Discussion 2006 FIFA WORLD CUP

Status
Not open for further replies.

kadoman

Itachi's Hat Maker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
6,320
Reaction score
55
Gender
Female
Country
United Kingdom
Re: WORLD CUP

Mimerich said:
Whos the one who oppened his arms and flew in style as a drama queen and won a penalty thus winning the match? It was no portuguese so stop with that idiotic labelling . EVERy TEAM DOES IT AND IT RUINS HTE GAME.

France scores and defends with 11 players.
Italy always defends with 11 players no matter what.
oh it will be an interesting final eh?
I have a feeling that tells me that the game for hte third place will be better :p

I'm not saying the French are 100% innocent (but at the time I posted that, so far, much of the diving belonged to Portugese). It's a sad and sorry fact that all players do it in all teams (with the exception of England who are probably one of the few teams who genuinely play in a sportsman-like manner).

I'm not going to get into a debate about whether the foul on Henry was a penalty or not, but I will say that Ronaldo did a spectacular swan dive (that is what I was referring to) and then claimed a penalty. I'm not attacking the Portugese team as a whole, but I do not like Ronaldo's attitude a bit and I think the fact he was booed everytime he touched the ball shows that I am not the only one (and these were French supporters! Not English!) All I can say is heaven help that boy when he returns to England. I actually feel sorry for him. I dont think he is representative of the Portugal team, thankfully.
[br]Posted on: July 06, 2006, 01:30:44 AM_________________________________________________
aDaMz said:
Trusting Kadoman? What wrong with you people?
France SHALL win the world cup this year
You'll see I'm right and when I am you'll have to say, You were right Kadoaime. Haha! :D

As an Arsenal supporter, I love France, and expect them to play well. I also like Italy. For me, I just think Italy edge it over France in the tournament as a whole. I just feel it's their year - though it would be nice for Zidane to go out with a bang.
 

Adam_xx

Intl Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
1,171
Reaction score
32
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: WORLD CUP

You'll see I'm right and when I am you'll have to say, You were right Kadoaime. Haha! :D

As an Arsenal supporter, I love France, and expect them to play well.
O_O
Is it just me, or you can't spell your own nickname?

Omg, I go for France, you go for France...
I go for Arsenal, you go for Arsenal...

Meh, nevertheless, GO FRANCE!!~~
 

kadoman

Itachi's Hat Maker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
6,320
Reaction score
55
Gender
Female
Country
United Kingdom
Re: WORLD CUP

GK jokingly christaned me Kadoaime (after Hokage). :D
 

Adam_xx

Intl Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
1,171
Reaction score
32
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: WORLD CUP

Pronounciation...

Kadoaime - KA-DO-AYE-MAY

Is that right? Lolz
 

kadoman

Itachi's Hat Maker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
6,320
Reaction score
55
Gender
Female
Country
United Kingdom
Re: WORLD CUP

Yeah! Haha! God, we're spamming now aren't we? Setting bad example for others! :D

*stops spamming*
 

Adam_xx

Intl Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
1,171
Reaction score
32
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: WORLD CUP

Hmmm...
Look at what I call myself.. (Under my avatar...)

Kk, stop n0w... xP
 

Mimerich

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 3, 2006
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Age
76
Gender
Hidden
Country
Aland Islands
Re: WORLD CUP

Kadoman said:
but I do not like Ronaldo's attitude a bit and I think the fact he was booed everytime he touched the ball shows that I am not the only one (and these were French supporters! Not English!)

Ronaldo was being booed since the first minute, it was not due to any diving. If you watch more of his games you can see that it always happens, premiership, champions league, whatever. people are afraid of those kind of players, so they do it.
He did a wonderfull game, made some amaaazing dribbles and all you can talk about is a damn dive...
 

kadoman

Itachi's Hat Maker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
6,320
Reaction score
55
Gender
Female
Country
United Kingdom
Re: WORLD CUP

Ah mate...perhaps you don't realise, but Ronaldo was booed, not because of his diving in that match, but because of his antics in the match against England.

Maybe where you live it is not widely known or publicised, but his hounding of the Ref to red card Rooney (who is his team mate) and his 'wink' after Rooney was sent off has made headlines in sports pages around the world. That was why he was booed. The sequence was played many times over and it did not reveal a very nice side of him.

I think The Times put it more tactfully than I could:

"...Christian Ronaldo, booed throughout the game for his percieved role in the misfortune of others..."

Look, I happen to think Ronaldo is a fantastic player mate. Don't get me wrong. He absolutely talented and in the past I have enjoyed watching him play (and this is coming from an Arsenal supporter!). But he has not endeared himself to people lately, though I have to admit that all that booing seemed only to spur him on and as a result he played very well for his team overall.

Don't take it personally Mimerich. We're talking about an individual football player, not you or your country. We should be able to discuss this calmly, yes?
 

Mimerich

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 3, 2006
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Age
76
Gender
Hidden
Country
Aland Islands
Re: WORLD CUP

that is funny. i believe it was not all over the world but only in the tabloidistic english press. they lost, so they had to have something to babble about. it wasnt only that, even the fact that Ronaldo smiled and kissed the ball before the penalty was criticized, like WTF!? did htey also criticize when he dedicated the goal to his dead father? quite possible..
its normal to be happy when an opponent gets sent off, but just because they are team mates in MU he shouldnt have? that press lacks common sense and it seems to spread onto its readers.
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,275
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: WORLD CUP

I don't know what Ronaldo did or anything of that (though he was mentioned in the "Whistle!" manga, so he must be a pretty good player) but like Kadoaime said, let's all be a little calm here. From my few experiences with soccer on TV, I seem to remember fans getting in an uproar and duking it out on the field 90% of the time, and I don't want that to happen here at MH either :sweatdrop

;)
 

mayumi

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
14
Reaction score
0
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: WORLD CUP

i don't know really c.ronaldo, this kid has a lot of talent. i thought it was very obvious in this match, really. but he is still a kid, what 21 yrs? i was not playing in the world cup or anything when i was 21.

now i am not sure but aren't the fans a little silly in booing a new kid on the block? how long do u think he will last in this current fame as a horrible diver? once the wc is over if he doesn't even return after 4 yrs for the next wc, why does it matter so much? frankly this whole wc has been a big one upset after another for the favourites or the deserved teams(not saying portugal deserved it in anyway).
unless people do see him as some what of an incredible new talent but his talent is wasted when he does so much diving that its all people can see. i thought he made 2 very nice passes that were a set up in the first half. but in the second half of the game he led the charge and he did quite well but not one striker was around that could get the ball in the net. if portugal does make it in the next wc, hopefully the kid will have more maturity in him to handle the spotlight the media have given him.

finally we have italy vs france. so will now justce be served for italy as well since they were also accused for diving in their matches? or will it all be forgotten because of thie brilliant game against germany? will the french supporters boo italy if they dive in their match against france? or is it just that the amount of fans france and italy have is just a whole lot more than portugal? how do u expect portugal to defend themself when all the other 3 semifinalists have some sort of record in wc but maybe portugal just barely went through their rounds in the wc?


if france actually tried to continue scoring i wouldn't mind this match so much but the fact that they didn't even try or didn't seem like they wanted to was just a bit disappointing in my opinion but in the world cup i guess getting to the finals is all that matters.
this kinda has a sucky feeling when teams don't give it their all, i hope italy makes france take some risks in the match and heres to hoping for a good final.
though it would be totally funny if the germany vs portugal match for thrid place(why they have to play, i don't know) is more entertaining that the final especially if both can play attacking football(what no one really cares for this match, seriously, do they?) :D
 

Mimerich

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 3, 2006
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Age
76
Gender
Hidden
Country
Aland Islands
Re: WORLD CUP

mayumi said:
how do u expect portugal to defend themself when all the other 3 semifinalists have some sort of record in wc but maybe portugal just barely went through their rounds in the wc?
In hte last 4 major competitions Portugal got 1 final and two semi finals. your not talking about any team. if you want to talk about 'barelys' talk about hte Italy-Australia, or both France and Italy passing the group stage.
i dont know why does it cost so much to people to admit Portugal´s value. they will keep owning lots of great teams because they are a great team, deal with it.O_o
 

lipos

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 5, 2006
Messages
18
Reaction score
1
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Re: WORLD CUP

Well for all that think that ronaldo is the one that caused the misfortune of rooney. im sorry mate but referee cleared that, or the referee sying that he didn't guive rooney the card for pushing ronaldo, only because we hit ricardo don't come on your land newspapers? And furthermore i think that Rooney is not innocent when he steps on carvalho lowparts. If rooney is innocent well then you get what you do for Rooney is widely know for is bad tempering and is snickery. Ronaldo did one dive and that's all that you can see from the game, and it's that why you because you didnt like ronaldo from the beggining. And because of that you didn0t care if the other team made dive or if that matters if anyother players did it. All that mather to you is that he did it cuz, he has becaume your target. And if doing that was so incredbly bad, well then, you to dislike what mardona did to england and scoring a goal with is hand, but then again your english its sure that you didnt like it.

I can really clear what you have done, has you cant sustain your pride accepting your on defeat, you have to pick a scapegoat so you can use has a punch bag. England is been since the defeat with portugal " We lost by a wink ". I suppose that if ronaldo hadn' been ther while rooney was being sent off, and it would be anyone else, or no one at all you would say " Carvalho balls of steel hit the boots of rooney and brake it, and has if this wouldn't suffice the referee sees it all the way around and expells rooney ". That is sad. Sad cuz you cant see that you lost cuz one GK beated the record of penaltys defended in a serie in all wolrd cup. And you know what? If some english press would se him in a picnic with a girl in a beach at nigth with some candles, the next day headlines would say "ricardo beats england with the help of black magic".

Amd that's what differs the sensionalistics tabeloids from the hard thruth defending news pappers. But as it looklikes english people prefer the tbad mouthing ones, well in that there is nothing to critcie cuz that's a weakness of human peopple looking for the defects of others to make the misery of others their joy, but its nothing more than a sad thing to do again. And I am certain that next time that portugal beat england you once again will find something to use has punch bag, and when i say this, it will not mather if it is a player in a lousy form the incompetent couch or the snickery of the other teams, simply because your damm arrogance will never acknowledge that a country like portugal beat you fair and square.
 

kadoman

Itachi's Hat Maker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
6,320
Reaction score
55
Gender
Female
Country
United Kingdom
Re: WORLD CUP

For the record, I am Australian, not English. :)
 

Mimerich

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 3, 2006
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Age
76
Gender
Hidden
Country
Aland Islands
Re: WORLD CUP

At least theres an African team in the final. :tem
 

karasu

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2006
Messages
455
Reaction score
18
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: WORLD CUP

:sweat
 

C4animax

Intl Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2006
Messages
1,027
Reaction score
30
Gender
Hidden
Country
France
Re: WORLD CUP

I think we will see a great final, no matter how good have the two teams been during the whole world cup, if one of them win with 6-0 that would say a lot but i cannot see that...
As for me i still believe in FRANCE but only for zidane :p

lipos said:
men i feel so frustrated, other penalty against portugal vs france this YEAR, is there any other way for france to beat us??
about the divings that you SEE FOR ONLY PORTUGUESE SIDE... no comments, about the referee, well i cant describe it cuz the words i would use don't come one the dictionaire... I cant just understand how portugal ended up receving the first yellow card of the game, and i certanlly cant understand how come a team that plays 65+ minutes with 10+1 players behind the ball line can be in the final...
for those of you who say and will say that France is a deserved winner ... NO COMMENTS.
Man sorry to tell you this but if your team won on a penalty you would be happy no matter how you had that penalty, everyone dive in this game anyway lol...so even if it does ruin it as someone said above , it's part of the game...
And if you watched France - brasil you can see that france is a good team.
Personnally i would say that ZIDANE deserve to win this world cup since he's retiring after this...

siegfried said:
France is boring.I dont even want to watch them.italy plays better and they should better win.
That's a big dilemma cause they'll play at the same time lol...
 

rykarreolacr

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 30, 2005
Messages
4,997
Reaction score
39
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Costa Rica
Re: WORLD CUP

siegfried said:
France is boring.I dont even want to watch them.italy plays better and they should better win.
C4animax said:
That's a big dilemma cause they'll play at the same time lol...
Ha ha ha!! That made me laugh!!! XD

I hope we'll get to see a great match, both teams deserve to be where they are.
I feel very happy for Zizou cause he's gonna say goodbye as the top player of the world.
Still, he's not getting through Cannavaro. :p
All right, I'll be back here at Sunday either way.
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: WORLD CUP

*Agrees with ryka.
I hope both team will show a performance that will go down as one the great game in football history.
 

kadoman

Itachi's Hat Maker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
6,320
Reaction score
55
Gender
Female
Country
United Kingdom
Re: WORLD CUP

I reckon we're in for a top match. It's hard for me to know who to go for. I have a natural inclindation to go for France because I am an Arsenal supporter, but I actually have a feeling Italy is going to win (plus, I'm a big fan of Cannavaro and Del Piero and Nesta). Tough choice!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top