Re: WORLD CUP
Materazzi, 32, told Gazetta dello Sport: 'I held his shirt for a few seconds only, then he turned to me and talked to me, jeering.
'He looked at me with a huge arrogance and said, `If you really want my shirt I'll give it to you afterwards'. I replied with an insult, that's true.'
Materazzi has not elaborated on what he did say, but one report suggested he responded with: `I'd rather take the shirt off your wife'.
He has denied, however, some of the more vile insults referring to his wife or sister or calling him a terrorist.
'It was one of those insults you're told dozens of times and that you often let fall on a pitch,' Materazzi said.
'I did not call him a terrorist. I am not a cultured person and I don't even know what as Islamist terrorist is.'
He added: 'For me the mother is sacred, you know that.'
Materazzi lost his own mother when he was just 14 years old.
Zidane's agent Alain Migliaccio earlier said Materazzi provoked Zidane with a 'serious comment', with suggestions the defender called his sister a prostitute.
Brazilian television channel Globo claims they hired lip-readers to watch the footage, and they said he twice insulted Zizou's sisters.
Zidane himself is yet to comment on the issue.
(Source: Soccernet & Ninemsn)