Discussion - 2006 FIFA WORLD CUP | Page 21 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion 2006 FIFA WORLD CUP

Status
Not open for further replies.

karasu

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Re: WORLD CUP

but really... i mean..straight after the moment italy scored?

Bibichan

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany

Ah well, no. But my father did. Does that count? :p <- No need to reply to that question.

Adam_xx

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Australia

Pfft...
After Zidane did that headbutt, I couldn't watch the game anymore..
I was crying my eyes out, laughing like a madman..

But I think they should both be fined, or something..
Fair to both parties that way...

C4animax

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
France

zindryr said:
It's all a matter of getting away with it. Verbal insults are actually something that you can penalize someone over, but since they are harder to catch, they happen all the time and it has become somewhat of an accepted part of the game.

Circumstances also don't matter. Under no circumstance should Zidane have done what he did, it doesn't matter what Materazzi said. It doesn't matter that it was Zidane's last game, nor does it matter how many people were watching or anything.

Not to mention, competitive sports are inherently the same no matter what level you are at in the game, unless you are simply playing for fun. If there is something at stake, you can bet that anything will be said or done to knock another player off his game.
yeah that's the point really, if they could catch sound as well as picture they would penalize verbal agression but saying it's part of the football because noone see you and that you should just get on with it, that's just wrong. Zidane shares both of what we said :
_Insults are part of this game.
_When you have an argue you need two people, and there's always someone who starts it, and that personne should be sanctionned as well.

I was taking the fact that if you were a great player, having your last match etc could get you nervous, and it seems that he was ok (what he said) so well i'm not saying anything on it i was wrong.

aDaMz said:
Pfft...
But I think they should both be fined, or something..
Fair to both parties that way...
Because it appears to be a huge evenment the federation of football is about to confront those two soon after all materrazzi isn't a great player is he?...zidane agree that he must be sanctionned but materazzi won't go away with it.
here's the proof :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HblsV-urHg&search=materazzi

Kadoman said:
Mate, thanks for the link! Incredibly funny. Had a laugh at all the other videos too! Like the French take on it!
the last one when he destroys the stars is the funniest in my opinion :D, look at the video of materazzi. Link above.
Edit : Some more about zidane : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAKNw5wazVA&feature=TopRated&page=4&t=t&f=b personnally i think this is getting boring isn't it?...(exept a few)

phatspy

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Trinidad and Tobago

well personaly i t hought that it was funny but the thing though is that the referees didn't c it they needed 2 look on tehreplay screens i didn't really what italy 2 win and i was very dissapointed but still they had a good match and unfortunately zidane will not b remembered asthe athlete he should b known for

newyorkchick

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score

yeah italy won i noe in so late srry but ive been busy ! im so happy italy won even if i wanted portugal to win *theres alot of hotties therelike # 17 *but ill live

Status
Not open for further replies.