Football 2010 FIFA World Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
haha....omg england and his goalkeepers. Since Gordon Banks they never had a good goalkeeper. I feel a bit sorry for them....but just a little bit :D
We've been shit in that position since seaman retired. But even without the howler they probably would have scored. Enjoyable game nonetheless.

Edit: Btw as a sidenote, i think the ball was in the air for most of the game. *sigh*
 
Last edited:

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Onyewu's beard is awesome.
Man of the match together with Howard

He played a long time in Belgium. He had that beard back then too and his Iranian girlfriend is really hot ;)
 

Harlett

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2008
Messages
257
Reaction score
7
Gender
Female
Country
Mexico
Well it's surely more popular among those who play(ed) it. I played it so I follow the World Cup at least. I'd say it's not a popular sport mostly because there is no viable professional league, the MLS is HORRIBLE. It's much more popular as a college sport actually IMO.
Wow O_oU
At least the idea about the level of the soccer in USA, in Mexico, change. Mainly after the defeat in the 2002 World Cup (Ouch)

Argentina won today but I was disappointed, they should have scored more. Not sure whether Nigeria did really good or simply maradona did not do his job all that well (at moments argentina's defense seemed a tad brittle and were it not for messi attacks would have had no structure)
Yeah

And I really thought that England would win but not
Oh god, that error so serious x_x
Congratulation, USA
 

thsv

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2008
Messages
280
Reaction score
35
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
haha....omg england and his goalkeepers. Since Gordon Banks they never had a good goalkeeper. I feel a bit sorry for them....but just a little bit :D
<hr noshade size="1">
You forget about Shilton and Clemence. It's just a pity they came up at the same time. Oh and as much as I hate to admit it David Seaman.

So 2 and a half groups out of the way. France were an abomination but then again they were 4 years ago and almost won it. Uruguay and Mexico looked average. South Africa played a lot better than I expected. Argentina didn't look great but I suppose they're pacing themselves. They don't want to peak too soon.

As for England, if they had won with this performance I'd have said it was just about getting the result rather than playing well. They'll be in trouble if they can't step it up a gear. Algeria aren't as bad as people make them out to be. Remember they ground out a 3-2 win in the African Cup of Nations against Ivory Coast in January. They are a team that plays solely to get the result.
 

Evil3ye

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
7,276
Reaction score
28,466
Country
Fun Forum
Ok ok ok ok ppls. So today's Germany's first match vs the evil island of doom - Australia. LOLOOLLOl

No money but I say Ger 1:0 Aus

:darn Even if our captain is a dwarf, since Ballack is out..
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
2-1 Germany. Penalty given to Ghana now... I hope they win.
 

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2008
Messages
12,457
Reaction score
6,167
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Ghana will win, ka-ching. And 2-0 to Germany. Easy.
 

L0ki

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 10, 2009
Messages
336
Reaction score
101
Gender
Hidden
Country
Argentina
Will someone score more than one freaking goal?!?!


Will someone try to play football??!!!
 
Last edited:

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
Will someone score more than one freaking goal?!?!
<hr noshade size="1">
Will someone try to play football??!!!
Yea, to be honest the tournament has been shit so far. Nothing, i mean nothing interesting has happened apart from Green.
 

sindergi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2009
Messages
684
Reaction score
151
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
there was no interesting game - all games were pretty boring. I hope it will get better when the round of sixteen begins.....

my bet : Germany vs Australia = 0:1
 

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
14,313
Reaction score
1,730
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
Group stage is always boring, the boost comes later. That's the same every four years.....
 

Evil3ye

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
7,276
Reaction score
28,466
Country
Fun Forum
Yop. tournement was shit so far. Hope today's game won't be that disappointing.
sindergi, eni.. public viewing? ;/
 

Akainu

Magma♥
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 21, 2007
Messages
7,318
Reaction score
3,462
Gender
Male
Country
Bavaria
there was no interesting game - all games were pretty boring. I hope it will get better when the round of sixteen begins.....

my bet : Germany vs Australia = 0:1
traitor :notrust

but since I was wrong with about every bet until now, I have the bad feeling you might be right :/
 

sindergi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2009
Messages
684
Reaction score
151
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Yop. tournement was shit so far. Hope today's game won't be that disappointing.
sindergi, eni.. public viewing? ;/
Yes im watching the game in the Beach Club in Tiergarten.


traitor :notrust

but since I was wrong with about every bet until now, I have the bad feeling you might be right :/
I hope for a 3:0 for Germany but i think Australia will win. I have no trust in this team - i hope they change my mind today.
 
Last edited:

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Yea, to be honest the tournament has been shit so far. Nothing, i mean nothing interesting has happened apart from Green.
True stories. talking about shit, did anyone watch Slovenia vs Algeria???:mad As described by Alan Hansen, that game watch "pergatory" I felt like I was being punished for some reason.
 

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
14,313
Reaction score
1,730
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
I hope for a 3:0 for Germany but i think Australia will win. I have no trust in this team - i hope they change my mind today.
That is SOOOO German, seriously. You're hearing these comments every cup up till the quarters and then they suddenly all mutate into fansbyheart and stick a little flag on their car :XD

I watch at home, Evil3ye. My neighbours are loud enough to replace the crowd around me >_>
 

Evil3ye

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
7,276
Reaction score
28,466
Country
Fun Forum
I'll watch at home as well. Not feeling like going out today, although the weather is decent at the moment. If Lahm's team won't be as lame as his name says I probably will be watching the next games somewhere else though :P

Still sayin 1:0 for Ger.
 

sindergi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2009
Messages
684
Reaction score
151
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
That is SOOOO German, seriously. You're hearing these comments every cup up till the quarters and then they suddenly all mutate into fansbyheart and stick a little flag on their car :XD

I watch at home, Evil3ye. My neighbours are loud enough to replace the crowd around me >_>
After all im german :D

The reason why i dont trust them are :
Klose : played almost never this year and has a poor form at the moment
Podolski : had a poor form during the Bundeliga this year, too

At least we have Cacau, who is in a really good condition.

And we have a lot of new and young players.....and they first have to prove that they can manage the pressure.
Dont misunderstand me....im a big fan of Kießling, Müller,Khedira and Marin and i think they will be great players in the future, but lets see how they are doing this worldcup.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,329
Reaction score
24,939
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
OMFG, what is up with the games so far? Every single goal so far has not been the result of a good play, even attributing them to luck would be a mistake. Every goal so far has been the result of a horrible mistake by someone.... STEP UP PEOPLE, WC is supposed to be fun. The only cool thing about the initial stages is watching big teams crushing small teams by a wide margin and we are not getting even that.... 3-0 for germany today!
 

L0ki

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 10, 2009
Messages
336
Reaction score
101
Gender
Hidden
Country
Argentina
Germany is showing some surprisingly good football... and I hope they stop doing it soon cause I have money on a 2-0.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top