Football 2010 FIFA World Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Wow O_oU
At least the idea about the level of the soccer in USA, in Mexico, change. Mainly after the defeat in the 2002 World Cup (Ouch)
:rofl I still remember the feeling today
 

Evil3ye

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
7,276
Reaction score
28,464
Country
Fun Forum
Oh-My-God. Since when are they so good :o
or does Australia simply suck? Nah, they had some pretty good chances in the beginning already just failed in scoring. So next match I'm watching in public :D

Oh and red for Özil pls. Totally dislike him already, don't wanna see these ugly ape dude in this championship no more.. and here I was thinking Müller's the black sheep
 
Last edited:

sindergi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2009
Messages
684
Reaction score
151
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Ole Ole.....4:0 - this was pretty good !!!

But this was NO red card !! The referee seems to like giving yellow and red cards.....
 

Xophien

Eroge Danchou
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 30, 2006
Messages
6,654
Reaction score
3,871
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
France
Germany's match was definitely better than all the other matches combined so far. It was still one-sided, so it could be better, but Germany played so... not like the usual Germany, I was impressed. They'll still lose in the semi-finals to a team that plays a defensive football anyway, but still >.>
 

sindergi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2009
Messages
684
Reaction score
151
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Germany's match was definitely better than all the other matches combined so far. It was still one-sided, so it could be better, but Germany played so... not like the usual Germany, I was impressed. They'll still lose in the semi-finals to a team that plays a defensive football anyway, but still >.>
Like 2006 in the semi-finals against Italy.....what a painfull memory :crying
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,326
Reaction score
24,938
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Finally, a top team actually playing like a top rated team... Seriously, seeing england and argentina struggle so much against second and third rate teams respectively was painful to say the least.... I can't say I was surprised about the results of Germany's game (I did have my money on a 3-0), Australia is just a third rate team in my book..... Hopefully Italy's game will be just as good. I have my money on italy winning 3-1 against paraguay...
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
Oh and red for Özil pls. Totally dislike him already, don't wanna see these ugly ape dude in this championship no more.. and here I was thinking Müller's the back sheep
Was that because of the dive? He was awesome in the match i thought.
 

One Eyed Sharingan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2005
Messages
573
Reaction score
68
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
those young uns from Germany played nicely, calm.
Well i guess because they we're pretty much controlling the game.

and i'm pretty pleased that they didn't concede any goal
no goal for you Gomez, i knew that


That is SOOOO German, seriously. You're hearing these comments every cup up till the quarters and then they suddenly all mutate into fansbyheart and stick a little flag on their car :XD

I watch at home, Evil3ye. My neighbours are loud enough to replace the crowd around me >_>
hahah i remembered before WC 2006, they being tsuntsun for Klinsmann, and then being deredere after. Even asking him to prolong his contract as the manager

so after this match, are they being deredere yet? and signed the contract for Loew to prolong his status as the manager?
 
Last edited:

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
I didn't expect that kinda performance from Germany but it was the best of the tournament. Germany were as good as Australia were poor. Good perfomances from Ozil, Lahm, Muller, Even Podolski and Klose who people were doubting were really good, and the latter should have had a hattrick.
 

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
9,744
Reaction score
8,510
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
First post here and what i have to say first is lol @ Green.

Anyway,I expect a good performance from Italy and Netherlands tomorrow.
 

One Eyed Sharingan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2005
Messages
573
Reaction score
68
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
I didn't expect that kinda performance from Germany but it was the best of the tournament. Germany were as good as Australia were poor. Good perfomances from Ozil, Lahm, Muller, Even Podolski and Klose who people were doubting were really good, and the latter should have had a hattrick.
well, i somewhat expected the attacking nature.. but the superb possession play??? it was a pleasant surprise.

bah gotta go to work in 1.5 hour... gonna hit the sack now
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,326
Reaction score
24,938
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
I didn't expect that kinda performance from Germany but it was the best of the tournament. Germany were as good as Australia were poor. Good perfomances from Ozil, Lahm, Muller, Even Podolski and Klose who people were doubting were really good, and the latter should have had a hattrick.
I am not really sure why would anyone be surprised about germany's performance today lol. Some people make it sound as if Germany was not a favorite to win the WC as it is every other cup -granted it is just a favorite, not THE favorite-. Australia has never been a remotely good team, hell, they are not even mediocre....
 

Evil3ye

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
7,276
Reaction score
28,464
Country
Fun Forum
Was that because of the dive? He was awesome in the match i thought.

@kkck tbh I didn't see Ger being a favorite either. But this might be because of the whole bad media over here like news bout Ballack, the distrust against the yound players, Kuranyi's dismissing, and more.. however after their opening match it chanced completely. I do expect same good perfermance against Ghana now. Not sure about Serbia yet though.

Can't wait to see Italy's, Netherlands', Portugal's and Spain's perfermance these days now.))
 

DanielKnoT

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 27, 2010
Messages
344
Reaction score
105
Gender
Male
Country
Venezuela
What amazing game from Germany.. They are a very different team without Ballack.. More Offensive and faster..
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,326
Reaction score
24,938
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
@kkck tbh I didn't see Ger being a favorite either. But this might be because of the whole bad media over here like news bout Ballack, the distrust against the yound players, Kuranyi's dismissing, and more.. however after their opening match it chanced completely. I do expect same good perfermance against Ghana now. Not sure about Serbia yet though.

Can't wait to see Italy's, Netherlands', Portugal's and Spain's perfermance these days now.))
Ballack is just one player. Even though another of his level might not be around, I'd think there are plenty other players of roughly his level who could replace him. It's like saying Brasil lost a lot by not having ronaldihno on the team....It's a shame but IMO not something which could altogether cost the WC to the team. Germany is a well structured team that has potent offense, I doubt they will fail to show similar results against serbia or ghana (I do think both of them are as third rate as australia).
 

Akainu

Magma♥
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 21, 2007
Messages
7,318
Reaction score
3,462
Gender
Male
Country
Bavaria
So in the end it was a good thing Boateng injured him (sorry Ballack) and might actually backfire on Ghana, that's one of the interesting twists and turns a worldcup should have :amuse
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,326
Reaction score
24,938
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
On another note, I am the only one who does not really feel spain winning this WC? I know they won a bunch of stuff and have a great team, I just don't feel it. Who knows, everyone else could be right and I could be wrong lol.

Also, who do you guys see making it to the next round in group H other than spain? Honduras is an awful team and I really do not expect much from them, I think Chile will make it.
 
Last edited:

sindergi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2009
Messages
684
Reaction score
151
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Im very curious about the teams which are playing tomorrow.

My predictions for tomorrow :

Netherland vs. Denmark = 3:0
Japan vs. Cameroon = 0:1
Italy vs. Paraguay = 1:1

I think Netherland has a strong team this worldcup...like almost every wc but in the past they almost failed evertime in big tournaments....lets see how it will be this wc.
I dont know what to think about Japan, saw in the last years no game of them, so i think Cameroon is stronger.
I think Italy´s team is too old and the games i watched in the last time make me thinks that this will not be a good wc for them......and i never liked their defensive football - ok but you have to admit that this style is very sucessfull.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,326
Reaction score
24,938
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Doesn't italy always play good tournaments? There is also a reason they won the WC at germany. Paraguay is not particularly strong even by the poor standards of south america, IMO there are plenty of teams who did not make it to the WC that are overall better. Italy is always a strong competitor, IMO they will win 3-1 against paraguay.
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Germany is showing some surprisingly good football...
:rofl

I don't know if you check out European national teams. Germany lost the last European Championship against Spain (consider that championship on world level); furthermore Germany has always been a good tournament team. Even when their team is weaker to their common standards, they even manage to play a WC final, like they did in Japan/South-Korea...

Football isn't technical play only. Let me say:

the best eleven always win against the eleven best
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top