Football 2010 FIFA World Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Say what you will about the defense, but the Denmark/Cameroon match was the most entertaining match I've watched so far (granted I've only been able to see about 5 games so far).
Yes that match was very entertaining. I do not have anything against a defensive organization if you use it like Denmark for a fast forward play (counter). But Japan's defensive play wasn't even used for that. It was merely used as anti-football.

So I root for defensive plays like Switzerland and Denmark
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Italy 0-1 New Zealand I hope they hold on. This World Cup has really thrown all predictions away. Oh godammit, the italians just got a pen.
 

Asclepius

MH Senpai
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Feb 1, 2010
Messages
9,412
Reaction score
5,154
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
No idea what's happening to the national teams... the second round has been really strange.
But Italy still makes me drool. And i bet on Brasil 3 X 1 Cote D'Ivoiri

For now: FUERZA AZURRA!
 

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
9,744
Reaction score
8,510
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I loved the game yesterday.Cameroon against Danmark was one of the best games so far,if not the best.
I couldn't even sit on my chair at the end,it was surprisingly entertaining.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Some news: France have refused to train apparently in support of Anelka being sent home. What is happening in that camp??

Italy drew, what a terrible result for them, but a good one for New Zealand. I think the Italians may be one of the giants to fall in the group stages.
 

Pirulito

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 28, 2007
Messages
3,346
Reaction score
726
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil


Go, Brazil!

Today it will be 2-0 Brazil!
 
Last edited:

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
I'd rather be not too confident (but knowing you guys and your love for football, I enjoy it somehow ;))... Ivory Coast has a very good team and I am expecting them to start with Drogba today...

I am going to root for Ivory Coast and I hope they'll take the win. It isn't impossible if you check out how weak Basil was against N-K


Some news: France have refused to train apparently in support of Anelka being sent home. What is happening in that camp??
Well what Anelka said against the coach was something that happened in private (in a way the press couldn't have known it). So there's a leak in the French team towards the press. Normally these things could have been perfectly handled by the technical staff (put Anelka on the bench for good). The press had their stories and things gotten worse

and now it seems Evra and the fitness coach Duverne had a verbal fight. Latter one stopped exercising his function for good.
 
Last edited:

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah thanks for clearing that up. They just showed some footage over here on Sky Sports News, it showed the players arriving on the training ground, huddled up for a bit then the verbal fight between Evra and fitness coach, then Evra handed a letter over for Domenech to read out to the media. wtf? I've never seen anything like this before.

Then it showed another member of the french backroom team I think in tears.
 

Pirulito

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 28, 2007
Messages
3,346
Reaction score
726
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I'd rather be not too confident (but knowing you guys and your love for football, I enjoy it somehow ;))... Ivory Coast has a very good team and I am expecting them to start with Drogba today...

I am going to root for Ivory Coast and I hope they'll take the win. It isn't impossible if you check out how weak Basil was against N-K

I want them to start with Drogba too. I love the way Drogba plays.

And, I know, if Ivory play like they played against Portugal, it'll be really hard for Brasil. Honestly, my reason says "expect nothing but a draw".

But I can't bet with my reason. My excitement is huge.

Go,
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
This game was truly a joke :scry The second goal... Two times hands, the image afterwards with the referee and Luis Fabiano, truly not done

Why was Kaka doing this? He should have known Ivory Coast would try to get him a red card after that first yellow.

Sadly this match was never what it could have been. The 2-0 truly screwed up everything
 

Asclepius

MH Senpai
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Feb 1, 2010
Messages
9,412
Reaction score
5,154
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
No idea what's happening to the national teams... the second round has been really strange.
But Italy still makes me drool. And i bet on Brasil 3 X 1 Cote D'Ivoiri

For now: FUERZA AZURRA!
HA! :P
Talent>force
Brazil ALWAYS have tight first games at WC. That's why i was expecting 2X1 against North Korea.
Pitty Kaká was fooled. Let's hope for a great game against Portugal, although i don't expect much without Kaká.

Next: Brazucas X Tugas.
 

destiny4ever

MH's Most Friendly Member
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 30, 2008
Messages
5,568
Reaction score
6,349
Gender
Female
Country
United States
While I’m very happy that Brazil won; I’m sad, upset and worried because of what happened to Elano and Kaka. I really hope Elano’s injury isn’t very serious and that he will be able to play next game. And regarding Kaka, maybe I’m wrong but I don’t think he deserved that red card…and I do wonder why Dunga didn’t pull Kaka off the field after he got a yellow card (as a precautionary measure I mean), as koenosaki said, it was obvious that Ivory Coast was going to try to get him a red card after the first yellow. *sigh* Ivory Coast played a very dirty game IMHO, so yes, I won’t deny that I’m extra happy that they lost.
 
Last edited:

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Well, I agree that Dunga makes a big mistake by not substituting kaka

but it is really funny how some people are forgetting the second goal with three huge faults in only 10 seconds:
1. When the defender jumps, you can clearly see that Luis Fabiano makes an unfair physical move
2. He clearly touches the first ball with his arm
3. Afterwards he does it a second time

I really can't believe that the referee and the linesman didn't see that. Goal should have been void and the game would have been different.

I can understand Ivory Coast's feelings. Brazilians (Fabiano being the top of it) were very arrogant in their play towards them. If you lack fair play during the second goal; show at least some respect towards a team that is losing unjustified and undeserved 3-0

This referee has killed the game
 
Last edited:

Evil3ye

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
7,276
Reaction score
28,464
Country
Fun Forum
Actually the most of the games with Africans were kinda dirty so far. But this did stand out, some seriously bad tackles and all the dives. meh yet I found this game was the most entertaining today and Fabianos second goal was IMHO the best on this WC (even if it was with two handplays :lmao), the solo was just stunning.

So for tomorrow we have
Portugal - North Korea
Chile - Switzerland
Spain - Honduras

Spain and Portugal are playing again, and both got to score or else it's over already hah. Also curious to see if Chile will keep up the success of the South American teams.
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
Well, I agree that Dunga makes a big mistake by not substituting kaka

but it is really funny how some people are forgetting the second goal with three huge faults in only 10 seconds:
1. When the defender jumps, you can clearly see that Luis Fabiano makes an unfair physical move
2. He clearly touches the first ball with his arm
3. Afterwards he does it a second time

I really can't believe that the referee and the linesman didn't see that. Goal should have been void and the game would have been different.

I can understand Ivory Coast's feelings. Brazilians were very arrogant towards them. If you lack fair play during the second goal; show at least some respect towards a team that is losing unjustified and undeserved 3-0

This referee has killed the game
Totally agree. Although about the kaka incident, that was disgraceful from keita. Went down clutching his face when it was his chest that was hit. Rivaldo-esque.:notrust
 

destiny4ever

MH's Most Friendly Member
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 30, 2008
Messages
5,568
Reaction score
6,349
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Yes, maybe it would have been for the best to void Fabiano’s goal. However, I don’t know if that would have kept Ivory Coast from playing the way they did during the second time, maybe yes, maybe no.

Whatever the reason, I still think it doesn’t justify the way Ivory Coast acted towards Brazil, at least in my opinion, it doesn’t. It wasn’t nice to see (especially as a Brazil fan and yes I know I’m biased) all the dirty moves they used to try to intentionally hurt some of the Brazilians players. To be honest, at some point I really thought the players from both teams were going to start hitting each other and that a fight was going to erupt.

This referee has killed the game
ITA.

Although about the kaka incident, that was disgraceful from keita. Went down clutching his face when it was his chest that was hit.
QFT.
 
Last edited:

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
I know destiny, totally agree but that's truly inherent to football. Football = emotions. It is not only Ivory Coast doing such things. It happens to a team more often than you think and mostly, awful but true, when a referee screws up the match by making wrong decisions.

I don't justify dirty play but I can understand it when you are a victim because of the lack of fair play. Fair play, the concept the Fifa, Uefa etc promotes the most...

This is an example of how it should be

and this too

three faults in one time, you could at least admit it... and afterwards Luis Fabiano was constantly falling, his mimics, etc... I really disliked his attitude the most
 
Last edited:

destiny4ever

MH's Most Friendly Member
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 30, 2008
Messages
5,568
Reaction score
6,349
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I know destiny, totally agree but that's truly inherent to football.
Yes, you are right and it is true. I know this is off topic but talking about this topic in this thread reminded me of when I talked about the very same topic with other fellow fans and even with my dad after watching one of episodes of Giant Killing where I wasn’t very happy with the actions of one of the players…

Football = emotions.
Very wise and truthful words, but I guess it happens will all the sports, they can awaken emotions in all the people involved (players, referees, coaches and of course the fans).

It is not only Ivory Coast doing such things. It happens to a team more often than you think and mostly, awful but true, when a referee screws up the match by making wrong decisions.
Again you are completely right. Referees sometimes sure screw up things very badly, but then again, they are only humans.

Fair play, the concept the Fifa, Uefa etc promotes the most...

This is an example of how it should be

and this too
Those videos were awesome, especially the first one. That player (Di Canio) deserves so much respect. Mmmm...who was he? What teams was he from?

three faults in one time, you could at least admit it... and afterwards Luis Fabiano was constantly falling, his mimics, etc... I really disliked his attitude the most
I understand where you are coming from and why you dislike Fabiano; unfortunately the players that receive the worst part of the dirty play were Elano and Kaka :(, and not Fabiano…as they say two wrongs (Fabiano’s hands and IV’s dirty play) don’t make a right…
 
Last edited:

Pirulito

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 28, 2007
Messages
3,346
Reaction score
726
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil



HA! :P
Talent>force
Brazil ALWAYS have tight first games at WC. That's why i was expecting 2X1 against North Korea.
Pitty Kaká was fooled. Let's hope for a great game against Portugal, although i don't expect much without Kaká.

Next: Brazucas X Tugas.

So, you guessed the score game again, Mãe Dinah (Dinah Mother, a brazilian oracle)

While I’m very happy that Brazil won; I’m sad, upset and worried because of what happened to Elano and Kaka. I really hope Elano’s injury isn’t very serious and that he will be able to play next game. And regarding Kaka, maybe I’m wrong but I don’t think he deserved that red card…and I do wonder why Dunga didn’t pull Kaka off the field after he got a yellow card (as a precautionary measure I mean), as koenosaki said, it was obvious that Ivory Coast was going to try to get him a red card after the first yellow. *sigh* Ivory Coast played a very dirty game IMHO, so yes, I won’t deny that I’m extra happy that they lost.

Yeah, not only to Elano but with Michel Bastos too. And I don't know how that guy stayed in the game yet. The move seemed worse than what happened with Elano.


Well, I agree that Dunga makes a big mistake by not substituting kaka

but it is really funny how some people are forgetting the second goal with three huge faults in only 10 seconds:
1. When the defender jumps, you can clearly see that Luis Fabiano makes an unfair physical move
2. He clearly touches the first ball with his arm
3. Afterwards he does it a second time

I really can't believe that the referee and the linesman didn't see that. Goal should have been void and the game would have been different.

I can understand Ivory Coast's feelings. Brazilians (Fabiano being the top of it) were very arrogant in their play towards them. If you lack fair play during the second goal; show at least some respect towards a team that is losing unjustified and undeserved 3-0

This referee has killed the game

Unfair physical move? I really didn't see it.
The two hand, yeah, it was clear. But it was clear only with the replay. Without the replay, did you see those two hands?

And Koen, explain what you mean by arrogance. I can't see that.

Well, funny situation: when Luis Fabiano was dribbling, a friend started to scream: My god, Pelé! Pelé!
See the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeFba3LMLnc
We just have a reconstruction of the goal. But Pele considers this the best goal of his career.


Actually the most of the games with Africans were kinda dirty so far. But this did stand out, some seriously bad tackles and all the dives. meh yet I found this game was the most entertaining today and Fabianos second goal was IMHO the best on this WC (even if it was with two handplays :lmao), the solo was just stunning.

Even though it was illegal, I think it was the best goal on this WC too.
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Well Di Canio, I will never forget that because I was coincidentally watching a summary of that Match (west ham vs everton I think). I still consider it as the best fair play event I watched. The ironic thing about this guy is that he admits that he is fascist, he was from Lazio and he was known for doing fascist mimic.

Oh and Elano is definitely the type of player I like a lot. He has something clear in his play (difficult to explain... hmmmm... he doesn't overact his way of playing)


Unfair physical move? I really didn't see it.
The two hand, yeah, it was clear. But it was clear only with the replay. Without the replay, did you see those two hands?

And Koen, explain what you mean by arrogance. I can't see that.
Check the replay well, by not jumping and by using his body, he's hindering the defender

It was clear enough for some players of Ivory Coast to pull up their arms.

Arrogance: you don't have to take it literally. It is not like aggressive or something. It is difficult to explain and it is difficult to see, only neutral objective viewers can see an arrogant playing style. There must be games where you didn't watch Brazil but watched two teams you didn't care and in which you said: damn that's arrogance
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top