Football 2010 FIFA World Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asclepius

MH Senpai
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Feb 1, 2010
Messages
9,412
Reaction score
5,154
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
I didn't forget what Luis Fabiano did. But i think u are wrong to say it affected Ivory Coast. Only one player raised his hand to complain right after that, cause they didn't see it. I only saw it on slow motion. It was too fast and too beautiful.
Yeah i remembered the Rivaldo time (ball at his stomach and hands on his face). I think the refeere didn't see it, he just listened to what Coast Ivory players said.
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
:oh What a short and very fast replay :sweat Doesn't help a lot. The image afterwards was an example of arrogance: the referee making a move with the arms and hands and Fabiano acting: no, no I didn't do anything

http://soccer-portal.org/cat/goal-of-the-day/2188-luis-fabiano-goal-v-cote-d-ivoire.html - check the body check, how he's using his ass against a jumping defender. That's hindering the defender in an air duel, definitely a fault. Pause it on 58th sec

:rofl to the commentaries afterwards. What a delusion... well I saw a handplay even without a replay. I do see things very good during matches then again

Anyways, it is said that he might be suspended based on the images afterwards ^^
 
Last edited:

destiny4ever

MH's Most Friendly Member
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 30, 2008
Messages
5,568
Reaction score
6,349
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Yeah, not only to Elano but with Michel Bastos too. And I don't know how that guy stayed in the game yet. The move seemed worse than what happened with Elano.
Yes, him too. I think the question should be not what players were hurt by IC, but what players weren’t? At some point it seemed as if the IC players were attacking everyone from the Brazilian team. I haven’t played football in a serious way and I haven’t played it in a long time, but what I remember faintly from the times when I used to play it with my childhood friends, a hit to that part of the leg was pretty bad (a big ouch). As I said I really hope Elano is not badly injured. :(
 

Asclepius

MH Senpai
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Feb 1, 2010
Messages
9,412
Reaction score
5,154
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
:oh What a short and very fast replay :sweat Doesn't help a lot. The image afterwards was an example of arrogance: the referee making a move with the arms and hands and Fabiano acting: no, no I didn't do anything

http://soccer-portal.org/cat/goal-of-the-day/2188-luis-fabiano-goal-v-cote-d-ivoire.html - check the body check, how he's using his ass against a jumping defender. That's hindering the defender in an air duel, definitely a fault

:rofl to the commentaries afterwards. What a delusion... well I saw a handplay even without a replay. I do see things very good during matches then again

Anyways, it is said that he might be suspended based on the images afterwards ^^
That first part has never been a fault anywhere. I never saw a referee marking that in any game: one guy stays down and the other jumps, no fault there.
And the guy speaking in the video didn't see it at first, the brazilian one didn't see it at first... As i said it was too fast.
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
That first part has never been a fault anywhere. I never saw a referee marking that in any game: one guy stays down and the other jumps, no fault there.
And the guy speaking in the video didn't see it at first, the brazilian one didn't see it at first... As i said it was too fast.
No, you're wrong...

I think you should be careful by saying that. I play football myself and I can say it can be frustrating they stop the game for these cases a lot. I know air play isn't very common in Brazil but it's the biggest mistake people make when saying a none jumping vs a jumping player is never a mistake. Those are mostly more fault than a jumping player vs jumping player case because there's more danger because of the unbalance you create by not going into an air duel. And in this case it can be a fault because you can clearly see that the player/defender is losing his balance (which wouldn't have happened if Luis Fabiano wouldn't have that move). If I were him, I would have fallen on the ground -> mark my words: the referee would have ended the game in that case
 
Last edited:

Asclepius

MH Senpai
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Feb 1, 2010
Messages
9,412
Reaction score
5,154
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
But arms touching ball... yes that happened and the flag guy should had seen the first time. It was in front of him.


No, you're wrong...

I think you should be careful by saying that. I play football myself and I can say it can be frustrating they stop the game for these cases a lot. I know air play isn't very common in Brazil but it's the biggest mistake people make when saying a none jumping vs a jumping player is never a mistake. Those are mostly more fault than a jumping player vs jumping player case. And in this case it can be a fault because you can clearly see that the player/defender is losing his balance
u need to watch more games from national teams. Remember Roberto carlos? He played in Real MAdrid a lot... That's what he always did, cause he is very short. I really don't remember a single time the referee stoppped to mark fault against him.
 
Last edited:

Pirulito

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 28, 2007
Messages
3,346
Reaction score
726
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Well Di Canio, I will never forget that because I was coincidentally watching a summary of that Match (west ham vs everton I think). I still consider it as the best fair play event I watched. The ironic thing about this guy is that he admits that he is fascist, he was from Lazio and he was known for doing fascist mimic.

Oh and Elano is definitely the type of player I like a lot. He has something clear in his play (difficult to explain... hmmmm... he doesn't overact his way of playing)
<hr noshade size="1">


Check the replay well, by not jumping and by using his body, he's hindering the defender

It was clear enough for some players of Ivory Coast to pull up their arms.

Arrogance: you don't have to take it literally. It is not like aggressive or something. It is difficult to explain and it is difficult to see, only neutral objective viewers can see an arrogant playing style. There must be games where you didn't watch Brazil but watched two teams you didn't care and in which you said: damn that's arrogance
:oh What a short and very fast replay :sweat Doesn't help a lot. The image afterwards was an example of arrogance: the referee making a move with the arms and hands and Fabiano acting: no, no I didn't do anything

http://soccer-portal.org/cat/goal-of-the-day/2188-luis-fabiano-goal-v-cote-d-ivoire.html - check the body check, how he's using his ass against a jumping defender. That's hindering the defender in an air duel, definitely a fault. Pause it on 58th sec

:rofl to the commentaries afterwards. What a delusion... well I saw a handplay even without a replay. I do see things very good during matches then again

Anyways, it is said that he might be suspended based on the images afterwards ^^

Well, maybe you will say it is because I'm brazilian but it isn't fault. (Just to note: We aren't nationalist, we like to screw up our country every time we have opportunity for it).
I can't agree with it, but I respect your opinion. After all, it is football and normally we don't have same opinions about the referee decisions.

And about arrogance... we have diifferent opinions of what would be arrogance in football. The example you used to explain arrogance is my example for how players pretend in the game.

In my opinion, arrogance would be something like this (an extreme example)
Do unnecessary things just to make fun of the other team.


Yes, him too. I think the question should be not what players were hurt by IC, but what players weren’t? At some point it seemed as if the IC players were attacking everyone from the Brazilian team. I haven’t played football in a serious way and I haven’t played it in a long time, but what I remember faintly from the times when I used to play it with my childhood friends, a hit to that part of the leg was pretty bad (a big ouch). As I said I really hope Elano is not badly injured. :(

Don't worry, he is fine. The doctor said he can play next game.
 

Weapon_X

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 26, 2009
Messages
3,314
Reaction score
2,611
Gender
Male
Country
England
Re: Hangout Thread v. 17

^^
I'm an England fan as well...and their lack of good goalkeepers is getting very annoying
I know, atleast David James is a better keeper then him. Still we played so shit against Algeria it's unbelieveable, Algeria were all over us. :mad
 

Saintz0r

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2008
Messages
1,414
Reaction score
192
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
What was most intriguing to me was the referee talking to Fabiano after the goal and then smiling when he said that the ball touched his chest... Some journalists here are joking that as a french referee he must think that using the hands isallowed after Henry's goal :XD
Kaka's red was undeserved imho, and the foul that Elano suffered was enough for a red card, but theguy didn't give even an yellow... just goes to show he's really awful xD
Btw, what's happening in the french team is just absurd, i've never seen something like that in a worldc cup squad.

On another note, it'll become difficult to talk to me about football... I mean, we've 7 world cups, 58, 62, 70, 94, 02, 10, 14 :p
 

Asclepius

MH Senpai
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Feb 1, 2010
Messages
9,412
Reaction score
5,154
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
Elano's foot is OK. Just saw him saying it a few minutes ago at TV :woot

The second half was full of controversy. After 50 minutes, Fabiano jumped in the air with Siaka Tiene and the ball brushed his arm. Ref Stephane Lannoy let it go and then Fabiano produced either the best goal of the tournament or a moment of infamy.

First he looped the ball over Didier Zokora and then lifted it above Kolo Toure before controlling it again, seemingly with his right arm, and unleashing an unstoppable left-foot drive to make it 2-0.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...501/Brazil-3-Ivory-Coast-1.html#ixzz0rRYdRuIQ
Hmmm British well know newspaper + 45 comments only talking about handball fault (or Kaka)...
I guess i saw the right side.
 

L0ki

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 10, 2009
Messages
336
Reaction score
101
Gender
Hidden
Country
Argentina
I wonder why didn't this match end with a nice fight, it always cracks me up watching the famous brazilian fight style: hit from the back and start running.

And one of Elano's kids got her teeth broken. Baaaaw...
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Btw, what's happening in the french team is just absurd, i've never seen something like that in a worldc cup squad.
It doesn't happen often but in '98 Scifo was excluded from the team. It happened to Belgium in '98 and somewhere in the '80s (two players then) too
 

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
9,744
Reaction score
8,510
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I hope to see some nice performances today.We have Spain and Portugal.Their last games weren't really impressive,so they should show us some nice football today,if they want to make it to the 16's that is.
 

Saintz0r

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2008
Messages
1,414
Reaction score
192
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
It doesn't happen often but in '98 Scifo was excluded from the team. It happened to Belgium in '98 and somewhere in the '80s (two players then) too
I meant the players refusing to train, Evra and one of Domenech's assistant almost fighting, the players wanting to change the regular team, giving a letter to Domenech read, leakage of information, etc :XD
Pretty intense if you ask me.
And Anelka shouldn't play for France ever again, aftr what he said to the coach, if he ever comes back to the team the other players will start thinking they can do that too

Portugal x N.Korea is surprisingly nice!! THe two teams are attacking, that's good :amuse
But Ronaldo... well, he's terrible, at least till now

Quick joke:
Kaka isn't playing 100% cause 10% is for his church :XD
 
Last edited:

Xophien

Eroge Danchou
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 30, 2006
Messages
6,654
Reaction score
3,871
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
France
I meant the players refusing to train, Evra and one of Domenech's assistant almost fighting, the players wanting to change the regular team, giving a letter to Domenech read, leakage of information, etc :XD
Pretty intense if you ask me.
And Anelka shouldn't play for France ever again, aftr what he said to the coach, if he ever comes back to the team the other players will start thinking they can do that too
Anelka has never been liked here, for behaving like a moron on several occasions for the last ten years, so you'll understand that, let alone playing for the national team, he'd better not walk a french street ever again.

The players refusing to train? I know we frenchies are supposed to go on strike whenever we can, but on this one it's just acting stupid. This won't do any good to anyone, and they should have found another way of saying to the french federation they weren't happy with the way they handled the whole thing (and I'll admit the federation rushed things on the matter).

The information leakage? Same here, I'd have the jerk who did that hanged. This should have been solved internally, but whoever did that has done one hell of a mess. And in the meantime, the players who won the world cup '98 are whining that they should have their say in the management (mostly Leboeuf saying that, despite only ever been a bench player), the sports shows on tv talk about anything but sports, and Domenech's still smiling his stupid smile... I want to cry :scry
 

DanielKnoT

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 27, 2010
Messages
344
Reaction score
105
Gender
Male
Country
Venezuela
This is how a team should play Futbol!.. Portugal 7x0...

Just Amazing Portugal..!!!
 

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
9,744
Reaction score
8,510
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I want to watch the game right now!I couldn't because i was at work,but it seems as if it was an amazing game...
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
PORTUGAL, PORTUGAL, PORTUGAL!!

This is how it's done people :amuse
 

DanielKnoT

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 27, 2010
Messages
344
Reaction score
105
Gender
Male
Country
Venezuela
Ohhh, and now Brazil and Portugal this friday.. What a Match!!

Brazil without Elano and Kaka jajajaja... Portugal would end in first place in this group :D
 

Akainu

Magma♥
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 21, 2007
Messages
7,318
Reaction score
3,462
Gender
Male
Country
Bavaria
boooo FIFA, get some decent referees next time
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top