Football 2010 FIFA World Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

L0ki

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 10, 2009
Messages
336
Reaction score
101
Gender
Hidden
Country
Argentina
Messi was shit -> Argentina was shit

If we play like this against Germany we'll get raped.
 

Weapon_X

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 26, 2009
Messages
3,314
Reaction score
2,611
Gender
Male
Country
England
The England v Germany match has taught me alot of things.

1. England are ovverated. People were right it's the fucking media. Even the players are fucking overrated. We think we are the best team in the world but we ain't.
2. We have no passion for football anymore. The players are fucking overpaid, money's gone in their brains. After all, even if they loose they still get paid so why give a shit?
3. It's not the managers fault, the players are the ones playing the football. Not the mangaer.
4. We are lazy. We can't even play good football anymore, there's no confidence or anything. The team is actually shit, out defence was so whack that even my grandma could have slide tacked all of the German players

And to be fair, Germany whooped our asses. They trashed us, they deserved it. At least they are on form, their performance was great. The amount of times they found so many loopholes through the defence was just, shocking.
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
I came to realise the truth in those points stated above me a loooong time ago. :D But, anyway I agree with ya, Weapon X. When the players are at fault, the media always turn to the manager first. In this case, I don't think it was Capello's fault. I hope he wins the WC with Italy or another nation in the future. F**k all the England players in this WC. I feel sorry for those "fans" that went all the way to SA. Geez. I would be so :mad. Tickets were hella pricey as well. Germany obilerated England...more in terms of playing style and performance as oppose to the scoreline which was a disgrace in itself really.

How great was Tevez against Mexico, hey? :nuts
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,326
Reaction score
24,937
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Messi was shit -> Argentina was shit

If we play like this against Germany we'll get raped.
I don't think messi was shit but I do agree with you that the germans will beat argentina. So far Argentina has won every match they have played but in turn they had arguably the easiest group in the WC and have not actually played any of the teams which are normally considered top rated or considered to have an honest shot at the cup. So far IMO argentina has lacked structure in their overall game, it is only because they do have great players that they have someone gotten here. IMO a coach should do two things for a team. The first one is to make sure the team has structure, that the players work well together. The second one is to make proper changes through the games, find which player is not performing well and replace him with someone who could get the job done. I don't think maradona has been great at either of those.... Germany has shown they work well as a team, I don't think argentina will beat them....
 

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
14,313
Reaction score
1,730
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
Before the Argentina/Mexico match today, a 'expert' in German radio said that Argentina is actually the prefered opponent because they're easier to beat as Mexico.

He said that's because Argentina has a traditionally weak defence, is very predictable in it's structure and tactics and is very star-focussed on few specific people which means the German team knows exactly whom to keep in check and where to break through.

However he also stressed to not underestimate them. It is still a top world class team afterall. And there's always the risk that we fall back on the play level that we showed against Serbia....


@Weapon_X
Don't be so hard on your team. I think they played really well and made us sweat till the very end. It was dangerous throughall the game.

But more importantly, the whole game was very entertaining and super exciting. That's how a game should be.
 
Last edited:

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
If Messi plays at his best, even God would have a hard time beating Argentina at a game of football. :oh
 

Diadz

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 3, 2010
Messages
44
Reaction score
21
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
YES!!! 1\4 Finals, here we come!! although the yellow cards for Robben and Van Stekeleburg were .. not deserved :/

Slovakia was a great oppenent!

(if the spelling is wrong, dont blame me, blame the alchohol, PARTY PARTY!!!)
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
If Messi plays at his best, even God would have a hard time beating Argentina at a game of football. :oh
Looool nice.
Netherlands won, wasn't expecting any upsets there. Slovakia with the consolation penalty in added time. Next up Brazil vs Chile, upset? I would hope not... I need all my big teams in the next round.:darn
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
I think the Brazil x Chile will be MUCH better compared to the Portugal game. :p I definitely expect Chile to fight and counter against the Brazilians. Bielsa ain't the type of manager to give in so easily when facing such a team. I really hope the Chilien's play well against Brazil tonight. I don't want this game to be concluded in the first half like the Argentina x Mexico game.
 

DanielKnoT

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 27, 2010
Messages
344
Reaction score
105
Gender
Male
Country
Venezuela
GO CHILE!!!!! :D

PS: What a bad actitude LOL

 

thsv

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2008
Messages
280
Reaction score
35
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
The England v Germany match has taught me alot of things.

1. England are ovverated. People were right it's the fucking media. Even the players are fucking overrated. We think we are the best team in the world but we ain't.
2. We have no passion for football anymore. The players are fucking overpaid, money's gone in their brains. After all, even if they loose they still get paid so why give a shit?
3. It's not the managers fault, the players are the ones playing the football. Not the mangaer.
4. We are lazy. We can't even play good football anymore, there's no confidence or anything. The team is actually shit, out defence was so whack that even my grandma could have slide tacked all of the German players

And to be fair, Germany whooped our asses. They trashed us, they deserved it. At least they are on form, their performance was great. The amount of times they found so many loopholes through the defence was just, shocking.
The most annoying thing. Germany had struggled in their previous two games. They hadn't looked too sharp against Serbia before Klose got sent off and if Ghana's shooting hadn't failed them Germany would have been 3 down before Ozil scored. Imagine that, an African side giving Old Europe a lesson in how to hold the Germans at arms length.

I knew it was going to end in tears when Gerrard started talking about there being no excuses this time for not winning. When are England going to realise? We won a World Cup that we hosted 44 years ago. 6 countries have won the cup when they've hosted it. It's not difficult if you have a good enough side and the luck of the draw. And since then we've only managed one semi final. Hell, we've failed to qualify for 3 world cups since 66. At least the French have been able to get to a final since they won it.

It doesn't help that our club side have done well in European club football over the years. But then considering that we have the second biggest TV contract (Spain is 1st) we've been able to buy in talent that wouldn't normally have come over if we weren't waving the cash. And the only reason we've done well in the UEFA Cup is because the rest of the continent doesn't give a $%*&!!!

*sigh*

Ah well at least I 've got Ghana to fall back on.

The Dutch today, wow. They hardly broke a sweat. It was like they were saying "We're only here because FIFA said they kill our puppy if we didn't play."
 
Last edited:

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Game over, Brazil rarely worried. Brazil are looking good for it imo, I don't see many beating them. Dunga has really got them disciplined
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
So... Argentina 2x0 Mexico.
Not sure what was the most awesome moment:
Tevez goal 1m in offside or Heinze celebrating the second goal and slapping the camera who hit him :XD
The defender who gave higuain an assistence should be mentioned too
GO CHILE!!!!! :D

PS: What a bad actitude LOL

I forgot about that little incident. It was so funny at the time.. :XD

Heinze didn't waste anytime in reacting towards the cameraman hehe. I can't wait for the Argentina x Germany game. :wtf

Game over, Brazil rarely worried. Brazil are looking good for it imo, I don't see many beating them. Dunga has really got them disciplined
I was rooting for Chile but I already anticipated the obvious outcome of this match up. Brazil have yet to be tested in this WC. Alan Shearer (the useless "pundit" on BBC MOTD) keeps yapping on about how Argentina have it easy. IMHO, Brazil have cruised effortless in this WC. As I said before, if Portugal topped the Group; we would've had a completelty different WC. :)

Holland Vs. Brazil. I say 2-3.

I really hope Ghana make it to the QF's. It really is shaping up to be a Brazilian x Argentinian final. Diego > Dunga.
 

DanielKnoT

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 27, 2010
Messages
344
Reaction score
105
Gender
Male
Country
Venezuela
Well, now Brazil will be tested against Holland..!!! But I was expecting more of Chile

And now this looks like a WC :) The next games will be high-level..

Argentina - Germany
Spain - Portugal
Brazil - Holland
Uruguay - Ghana
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,326
Reaction score
24,937
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Wow.... who'd thought chile would not stand a chance against Brazi....? I did lol. Dunga definitely showed the worth of his team even though everyone in Brazil hates him. Right now I can't see many teams winning against Brazil.... Argentina won't cut it IMO... Only team I could see winning against brazil would be germany but only after a bit of trouble.
 

Pirulito

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 28, 2007
Messages
3,346
Reaction score
726
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil


Yeah, every gol from Brazil, I got a free beer. Mwahahaha!

Of course with "El Loco" Bielsa Chile didn't have a chance. Who will explain his tactics to me?

And I think Spain has more chances to win against Brasil than Germany. Actually, Spain is the only team I can see beating Brasil.

Finally, Brasil vs Holland is the romantic game for my generation. No one has forgotten 1994 & 98 - Brazil vs Holland.

Just epic to the extreme/ryohei
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,326
Reaction score
24,937
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
My only problem with Spain is that they are notorious for being completely unremarkable in WCs. They always have good teams and never do anything.... Given what we have seen in their past few matches, I don't think that is about to change. Basically, spain is inconsistent. Germany in turn, is not inconsistent, they get results and generally make it far into the WC.

Holland vs Brazil should be interesting although I don't think Holland will win. I guess this will be brazil's hardest match until now.
 

L0ki

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 10, 2009
Messages
336
Reaction score
101
Gender
Hidden
Country
Argentina
Of course with "El Loco" Bielsa Chile didn't have a chance. Who will explain his tactics to me?
I'd explain, but I doubt you would understand. This match was decided by the difference in individual quality, that's all there is to it. You hadn't really done much until that corner kick. But, oh, that's right, you only attack 3 times per game now. Brazil = zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
 

Estranho

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 4, 2008
Messages
282
Reaction score
74
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
You hadn't really done much until that corner kick. But, oh, that's right, you only attack 3 times per game now. Brazil = zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
What?! If you had said this two games ago, I would agree. But this was the best game of Brazilian team until now in this WC. Kaka finally start to run around and make the game move. Yeah, there was some mistakes in the field, like Ramires lol, but it's a problem of the team we have there now.

I'm really looking foward to a final Brazil x Argentina.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Though Ramirers is no Melo, he is good and did a good job until he got himself booked and suspended for the next game. Things are good for Brazil so far, arguably their best player in Kaka has yet to find his form and they're still winning, so looking forward to seeing if he does reach his form.

I think Spain may lose tonight, I think Portugal's defense may be too strong. I think they'll score but in the end Portugal's defense could prove the difference. I hope Torres performs and that they win.

Go Japan!!!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top