Football 2010 FIFA World Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

L0ki

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 10, 2009
Messages
336
Reaction score
101
Gender
Hidden
Country
Argentina
It could happen if we get a good coach. But... that's not very likely either.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,316
Reaction score
24,935
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
It could happen if we get a good coach. But... that's not very likely either.
Look at the bright side, you honestly cannot do worst than what you did this year.... I am sure argentina can get a decent coach if they look for one, the best in the world should be more than willing to work with the players they have....

Next world cup should be interesting, considering the poor results of the alleged big european teams there are bound to be a number of reforms in each of them in order to desperately improve... Seriously, england certainly was not on the level, italy was deplorable, france was horrible.... In SA there is a lot of work to do too... Brazil most likely will go back to the jugo bonito, argentina has a number of obvious flaws too...
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Greatest deception of my life.....

But come on, Howard Webb is not fit to referee at the minors.

For sure Holland played a rough game, but Heitinga did not deserve a red card, he only got that yellow card because Iniesta can take a dive better than a pro swimmer. Also every small foul from Holland immediately resulted in a free kick for spain while the same foul from spain did not result in a free kick for Holland, and don't even get me started on the corner kick he didn't award or the offside play which went before the goal. Howard Webb seriously blows.

I still have to admit that Spain was the better team, and they deserved the win. De Jong also deserved a red card, no question. However the referee was, so say the least, very inconsistent between the two teams!
I'm not Spanish or Dutch, so I can unequivocally say that the Oranje deserved more bookings than Spain.

As far as the corner that wasn't awarded...yes, the ball certainly went off of Fabregas and they should have had one there. However, earlier in the match, the same thing happened to the Spanish on Jesus Navas' shot on goal.

As far as Iniesta being offside, he wasn't. Saw the replay several times and he just wasn't, not even close IMO.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Who do you guys think was the best player of the tournament? Officially Forlan got the award and I think its hard to disagree as there weren't many top players that performed as he did for his team, with the exception of a few spanish players, germans and others.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Sergio Ramos won the Castrol Index for the tournament, but honestly the system is based way too much on math IMO. Yes, Ramos was one of the best defenders in the WC, but I don't think he was the best player necessarily.

You could say Forlan, Sneijder, Villa, Muller, Klose, or Iniesta and I'd find it hard to argue one was better than the other.
 

OdaForPresident

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2008
Messages
292
Reaction score
73
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
As far as Iniesta being offside, he wasn't. Saw the replay several times and he just wasn't, not even close IMO.
Iniesta wasn't offside, but the pass before that was offside. So maybe a couple of seconds before the goal. Meaning that that whole attack never should have been ok'ed.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
You mean Torres' pass? How is that offside when van der Vaart (iirc) touched it first?
 
Last edited:

sindergi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2009
Messages
684
Reaction score
151
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
I agree with xio - this was an absolute correct goal ! It would be offside if the spanish player would get the pass.

And i dont think that the Netherlands should complain about the refs. Sure he made some mistakes but not only for the disadvantage of Netherlands. Spain had also disadvantages because of the decision of the refs.

And to be honest - Netherland has a lot of luck with ref-decisions - like the foul of De Jong in the Semi-Final in the penalty box.

The conclusion is : the ref sucked, but spain was playing better so they deserved the winning.

and btw. i was rooting for netherland.
 

Pirulito

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 28, 2007
Messages
3,346
Reaction score
726
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
South Africa World Cup was to break taboos:

-For the first time, none of the big 4 was in the final.
-The birth of a new champion (Congrats, Spain)
-A european national team won a Cup outside of Europe
-And a african country as a host of the World Cup.

Paul, the octopus, Larissa Riquelme, Jabulani, Zakumi and vuvuzelas. I'll never forget these names.

Thank you, South Africa.

Now, it's our time, Brasil.
See you guys here in 2014.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSwANq8gRS8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0qQJsBL2gI&feature=related

I can hardly wait for it.


Argentina to win the 2014 WC! :smile-big BANZAI!!!!!

*Enter Brazilian football cheering chant here. :p*​


If you want a collective suicide in my country...
 

DanielKnoT

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 27, 2010
Messages
344
Reaction score
105
Gender
Male
Country
Venezuela
Well, now that the WC is over.. Back to the work!! :darn

Am Happy for Spain, but IMO they wasnt the best team this year... I think that the Netherlands and Germany were the best teams during the tournament

Regarding the referee, he was Ok... Netherlands should end the first half with 10 players (Poor Xabi Alonso), each card was well deserved..

Also, good for Forlan (Best Player), Casillas (Best Goalkepper) and Muller (Best Young Player)..

Now Europe 10 WC and South America 9.. Damn!.. :D
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Did anyone see Casillas kissing his girl on camera :D? She was embarrassed :p

Anywho, next stop Brazil 2014, I hope I can be there for that.
 

DanielKnoT

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 27, 2010
Messages
344
Reaction score
105
Gender
Male
Country
Venezuela
Did anyone see Casillas kissing his girl on camera :D? She was embarrassed :p

Anywho, next stop Brazil 2014, I hope I can be there for that.
She was his girlfriend... :p
 

Saintz0r

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2008
Messages
1,414
Reaction score
192
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Forlan being the best player is a good choice imo. He took the Celeste to a semi-final again, almost by himself and with Muslera on the goal...
Iniesta had Xavi, Puyol, Casillas, etc
Sneijder had Robben, Stekelenburg, and a few decent players too

Btw, I took a look to see if the tickets to the final were expensive and I realized that i should start saving money right now :XD Or i'll have to sell my car/kidney/soul
 

DanielKnoT

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 27, 2010
Messages
344
Reaction score
105
Gender
Male
Country
Venezuela
Btw, I took a look to see if the tickets to the final were expensive and I realized that i should start saving money right now :XD Or i'll have to sell my car/kidney/soul
How much was it??? :s Am planing to go to Brazil for that cup..!!!
 

Saintz0r

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2008
Messages
1,414
Reaction score
192
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,316
Reaction score
24,935
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
South Africa World Cup was to break taboos:

-For the first time, none of the big 4 was in the final.
-The birth of a new champion (Congrats, Spain)
-A european national team won a Cup outside of Europe
-And a african country as a host of the World Cup.

Paul, the octopus, Larissa Riquelme, Jabulani, Zakumi and vuvuzelas. I'll never forget these names.

Thank you, South Africa.

Now, it's our time, Brasil.
See you guys here in 2014.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSwANq8gRS8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0qQJsBL2gI&feature=related

I can hardly wait for it.






If you want a collective suicide in my country...
I can honestly say I dislike paul the octopus.... Not because it guessed the results but because the critter is seen as some sort of horacle.... it's like a 21th century cristal ball... And as soon as the critter guessed it results a bunch of other people started with their fortune telling animals (I remember hearing of a parrot)..... The whole situation about larrisa riquelme was overhyped a but IMO. Sure, she was to appear naked in public had paraguay made it to the semi finals and finals but it is not like
naked pictures of her cannot easily be found when you google her :hearts:nosebleed:nosebleed:nosebleed:nosebleed:nosebleed:nosebleed:nosebleed:nosebleed:nosebleed:nosebleed:nosebleed:nosebleed:nosebleed:nosebleed:nosebleed:nosebleed
. The jabulani was about as controversial as any other world cup ball... Nasa did say it had something called the knuckle effect though, perhaps it indeed was about as bad as the players said. As for the vuvuzelas, definitely the worst thing about the WC. Watching the games with those things making that foul noise in the background was unbearable.... When I go to games I am used to hearing drums, trumpets, and a number of other things which actually add rythm to what the barras bravas are singing, and it is awesome to follow that.... the vuvuselas killed that, it was an earsplitting noise which I hope is NEVER heard again in a football match.

Well, in all fairness, if there should be mass suicides in Brazil not only if argentina wins but if Brazil does not win at all... I mean, always favorite team to win the WC not winning when playing in their home? Brazil must win... On another note, I did not necessarily dislike dunga but I do hope we see a comeback for the jugo bonito the next WC. Hopefully the Ronaldinho of this decade will appear within the next few years (lets face it, the current ronadinho is going to be old by the next WC).
 

Asarii

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 2, 2010
Messages
2,927
Reaction score
1,962
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
The final was a close match with a lot of yellow cards. :p I was cheering for the Netherlands but congratulations to Spain!

Aww, I like Paul the Octopus. I know he's not an actual oracle (although the 100% is pretty impressive) so it's just the entertainment factor that amused me about him. And plus, I would rather have the media focus on an octopus rather than replaying Zidane's headbutt over and over again.

I can't wait to see what Brazil has in store in four years.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,316
Reaction score
24,935
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
I just read AFA was planning on giving maradona the coach position for yet another 4 years.... It's like they enjoy losing....
 

airjacobs

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 16, 2010
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
This is just fine anyway. What a great game to Spain. They have won the championship. They were being very attentive, disciplined and very good to games.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top