Football 2010 FIFA World Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanielKnoT

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 27, 2010
Messages
344
Reaction score
105
Gender
Male
Country
Venezuela
Well well, the octopus did it again!!!! :D

I really dont understand what happen.. That was the Germany that humiliated England and Argentina? :notrust

But, am happy for Spain and Holland... They deserve a Cup long time ago..
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,295
Reaction score
24,928
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Well well, the octopus did it again!!!! :D

I really dont understand what happen.. That was the Germany that humiliated England and Argentina? :notrust

But, am happy for Spain and Holland... They deserve a Cup long time ago..
Well, england had been doing fairly bad throughout the WC and had an important goal invalidated.... In that sense, there was not that much of an humiliation. Its not like ENgland had its regular game level and even then got defeated like that. And argentina was crap this year, everyone should have been able to see how bad the team was. Surely they got reasonably far into the world cup but it is important to consider they did so against a bunch of third rate teams who in normal conditions do not have so much of a shred of a chance of doing something in the WC. In all fairness, how bad argentina was this WC was evident even from those games it actually won. The mid field was evidently mediocre and certainly the defense was obviously about as fragile as a card castle in a hurricane. In that sense, Germany´s overwhelming victory over the two was purely circumstantial... Argentina outright sucked from the begining, maradona slowly but surely trashed the team. Germany winning over argentina like that was not so much of a feat, it was the expected victory of a good team over a mediocre one at best. Even though Spain had not been all that well, they were not all that bad either. If england and argentina had played at a level even remotely close to what we should normaly expect then I would have been a lot more surprised about germany´s defeat in the hands of spain (I still wanted germany to win though).

On another note, now I do hope spain wins the WC! SPAIN FTW!
 

Smerten

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
May 25, 2010
Messages
254
Reaction score
186
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
Hmmm... Most people seem to support Spain, thinking they will win. Nothing new. The Dutch are always the underdog. We were the underdog in the match against Brazil.
All I can say is, we fit that role well and we tend to surprise others. Heres hoping for the world cup. ;)
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
if only both Spain and Holland could win XD. Two under achievers who never lifted the trophy but always had good teams...
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Apparently the octopus has been getting death threats; in form of recipes lol. His latest prediction was shown live on tv, Paul the octopus may be getting his own sitcom soon(!) :p
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Forget the stupid octopus.

GO URUGUAY!...and Spain. :shakefist (:XD)

So which goal(s) do you guys think were awesome in this WC? BBC have already started their "Goals of the Tournament "competition. I loved the goal Tevez scored against Mexico; what a beauty that was hey!? xD
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,295
Reaction score
24,928
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
As I was watching the germany game last week I actually was having some octopus ceviche.... wonder if that actually was bad karma for germany lol.
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
go URUGUAY!!! sorry German y XD
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Go Uruguay, I want them to win so badly, just because Germany beat Argentina :p I dont care about England XD
 

Saintz0r

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2008
Messages
1,414
Reaction score
192
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
And Paul got one more result right... but that foul in the last minute by Forlan deserved to go in!
A very good game anyway
 

msg

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 12, 2008
Messages
172
Reaction score
36
Gender
Hidden
Country
Singapore
bwahahaha...still doubting paul?Unbelievers thou shalt be smite and punished, Paul the Almighty has spoken.lol.....GO Go Go Paul!
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,295
Reaction score
24,928
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Even though I did want germany to win, I can't help but hate the stupid octopus. The freaking spineless animal is about to get his own religion.... Only thing that actually annoys me more than the octopus are the treehuggers that want to set it free even though it is common knowledge captive animals can't make it in the wilderness... I hope someone eats the damn octopus....
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
TA-KO-YAKI!
TA-KO-YAKI!
TA-KO-YAKI!

Anyway, the game was enjoyable. Much more than i thought it would be. Btw, anyone know why klose did not play?
 

Pirulito

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 28, 2007
Messages
3,346
Reaction score
726
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Klose is injuried. Something on his back
 

After_Image

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 27, 2009
Messages
1,657
Reaction score
2,855
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'm somewhat curious to see how many of these
we are going to see in the final game and if we might even see any of these
. Either way I know it's going to be a must watch.
 

Jorge D. Dragon

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 13, 2010
Messages
4,484
Reaction score
987
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
I'm really dissapointed that Kloze was injured and couldn't take part in yesterday's match. I wanted him to equal Ronaldo or even to beat his record. It will be good for the upcoming FIFA World Cups, because it will make other players seek scoring more goals to beat new record.
I'm really waiting for the upcoming final. Though I'm not a fan of a particular team I want a good game. Though I fear that it would be close game. I want as many goals as possible, but unfortunately both teams now doesn't play their best attacking futbol.
But let's hope for the best.;)

Good luck spanish fans. Que tengais suerte!
Good luck dutch fans.
 

Diadz

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 3, 2010
Messages
44
Reaction score
21
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
heeeeere we GOO!!! (h) GO HOLLAND!!!
 

CBlitz

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 23, 2008
Messages
4,011
Reaction score
2,167
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
ugh

this final was awful. I don't even care about which team wins anymore, they played like a bunch of amateurs
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top