Football 2010 FIFA World Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
I want Spain in the final but I think the Germans may break our hearts, since they've done it to the English and Argentinians; with the english it was expected but the Argentina defeat was very left field.

I still haven't seen Gio's goal from last night so I'll jump to that, but I heard Holland weren't that good last night and may be a bit fortunate to be in the final. I certainly think they haven't been playing their best football and if they wanna beat eaither Germany or Spain they will have to.
 

Smerten

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
May 25, 2010
Messages
254
Reaction score
186
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
Whoo, the whole country went crazy. But what a bloody annoying referee. At the end of the first half the Netherlands were attacking and halfway through the ref blew his whistle. And at the end he happily let the game go on for two extra minutes WTF. Not to mention his undeniable natural talent for getting in the way -_-
Seriously, the Dutch get no love from the referees this WC.

And I bet a lot of my people hope to demolish Germany in the finals out of revenge. On the other hand if we lose again it will be excruciating.
I don't care, I want us to win for once. :P
 

Xophien

Eroge Danchou
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 30, 2006
Messages
6,654
Reaction score
3,871
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
France
I still haven't seen Gio's goal from last night so I'll jump to that, but I heard Holland weren't that good last night and may be a bit fortunate to be in the final. I certainly think they haven't been playing their best football and if they wanna beat eaither Germany or Spain they will have to.
Holland has shed the beautiful football in exchange of brutal efficiency. You don't win 5 games by a single goal in a row with simply luck, they've learned of their past mistakes, and came to win this cup, not to entertain the fans. In that respect, I think that right now they ARE playing their best football. It's not pretty, not really entertaining (besides for the drama) and definitely not looking like how the dutch team used to play, but at the very least, it got them here. And most of us would love for our teams to be at the same place right now :oh


Whoo, the whole country went crazy. But what a bloody annoying referee. At the end of the first half the Netherlands were attacking and halfway through the ref blew his whistle. And at the end he happily let the game go on for two extra minutes WTF. Not to mention his undeniable natural talent for getting in the way -_-
The two extra minutes is almost the time Van Bommel took to recover after the wind had gently pushed him down or something >.> I'll agree that the timing he chose to end the first half with made me wtf a little, though

Seriously, the Dutch get no love from the referees this WC.
I'm guessing you reap what you sow. Anything Van Bommel does looks like it could be a foul and anything Robben gets done to him as well. Who'd want to be the referee in a game with those two, honestly... :p
 
Last edited:

Lord Rayleigh

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 20, 2008
Messages
3,134
Reaction score
4,272
Gender
Male
Country
France
I would have liked a Uruguay versus Germany. Seriously, who loves the Dutch Team ?
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,295
Reaction score
24,928
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
GO GERMANY! We are all eating octopus tonight!
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
This is the year of the under achievers. Spain vs Holland finals!
 

Saintz0r

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2008
Messages
1,414
Reaction score
192
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Man... what a game this Uruguai x Netherlands! Awesome! Even more cause there was a dutch in the bar I was watching the game :XD And since everyone else was cheering for Uruguai he became the center of attention pretty soon :p

I'd bet in Germany today without a second thought, but Paul the octopus said it'll be Spain, so...
 

After_Image

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 27, 2009
Messages
1,657
Reaction score
2,855
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United States
:confetti
SPAIN WINS!!!!
:confetti​

Now off to the Finals... :XD
 

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
9,744
Reaction score
8,510
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Spain,Spain,Spain!


The final is going to be awesome.Just as i wanted it,two teams trying to get their first title.
 

destiny4ever

MH's Most Friendly Member
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 30, 2008
Messages
5,568
Reaction score
6,349
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I was hoping for Spain to win the game but I was actually expecting for Germany to win. But I’m so glad I was wrong and Paul, the octopus, was right!!!

Spain goes to the final!! Siiiiii!!! Viva España!!


Now the Netherlands vs. Spain….I’m looking forward to that game and I hope it is an amazing game, worthy of a final.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom


Bye Bye Germs! :p

No but 1st half, Germany looked the more dangerous of the 2, despite all of Spain's posession, it looked as if they had a clear chance they'd win. 2nd half Spain were all over it and if wasn't for Pedro's selfishness they woulda won 2-0, but understanble that he wanted to be a hero.
 

msg

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 12, 2008
Messages
172
Reaction score
36
Gender
Hidden
Country
Singapore
...just got one thing to say - Love ya Paul :pmg:hearts
 

Evil3ye

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
7,276
Reaction score
28,464
Country
Fun Forum
Fuck you Spain, why did you do that to me


mhh but no jk, they deserved it. They were clearly dominating from the very start. I'm outta here, good luck for the final w/e
 

Ero-Sanji

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 25, 2009
Messages
3,195
Reaction score
2,554
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
And Germany is out!!!!!!

You should've listen to your octopus, I'm a devout follower of him and you should as well, hehe:p

As for now I like both teams and I like that both of 'em hasn't won before so as the old saying goes - May the best man(team) win!:amuse
 

Pirulito

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 28, 2007
Messages
3,346
Reaction score
726
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
A fresh new champion will be born.

I didn't watch the game today, but poor Germany... they were the best football in this Cup by far, in my opinion.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,295
Reaction score
24,928
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
DAMN YOU PAUL THE OCTOPUS! Germany shall have its revenge and have you for dinner!
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
^ lol.

I hope Spain goes on to win the final now against Holland. European champions and world champions. :nod I hope Uruguay beat Germany for the 3rd place lol.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
I hope so too, that would be the ultimate kick in the nuts; that they couldn't even get 3rd place after all that :D
 

Xophien

Eroge Danchou
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 30, 2006
Messages
6,654
Reaction score
3,871
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
France
I hope so too, that would be the ultimate kick in the nuts; that they couldn't even get 3rd place after all that :D
Honestly I don't think they would even care >.>; A third place might be a good thing for Uruguay, since nobody expected them to go that far, but for Germany who was probably the favorite for the win after they crushed Argentina, a third or fourth place are still both a loser's place :oh
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
I sometimes wonder why they have a match for 3rd place, it's like trying to find out who's less of a loser. They're both losers!!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top