Meh, I don't think we're going to advance. We only have 3 full days of rest (1 less than Germany) after playing in Manaus, and we all saw how England and Italy performed in their matches following playing in that fucking hothouse.
99.7%Well thanks to that Germany is in the next round. Like 90%. Portugal and Ghana have to pray.

Ghana screwed us over pretty bad against Germany.Meh, I don't think we're going to advance. We only have 3 full days of rest (1 less than Germany) after playing in Manaus, and we all saw how England and Italy performed in their matches following playing in that fucking hothouse.
What are the odds of you guys winning the cup? Real talk.
All the US needs to advance is a Portugal - Ghana draw. That's the ideal scenario. Ghana hasn't won yet, let alone scored enough to overcome a 2 goal margin. It is a possibility that can't be ignored, if the US can't draw. That's my primary worry. I have little hope for actually beating or drawing against Germany. Portugal is pretty much screwed.What are the odds of you guys winning the cup? Real talk.
If you lose and Ghana wins, one of these matches by a 2 goals margin, you're out. Portugal has to destroy Ghana on the other hand, lol.
Well, yes. We're not a soccer playing country. Placing in the knockout round would be a victory.Found it... 1 % (like Costa Rica and Ivory Coast), the 9th highest.
Why invoke "real talk"...? None of us thinks we're going to win, but to make it into the knockout round 2 WCs in a row would be nice. Especially in a WC that has been as memorable and entertaining as this one.What are the odds of you guys winning the cup? Real talk.
)Pursue? What does this mean exactly? Elaborate plsThis World Cup turned out to be a tournament to see who pursues Brazil more. Shameful.
Just in case you thought I was shitting on you... but apparently it only made it worseWhy invoke "real talk"...?

I agree. It's an even bigger feat considering the group you have.None of us thinks we're going to win, but to make it into the knockout round 2 WCs in a row would be nice. Especially in a WC that has been as memorable and entertaining as this one.
Coches out there don't lose the opportunity to talk about our team, provoke and stuff.Pursue? What does this mean exactly? Elaborate pls
Just because us 'Muricans are in here enjoying the matches and especially when we play well, we get shit on?Just in case you thought I was shitting on you... but apparently it only made it worse
I agree. It's an even bigger feat considering the group you have.


The WC is in Brazil. They get hype that they wouldn't receive if it wasn't for that fact. Plus, it's the media's job to ask these kind of questions for that exact reason, it's up to the coach whether he gives people anything to write/talk about. That isn't "shameful", it's how sports have always been.Coches out there don't lose the opportunity to talk about our team, provoke and stuff.
This very thread is an example too.
I don't remember they pursuing Germany in 2006 like that.The WC is in Brazil. They get hype that they wouldn't receive if it wasn't for that fact. Plus, it's the media's job to ask these kind of questions for that exact reason, it's up to the coach whether he gives people anything to write/talk about. That isn't "shameful", it's how sports have always been.

I'll just reiterate that there wouldn't be the same level of noise about Brazil if it wasn't hosted there. That doesn't mean they're a bad team, hype can be a disservice to a team as well.I don't remember they pursuing Germany in 2006 like that.
Well, be the best soccer team has its pros and cons I suppose.
Note: "best" here means the one that has more titles and best perfomance in WCs. Before making a ruckus at this.![]()
There are 2 ways for this to happen:Well, it would require Cameroon to crush Brazil, which isn't going to happen, but mathematically could.
I want to believe