Football 2014 FIFA World Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Agüero is out of the World Cup because of contusion. :cookiehand
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,107
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
It's yet to be confirmed, but that's expected yeah. It's not a contusion... he teared (strained? I dunno) his left thigh.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
It's yet to be confirmed, but that's expected yeah. It's not a contusion... he teared (strained? I dunno) his left thigh.
The news here used Clarín as source. I think it's already confirmed.

---------- Post added at 11:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 AM ----------

USA and Germany will play under heavy rain most likely.
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,107
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
The news here used Clarín as source. I think it's already confirmed.

---------- Post added at 11:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 AM ----------

USA and Germany will play under heavy rain most likely.
Clarín lies :arf

No, as I said, it's very (very very) likely, but it's yet to be confirmed by the National team.
 

TheMoa

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 25, 2010
Messages
3,380
Reaction score
2,195
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
He can't even train? that makes no sense... be banned from stadiums and games is all right, but from trainning with the team?
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,107
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
He can't even train? that makes no sense... be banned from stadiums and games is all right, but from trainning with the team?
¨The player Luis Suárez is banned from taking part in any kind of football-related activity (administrative, sports or any other) for a period of four (4) months in accordance with art. 22 of the FDC.¨

Fck him man.
 

FrostyMouse

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2011
Messages
7,395
Reaction score
1,302
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
So, the World Cup and the Copa America, plus the next four months of football. I think it should be until at least January 1st, 2015, but I'm not FIFA. I'm just happy that they banned him.
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,107
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
So, the World Cup and the Copa America, plus the next four months of football. I think it should be until at least January 1st, 2015, but I'm not FIFA. I'm just happy that they banned him.
¨The player Luis Suárez is to be suspended for nine (9) official matches. The first match of this suspension is to be served in the upcoming FIFA World Cup™ fixture between Colombia and Uruguay on 28 June 2014. The remaining match suspensions shall be served in Uruguay’s next FIFA World Cup match(es), as long as the team qualifies, and/or in the representative team’s subsequent official matches in accordance with art. ¨

Just WCs (which is worse actually).

...people don't read me :emocat
 

Akainu

Magma♥
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 21, 2007
Messages
7,318
Reaction score
3,462
Gender
Male
Country
Bavaria
It's good that they acted after what he did.
It's bad that they didn't act on the many other cases though. There's little to no difference, just biting seems more spectacular?
 

FrostyMouse

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2011
Messages
7,395
Reaction score
1,302
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
¨The player Luis Suárez is to be suspended for nine (9) official matches. The first match of this suspension is to be served in the upcoming FIFA World Cup™ fixture between Colombia and Uruguay on 28 June 2014. The remaining match suspensions shall be served in Uruguay’s next FIFA World Cup match(es), as long as the team qualifies, and/or in the representative team’s subsequent official matches in accordance with art. ¨

Just WCs (which is worse actually).

...people don't read me :emocat
Yeah, except there's the part that talks about next official matches. The ESPN commentators (including Ballack and everyone) who were telling Americans about it said that it would end up causing him to miss the Copa America, which I assumed would end up taking the place of the next WC (or multiple WCs). Although, if Uruguay don't get anywhere in the Copa America, he'd still miss the next WC.

---------- Post added at 11:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 AM ----------

It's good that they acted after what he did.
It's bad that they didn't act on the many other cases though. There's little to no difference, just biting seems more spectacular?
I still don't understand how a player can get sent off for spitting at someone, but a ref misses something obvious like a bite.

Yeah, more players should get banned for their actions. I think Hazard only got three matches for kicking the ball boy, but we all know that Hazard didn't actually kick the ball boy and that the "ball boy" (come on, he was 17) had written on Twitter before the match that he was going to cause a scene at the match.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Germany is using the worst uniform of the cup. :teehee
 

Saintz0r

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2008
Messages
1,414
Reaction score
192
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Germany is using the worst uniform of the cup. :teehee
You meant the better, Leo O0

Anyway, supposedly the qualifyings for the next WC should count as part of the 9 games that Suarez won't play

I think that's fair, missing 2 WCs would be too much and the four month ban will screw him enough already
 

TheMoa

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 25, 2010
Messages
3,380
Reaction score
2,195
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
¨The player Luis Suárez is banned from taking part in any kind of football-related activity (administrative, sports or any other) for a period of four (4) months in accordance with art. 22 of the FDC.¨

Fck him man.
I did read it man... I'm just saying that not be able to train with a team makes no sense for me. Be banned from games and official events is all right, but from trainning?
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,107
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
I did read it man... I'm just saying that not be able to train with a team makes no sense for me. Be banned from games and official events is all right, but from trainning?
What if he bites them? :derp

Well, it's a punishment after all...

D:

Anyway, supposedly the qualifyings for the next WC should count as part of the 9 games that Suarez won't play

I think that's fair, missing 2 WCs would be too much and the four month ban will screw him enough already
Eh, I dunno, I just copied and pasted it from FIFA's site, lol. I think it's not even completely official yet anyway.
 

zelllogan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2005
Messages
2,205
Reaction score
1,001
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
I would gave 1000 dollars to the man who will switch the national anthem from Uruguay to "Another one bites the dust" from Queen in their next game.
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,756
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Well we won and basically did what we had to do... We need our strength for Belgium, Algeria or Russia.
Congratulations my north-american friends!
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi


USA!USA!USA!USA!USA!USA!USA!USA!USA!USA!USA!USA!USA!USA!USA!USA!USA!USA!USA!USA!USA!USA!USA!USA!USA!USA!
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Congratulations Americans. You guys are friendly so it will be a great time have you guys here for more time. :celebrate
 

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 22, 2012
Messages
5,762
Reaction score
1,701
Gender
Male
Country
The Wall
Cristiano Ronaldo taketh away, then Cristiano Ronaldo giveth.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top