Football 2014 FIFA World Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,107
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Missed the matches, was travelling and sleeping. Watched the first half of Colombia - Uruguay tho, nice to see that football won in that match :D

I think if you guys play like this vs Colombia you are going to have a really tough time. Colombia's is such a good team ... kinda sad that their best player couldn't make it.
Colombia has definitely everything to beat you, so if you don't play great i doubt you will make it!

James Rodriguez <3
I've been praising both for a while now, meanwhile everyone was riding Belgium's dick. Colombia ftw.

In fact last week I said that James has been one of the best players of the WC, lol.

I will not because it is a lie.


This is shoulder (or even chest) anywhere in the World. It is everything but hand, arm or wtv.

Well, we won. The referre will not take it from us.
That image is paused at the wrong moment. It's clearly visible that he hits it with his arm.

Felipão expressed his concern with the refereeing in his interview, they are overlooking fouls, not giving yellow card when they should, falling into Brazil's adversary complain (it was what happened in Hulk's goal IMO) and so on because of the pressure made by the adversary before the match. It's worrisome, but I rely on my team. We're going to do our game regardless childish complains of our adversaries or not.

This is my last post about refereeing in this thread.
Scolari is an asshole. He also said that Fred's play in the first match was a clear penalty, the fcker always complains about the refs.

It's like saying ¨Tabarez said the press is bullying Suarez, Lugano said nothing happenned and that Chiellini had that mark before, and Suarez said he fell on Chiellini... so clearly, he's innocent, because they say so¨. Yes all that dumb stuff was said btw.

As I promised, I'm not gonna answer the posts above. Let's all be friends with you guys myopia and my knowledge of anatomy (whichs lacks in you guys). :fan
I thought you were the one with myopia?
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Hardy finally made his appearance, I was surprised with his silence all day. :XD

Since we won, let's suppose it didn't happen. I hope it doesn't happen again though. I see Columbia as team that doesn't play with the referee, so it will be a better match, hopefully.
Maracanazo ghost was removed forever of our lives now... :nod

Do you guys think that if Suárez were in the match, it could have been different?
 
Last edited:

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,107
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Not really tbh, but I only watched the first half as I said.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Not really tbh, but I only watched the first half as I said.
The first and second half didn't have many differences between them, so not really indeed.
 
Last edited:

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,756
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Funny how Brazil fans say everytime that their team will play better in the next match... Brazil stayed on the same level.Had trouble even with weak teams. Chile made many stupid mistakes and Brazil was still not able to do anything, wasn't even able to dominate the match.
At least the match is officially a draw. Too bad Chile can't gain anything from that. Pinilla probably can't sleep tonight.

Colombia was outstanding as I said and James is the star of the cup. I do believe that they aren't ready for the trophy yet, but in the near future? It is possible.

Netherlands vs Mexico will be really interesting to watch. If this wc was in europe, Netherlands would win hands down but South America is special. Mexico has shown that they have a strong team.

Costa Rica vs Greece... I'll expect next to nothing. Both teams don't care for the offense and rely on counter attacks... So I kinda expect another POS.

PS: How can anyone even say that Hulk didn't use his arm? This is ridiculous. Even fanboying should have limits.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Funny how Brazil fans say everytime that their team will play better in the next match... Brazil stayed on the same level.Had trouble even with weak teams. Chile made many stupid mistakes and Brazil was still not able to do anything, wasn't even able to dominate the match.
At least the match is officially a draw. Too bad Chile can't gain anything from that. Pinilla probably can't sleep tonight.

Colombia was outstanding as I said and James is the star of the cup. I do believe that they aren't ready for the trophy yet, but in the near future? It is possible.

Netherlands vs Mexico will be really interesting to watch. If this wc was in europe, Netherlands would win hands down but South America is special. Mexico has shown that they have a strong team.

Costa Rica vs Greece... I'll expect next to nothing. Both teams don't care for the offense and rely on counter attacks... So I kinda expect another POS.
Develop the bold part.
Croatia: Everybody here said that it was strong and would win against us. One of them was you, I'm confuse.
Mexico: The bold part contradicts the underlined part.
Cameroon: I agree they're weak, that's why we win by 4-1 with some ease.
Chile: No comments. I'd like to see your almighty Germnay playing against them.

We had to play like we played in the Conf. Cup, we haven't found that intensity and good soccer yet, unfortunately. However, we fans know that it is possible because we already saw that. lol
That's why we believe that our team can improve. I am a fan, I have to support and believe in my team in all kinds of moments, not only when it is playing well.

I believe that Costa Rica and Greece will make a more offensive match this time because they are somewhat in the same level. They have more safety to play more offensive against each other than against teams they know have more quality than them. That's my opinion, I do think it will not be a boring match.
 
Last edited:

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,756
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I am not only talking about the wc. I'm talking about the whole year. And cameroon is a weak team and you still had trouble to do something. Only when they started to fall apart, you scored goals. Similar match was Serbia.
For the other teams. Croatia was the better team against you. You were on the same level as Mexico. And Chile was the better team too. You advance because you are rather lucky and as I said you didn't win against Chile. It was a draw.

We won against Chile 1:0 in March. They had no chance whatsoever. Is that what you wanted to know?

And now something else. Almighty Germany? Never did I refer to my team as almighty. Not even once since 2008 did I believe that me might win the title. Stop putting words in my mouth.
I don't know if you just act butthurt because Germany is the most successful wc team with the most played matches (if we disregard titles, just like niichan said) and not your beloved Brazil. [With your logic, we are the most traditional wc team... :derp]
2006, next to nobody thought that we would even survive the group stage. The team was in a terrible condition. Especially after yet another devestating european cup. We are far from almighty. We have a pretty much injured squad. The best german players are not even close to 100%.
In Brazil everbyody just screams title because it is the only thing that would lift the spirits after the financial fallout that the country brought upon itself after deciding to host the damn thing in the first place.

You still don't get that Confed Cup means nothing... Well not that it matters anymore.

Greece will NEVER play football with focus on offensive. Why should they suddenly start to do so? Same goes for Costa Rica. Playing offensive is not something you decide because your opponent has the "same level".
Greece shouldn't even be in this round.
 
Last edited:

Gats

The Green Knight
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2008
Messages
6,426
Reaction score
3,487
Gender
Male
Country
France
I didn't watch all the matches so I don't know how well the little south-american countries team played. However I can't help but feel that the weather is favoring them significantly. Europeans (not only them) are not used to play in such heavy wet heat (at least those who played during the beginning of afternoon), which would add a significant stone to the underwhelming performance of the european teams ?

I guess my statement has its limits considering that some players from South America were playing in european clubs but still, and I don't know the proportion.

On a sidenote I know that the French team was pretty lucky with the match hour until now. But Monday's weather and playing earlier will be harsh on their performance I think, like it has been to several others.
 

MiyamotoMusashi

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 5, 2012
Messages
3,706
Reaction score
2,315
Gender
Hidden
Country
Marine Headquarters
Hmm, Gustavo is out with 2 yellow cards while Neymar might be injured for the match against Colombia, and then this of course, looking forward to it



 

jorped

The True Ninja
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 20, 2010
Messages
6,139
Reaction score
4,703
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal


This dog is awesome! I want him :XD
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I am not only talking about the wc. I'm talking about the whole year. And cameroon is a weak team and you still had trouble to do something. Only when they started to fall apart, you scored goals. Similar match was Serbia.
For the other teams. Croatia was the better team against you. You were on the same level as Mexico. And Chile was the better team too. You advance because you are rather lucky and as I said you didn't win against Chile. It was a draw.

We won against Chile 1:0 in March. They had no chance whatsoever. Is that what you wanted to know?

And now something else. Almighty Germany? Never did I refer to my team as almighty. Not even once since 2008 did I believe that me might win the title. Stop putting words in my mouth.
I don't know if you just act butthurt because Germany is the most successful wc team with the most played matches (if we disregard titles, just like niichan said) and not your beloved Brazil. [With your logic, we are the most traditional wc team... :derp]
2006, next to nobody thought that we would even survive the group stage. The team was in a terrible condition. Especially after yet another devestating european cup. We are far from almighty. We have a pretty much injured squad. The best german players are not even close to 100%.
In Brazil everbyody just screams title because it is the only thing that would lift the spirits after the financial fallout that the country brought upon itself after deciding to host the damn thing in the first place.

You still don't get that Confed Cup means nothing... Well not that it matters anymore.

Greece will NEVER play football with focus on offensive. Why should they suddenly start to do so? Same goes for Costa Rica. Playing offensive is not something you decide because your opponent has the "same level".
Greece shouldn't even be in this round.
I have my doubts with this "trouble" in the previous matches before WC since I don't remember much besides Serbia match. Both Serbia and Croatia were very similar: we attacking and they defending, not far from it the entire match. Mexico was hard as I pointed out since the beginning. If it were Ochoa, we would have won though, we were much dangerous. We suffered against Cameroon? pff We didn't play well, but they also couldn't do what they want. Hold the opponent although you're bad in the match is a good quality as well since you don't expect to be inspired every day.
Draw because they played in heavy defense almost the entire match (principally in the overtime when we pressured more) and because the referee stopped the match at each 10 seconds. There were the penalty and the goal mistakably nullified....

You didn't say that, but your attitudes say for you. No comments about the rest, let's meet in the semifinals.

I will not saying that Conf. Cup means something or not, I'm just saying that our best way of playing was that.
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,756
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
My attitude...? Wtf? I talk about football from an objective point of view unlike you.

You are the brazil fanboy. I am not a Germany fanboy. I am realistic enough to judge my teams prowess.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I didn't watch all the matches so I don't know how well the little south-american countries team played. However I can't help but feel that the weather is favoring them significantly. Europeans (not only them) are not used to play in such heavy wet heat (at least those who played during the beginning of afternoon), which would add a significant stone to the underwhelming performance of the european teams ?

I guess my statement has its limits considering that some players from South America were playing in european clubs but still, and I don't know the proportion.

On a sidenote I know that the French team was pretty lucky with the match hour until now. But Monday's weather and playing earlier will be harsh on their performance I think, like it has been to several others.
All of them deserved the qualification. Also, the best team until now, aka Netherlands, is European.
Heavy heat we'll see in Qatar. Our weather has been kinda light until now.

Very limited indeed, most of them play in Europe.
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,107
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
The weather barely has anything to do with it, most players play in Europe and the team who could had been benefited the most by the weather is out (Ecuador).

he best team until now, aka Netherlands, is European.
...confirmed by who?
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,756
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
All of them deserved the qualification. Also, the best team until now, aka Netherlands, is European.
Heavy heat we'll see in Qatar. Our weather has been kinda light until now.

Very limited indeed, most of them play in Europe.
The best team until now is colombia. I don't know which wc you are watching.
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,107
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Oh, and I think I've won this bracket thing already btw. Nuno is first but he has Spain and Portugal, then everyone behind me has the same ¨mistake¨ or has almost the same as me ( Saintz0r ).
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Hmm, Gustavo is out with 2 yellow cards while Neymar might be injured for the match against Colombia, and then this of course, looking forward to it
Everybody want to win upon Brazil or watch us losing. Being 5 times champion and the most victorious team is a burden. :XD
We have good players to substitute Luis Gustavo, but Neymar is worrisome since he can't be substituted. It is an injure made by a blow in his thigh, but it will be recovered by Friday, hopefully.
Don't expect that they will have as much space as they had against Greece, Ivory Coast, Japan and Uruguay.

Since past year we knew that Chile's style wasn't favorable for us, at point that among Spain, Netherlands and Chile, Felipão said he didn't want to play against Chile. XD
Columbia has a style more favorable for us. Even so, we had to give our all indeed.
 
Last edited:

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,756
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
A burden...? You didn't win anything in the last 8 years. You weren't even in the top4 .
 

ibra87

天のデンマーク語
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 18, 2006
Messages
6,110
Reaction score
1,288
Country
Denmark
A burden...? You didn't win anything in the last 8 years. You weren't even in the top4 .
Before even reading your name, I knew this would come from a German...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top