228 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

partlink1

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
i did the first 7 pages and this is my first time with photoshop so tell me what you think

Leen

MH's Peacemaker
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
The colorings are solid. You still have rooms for improvement though. Not bad for a first time.

I do like to make a few comments.
1. Fill up everything, except maybe the wordings. Color everything. Dont leave them black or white. I can see that you dont color Rukia's hair and you dont color the white door. Even if it is white, you still have to shade some light grey on it.
2. Shadings are important in colorings. Do try your best to shade. I am recommending the smudge tool. You will find it very practical. Use it well on the clothes and skins. Do try to add in more colors into the coloring to make it more interesting.
3. If the page is grainy, clean it before you color it to get the maximun effect out of it. A few panels are quite grainy (which is why I seldom color Bleach) so its better to clean it first. Erase them carefully and re-draw lines that were gone.
4. Keep practising. Its better to do 1 wonderful coloring than to do 7 decent ones. Do spend more time on small details.

You will only get better. Keep it up. :thumbs Any questions, just ask.

partlink1

Reaction score
hey is this any better?

I spent like an hour on this blew up the thing to 2500 pixels

so what you think about this

dedal_x

Intl Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Ukraine
Too plain - no shading at all. That's pretty bad, man. You need to learn shading.

And color palette is messed a little. Orihime's hair should be red, and Hiyori's - super-blond. Inoue's jacket should be light-brown.

partlink1

Reaction score
quick question

how do you shade
I haven't had photoshop for even a week so no idea

and have we even seen hiyori yet in anime.

dedal_x

Intl Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Ukraine
There are a lot of tutorials on the net. Try zarosaki.com

And we've seen all the Visored colored by Kubo in chapter 218, page 2, so we don't need to see them in the anime to know their colors.