[262] Rukia - single panel | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

[262] Rukia - single panel

Nodachi216

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Wanted to try my hand at this! Although it doesn't hold a candle to some of the stuff around here I thought I'd post it anyway. Crits and comments (especially crits, I want to improve) welcome. :)

Silhouette

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
New Zealand
Hi Nodachi216

It's not really criticism but more like suggestions and hopefully you will find this useful:

1-choose better base colours for Rukia's face and hair (green isn't the best colour for the reflection on the hair)

2- when you shade the face, choose a colour that is darker than the base and blend it with the base by adjusting the capacity of your brush (you can use blur tool as well). Also use a lighter colour than the base to add a bit of definition to the nose and lips.

3- you can always add some shading to the clothes by using the method in number 2 above

4- the eyes white can be shaded too

I have done some quick touch ups to your pic to show how the suggestions above can improve the colouring a bit \/

Good to have you on the bleach art forum and hope to see more of your work in the future :amuse

Nodachi216

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Oh god yeah, what you did made a huge difference! Mine looks so... flat. Thank you very much, I'll try to incorporate your advice in the future. :)

Last edited:

bax

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
No worries Nodachi :amuse

Keep on practicing and coloring, you have the talents :kkthumbs