Archived - 5 Things I Want For Christmas That Money Can't Buy | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Archived 5 Things I Want For Christmas That Money Can't Buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leen

MH's Peacemaker
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Christmas is just around the corner. People are all in the celebrative mood in celebrating this awesome celebration. In the midst of all the joy, why not we take a moment to think of 5 things that you might want or want for Christmas that money can't buy? Feel free to elaborate on them too. Here's my list.

1. More blessings from God
I've been very blessed this year to earn myself not one, but two scholarships to continue my studies in the states. Other than that, my brother is doing well in his university and there's nothing bad happening to my family and such. My education is not too bad with some minor hiccups here and there. I have decent relationship with my housemates and I have found some really nice people in church as well. Same goes to a few new friends that I meet in my college. Then again, human can never be pleased with one or two things. When you give them an apple, they will ask for two apples in return. Well, I might just be one of them. XD More blessings from God is definitely something great for Christmas.

2. More love from my family to me and vice versa
English idiom mentions "Distance makes the heart grows fonder." I've been away from my family for quite some time now. Too bad, we are in a globalized world where distance is no longer a barrier for communication. The proliferation of cellphones and computers make communication so much easier than before. Nonetheless, there's always some setbacks to all these technological-savvy world. Everyone can call everyone easily. There's no more romance left in this world, no more poetic-written letters, or heart-warming cards from family. Yada yada yada. Actually, all I'm saying is that I have TOO much communication with my mother that it no longer becomes a communication. It becomes "daily report". I dislike "daily report". If Santa would grant me this wish, I wished that my mother wouldn't call me that often and that she would leave me alone for sometime so that I would love her more and at the same time, she would learn to love me by feeling, not just by calling me and saying hi to me, like a routine.

3. Clean air
This is one of the most difficult wish to come true. I just need more clean air for my own sake. The air in my college area is choking. It's filled with haze 24/7 and there's barely any white cloud in the morning nor any shining stars at night. There's nothing; just plain blue sky in the morning and black sky at night. The sky becomes so monochromatic and lifeless, something I hate since I enjoy the beauty of nature.

4. A better brain
Ahah, here's something I would really like for Christmas. I just wish that I have the knowledge of Einstein, the courage of Mahatma Gandhi, and the wisdom of Dalai Lama. XD It would be so great if I'm smart, intelligent and wise at the same time at a young age. I can use my brain wisely to help the people in this world to achieve a better world.

5. A better country
My country, my country............ It's a hopeless case. You either fight or flight. For me, I choose flight. Even though it's pretty unethical to just "flight" after everything your country have done for you, I only see bleak future in my country. If Santa only hears my cry......................... I want my country to be a better place..... :s

What about you? Anything you want for Christmas that money can't buy? ;)

rabb

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
5 or ten things? make up your mind!

1) my family to have peace
Im the peace keeper of my family, i keep them from each other's throats, but when they arnt after each other, they look down upon me, and push me to fight them (which can be hard to resist, but i do. most of the time). my siblings are spread out over 3000 miles, and i have no contact at all with two of them, and have no idea where they are. recently my mother biggest problem child got a lot better, but the rest of my family still looks down on her, so im constantly defending her, and taking heat for it. so just for one week, id like them to all sit down and shut. (its tough being the youngest and most mature at the same time :p)

2) the continued (or improved) health of my grandfather.
he is in his mid 80s, and were not sure how much longer he will last. my grndmother has been waiting on him and and foot.

3) a girlfriend.
simple enough, right? its not like i cant get one. well it kinda is. im not bad looking or anything, but im really shy im real life, so i havnt been able to ask out my coworker whom i really like. so, more accurtly, my wish is the courage to ask her out.

i guess thats all i can really think off without get too physical, or reveal more about my family and past than i want to. thinking of five things isnt as easy as it sounds

Leen

MH's Peacemaker
Reaction score
Country
United States
Ah, 5 things. XD

Getting a girlfriend for Christmas is indeed interesting. Good luck with that. With a pat or two from God, you might just find one that is compatible with you.

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
aw. a girlfriend for christmas. Haha, I think these things you don't ask for, you work for. ^_^

Eileen, what country you from, anyway?

Leen

MH's Peacemaker
Reaction score
Country
United States
baboysai said:
aw. a girlfriend for christmas. Haha, I think these things you don't ask for, you work for. ^_^
But sometimes, no matter how hard you try to work it out, it just doesn't work out. Then, you have to ask for it. XD

Eileen, what country you from, anyway?
Some small country in Asia. :p No snow......:(

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
me too. maybe we're from the same country. Sounds so much like it, haha. And "flight" is the in-thing.

Pevee

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
1. A Better Brain. I need that, desparately, so that I won't have to stress out so much about school.
2. Very Good Luck for my family and I. My fortune isn't going that well recently.
3. Peace. Newspapers have enough things to talk about besides how many people die yesterday. And we call ourselves "civilized" beings.
4. Magic. It's self-explanatory
5. World Domination. . . . I'm serious.

mugen

Reaction score
Country
Mexico
well for Mugen these would be them please try not make fun of him
1.Resolve
2.The World
3. A DEATH NOTE
4.Sanctuary
5.ADD cure

SilveryShadows

(More like wish + comment. Not so much as elaboration..
1. Money.
lol. You can't buy money. (Well, I suppose you can buy lottery tickets or stocks to earn money.. =/. No; this one doesn't count.)
2. Language skills
Well, I suppose I can buy books/CDs to learn language, but using money won't improve my language skills or teach me new languages.
3. Drawing skills
I draw badly ):
4. Happiness, peace, better health & environment, etc. etc.
I can use money to improve those things, well health & environment. (Gov. can use money to reduce pollution etc. but they don't have money to spend it all there. )
5. Creativity
So I can come up with more things I want. (I suppose I can always pay someone to be creative for me.. lol.)

I suppose my list can, in a way, not count.. Money -can- be used to obtain those things. =/

Leen

MH's Peacemaker
Reaction score
Country
United States
Mugen said:
well for Mugen these would be them please try not make fun of him
1.Resolve
2.The World
3. A DEATH NOTE
4.Sanctuary
5.ADD cure
Resolve ? What's that?
Also, what will you do with a Death Note? :huh
Sanctuary? I have one sanctuary just around the corner. :nuts Rest there.
ADD cure? Why?

mugen

Reaction score
Country
Mexico
1.well resolve is something you need in order to make things happen but Mugen lacks it so he never accomplishes anything
2.i want a death note to create an utopia and cuz it's cool
3.sanctuary cuz Mugen needs an escape from reality
4.add cure cuz Mugen's been thinking about going to Oxford in England
now let's look at your list :)

Leen

MH's Peacemaker
Reaction score
Country
United States
Mugen said:
1.well resolve is something you need in order to make things happen but Mugen lacks it so he never accomplishes anything
2.i want a death note to create an utopia and cuz it's cool
3.sanctuary cuz Mugen needs an escape from reality
4.add cure cuz Mugen's been thinking about going to Oxford in England
now let's look at your list :)
I'm recommending these two books to you:

The Giver by Lois Lowry and Farenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
After reading them, then you come back and tell me if you still want a utopia.

mugen

Reaction score
Country
Mexico
i know a utopia is in a way bad but really with they way things are right now, you sometimes wish for one don't you

Leen

MH's Peacemaker
Reaction score
Country
United States
I do wish for one....................sometimes. ;)
Too bad, there's no such thing called utopia. Even if there's a utopia in this world, it will only be a dystopia because nothing can be perfect. So when you try to perfect things that are not perfect, you end up ruining it. >.>

gunajoot

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
This sounds interesting...

1. i wish i will find a good friend. Having one good friend is much more better than having numerous friends around u. This might make me sound like a loner though.

2. Second would be a pay increase. I will be a English teacher soon and the pay is quite low in my country. Thats disturbing cause u cant really focus in your job if u are woried bout meeting the ends of month.

3. Non stop supply of animes FOREVER. (THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT ONE, thank you mangahelpers, u guys are the best)

Well thats it. No more n life will be more than good with all this. Thanks santa.

WinterLion

Grand Taichou
Reaction score
Country
Japan
My list of things I want that money can't buy.

1. More time
Time to spend with my family. Time to spend with my friends. Time to finish all the projects I want to do. Time go back home.

2. Peace
Peace for everyone. I'm so tired and saddened by all the news of wars, people killing each other and themselves, bombings... I just wish it would stop.

3. To see, hear, talk and hug someone who's not here.
Someone I miss dearly.

4. Cleaner environment
So my kids will have something left when they're grown.

5. Turn back time
Turn back time for a friend who's lost her grandmother recently, but for various reasons wasn't able to go back home to be with her grandmother, or even attend the funeral.

mugen

Reaction score
Country
Mexico
Eileen said:
4. A better brain
Ahah, here's something I would really like for Christmas. I just wish that I have the knowledge of Einstein, the courage of Mahatma Gandhi, and the wisdom of Dalai Lama. XD It would be so great if I'm smart, intelligent and wise at the same time at a young age. I can use my brain wisely to help the people in this world to achieve a better world.
really a better brain you have one , we all have the same brain we just have different souls which give us more or less access to our brains then others :darn
so don't worry about that :amuse

jairdan6

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i'd replace the word "soul" with the words work ethic in that sentence mugen. different souls still implies theres a difference in quality of your soul

mugen

Reaction score
Country
Mexico
jairdan6 said:
i'd replace the word "soul" with the words work ethic in that sentence mugen. different souls still implies theres a difference in quality of your soul
that's what i meant
I'm evil, am i not?

AreoXIII

Banned
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
1.Me controling time and space.

2.Me using a Action Replay on life for infinite money.

3.Also me growing wings.

Yes I know I seem spaced out. :amuse

Status
Not open for further replies.