A Fateful Encounter | Page 142 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

A Fateful Encounter

Best Fate Work

• Total voters

Nii

First Shield
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Unfortunately no
I'm focusing on the videogame field, namely Videogame Localization
As for Japanese, I started recently, but luckily I have a solid bas to start from!
videogame localization's good too :nod On that note, is that Omori I see in your set there? : D Didn't play it, but heard a lot of good things.
Oh, what is that solid base? :3
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I'm ready for my punishment :emobirb
Okay, is there a trope/genre you really dislike? Because if unspecified, I will throw a really bad shoujo at you and laugh while you suffer.
(or is that too cruel).
Are you now? I'll think of a perfectly awful manga until next time :3
Don't think there's something I dislike in particular, but a cringe shoujo sounds like the perfect thing to make me suffer :XD It's not really too cruel, that's the point of a punishment after all haha

Which is also fine!! And Sky is such a collector. Admirable, I could never.

Mhm, and now it might be hard to rebuy a SNES, right? And probably a bit more expensive too... Glad you got your hands on the mini version, it's something (and I suppose you can play a lot of those old games on the switch too. Doesn't quite have the same vibe for me if I'm honest).
I think my mom stored the old nintendo somewhere (unlike the ps1, which just magically disappeared one day lmao).
Yeah it doesn't really have the same vibe, but I still think it's nice they made so many old games available on the switch tbh. Otherwise many many of those games could hardly be played anymore. But ofc it's different just getting out your old SNES and having some fun xD Guess I could rebuy it, but don't really feel the urge to atm (and it probably would be quite expensive, yes...)

And what happened with your PS1? 😂 You think someone got rid of it on purpose?

Well, it's a lot harder to get lost in newer games :lambirb I'll have you know my old roommate and I were stuck in a little house in medal of honor once... Took us 30 minutes to figure out where the door was to exit. Though I suppose that was just a 'confusing graphics' situation.
I really hate leaving games incomplete too... I like trophies, but am well aware that for a lot of games I just am not good enough to go for all of them.
Nowadays I just look up tips on the internet, most likely still fail. In the past I tried to bribe my brothers to help me with it haha. Some games were never finished though (like Mirrors Edge. The game isn't hard at all, but there is this one level that's just impossible for me. Spend hours trying to beat the level).
Oh I get that, getting lost happens way more easily in older games :XD I must admit searching 30 minutes for the exit in a house does sound hilarious though :lmao then again, graphics could be quite awful or confusing at the time

Awww you bribed your brothers, that's cute :blush Did it work?
You make it sound like you really suck at games, but I can't imagine you're that bad haha

Personally I like trophies too, but it's not worth the time for me tbh. So it's cool when I get one, but I barely ever try to complete one on purpose. Usually they're too much of a hassle...
And never played Mirrors Edge, but did hear it's a good game :nod what was the problem? (and I would surely quit after hours of trying too lol)

I think that's something you'd expect by the end of a game right? That it has a harder end boss... It's what you've been working towards all game.
Are they harder as in, it's still fair though?
Well that's true, the last boss is supposed to be really hard to beat. But if you need 30 minutes to beat a boss and then fail at the last minute or something, it really hurts. I feel like nowadays a last boss hardly needs that much time, or maybe it's just that boss fights feel more forgiving in general.
But yeah, they're still fair :nod No need to worry, you will beat the last boss of FF9 for sure : D

If I didn't have any issues with FF15, it sure was really easy indeed. I think balance is important yes :nod
Aaaaah, I really wish to play FFR7 sometime. It looks so good (and Sky + you have been super enthusiastic about it). But it seems likely I'll be able to get it this year, so fingers crossed.
You mean because it's rumored to come to PC (and mb XBox)? Really hope it will, only so that you can finally play it haha. It's really good, I promise :nod Fighting system is sorta similar to FF15, you could say they used that as a base and perfected it I feel.

Alsooooo, I watched 2 episodes of HxH so far. It's pretty comfy, nothing blowing me away. But these are obviously still introduction episodes, so that was to be expected. Gon is one of those smart/still a bit stupid type of characters it seems. And I don't dislike that, makes him a funny dude to watch. Love the differences between him + his travel buddies. Wonder if they'll stick with him longer after the exam (or during, even).
Used to have this 'how to draw manga characters' book, and the designs in HxH really remind me of the style they chose there. Is that a coincidence? Probably not haha.
Glad you're enjoying it :blush Gon's a bit of a fool sometimes yeah, pretty much what you said xD But he'll go through quite a bit of development later on. About his travel buddies, a number of them will stick around, but not all the time haha. You'll find out soon, the first arc isn't that long : D

And I'm not sure haha, the author of the manga started the work in 1998, so the designs sorta have that oldish feel you could say. It's sorta basic, but I like it, even if it's nothing special.

Oh!
How's decorating your house going by the way?
Weeeell can't say much has changed :sweatdrop probably will start focusing on that a bit more once I have a job for sure, being a bit careful here with money for the time being even if I have some savings ofc.

Zasz

Bishoujo Collector
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
videogame localization's good too :nod On that note, is that Omori I see in your set there? : D Didn't play it, but heard a lot of good things.
Oh, what is that solid base? :3
Yes, it sure is and you should definitely play it
Trust me, you won't be disappointed!
As for the base, well, the majority of what I know comes from Anime, which are quite useful if you know how to make use of them in terms of learning
The rest comes from a mixture of Kana, some Kanji and basic grammar
I still got a long way to go before I can confidently say that I can speak Japanese, but hey, nothing will start if we do nothing!

Last edited:
Reactions: Nii

Purity of Magi

The Witch of Miracles
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
England
@Nii @MarmaladeSky @revo legit only logged in to show you guys this. I am gonna leave you the biggest fucking spoiler here of today's Higurashi episode.

BITCHES, SHE HAS ARRIVED. IN FUCKING. HANYUU'S CLOTHES. THIS MIX MAN. THE GOD HERSELF HAS APPEARED, LOL. See, Hanyuu was her pawn all along. Also her face fucking cracks me up, wtf is that face even. xDDD

Also Rika has this fucking Bern face expression as in ''Not amused face expression'' all over there HAHAHAHAH.

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Yes, it sure is and you should definitely play it
Trust me, you won't be disappointed!
As for the base, well, the majority of what I know comes from Anime, which are quite useful if you know how to make use of them in terms of learning
The rest comes from a mixture of Kana, some Kanji and basic grammar
I still got a long way to go before I can confidently say that I can speak Japanese, but hey, nothing will start if we do nothing!
I'll put it on my plan to play list ;)
Hmm yeah, I like outlook :nod Learning japanese feels like a reeeally daunting task to me, so I have huge respect for anyone trying to tackle it. Wish you luck Zasz! Do keep me updated about progress, I'm curious :3

@Nii @MarmaladeSky @revo legit only logged in to show you guys this. I am gonna leave you the biggest fucking spoiler here of today's Higurashi episode.

BITCHES, SHE HAS ARRIVED. IN FUCKING. HANYUU'S CLOTHES. THIS MIX MAN. THE GOD HERSELF HAS APPEARED, LOL. See, Hanyuu was her pawn all along. Also her face fucking cracks me up, wtf is that face even. xDDD

Also Rika has this fucking Bern face expression as in ''Not amused face expression'' all over there HAHAHAHAH.

This girl who doesn't even watch the anime, but spoils herself every week o3o

Great that it actually happened though :zomg Really wonder where it will go from here, I'm still holding back my hype for now... The last few episodes went in a good direction for the most part, though.

Also

And by that point the anime should be finished already... So could it be a sequel of sorts? Or maybe, just maybe.... you know what I'm thinking, but I won't say it.

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands

I must say, Rika is getting more and more Bern vibes in general. Especially with this last episode, only when they arrived back at HInamizawa she felt like "Rika" so to say...
Definitely interesting twist of events with Aurora showing up in front of Satoko though. Really makes me wonder what direction the last few episodes will go.
(Also felt really bad for Satoko at the Academy. Really isn't a place for her).
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Are you now? I'll think of a perfectly awful manga until next time :3
Don't think there's something I dislike in particular, but a cringe shoujo sounds like the perfect thing to make me suffer :XD It's not really too cruel, that's the point of a punishment after all haha
Sooo... time flies lmao. Hope you though really hard about it haha.

Yeah it doesn't really have the same vibe, but I still think it's nice they made so many old games available on the switch tbh. Otherwise many many of those games could hardly be played anymore. But ofc it's different just getting out your old SNES and having some fun xD Guess I could rebuy it, but don't really feel the urge to atm (and it probably would be quite expensive, yes...)

And what happened with your PS1? 😂 You think someone got rid of it on purpose?
Yeah I get that xD It's not a neccesity to have anywya, just a cute little something. Speaking of things on the switch... Are you going to get Skyward Sword?
About the PS1... Pretty sure my mother just threw it away :lambirb

Oh I get that, getting lost happens way more easily in older games :XD I must admit searching 30 minutes for the exit in a house does sound hilarious though :lmao then again, graphics could be quite awful or confusing at the time

Awww you bribed your brothers, that's cute :blush Did it work?
You make it sound like you really suck at games, but I can't imagine you're that bad haha
It was hilarious indeed, especially because we were playing the game together and were still failing haha.
We really must play something together sometime.... And I'll show you my nonexistant skills 😂

Personally I like trophies too, but it's not worth the time for me tbh. So it's cool when I get one, but I barely ever try to complete one on purpose. Usually they're too much of a hassle...
And never played Mirrors Edge, but did hear it's a good game :nod what was the problem? (and I would surely quit after hours of trying too lol)
Yeah a lot of those throphies are just increcibly tedious to get... Though fun when you dont' expect them too. Remember using a backyard slide in slenderman and that also gave me a trophie. Had a good laugh about that.
Aaaaah, can't remember what it was exactly, you're basically surrounded by a lot of enemies in a small space (you can't escape). Even with internet instructions I just couldn't do it for some reason haha.
Such a shame, really did enjoy the game up until that point.

Well that's true, the last boss is supposed to be really hard to beat. But if you need 30 minutes to beat a boss and then fail at the last minute or something, it really hurts. I feel like nowadays a last boss hardly needs that much time, or maybe it's just that boss fights feel more forgiving in general.
But yeah, they're still fair :nod No need to worry, you will beat the last boss of FF9 for sure : D
I mean surely if you can use a tent on all of them it might be easier :lambirb (I didn't use that on mr gizamaluke haha).
Agree with you there, nowadays it's like you don't really have to put in a lot of effort for them. Feels like the levels leading up to it are often a lot more difficult for some reason.

You mean because it's rumored to come to PC (and mb XBox)? Really hope it will, only so that you can finally play it haha. It's really good, I promise :nod Fighting system is sorta similar to FF15, you could say they used that as a base and perfected it I feel.
Yes! I mean it's still not announced, so no guarantee but I have hope.
Oohh really! The fighting system in FF15 was quite fun, just a bit too easy. So a perfected version of it would be so nice to try.

Glad you're enjoying it :blush Gon's a bit of a fool sometimes yeah, pretty much what you said xD But he'll go through quite a bit of development later on. About his travel buddies, a number of them will stick around, but not all the time haha. You'll find out soon, the first arc isn't that long : D
And I'm not sure haha, the author of the manga started the work in 1998, so the designs sorta have that oldish feel you could say. It's sorta basic, but I like it, even if it's nothing special.
I'll keep you updated!! Really like it when there is proper character development in a series (especially one that's that long lmao). For now, everything is still so light hearted and bubbly. Really don't mind that haha.
Mhm, yeah basic is definitely a good word for it, but I don't think that's bad. Still think the author of the drawing book was inspired by it, the cover had basically gon with a different hair colour on it 😂 Unfortunately don't have it anymore, so can't show you haha.

Weeeell can't say much has changed :sweatdrop probably will start focusing on that a bit more once I have a job for sure, being a bit careful here with money for the time being even if I have some savings ofc.
Mhnm, that's understandable really... Such a responsible person~
Suppose you can take the time to figure out how you want your home to be and get the things once you are financially secure again.
How's the job search going for you anyway? It's such a pain isn't it... (especially with the covid situation?)

Purity of Magi

The Witch of Miracles
Reaction score
Country
England
This girl who doesn't even watch the anime, but spoils herself every week o3o

Great that it actually happened though :zomg Really wonder where it will go from here, I'm still holding back my hype for now... The last few episodes went in a good direction for the most part, though.

Also

And by that point the anime should be finished already... So could it be a sequel of sorts? Or maybe, just maybe.... you know what I'm thinking, but I won't say it.
Mind you that I have already catched up since last week!!! :arf :handgun

Tbh this seems only like the beginning for me with her appearing.So hopefully its a sequel or even... better...
UMINEKO ANIME WHEN? :arf

Zasz

Bishoujo Collector
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
I'll put it on my plan to play list ;)
Hmm yeah, I like outlook :nod Learning japanese feels like a reeeally daunting task to me, so I have huge respect for anyone trying to tackle it. Wish you luck Zasz! Do keep me updated about progress, I'm curious :3
Excellent!
Anyway, so far so good!
I have more or less memorized 200+ Kanji
I have still got a long way to go, but I'm slowly getting there!

Sky

Otaku Overlord
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Excellent!
Anyway, so far so good!
I have more or less memorized 200+ Kanji
I have still got a long way to go, but I'm slowly getting there!
Is there an "easy" strategy to learn them? 👀
*Looks at my title here* So far I only learn the ones I need for puns. 👀

Last edited:

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Mind you that I have already catched up since last week!!! :arf :handgun

Tbh this seems only like the beginning for me with her appearing.So hopefully its a sequel or even... better...
UMINEKO ANIME WHEN? :arf
Oh, so you've catched up o3o Then how do you feel about the recent episodes (besides Featherine appearing ofc)?

Still not quite sure how to feel about the Satoko reveal, but her reasons so far do make sense. Only thing I felt was a bit weird is that St.Lucia is THAT intense. Also that she basically got imprisoned was a bit... I dunno lol :XD

And yes, that's my dream too... But I'll keep my hopes low for now, don't wanna expect too much xD

I must say, Rika is getting more and more Bern vibes in general. Especially with this last episode, only when they arrived back at HInamizawa she felt like "Rika" so to say...
Definitely interesting twist of events with Aurora showing up in front of Satoko though. Really makes me wonder what direction the last few episodes will go.
(Also felt really bad for Satoko at the Academy. Really isn't a place for her).
Agreed about all of this. Sorta feels like Rika was pushed into this by her peers and the school, but it was slightly disappointing to see that her connection with Satoko wasn't strong enough to avoid that. But I guess it's not that unrealistic, this stuff happens.

Sooo... time flies lmao. Hope you though really hard about it haha.
Okay I actually haven't read that much stuff I would consider very trashy or awful it seems xD But I had two options in mind... One seems a bit too much, I remember almost hating it lol. So let's go with the very trashy one. I suggest you read five chapters of Shuumatsu no Harem/World's End Harem :3

Yeah I get that xD It's not a neccesity to have anywya, just a cute little something. Speaking of things on the switch... Are you going to get Skyward Sword?
About the PS1... Pretty sure my mother just threw it away :lambirb
I don't think I will, because I never played Skyward Sword 😂 I think I only ever played two Zelda games, and both are quite old. Okay no, I played three. I recall really enjoying Majoras Mask, but as a kid it was hella difficult for me lol. And I had to eventually return it to the video rental shop before I could finish it (remember when that still was a thing lmao).

The other two are one for a handheld (I thiiiink it was Oracle of Ages/Seasons...) and Link to the Past for the SNES xD So basically I haven't touched a Zelda game since I was a kid haha.

And your mother was quite cruel :XD

It was hilarious indeed, especially because we were playing the game together and were still failing haha.
We really must play something together sometime.... And I'll show you my nonexistant skills 😂
Just told revs in her thread too, really looking forward to seeing you two play xD I wonder if you really suck as much as you say :lmao

I mean surely if you can use a tent on all of them it might be easier :lambirb (I didn't use that on mr gizamaluke haha).
Agree with you there, nowadays it's like you don't really have to put in a lot of effort for them. Feels like the levels leading up to it are often a lot more difficult for some reason.
I see that little tent trick left quite the impression on you :3
And agreed with that, though I don't mind too much. It's okay if I only need 10 minutes to beat them, if it doesn't feel awfully easy haha :XD

Yes! I mean it's still not announced, so no guarantee but I have hope.
Oohh really! The fighting system in FF15 was quite fun, just a bit too easy. So a perfected version of it would be so nice to try.
Recently read an interview by the producer who said they want to do it, but not sure when... Hope it happens eventually :blush
Yup, think you'll like it. Though I'm not sure how well you can handle action-y stuff, because you said you're awful 😂

I'll keep you updated!! Really like it when there is proper character development in a series (especially one that's that long lmao). For now, everything is still so light hearted and bubbly. Really don't mind that haha.
Mhm, yeah basic is definitely a good word for it, but I don't think that's bad. Still think the author of the drawing book was inspired by it, the cover had basically gon with a different hair colour on it 😂 Unfortunately don't have it anymore, so can't show you haha.
Yeah it won't remain lighthearted and bubbly haha, but that's good to hear :pleased
And lol I would love to see it xD Shame you don't have it anymore haha

Mhnm, that's understandable really... Such a responsible person~
Suppose you can take the time to figure out how you want your home to be and get the things once you are financially secure again.
How's the job search going for you anyway? It's such a pain isn't it... (especially with the covid situation?)
Maybe I am :3
Basically that yes. Also want to give it a bit more time to see how long I want to stay here. It honestly won't be for 5-10 years I think, there's too much I'm not fond of for that. Nothing too big, but I already know that much. So that also plays a role.

Will tell you more about the job search stuff on slack, but I think it could work out pretty soon.

Zasz

Bishoujo Collector
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
Is there an "easy" startegy to learn them? 👀
*Looks at my title here* So far I only learn the ones I need for puns. 👀
I'd recommend buying Heisig's book (ONLY the first volume)
It contains all the Kanji you need to know in order to become literate
His method consists in associating mental images to the Kanji in question
Some Kanji are actually quite easy to memorize and you don't really need to do that
But for some, well, let's say that thIS method is quite useful :XD

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
what do you think of karen, Nii?

found her fanart, think it's really cool, defo set material

though you probably have seen it :p

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Agreed about all of this. Sorta feels like Rika was pushed into this by her peers and the school, but it was slightly disappointing to see that her connection with Satoko wasn't strong enough to avoid that. But I guess it's not that unrealistic, this stuff happens.
I was kind of hoping that coming back to the village would somewhat restore it. But I'm behind right now so we'll talk when that happens haha.

Okay I actually haven't read that much stuff I would consider very trashy or awful it seems xD But I had two options in mind... One seems a bit too much, I remember almost hating it lol. So let's go with the very trashy one. I suggest you read five chapters of Shuumatsu no Harem/World's End Harem :3
You've been so cruel to me.
I kind of that the art looks clean, but the way the female bodies are drawn are obviously a bit.... uhm. I suppose fitting for the story. The MC is kind of lame lol. It's basically a certain genre, but with a plot.
Will not be continuing this series, thank you :hmph

I don't think I will, because I never played Skyward Sword 😂 I think I only ever played two Zelda games, and both are quite old. Okay no, I played three. I recall really enjoying Majoras Mask, but as a kid it was hella difficult for me lol. And I had to eventually return it to the video rental shop before I could finish it (remember when that still was a thing lmao).
The other two are one for a handheld (I thiiiink it was Oracle of Ages/Seasons...) and Link to the Past for the SNES xD So basically I haven't touched a Zelda game since I was a kid haha.
Oohhh, really? That's interesting.
Haha I see what you mean with Majoras mask being quite difficult for kids... Never felt the need to one day continue the game and finish it?
(and what about breath of the wild? It's kind different but such a good game. Since you have a switch right. (Also whats your friendcode 👀 ))

And your mother was quite cruel :XD
She's a different kind of person sometimes 😂

Just told revs in her thread too, really looking forward to seeing you two play xD I wonder if you really suck as much as you say :lmao
Haha, I'm sure I won't surprise you. Don't know about revs, but I believe her haha

I see that little tent trick left quite the impression on you :3
And agreed with that, though I don't mind too much. It's okay if I only need 10 minutes to beat them, if it doesn't feel awfully easy haha :XD
Excuse you, I just didn't think something like that would be possible :emobirb

Recently read an interview by the producer who said they want to do it, but not sure when... Hope it happens eventually :blush
Yup, think you'll like it. Though I'm not sure how well you can handle action-y stuff, because you said you're awful 😂
Mhm, let's have hope!! And if not, I'll just watch videos on youtube and cry. That's also acceptable haha.
I think I'll manage somehow. I usually do, even if it takes really long xD

Yeah it won't remain lighthearted and bubbly haha, but that's good to hear :pleased
And lol I would love to see it xD Shame you don't have it anymore haha
You'll get a full HxH first arc report very soon haha

Maybe I am :3
Basically that yes. Also want to give it a bit more time to see how long I want to stay here. It honestly won't be for 5-10 years I think, there's too much I'm not fond of for that. Nothing too big, but I already know that much. So that also plays a role.

Will tell you more about the job search stuff on slack, but I think it could work out pretty soon.
Oh, your current home you mean? Yeah I can see why you might not want to live there for years and years (esp with all that Japan loot haha, you need to have space for that!! That's important).
Is finding bigger/affordable housing difficult over there by the way?

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
this is mega cool, Nii :swoon

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany
what do you think of karen, Nii?

found her fanart, think it's really cool, defo set material

though you probably have seen it :p
I like her, fun char :nod Thanks for the pic <3

I was kind of hoping that coming back to the village would somewhat restore it. But I'm behind right now so we'll talk when that happens haha.
And, are you up to date now? Some quite curious developments :3 Magi's been spamming me with her thoughts too haha xD

You've been so cruel to me.
I kind of that the art looks clean, but the way the female bodies are drawn are obviously a bit.... uhm. I suppose fitting for the story. The MC is kind of lame lol. It's basically a certain genre, but with a plot.
Will not be continuing this series, thank you :hmph
Yeah, it's full-on fanservice and very trashy :XD Agreed that the MC is very lame. There actually were one or two story parts I quite liked, but it got way too dumb after a while and I was starting to get bored lol, so I dropped it eventually.

Now it's your turn to suggest a series I guess haha

Oohhh, really? That's interesting.
Haha I see what you mean with Majoras mask being quite difficult for kids... Never felt the need to one day continue the game and finish it?
(and what about breath of the wild? It's kind different but such a good game. Since you have a switch right. (Also whats your friendcode 👀 ))
Yeah, for some reason never really got into the Zelda games even though I enjoyed them as a kid. I actually went back to Link to the Past when it got on the Switch bc I never managed to finish the last part way back then, so my pride told me I should properly finish it now that I'm an adult :3 Quite nostalgic, and I even have Breath of the Wild lying around here, but I heard it's quite massive, so not sure when I'll get to it... :XD

Maybe when Majora's Mask gets on the Switch or somewhere easily accesible I might try to finish that too haha, but I think I only got like 1/4 or so into the game when I had to return it back when I was a kid xD

She's a different kind of person sometimes 😂
Sounds like mothers alright 😂

Haha, I'm sure I won't surprise you. Don't know about revs, but I believe her haha
Maybe you're better than you think :3

Mhm, let's have hope!! And if not, I'll just watch videos on youtube and cry. That's also acceptable haha.
I don't like that, but mb there's no other way... So, how far have you come with FF9? 👀 Think you mentioned Burmecia in the other thread or so? Really enjoyed that part too, glad you liked it!

You'll get a full HxH first arc report very soon haha
What is "very soon"? :zomg

Oh, your current home you mean? Yeah I can see why you might not want to live there for years and years (esp with all that Japan loot haha, you need to have space for that!! That's important).
Is finding bigger/affordable housing difficult over there by the way?
Hmm less to do with the loot (I think I would be able to manage fine for the time being) and more other factors. For example I really don't like living at the ground-floor I've noticed, basically being surrounded by nothing but streets. You sorta have to cover your windows most of the time, because I sure don't want strangers looking inside all the time xD Sorta makes me feel a bit uncomfortable. And ofc there's the safety issue too, anyone would just need to break my window or even the door and would be right inside my home.
Also not really enjoying living right next to a kebab shop and an industrial place sorta, can get quite noisy with lots of people or big trucks or whatever.

Well that was a lot of complaining, but I do like it too xD Just that there's some stuff I really don't like, so I probably won't be staying here for that long, maybe another one to two years or so. Ofc it also depends on what's available and the price, so you never know. I think over here in this city it's not that difficult to find something, but in Germany the bigger the city the worse it gets and in general outside of rural areas it can be rather tricky to find something suitable (without another 100 people wanting the same place haha).

For this place it took me a long time to find it too, so it probably won't be easy, but not incredibly hard either (I hope).

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
And, are you up to date now? Some quite curious developments :3 Magi's been spamming me with her thoughts too haha xD
YES I AM. I'm so hyped lol.
It's really good to see Satoko progress from a normal girl to what she is now, very interesting. Really feels like this anime fills in the blank spaces and I love that (more that I imaged we would get in the first place).
So yes, we must talk about this :zomg

Yeah, it's full-on fanservice and very trashy :XD Agreed that the MC is very lame. There actually were one or two story parts I quite liked, but it got way too dumb after a while and I was starting to get bored lol, so I dropped it eventually.

Now it's your turn to suggest a series I guess haha
Haha, I can imagine. Sometimes it's pretty comfy reading something that's not great. But it's also quite long isn't it?

Aaaaaaahh mhmhm, okay I really wanted to grant you the pleasure of reading this very girly manga that I rated a 4 (which is probably a bit high).
However, I think that's what you expect me to do
So I'd like to know how you feel about Okaeri Alice - This manga only started recently and is by the same author of a trail of blood. Can't say it's the same quality...

Yeah, for some reason never really got into the Zelda games even though I enjoyed them as a kid. I actually went back to Link to the Past when it got on the Switch bc I never managed to finish the last part way back then, so my pride told me I should properly finish it now that I'm an adult :3 Quite nostalgic, and I even have Breath of the Wild lying around here, but I heard it's quite massive, so not sure when I'll get to it... :XD

Maybe when Majora's Mask gets on the Switch or somewhere easily accesible I might try to finish that too haha, but I think I only got like 1/4 or so into the game when I had to return it back when I was a kid xD
Hahaha I get it. Especially with breath of the wild... it's fantastically time consuming haha.
Well I wonder how you feel about playing Majora's or something as an adult.

I don't like that, but mb there's no other way... So, how far have you come with FF9? 👀 Think you mentioned Burmecia in the other thread or so? Really enjoyed that part too, glad you liked it!
Haha well we talked about this yesterday... I said I'd finish the cave but that turns out to be more complicated that I thought lol (with the deadends, and the switches trying to figure out the way to go). At least it also looks awesome, I really appreciate the creativeness (Ie every city seems to have their own theme? Really cool).
Haha I did mention Burmecia <3 Such a pretty place. Hope I get to return to it in the game :3

What is "very soon"? :zomg
I'm almost done watching the first arc, so I'll share my thoughts about it then :D

Hmm less to do with the loot (I think I would be able to manage fine for the time being) and more other factors. For example I really don't like living at the ground-floor I've noticed, basically being surrounded by nothing but streets. You sorta have to cover your windows most of the time, because I sure don't want strangers looking inside all the time xD Sorta makes me feel a bit uncomfortable. And ofc there's the safety issue too, anyone would just need to break my window or even the door and would be right inside my home.
Also not really enjoying living right next to a kebab shop and an industrial place sorta, can get quite noisy with lots of people or big trucks or whatever.

Well that was a lot of complaining, but I do like it too xD Just that there's some stuff I really don't like, so I probably won't be staying here for that long, maybe another one to two years or so. Ofc it also depends on what's available and the price, so you never know. I think over here in this city it's not that difficult to find something, but in Germany the bigger the city the worse it gets and in general outside of rural areas it can be rather tricky to find something suitable (without another 100 people wanting the same place haha).

For this place it took me a long time to find it too, so it probably won't be easy, but not incredibly hard either (I hope).
Oh yeah, now you mention that security issue, I can see why you aren't too fond of that. Also covering the windows is... mhm. It's nice to welcome a bit of sunlight too yeah.
Used to live in a bigger city as well for awhile, ground floor. It was a sidestreet of a busy street, so often people did look into the windows and that was so annoying (I think I've told you the story of the random smiling man walking past my window when I was playing a horror game haha).
How do you like living in your city overall? You've mentioned it a bit before, but was wondering if you feel more at home/used to the city itself.

(And complaining is good for you sometimes, it's good to let it out right? o3o)

Germany sounds really similar to NL in terms of seeking places to live, so I understand. I suppose you've got a place to stay for now, good to keep your eyes open for a better place :nod

• Hug

GrySun

Reaction score
Country
Japan
Hey Nii, I just started playing Nier Automata yesterday, wanted to finally give it a try.

So far game seems fun, I like the ship combat the most perhaps, reminds me of the old games I used to play that were 2d space shooters. The „normal“ battle mode is a bit misleading in when you‘re safe and when you‘re dead, still trying to figure that out. Enemy moves aren‘t the best telegraphed, or at least they‘re still a bit hard to distinguish from the other effects around, a bit too flashy at times.

Story seems interesting and I‘m already feeling the :notsure vibes with some of those robots and what they say. I‘m going in fully blind so looking forward to any plot twists and such. All I have heard is that there are multiple endings but no idea how to get them and if multiple playthroughs are necessary. Maybe you can elaborate on that in a no-spoiler way if possible, if not I‘ll figure it out as I play probably.

One big complaint though is that bosses and most enemies one-shot you on Hard difficulty. I‘d have wished for something more inbetween Normal and Very Hard than this which is Very Hard-lite. For now I‘ll be shuffling the difficulty between Normal and Hard until I figure out why exactly that one low level Deer in the city can oneshot me from full health and whether long bossfights are fun if one mistake is death.

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany
YES I AM. I'm so hyped lol.
It's really good to see Satoko progress from a normal girl to what she is now, very interesting. Really feels like this anime fills in the blank spaces and I love that (more that I imaged we would get in the first place).
So yes, we must talk about this :zomg

lol for a second I thought this was Magi, quite rare to see you being hyped :XD

Dunno if you're interested, but the author recently had an interview about Gou, and it's quite interesting: https://0707toshokan.wordpress.com/2021/03/26/febri-jp-higurashi-no-naku-koro-ni-gou-interview/

Think about the other stuff we pretty much talked about haha. From the interview, it sounds to me like we'll basically see the arcs again from Satoko's perspective.

Aaaaaaahh mhmhm, okay I really wanted to grant you the pleasure of reading this very girly manga that I rated a 4 (which is probably a bit high).
However, I think that's what you expect me to do
So I'd like to know how you feel about Okaeri Alice - This manga only started recently and is by the same author of a trail of blood. Can't say it's the same quality...
If you say 4 is a bit high it must be pretty awful lol.
I must admit I didn't get to Okaeri Alice yet... but I'll read it next week for sure! Quite curious what that's going to be like lol (considering I do know that this author makes pretty... weird stories)

Hahaha I get it. Especially with breath of the wild... it's fantastically time consuming haha.
Well I wonder how you feel about playing Majora's or something as an adult.
So you've completed Breath of the Wild? And I think you completed FF15 pretty much too, right? Which makes me wonder, how long did that take for you? Let's say you don't seem to be the kinda person who's "binging" a game, so I imagine it must have taken a while lol

Haha well we talked about this yesterday... I said I'd finish the cave but that turns out to be more complicated that I thought lol (with the deadends, and the switches trying to figure out the way to go). At least it also looks awesome, I really appreciate the creativeness (Ie every city seems to have their own theme? Really cool).
Haha I did mention Burmecia <3 Such a pretty place. Hope I get to return to it in the game :3
Well you're at the Black Magician Village, that one's great too <3 Hope you're still having fun with the game?
Oh and yup, FF games are quite creative with their setting and stuff, that's one of the things I like about it :nod

I'm almost done watching the first arc, so I'll share my thoughts about it then :D
Soooooo? :3

Oh yeah, now you mention that security issue, I can see why you aren't too fond of that. Also covering the windows is... mhm. It's nice to welcome a bit of sunlight too yeah.
Used to live in a bigger city as well for awhile, ground floor. It was a sidestreet of a busy street, so often people did look into the windows and that was so annoying (I think I've told you the story of the random smiling man walking past my window when I was playing a horror game haha).
How do you like living in your city overall? You've mentioned it a bit before, but was wondering if you feel more at home/used to the city itself.

(And complaining is good for you sometimes, it's good to let it out right? o3o)
I mean they're sorta translucent, so it's not like 0 light is coming through, but yeah... would prefer not having to do that.
And I can imagine O_o How did you deal with random people looking inside your home quite often? I remember that story lol, goddamn that must've been really creepy. Tbh if I'm playing a horror game I probably would cover the windows first if I was living on the ground floor xD

Hey Nii, I just started playing Nier Automata yesterday, wanted to finally give it a try.

So far game seems fun, I like the ship combat the most perhaps, reminds me of the old games I used to play that were 2d space shooters. The „normal“ battle mode is a bit misleading in when you‘re safe and when you‘re dead, still trying to figure that out. Enemy moves aren‘t the best telegraphed, or at least they‘re still a bit hard to distinguish from the other effects around, a bit too flashy at times.

Story seems interesting and I‘m already feeling the :notsure vibes with some of those robots and what they say. I‘m going in fully blind so looking forward to any plot twists and such. All I have heard is that there are multiple endings but no idea how to get them and if multiple playthroughs are necessary. Maybe you can elaborate on that in a no-spoiler way if possible, if not I‘ll figure it out as I play probably.

One big complaint though is that bosses and most enemies one-shot you on Hard difficulty. I‘d have wished for something more inbetween Normal and Very Hard than this which is Very Hard-lite. For now I‘ll be shuffling the difficulty between Normal and Hard until I figure out why exactly that one low level Deer in the city can oneshot me from full health and whether long bossfights are fun if one mistake is death.
Ooooh that's nice Gry! The game mechanics are on the flashy side for sure, but can't say I found it that hard to discern (though I see where you're coming from). Did you get used to it? Tbh I don't think I ever played it on Hard mode, so I can't really help you with that lol. I guess you like a challenge?

No comment from me about the story ofc, there's a quite a lot of twists and turns haha. Hope you'll enjoy it though :pleased

About the different routes, that's really not so hard. You will have to play part of the game again, but I think the game itself shows you quite well when to access a new route, so I won't give you any details for now. There are a multitude of other endings, but that's a bunch of bad or joke endings for the most part (like for example you can remove your main chip and then ofc you just die, which is one of the bad endings lol). There's at least one that's quite important, but nothing to worry about until you've completed the main game.

Do tell me how it's going for you as you progress please, curious to hear your thoughts :3

GrySun

Reaction score
Country
Japan
Ooooh that's nice Gry! The game mechanics are on the flashy side for sure, but can't say I found it that hard to discern (though I see where you're coming from). Did you get used to it? Tbh I don't think I ever played it on Hard mode, so I can't really help you with that lol. I guess you like a challenge?

No comment from me about the story ofc, there's a quite a lot of twists and turns haha. Hope you'll enjoy it though :pleased

About the different routes, that's really not so hard. You will have to play part of the game again, but I think the game itself shows you quite well when to access a new route, so I won't give you any details for now. There are a multitude of other endings, but that's a bunch of bad or joke endings for the most part (like for example you can remove your main chip and then ofc you just die, which is one of the bad endings lol). There's at least one that's quite important, but nothing to worry about until you've completed the main game.

Do tell me how it's going for you as you progress please, curious to hear your thoughts :3
I got used to it after a bit of playing, not too bad. I generally like playing games with difficulty settings on higher/highest ones. Very Hard was described as „1 hit kills you“ so I didn‘t want that. The beginning on Hard is basically the same, but after that it gets more fair. Also doesn‘t help that I had no idea you can press down to use items. Don‘t think the game ever told me that.

I hope it‘ll have some twists. I finished the A route, now am playing the same game again wih 9S, so far things are mostly the same. Hope many odd things will still get explained properly.

I only got one joke ending when I wandered off a bit with 9S at the beginning of his route, didn‘t expect that.

Other current thoughts are that I like the game, especially the amazing soundtrack. When you get to the amusement park especially. Story is ok but feels like lots of strange still, many things don‘t make sense regarding the whole aliens, humans on the moon, robots with emotions etc. stuff, so I‘m looking forward to it all being touched upon more. Gameplay‘s pretty fun but can be rutheless. Final boss with 2B was a bit tricky in his last stage, though I feel like I cheesed it with the missile pod.

• Hug