A Fateful Encounter

Best Fate Work


  • Total voters
    20

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I see you're not holding back with the spoilers Magi :lmao Nice pics though! :blush

Dunno what to make of the Death Note oneshot either, but I might give it a try if I don't hear it's awful lol. @syx I believe this is done as part of celebrating DN's 11th anniversary, so I doubt we have a new serialization ahead of us. Prolly just some stuff to please fans, but you never know.

@Asako any progress with Umi? :3
 
  • Like
Reactions: syx

Asako

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2018
Messages
2,062
Reaction score
15,308
Gender
Female
Country
Tunisia
Cuz my pc sucks and don't last for a long time when being used :feelsbadman
And when I play, I play for 6 hours or more
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nii

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Cuz my pc sucks and don't last for a long time when being used :feelsbadman
And when I play, I play for 6 hours or more
Wow, why that long? Can't get into the mood otherwise?
And damn, I hope you'll get a reasonably good PC some of these days :darn
 

revo

The Witch of Certainty
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2017
Messages
2,270
Reaction score
21,074
Age
28
Gender
Female
Country
Argentina
You asked me my favorites in general some days ago so here goes spam of them :blush













Now waiting for your spam.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nii

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
You asked me my favorites in general some days ago so here goes spam of them :blush













Now waiting for your spam.
I don't really know... is that Sailor Uranus and Kiki? xD And who's the girl with the blonde hair?

The other ones are some really good choices :nod Seems our tastes are pretty similar when it comes to chars lol. Used to be a pretty big Allan fan, but when D.Gray-man went downhill (for me when it started being a monthly release) I sorta lost interest as a whole =/ Prolly the only choice I personally don't like that much is Kurapika, I prefer Gon or Killua for Hunter x Hunter.
And I think almost everyone out there just loves Zoro, he's that good :XD

You asked for the spam, here it is : D

(both)















(same char xD)



 

revo

The Witch of Certainty
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2017
Messages
2,270
Reaction score
21,074
Age
28
Gender
Female
Country
Argentina
I don't really know... is that Sailor Uranus and Kiki? xD And who's the girl with the blonde hair?
Sailor Mars yes :XD I'm loving Sailor Moon more and more but she's my ultimate favorite, ended up liking her a lot.
Kiki's Delivery Service is my favorite Ghibli film and maybe of anime in general ^^ (next to others non-Ghibli) and I rewatched the movie so many times she became my favorite hahaha.

The blonde gal is Elizabeth Midford from Kuroshitsuji o/ Even if the manga is cool and all, it's not from my most favorites anymore, but she's great.
The other ones are some really good choices :nod Seems our tastes are pretty similar when it comes to chars lol. Used to be a pretty big Allan fan, but when D.Gray-man went downhill (for me when it started being a monthly release) I sorta lost interest as a whole =/ Prolly the only choice I personally don't like that much is Kurapika, I prefer Gon or Killua for Hunter x Hunter.
And I think almost everyone out there just loves Zoro, he's that good :XD
We do seem to like the same type in almost every series :Haha I'm gladfor that.
As much as I like the DGM manga, it was never from my favorite list (no idea why), and I even agree a little with what you said about the last saga. Still, I ended yo loving Allen since the first time I tried to read the manga, the series has it's ups and down and some other great characters but I really like Allen as a protagonist in general, the concept of him is great to me.

I talked about this with Erin too I think, that my unpopular opinion is that I prefer Kurapika or Leo over Gon and Killua. :sweatbunny Don't get me wrong, I love them both and even more as a duo, but I enjoy the series more when Kurapika becomes the spolight.
Loved Zoro since he first showed up :blushbirb it sounds typical since it's true, he's basically everyone's favorite, though I do prefer him in general before the time-skip, he's still my most favorite guy (even more than Edward or Allen wow). Nami and Usopp are between my favorites too, Nami used to be one of my fave females in general.
You asked for the spam, here it is : D

undefined
Battler and Bea!! I'm finishing the Umineko series soon, preparing to spam Magi about it.

I really like these two too (and ship them, of course) I didn't like Battler very much at first but he grew for me. Who are the ones of the second, third and fourth pic?

I imagined Emiya and 2B to be here :blush if I had to pick favorites from videogames, 9S would do for me. So Gon and Killua are from your favorites in general then? I will keep that in note. And you like Kagura! She's a cutie in both forms; my favorite is Okita (and can't help but ship them too) so we're pretty similar there.

Clannad! :zomg Tomoya is so great, and so is Ushio (I always prefered the After Story arcs than the first), my favorite there was always Fuko even if she didn't have that much of screentime and her arc was from the best ones; Nagisa was pretty good too. :nod

Are you reading the current Houseki chapters? It's so good currently, and I always liked Phos but my favorite was always Diamond :blush most of the fanarts I save of the series are drawings about her.
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Sailor Mars yes :XD I'm loving Sailor Moon more and more but she's my ultimate favorite, ended up liking her a lot.
Kiki's Delivery Service is my favorite Ghibli film and maybe of anime in general ^^ (next to others non-Ghibli) and I rewatched the movie so many times she became my favorite hahaha.

The blonde gal is Elizabeth Midford from Kuroshitsuji o/ Even if the manga is cool and all, it's not from my most favorites anymore, but she's great.

We do seem to like the same type in almost every series :Haha I'm gladfor that.
As much as I like the DGM manga, it was never from my favorite list (no idea why), and I even agree a little with what you said about the last saga. Still, I ended yo loving Allen since the first time I tried to read the manga, the series has it's ups and down and some other great characters but I really like Allen as a protagonist in general, the concept of him is great to me.

I talked about this with Erin too I think, that my unpopular opinion is that I prefer Kurapika or Leo over Gon and Killua. :sweatbunny Don't get me wrong, I love them both and even more as a duo, but I enjoy the series more when Kurapika becomes the spolight.
Loved Zoro since he first showed up :blushbirb it sounds typical since it's true, he's basically everyone's favorite, though I do prefer him in general before the time-skip, he's still my most favorite guy (even more than Edward or Allen wow). Nami and Usopp are between my favorites too, Nami used to be one of my fave females in general.

Battler and Bea!! I'm finishing the Umineko series soon, preparing to spam Magi about it.

I really like these two too (and ship them, of course) I didn't like Battler very much at first but he grew for me. Who are the ones of the second, third and fourth pic?

I imagined Emiya and 2B to be here :blush if I had to pick favorites from videogames, 9S would do for me. So Gon and Killua are from your favorites in general then? I will keep that in note. And you like Kagura! She's a cutie in both forms; my favorite is Okita (and can't help but ship them too) so we're pretty similar there.

Clannad! :zomg Tomoya is so great, and so is Ushio (I always prefered the After Story arcs than the first), my favorite there was always Fuko even if she didn't have that much of screentime and her arc was from the best ones; Nagisa was pretty good too. :nod

Are you reading the current Houseki chapters? It's so good currently, and I always liked Phos but my favorite was always Diamond :blush most of the fanarts I save of the series are drawings about her.
So Sailor Mars, my bad... :XD I've only seen two Ghibli films I think, I'm a pretty huge exception when it comes to Ghibli stuff in general it seems xD (though I did really enjoy Princess Mononoke as a kid). Never felt the urge to check out more of their works.

I've actually heard quite a bit about Kuroshitsuji, but opinions are pretty mixed from what I've seen, so I never was all that curious :sweatdrop

You're glad for that, huh? Better be careful, or Sky's gonna get jealous :lambirb Joking aside, it's always good to find someone with similar taste :nod You like both Higurashi und Umineko, that's a lot already :3 now you only need to get into Fate

Yeah, prefering Kurapika and Leorio is a pretty rare opinion I think xD Nothing wrong with that though, Hunter x Hunter is full with good characters. When you enjoy his parts more, I guess you didn't like the Chimera Ant arc that much?

About Zoro, he barely got anything to do since the timeskip sadly, his oponents weren't much of threat for him since then too. Sorta sad about how little spotlight he gets tbh, he's a far better char than someone like Sanji if you ask me. Hopefully he'll get his time to shine and a worthy opponent sometime during the Wano arc...

Feel free to spam me about Umineko too :3 You're reading the manga I think? And how far are you? Battler is one of those chars who gets better and better with time, when you learn more about who they are and why they behave in a certain way.

Second pic is Vivi from FFIX (you can always play it on Steam! But knowing your track record with games, I won't say you should play it :XD). Third one's Hikigaya Hachiman from Oregairu. Now that is a series I highly recommend :zomg It has two seasons, and the third and last one is about to air this spring.

Fourth one is Kohaku from Tsukihime. Yes it has an anime, but that one sucks to the point where fans pretend it doesn't exist (so even worse than the Umineko anime lol). The manga only adapts one part out of five too, so that's not really an option either. You would need to read the VN, it's pretty old though. Dunno if you would be up for that lol, but it's sitll one of my fav works out there. @Sky has read it too, after I forced him to. Maybe he can share his thoughts : D

So 9S is your favourite when you haven't really played the game? Now that's interesting :p And yeah, I'd say Gon and Killua are among my favorites in general :nod Okita and Kagura go pretty well together, though I sorta prefer shipping her with Shinpachi xD But yes, Kagura is a strong and funny female char, that puts her high on my list : D

As for Clannad, I think the anime simply had a much easier job adapting the After Story bc it was one clear route. In the actual VN you have routes for a bunch of girls before that, and each is its own timeline (they actually get together, etc), and I think the anime combined all of the routes into one connected story - which is pretty different already. But leaving my nerd knowledge aside, I agree. I cried during that scene with Tomoya and Ushio in the field :emocat My fav female char in Clannad is Tomoyo though, never was a big Nagisa fan sadly.

And tbh I always plan to do it, but I haven't read the manga yet, I've only seen the Houseki anime :sweat I'll definitely read it at some point, though, just a matter of when. Diamond's actually my second fav char from the series :zomg







And done! This has turned into quite the wall of text, sorry for that :XD
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,850
Reaction score
23,520
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I have also read it. It's quite good.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nii

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I certainly am a big Tsukihime fan.
So read it, revo-chan. :nod

#TeamHisui
#BestGirl
Good job my friend : D

I have also read it. It's quite good.
oh, wasn't aware of that. Thought you wouldn't be the biggest fan of a work like Tsukihime. Let's ask the most important question: Fav girl? :lambirb
 
  • Like
Reactions: Sky

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,850
Reaction score
23,520
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
oh, wasn't aware of that. Thought you wouldn't be the biggest fan of a work like Tsukihime. Let's ask the most important question: Fav girl? :lambirb
I can't honestly say I remember clearly. It's been so long.

I remember only very general things about it at this point. Like I remember that I liked it. I remember thinking that it wasn't as confusing as Fate/Stay with like Vampires and stuff instead of all the Grail lore. I think there was a girl that looked sort of like Rin in there somewhere who I was into. The rest is a blur.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Looking it up I'm pretty sure I'm team Akiha.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nii

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I can't honestly say I remember clearly. It's been so long.

I remember only very general things about it at this point. Like I remember that I liked it. I remember thinking that it wasn't as confusing as Fate/Stay with like Vampires and stuff instead of all the Grail lore. I think there was a girl that looked sort of like Rin in there somewhere who I was into. The rest is a blur.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Looking it up I'm pretty sure I'm team Akiha.
So you forgot almost everything, huh? :XD Akiha is a good pick (though all of them are I'd say, besides Ciel...), my personal favs are Kohaku and Arcueid though : D And yes, I think the story's actually better than Fate/Stay Night, it's just the technical aspects that are holding this one back from being absolutely great, in my eyes. That, and ofc it doesn't make a ton of gacha money, so the remake's still nowhere near done...

I spotted a few remake CGs at the Type Moon Museum in Japan though, that gave me hope :zomg I guess you'd check it out too, despite forgetting what happened in the original? :XD
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,850
Reaction score
23,520
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
So you forgot almost everything, huh? :XD Akiha is a good pick (though all of them are I'd say, besides Ciel...), my personal favs are Kohaku and Arcueid though : D And yes, I think the story's actually better than Fate/Stay Night, it's just the technical aspects that are holding this one back from being absolutely great, in my eyes. That, and ofc it doesn't make a ton of gacha money, so the remake's still nowhere near done...

I spotted a few remake CGs at the Type Moon Museum in Japan though, that gave me hope :zomg I guess you'd check it out too, despite forgetting what happened in the original? :XD
In my defense, I played it a very long time ago and haven't thought about it until I saw you mention it.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nii

revo

The Witch of Certainty
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2017
Messages
2,270
Reaction score
21,074
Age
28
Gender
Female
Country
Argentina
Nice 2B set :zomg
So Sailor Mars, my bad... :XD I've only seen two Ghibli films I think, I'm a pretty huge exception when it comes to Ghibli stuff in general it seems xD (though I did really enjoy Princess Mononoke as a kid). Never felt the urge to check out more of their works.

I've actually heard quite a bit about Kuroshitsuji, but opinions are pretty mixed from what I've seen, so I never was all that curious :sweatdrop
That's weird tp find, everyone seems to be a Ghibli lover here :Haha do you have any anime movies in general you like?
I felt the same with Kuroshitsuji, the anime has pretty bad reviews (and with reason, it's not very good...) and most of the fandom is basically yaoi fans when the series isn't even about yaoi xD but the manga is amazing and pretty dark for me.
You're glad for that, huh? Better be careful, or Sky's gonna get jealous :lambirb
Jealous of you or of me?

Joking aside, it's always good to find someone with similar taste :nod You like both Higurashi und Umineko, that's a lot already :3 now you only need to get into Fate
Yeah, I finished Umineko yesterday! ^^ still have to let Magi know. It's a pretty amazing series, far more complicated than Higurashi hahaha, but there are many awesome characters (try to guess my favorites o/).
I'm full of spoilers when it comes to Fate but I always wanted to watch it all, though there are people who tell me that I should start with the novels instead of the anime, and some others watched the anime in different orders, I just don't know where start xD.
Yeah, prefering Kurapika and Leorio is a pretty rare opinion I think xD Nothing wrong with that though, Hunter x Hunter is full with good characters. When you enjoy his parts more, I guess you didn't like the Chimera Ant arc that much?
I really like the Chimers Ant but I'm from the minority that doesn't have that arc as a favorite :sweatbunny Yorknew was always the best for me.
About Zoro, he barely got anything to do since the timeskip sadly, his oponents weren't much of threat for him since then too. Sorta sad about how little spotlight he gets tbh, he's a far better char than someone like Sanji if you ask me. Hopefully he'll get his time to shine and a worthy opponent sometime during the Wano arc...
Are you following the current Wano arc in the manga then? :o And which characters do you like the most in OP? (I think I never asked).
Sanji is a character that got ruined for me after the time-skip, even if Zoro was always my favorite I really liked Sanji before the whole two years. I feel that Oda exaggerated him too much and gave him a poor spotlight too, I also don't like his "falling for all woman" gag anymore.
Feel free to spam me about Umineko too :3 You're reading the manga I think? And how far are you? Battler is one of those chars who gets better and better with time, when you learn more about who they are and why they behave in a certain way.
Now that I finished it, I love Battler a lot, I think I only disliked him in the first episode, got neutral to him for a while but he managed to become one of my favorites. :nod I do ship him with Bea a lot even if they aren't my otp of the series.
Second pic is Vivi from FFIX (you can always play it on Steam! But knowing your track record with games, I won't say you should play it :XD). Third one's Hikigaya Hachiman from Oregairu. Now that is a series I highly recommend :zomg It has two seasons, and the third and last one is about to air this spring.

Fourth one is Kohaku from Tsukihime. Yes it has an anime, but that one sucks to the point where fans pretend it doesn't exist (so even worse than the Umineko anime lol). The manga only adapts one part out of five too, so that's not really an option either. You would need to read the VN, it's pretty old though. Dunno if you would be up for that lol, but it's sitll one of my fav works out there. @Sky has read it too, after I forced him to. Maybe he can share his thoughts : D
Oh true! I used to read about the plot of the games of Final Fantasy when I couldn't play the games (that's very sad I know) but there are just so many characters... he seems very adorable though :blush

I checked the anime in MAL and it seems to have bad reviews xD Higurashi seems to be one of the few VN that got a decent anime adaptation (though I'm not a fan of some parts of it). I checke some characters out and some seems pretty cool, I will try to give it a read, this Kohaku girl seems cute and dangerous.
So 9S is your favourite when you haven't really played the game? Now that's interesting :p And yeah, I'd say Gon and Killua are among my favorites in general :nod Okita and Kagura go pretty well together, though I sorta prefer shipping her with Shinpachi xD But yes, Kagura is a strong and funny female char, that puts her high on my list : D

As for Clannad, I think the anime simply had a much easier job adapting the After Story bc it was one clear route. In the actual VN you have routes for a bunch of girls before that, and each is its own timeline (they actually get together, etc), and I think the anime combined all of the routes into one connected story - which is pretty different already. But leaving my nerd knowledge aside, I agree. I cried during that scene with Tomoya and Ushio in the field :emocat My fav female char in Clannad is Tomoyo though, never was a big Nagisa fan sadly.
Read lots of things about him, also I did watch videos of people playing the game :sweatdrop he's also the type of male characters I usually would really like. Never heard of Kagura x Shinpachi before :XD I see a lot of people shipping her with Gintoki though.

I always found it weird how the anime was a harem but it barely had romantic interactions with the girls, just with Nagisa xD now it makes sense. I personally enjoyed Nagisa a lot in After Story, was neutral with her in the first anime, but Tomoyo was always a second favorite for me too! The one I never really liked is Kotomi tbh.
And tbh I always plan to do it, but I haven't read the manga yet, I've only seen the Houseki anime :sweat I'll definitely read it at some point, though, just a matter of when. Diamond's actually my second fav char from the series :zomg

undefined
Nice to hear that! :wtf
Watched the anime a long time ago, glad I read the manga because I honestly prefer it a lot more hahaha hope you try it someday, it's really amazing. \o/
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: Nii

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Nice 2B set :zomg

That's weird tp find, everyone seems to be a Ghibli lover here :Haha do you have any anime movies in general you like?
I felt the same with Kuroshitsuji, the anime has pretty bad reviews (and with reason, it's not very good...) and most of the fandom is basically yaoi fans when the series isn't even about yaoi xD but the manga is amazing and pretty dark for me.

Jealous of you or of me?
Thanks a lot :blush

lol yeah I really am a rare case, though funnily enough Sky is the same xD There's a bunch of anime movies I like, some of my favourites would be "Koe no Katachi", "Ookami Kodomo no Ame to Yuki", or "Paprika". Though I tend to like anime seasons more, when it comes down to it haha.
And I guess Kuroshituji must have some fanservice at least, that often leads to people's fantasies running wild :3

Jealous of both of us, perhaps


revo said:
Yeah, I finished Umineko yesterday! ^^ still have to let Magi know. It's a pretty amazing series, far more complicated than Higurashi hahaha, but there are many awesome characters (try to guess my favorites o/).
I'm full of spoilers when it comes to Fate but I always wanted to watch it all, though there are people who tell me that I should start with the novels instead of the anime, and some others watched the anime in different orders, I just don't know where start xD.
lol yeah, Umineko is pretty complicated in a way. It also leaves many answers up to your own skills and imagination, though the manga is more forgiving with the answers xD For example "that character's" backstory isn't even in the VN, you have to figure out the main culprit yourself with the hints available. My mind was blown the moment I realized who it was, lol. How do you feel about that twist?

haha I mean I can show you some directions regarding Fate, if you want to :XD What I can say, personally, is that the original novel is definitely the best way to start. I actually started with the Fate/Zero anime back then, which would be the 2nd best choice. Then when I fangasmed I told Sky he should read it too, so he started what most fans consider "the best way" . Think @Sky thinks it was the best way too, in hindsight : D

Anyway, to not make it too complicated. Either 1. Start with the Fate/Stay Night VN (I can show you how to get the best version), or 2. Start with the Fate/Zero anime. Anything else is either adapting a part of the VN or it's own spin-off/universe, so you don't need to concern yourself with those yet.
revo said:
I really like the Chimers Ant but I'm from the minority that doesn't have that arc as a favorite :sweatbunny Yorknew was always the best for me.

Are you following the current Wano arc in the manga then? :o And which characters do you like the most in OP? (I think I never asked).
Sanji is a character that got ruined for me after the time-skip, even if Zoro was always my favorite I really liked Sanji before the whole two years. I feel that Oda exaggerated him too much and gave him a poor spotlight too, I also don't like his "falling for all woman" gag anymore.
hmm I see. Yorknew is great too, but I'm with the Chimera Ant bunch tbh. They're both great :nod

Yup, I'm following the manga, just not really all that in love anymore ever since the timeskip. OP was at it's best during Ennies Lobby I think, until the end of Shabondy. It slowly recovered after the timeskip though. If we're talking fav chars, it would be Zoro, Shanks, Nami, Law and Jinbe I think. Fav antagonists would be Arlong, Crocodile and Rob Lucci. Yours?
Totally agree with you about Sanji, his falling for all woman gag is just lame at this point. Thought it was nice what he had going with Pudding, but also bad how Oda decided to remove his character development by getting rid of his memories involving her =/

revo said:
Now that I finished it, I love Battler a lot, I think I only disliked him in the first episode, got neutral to him for a while but he managed to become one of my favorites. :nod I do ship him with Bea a lot even if they aren't my otp of the series.

Oh true! I used to read about the plot of the games of Final Fantasy when I couldn't play the games (that's very sad I know) but there are just so many characters... he seems very adorable though :blush

I checked the anime in MAL and it seems to have bad reviews xD Higurashi seems to be one of the few VN that got a decent anime adaptation (though I'm not a fan of some parts of it). I checke some characters out and some seems pretty cool, I will try to give it a read, this Kohaku girl seems cute and dangerous.
That's great to hear :zomg So who's your OTP then? :toc

Yeah, Vivi is adorable and has some really good character development. Prolly still my favorite Final Fantasy char all things considered. Might also be related to nostalgia though haha :XD

Did you read the Higurashi VN? It's one of the few cases where I've seen the anime but haven't read the VN yet (bc I watched the anime like 8 or 9 years ago lol). Definitely plan to change that sooner or later. Sadly most VN adaptations are pretty bad, that's why people often get the wrong idea about the story and characters etc :sweatdrop

Would be really cool to see you check out Tsukihime, but keep in mind it's really old and back then the company was just some fans creating a VN. Think they had like 4 or 5 people working on it haha. Be careful with checking the characters out, there's a lot of potential spoilers xD Sadly I can't really talk about Kohaku without going into heavy spoiler territory, but yes, she's great in her own way :3 If you need help with getting the novel, do tell me :nod

revo said:
Read lots of things about him, also I did watch videos of people playing the game :sweatdrop he's also the type of male characters I usually would really like. Never heard of Kagura x Shinpachi before :XD I see a lot of people shipping her with Gintoki though.

I always found it weird how the anime was a harem but it barely had romantic interactions with the girls, just with Nagisa xD now it makes sense. I personally enjoyed Nagisa a lot in After Story, was neutral with her in the first anime, but Tomoyo was always a second favorite for me too! The one I never really liked is Kotomi tbh.

Nice to hear that! :wtf
Watched the anime a long time ago, glad I read the manga because I honestly prefer it a lot more hahaha hope you try it someday, it's really amazing. \o/
I definitely know I'm not the only Shinpachi x Kagura fan out there... :XD But yeah, people rather ship her with Okita or Gintoki. Nothing wrong with that, she has good chemistry with them as well.
And yes, 9S is a really interesting char. I knew you have good taste :blush

I actually like Kotomi lol, but I dunno if the anime did a proper job with her arc (before that, I didn't like her much either). Good to see Tomoyo is high on your list too though :zomg

And I'll definitely tell you and @Asako when I start reading the manga! I already feel bad letting Asa wait for this long :feelsbadman
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

In my defense, I played it a very long time ago and haven't thought about it until I saw you mention it.
Why not give it a reread then? :toc
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,850
Reaction score
23,520
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Why not give it a reread then? :toc
If was going to reread a VN it would have to be Fate/Stay, I think.

If I wasn't constantly thinking about Fate characters because of all the anime and FGO. I probably wouldn't remember that as clearly either. Since that is only slightly more recent for me than Tsukihime is and yet Fate leaves such a big footprint. I'd like to go back and experience that again at some point.
 
Last edited:

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
If was going to reread a VN it would have to be Fate/Stay, I think.

If I wasn't constantly thinking about Fate characters because of all the anime and FGO. I probably wouldn't remember that as clearly either. Since that is only slightly more recent for me than Tsukihime is and yet Fate leaves such a big footprint. I'd like to go back and experience that again at some point.
Well I forgot quite a bit about it too, but reread around a year ago I think (when I made Sky read xD). But sure, rereading Fate is a good idea too, it's still a great work in my eyes. You prolly should get the newest (fan)version, where they have added effects and the new (better) music.
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,850
Reaction score
23,520
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Well I forgot quite a bit about it too, but reread around a year ago I think (when I made Sky read xD). But sure, rereading Fate is a good idea too, it's still a great work in my eyes. You prolly should get the newest (fan)version, where they have added effects and the new (better) music.
Realistically, I probably won't replay it anytime soon. The never ending flood of good videogames, movie, TV, manga, and anime stuff tends to make it a bit hard to revisit classic VNs.

Mainly because unlike books they take quite a while to read. The pace is set for you because it's linked to the sound and graphics. So if you're a faster reader, like myself, you can't just fly through it like you can an novel. It's kind of like knowing there is somewhere you want to go but also knowing it's 100 miles away and the speed limit is 10 miles an hour.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: Nii
Top