Anime A Hunter x Hunter Movie

GingFuriksu

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 29, 2012
Messages
409
Reaction score
217
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Alright, due to circumstances I couldn't see this week's ep but I heard on ANN that there was a special 'phantoum trope' trailer opening for this weeks episode. I tried to use the free two minutes on crunchyroll to see the op for myself (I don't have premium yet) but it was the same opening, someone tell me where this trailer opening is, I WANT TO SEE IT!!
http://www.facebook.com/megumihanfans

Go to the second video on this page. It should be the really HUGE video : P
 

Riruru

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 11, 2012
Messages
182
Reaction score
298
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
What's the 31-12-4 and 32-12-28 on the bottom of that scan about?

Somehow seeing a sketch of "Togashi" on that ad makes it 100 times cooler.
 

riniloves

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2012
Messages
224
Reaction score
179
Gender
Hidden
Country
Philippines
What's the 31-12-4 and 32-12-28 on the bottom of that scan about?
I highlight it in /b
megumihanfans said:
- Movie Theme Song: "REASON" by Yuzu (ゆず)
- Togashi-sensei's Comment
- HxH Manga Vol.31 & Vol.32 will release on 4 Dec, 2012 & 28 Dec, 2012
New scans ^^

Just added some info... I really wanted to know what Togashi's comment is about....
and those tidbits from the scans.... merciful translator anyone?

http://www.facebook.com/willeke.bloem said:
Togashi's comment:
"This manuscript which I wrote 10 years ago, of which I thought that it would end as an undeveloped alternative setting (?) without even being presented at a meeting, will be delivered to everyone in movie format. As the original writer, I am happily surprised. I am also looking forward to seeing the movie completed"

So Togashi did indeed write the script for the movie. =O The comment above the photo of the script also says "It appears that Pairo also plays a big role in this script...!?"
Thank you so much!!!
 
Last edited:

Veradux

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 21, 2012
Messages
64
Reaction score
58
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
^Thanks for those fantastic news! I hope this means the manga is returning soon.
 

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
The report actually says that 'Reason' will be used as the ED for the TV anime as well starting in December.

I guess with two volumes coming out in the same month, there is reason to believe the manga will be back in January. That sort of supports what I was saying with Viz picking up the speed of it's releases. I knew they knew something ahead of time.

Pairo will be voiced by Kawashima Umika.
There's another new (original) character name Retsu (Letsu?) Who's a puppeteer. She (or he, knowing Togashi.) is travelling alone for some reason and gets involved with Gon and the group for unknown reasons. She will be voiced by Hirano Aya who did Menchi in the 2011 version.

Pairo is the 'key' to the plot.
Episode 55 will air on November 11th.
 
Last edited:

kindredxiuxiu

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2012
Messages
2,153
Reaction score
1,186
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I like all of this news.

As far as a new OP. We may get another departure with Greed Island scenes. December seems about right for getting into that arc.
 

leokiko

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2012
Messages
64
Reaction score
23
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Aren't those volumes related to the movie? Like, the unreleased manuscript Togashi wrote?

Nvm, just read the TL.
 
Last edited:

thatguy3331

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2011
Messages
588
Reaction score
362
Gender
Male
Country
United States
So let me get this straight, togashi basicly wrote the movi before it would even be considered as a movie?

MAD. BEASTLY.

I'ma go write my Ideas movie scripts now! who knows what they'll be in the next 10 or 20 years! :D
 

futurefrog

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2012
Messages
1,023
Reaction score
999
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
So let me get this straight, togashi basicly wrote the movi before it would even be considered as a movie?

MAD. BEASTLY.

I'ma go write my Ideas movie scripts now! who knows what they'll be in the next 10 or 20 years! :D
The movie is what he originally had intended York New Arc to be it seems but he ultimately went a different route and this story was left on the cutting room floor only now 10 years later to be discovered again and made into a film.
 

Riruru

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 11, 2012
Messages
182
Reaction score
298
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Woah. That's quite a lot more news than I was expecting. And, should that scan be posted in the anime discussion thread as well since it talks about a new ending?

Looks like our assumption that Togashi didn't write the script due to his lack of mentioning it was because he already wrote it. :zomg

News about a new ending, but no news about new opening ?
I don't like this. :-_-
At least they're awesome endings! Amirite?
 

TheAmericandream

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2012
Messages
521
Reaction score
152
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
That's really interesting, the alternate Yorknew based off Togashi's old writing, I am way more excited for this now. Though I hope in the future Togashi himself begins contributing filler character designs like Akira Toriyama, the former No. 4 Phantom Troupe member doesn't really feel like a HxH character design to me for some reason. Also a new song sounds great, since all the vocal songs in this series have been good. I wonder exactly what date Greed Island will possibly start on, but the though of the manga coming back in January is the best news I've heard all day (if its true).
 

The Invertroid

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2012
Messages
236
Reaction score
136
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Does anyone have any idea how long the movie will be? 90 minutes or something?

Also, will the movie be available on Crunchyroll in January?
 

xScar

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2012
Messages
174
Reaction score
347
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Does anyone have any idea how long the movie will be? 90 minutes or something?

Also, will the movie be available on Crunchyroll in January?
Most likely 90 minutes. And no, it will not be on CR in January. It will most likely not be on CR at all.
 

Keirin

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 22, 2012
Messages
84
Reaction score
37
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
Finland
We'll probably see it after dvd comes out.
 
Last edited:

Netero

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2011
Messages
737
Reaction score
583
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I've been without power for awhile thanks to Hurricane Sandy... but now I finally have access to the internet, and I find out it's confirmed that Togashi actually wrote the movie! oh happy! day! :dance
 

Riruru

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 11, 2012
Messages
182
Reaction score
298
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
The song sounds serious yet strangely cheery if not a bit slow. I think it's perfect for the GI arc. :super
 

The Invertroid

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2012
Messages
236
Reaction score
136
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Uvo vs. Killua is looking more and more likely. Kind of an uneven matchup if you consider how weak Killua is compared to the Spiders during the Yorknew arc.

This story idea from Togashi must be pretty old. Hisoka was confirmed as the supposed #4 spider back in Heaven's Arena, so if Togashi's draft has Omokage as #4 in it, he must have planned this out at least before HA.
 
Top