I got today Hunter x Hunter Vol. 0 and cinema book, they are amazing ^^
I scanned Volume 0 cover and exclusive Togashi´s illustrations from cinema book in SHQ, give credits if you publish them in another web/forum please ^^
Any Filipinos out there? I just passed by SM North Edsa yesterday, and the cinema on the second floor of the main building had this stand with the HxH movie poster and trailer. I only got a glimpse, but there seems to be subtitles and stuff. I remember some Naruto thing used to be there (a movie too, I guess?). I was curious so I went to the mall site and guess what? THEY'RE SHOWING IT ON THEATERS.
BUT I DON'T THINK I'LL BE ABLE TO WATCH BECAUSE THE LAST DAY OF SHOWING FOR THE NEAREST MALL IS TODAY AND I CAN'T GO UGH FML
EDIT: Okay, I take that back. I actually managed to see the movie.
If you haven't watched it yet, then my advice to you is to not bring any expectations or biases into the movie. I actually enjoyed watching it, but I can see how some other people might get disappointed because they were expecting to see something else. I got my dad to tag along and he seemed to enjoy it even with the minimal exposure to the show (and by minimal, I meant zero; he basically went in knowing nothing and I rarely even had to explain what the movie doesn't already, although he of course missed out on some of the references.)
> Obviously Togashi could have done the story better, but for an anime movie it was good. Not as sucky as I thought it would be, and it still captured the Hunter x Hunter spirit for me. I just think some things could have been better executed, but oh well.
> Really enjoyed the comedy though. Everyone in the theater was laughing or snickering during the lighter moments.
> You know, for all the promotion we get Killua actually has more screen time than anyone else. Though you'd find that it's kinda obvious based on the opening scene of the movie. I do find it amusing how it's still obvious that Gon is the main character even though the story revolves mostly around Killua's struggles and Kurapika's revenge.
> I honestly think the reason why Killua's struggles are highlighted is because it's convenient for the plot devices used.
> I want to say the plot was predictable, but there were a few points I didn't really expect to happen either. Though I only saw one trailer out of how many there are so...
> Dang Illumi, do you ever stop being creepy?
> I can't help but think of Persona 4 while watching the movie. Except instead of shadows, we get pseudo-zombies.
> It was nice seeing the kids interact with Retz though.
> AND IT WAS NICER FINALLY SEEING THE MAIN FOUR TOGETHER AGAIN. I wonder when that will happen again soon.
Overall, I had a fun time. I'm gonna say that Guardian Enzo's highlights of the movie were spot on, and leave it at that.
It'll probably be in Geo or Tsutaya to rent. Maybe i should rent it...despite my sucky Japanese. I missed out on seeing it in theaters. Anywho, I'm sure a fan subbing group'll get it in some way.
I'm willing to wait. I always wait for at least 720p (preferably 1080p), I'm not gonna waste my first impression on a bad quality. The better than quality, the more fangasm.
Alright so I ended up watching a crappy quality version without subs but here are some thoughts of mine of this movie. One of my biggest criticisms of this movie is mainly the fact that the storyline could of been so much MORE.
Movie spoilers to follow: ~dred
I think the movie should of been more focused on Kurapika's conflict of having his dead friend being revived to be used against him and how this would break Kurapika. More backstory on Omokage and Retz would of been welcomed as well instead of having scenes concerning Killua's conflict with his brother although it was cool to see Illumi again. Other minor nitpicks include that the animation was just decent when I was expecting more of Tomoko Mori animation which we did not get. In addition, there should of been more action between Kurapika and co against Omokages puppets. I also didn't like how CGI was used for Chrollo's nen fish ability when it looked way more badass in the series. Besides that though, I would say this movie was at least entertaining to watch and it was great to see the friendship between our four main guys again and I did think Retz was pretty cool and I was sad to see her die. It is at least worth a watch for all Hunter x Hunter fans but I wouldn't watch this with very high expectations as it didn't have many memorable moments but it was at least fun to see so a 7.5/10 for me. I might add more things once I see it in better quality and with subs.
Moderator Notice: I agree. Until subs are officially out, any spoilers about the movie should be put into spoiler tags. X_x I know we're all eager to see the movie.~ kindredxiuxiu
Those are some nice images, and I'm curious to know what they all say (background info on the characters, I'm assuming?). The images of Gon and Killua with their official art from the beginning of the series looks kinda weird to me.