A little help PLEASE!! | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

A little help PLEASE!!

Lazzarus228

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
For over a year I been brainstorming on my first manga series. I been neglecting a all things not related to it's development. But I am not much farther now then I was a year ago. Here is a simplified overview of the manga...

A 16 year old boy named Varion (a placeholder name for now) is in love with comic book lore. So much so that he tries to become a hero himself. His journey uncovers a race of people called "Sleeper" who process remarkable abilities. In his world sleep is something that only children and the rich receive. At the age of 18 sleep slowly diminishes. Though there are drugs that induces a sleep-like state, they expensive. The generic version of these drugs have extremely harmful side effect. His mission is to find out more about Sleepers and to find a for everyone to sleep. What price would pay for sleep?

I just have no idea where to go from here. Should I focus on character bio? Character designs? Should develop the story and the world? Any tips you guys would be greatly appreciated. If there are any guides or anything you think might be helpful link it to me please.

Last edited:

AnkorSVK

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Slovakia
I cant tell you for sure but i will advice you from my point. You made an extremly rough sketch with this idea. I would advice you to create at last enough details for one volume. If you are unsure how much needed create it using simple boxing no extreme dertails chareacters i would replace with primitive scriblings for now and draw a rough BG with few lines.
You may end up with different other chars even though not longlasting but necessary for the story.

When you have that done you will have a lot better idea about how much and which kind of charakters (which personalities and abilities they should have ) you may need.

If someone more experienced gives you a better ansver just ignore me.

Lazzarus228

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well at least that's a jump off point. I thank so kindly for at least that. Like I said this is just a brief summary of pages and pages of ideas. I didn't want to give away too much of the REAL story b/c it's like no manga or comic I've read. The world I create is so vast it's like trying to tell someone about Naruto or Bleach that never heard about it. There just too many details that can't be overlooked. If it was a tv show this would only be just the first season and nearing the season finale. But thank you again for the advice. Will try that out and see how it goes. I wouldn't mind comment or constructive criticism either. In fact I encourage all forms of input. It would help me better form my manga.

AnkorSVK

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Slovakia
Whit criticiszm its a bit tricky. Due to copyrights posting deeper ideas isnt that good idea. You wanted probaly some kind of reference. The problem is that i dont think there are many ppl with experience in writing comics who would freely give you know-how.
What i can tell you the most important thing is a catching plot. The main idea aint that important. Some ppl may have some great ideas however they are unable to create and hold some amounth of tension and the story fails. (thas a point i fail at so i stick only to drawing).

Lazzarus228

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thank you once again. You've been very helpful.