Theory - A theory on Titans in the Walls | Page 4 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Theory A theory on Titans in the Walls

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Re: A theory on Titans in the Walls (Spoilers)

I can't imagine just how 20 titans could have possibly built the walls. The walls were already proven to cover a territory as large as country which means the 3 walls extent for thousands of kms.

Crazy thought, what if there is one titan between each pillar in the wall?

kannazuki

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada

That's actually more along the lines of how I originally envisioned it...

thanapon

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Thailand

You can ignore both the protruding and the waive along the wall while still get reasonable approximation.

Utsune

風立ちぬ いざ生きめやも
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire

I can't imagine just how 20 titans could have possibly built the walls. The walls were already proven to cover a territory as large as country which means the 3 walls extent for thousands of kms.

Crazy thought, what if there is one titan between each pillar in the wall?
Yeah that's what I thought too, until I re-read and saw this:
The thing's not exactly standing behind the 'pillar' bit, nor is it in the centre of the 'space.' It looks more like you could have 1.5 for each 'pillar.'

And also on a different note, (with regards to the composition of the wall) there's this bit:

(1) There're no 'layering' (and hence coating) in the composition of the Wall, as it appears.
(2) Its face is kinda stuck to the Wall, as if it just stood there for its concrete bath during the Wall construction.

Not sure what these could suggest. Just putting out there :oh

---------- Post added at 06:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:51 PM ----------

You can ignore both the protruding and the waive along the wall while still get reasonable approximation.
Yeah, compared to 400 000, the protruding only contributes maybe 1000 at most (assuming 100 for each of the 12 protruding zones judging from the pic,) so the protruding can be ignored. The imperfectness of the circle though (if that's what you mean by the wave) can give you 10% - 30% extra... don't forget it's not just the circle being 'wavey,' elevation (eg. hills) can add to the true length of the Walls, too. So I think this value is somewhat significant, but difficult to estimate :)

gnut

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

just want to say a few things...
it has always bothered me why they built a round wall/s...I think that the walls aren't loaded with titans but rather staggered about the terrain.which forced a circle design instead of the normal easier to build square/rectangle shaped wall/s....

as far as how/what happened to these titans...maybe it was a natural occurance,like maybe an extended eclipse,volcanic ash blocking the sun,etc,etc...
this maybe a good explaination of why the walls are symbolic to the religion of the cult...they may have seen this freezing/paralysis/idle state of the titans and perceived it as "god's doing"....

also,the horses...I believe 100/80/60/etc yrs of training/feeding their breed of horse...I could see those breeds evolving into a more durable swiftier breed in that time.hell,even in just a couple of generations of breeding...I don't know horses but I know dogs.within 3/4/5 litters with various mates/couples I could pull out some very dominate traits in the dogs that I want in my breed...long story short,same with the horses....

Last edited:

ArielCeres

Reaction score
Country
Brazil

Sorry for my english. >.>

Is known that the walls got prepared many years before human own it, before titan appearance.

My theory: isn't man made. Not humans made it, titan civilization do it and lived there before humanity.
So, a titan faction(maybe shifters) lived, leave it for some reason, left for humanity.

zetsu banned

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States

Nope; titan crystal, like the stuff Annie encased herself within. Armin and/or Hange speculated there were more titans in the walls. Sorry I can't remember the chapter right now... (but this is why the wall cult was so opposed to major maintenance on the walls-- both because nothing is stronger than that crystal and because the titans could be discovered)
The crystal Annie is encased in, the hardened skin she and Reiner use, and the wall material all seem to be different. The wall material is much weaker, which makes sense. It's spread awful thin I'd imagine compared to the densest type that Annie used.

kannazuki

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Canada

The wall crystal isn't visible. The outer visible layer is just plain cement or similar. The crystalline material would form a solid barrier underneath, fusing titan to titan presumably along the entire length of the wall.

zetsu banned

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States

The wall crystal isn't visible. The outer visible layer is just plain cement or similar. The crystalline material would form a solid barrier underneath, fusing titan to titan presumably along the entire length of the wall.
The wall seems to be homogeneous all the way through. I guess it could be stronger in the center-most point but every time we've seen a titan's hardening ability, there is no gradient between hardnesses. I get what you mean, but it seems more feasible to me that properly ordered titans can create material out of many thickness/densities, rather than all the titans standing still and only being joined by the hands or something as they're very, very, very, very, very, very slowly covered in perfectly sculpted concrete. Remember what Armin said about there never being renovation done on the walls and how there's no inner workings, just titans. Concrete doesn't do that on its own (or anything else).

Last edited:

kannazuki

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Canada

Just to make sure we're on the same page, the way I view it is consistent with that image. All that's cracked and crumbled there is just the regular concrete (or whatever). On the *inside*, what I imagine is titans frozen like... well... clear crystal popsicles.
Not literally the exact shape or that kind of thickness though of course. :p (And obviously not overlapping.)

Beatrice

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany

I'm wondering if there is more to Bertholdts Titan form than it seems when I think about Titans within the wall.

Colossal Titans inside the Walls.
Each time Bertholdt transformed was when in contact with a Wall.

eton

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

My theory: isn't man made. Not humans made it, titan civilization do it and lived there before humanity.
So, a titan faction(maybe shifters) lived, leave it for some reason, left for humanity.
Woah, crazy thought, but what if this was originally a shifter-built civilisation which regular humans kicked the shifters OUT OF, like stole from them, and so BAR sought to wipe out humanity as vengeance to reclaim the territory for shifters. I mean, yes, shifters have much more of a chance fighting titans than regular humans do, but they can still be swamped by titans and eaten once they're too exhausted to fight on. So even shifters as a society would have to construct walls to stop themselves from being wiped out...

Solace Kane

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

Woah, crazy thought, but what if this was originally a shifter-built civilisation which regular humans kicked the shifters OUT OF, like stole from them, and so BAR sought to wipe out humanity as vengeance to reclaim the territory for shifters. I mean, yes, shifters have much more of a chance fighting titans than regular humans do, but they can still be swamped by titans and eaten once they're too exhausted to fight on. So even shifters as a society would have to construct walls to stop themselves from being wiped out...
That would make alot of sense especially if you think of it in this line of thought:

Shifter civilization(species numbers in maybe thousands,are in a way immortal and unable to reproduce) encounters human civilization (numbers in millions, can reproduce) a war breaks out becuase of humans natural fear to titans becuase of their size abilities etc

shifters are almost wiped out in war to extinction so they retreat to an area undiscovered by humans and regroup and recouperate, building the current city our characters are in

select titans aka guardians are chosen to speed up building of walls for this haven for shifters

somewhere down the line like you guys said , shifters are displaced out their haven by humans who win by sheer force of numbers

generations pass and titans and the war of the past become fairytale like in status and the humans stay within walls

meanwhile the shifters that survived (willing to bet erens dad is one of the original ones, helped hatch a plot to retake haven and get revenge on humans as well as find a way for titans to reproduce) begin research on how to bolster thier numbers

erens dad integrates himself into current human society gathering intel on humans, has a family and kids (possibly as cover) realizes eren has potential as a hybrid and is the key since he is a hybrid offspring titan/human to making and reproducing titans, which would explain the serum he injects eren with maybe it was a catalyst that reacts with erens blood that his father developed. and would also explain the current happenings of why eren was able to make the other titans do what they did since he would be the source basically.

(sorry for the rambling havent slept in 2 days , but thats what came to me after reading the chapter and these comments)

kannazuki

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Canada

The only thing about these theories is that I don't understand how the shifters would be beaten by regular humans if the best thing they had in the past were good cannons. The only way I can see this working is if the mindless titans were originally created by regular humans in order to attack Warriors/shifters (which would be awful because they'd essentially be sacrificing people to "die" ...until they could eat a shifter I guess, if it does in fact turn out that eating shifters will bring them back to consciousness). But in that case, the power would have been stolen by the Warriors from the humans at some point (or perhaps duplicated, while destroying the humans' version), and not be originally theirs.

MajiinX

Reaction score
Country
Dragonstone

I'm wondering if there is more to Bertholdts Titan form than it seems when I think about Titans within the wall.

Colossal Titans inside the Walls.
Each time Bertholdt transformed was when in contact with a Wall.
OMG I never thought of this, this really makes so much sense. Plus ever time he did transform he was hardly mobile at all and extremely slow. It makes sense since Reiner had no problem shifting again yet bert seemed almost helpless the entire time they have been fleeing from the scouting legion and titans.

Solace Kane

Reaction score
Country
United States

The only thing about these theories is that I don't understand how the shifters would be beaten by regular humans if the best thing they had in the past were good cannons. The only way I can see this working is if the mindless titans were originally created by regular humans in order to attack Warriors/shifters (which would be awful because they'd essentially be sacrificing people to "die" ...until they could eat a shifter I guess, if it does in fact turn out that eating shifters will bring them back to consciousness). But in that case, the power would have been stolen by the Warriors from the humans at some point (or perhaps duplicated, while destroying the humans' version), and not be originally theirs.
like i said, sheer mass of numbers. Just like in the game starcraft, sure the protoss and humans have better technology but the zerg made up most of thier might through numbers. Also, I have seen in many other stories where humanity was at one point advanced and becuase of some cataclysmic event or war technology regressed back to a certain point and the past basically became folklore.

MajiinX

Reaction score
Country
Dragonstone

like i said, sheer mass of numbers. Just like in the game starcraft, sure the protoss and humans have better technology but the zerg made up most of thier might through numbers. Also, I have seen in many other stories where humanity was at one point advanced and becuase of some cataclysmic event or war technology regressed back to a certain point and the past basically became folklore.
Its funny you mention starcraft and the zerg. Its possible that the titans functioned like the zerg with "Coordinates" functioning as a hive mind and the mindless titans functioning like zerglings and drones.

quoux

Reaction score
Country
United States

What if they were turned into titans against their will and then made to stand in a circle? Would be kinda cool.

epictoads

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Paster Nick was really stern to Hanji about covering up the Titan. Not just to prevent people seeing it, he wanted to stop it waking up. Of course if it was in there at it's own will I doubt it would break out or anything. This would suggest they were forced in there. But there's no feasible way to force an army of 50m Titans into making a wall. A coordinate would be the obvious answer but then that means the coordinate can also control shifters? Unless they were mindless Colossal Titans (but then that would also suggest Bert's form isn't anything special when Reiner and Annie's clearly are). Also that "mindless Titans" can be made to be Colossal.

So from what we have so far it means either that there can be "Mindless Colossal Titans", or Coordinates can control shifters (and maybe even turn humans into Titans?).

exotica

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

Paster Nick was really stern to Hanji about covering up the Titan. Not just to prevent people seeing it, he wanted to stop it waking up. Of course if it was in there at it's own will I doubt it would break out or anything. This would suggest they were forced in there. But there's no feasible way to force an army of 50m Titans into making a wall. A coordinate would be the obvious answer but then that means the coordinate can also control shifters? Unless they were mindless Colossal Titans (but then that would also suggest Bert's form isn't anything special when Reiner and Annie's clearly are). Also that "mindless Titans" can be made to be Colossal.

So from what we have so far it means either that there can be "Mindless Colossal Titans", or Coordinates can control shifters (and maybe even turn humans into Titans?).
I think Pastor Nick didn't want any of them to see it because people would freak out. And since humanity hates them, it will make more sense since the extreme haters will want to take them out, killing them, as they wouldn't want to be protected by army of Colossal titans. I think the titans are inside the walls on their own decision, and since most of the humans don't know what actually is the past behind the army of giants, except for wallists, they were told not to leak out the information. Perhaps the king knows what actually is the past. But Historia would do, for now.

Since we have seen shifters in a rather rare form than the original titans, I think that mindless colossal titans would be destructive. Except for Eren, whose form is rather similar to the original ones and ymir's (but she regained consciousness by eating a shifter) the rest (RAB) have rather flesh outside the skin. This is such a crappy theory of mine, but I think that the outside appearance does matter in telling whose a shifter and whose the original. But, it did scare them out of wits when eren used his coordinate powers at every titan, but still they didn't get influence..