Discussion - About the series potential | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion About the series potential

Venom

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Out of all the mashima series ez had the best start plot wise lmao I don't know what this dude is blabbering

EmberSpirit

Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
So more biased opinion over FT than series itself. 47 chapters in it has done things better and different than FT. Idk what or where you coming at it's the same and not doing better.
Only thing different is sci-fi fantasy so you can see bunch of pop culture references like vr games and youtubers. That doesn't make it better or worse. Searching for the giant space mother and recruiting girls for fanservice. Oracion Seis villain reveal because we haven't seen it two times before. What's interesting or better about EZ? Definitely not action or characters, it's more bland than Fairy Tail without the versatility of magic.

Why are they searching for mother again? Maybe the reason for their adventure was the good part about the story, I forgot.
Out of all the mashima series ez had the best start plot wise lmao I don't know what this dude is blabbering
Yes, you mean the plot. I see it now.

Son Detective Asurei

Reaction score
Country
United States
So more biased opinion over FT than series itself. 47 chapters in it has done things better and different than FT. Idk what or where you coming at it's the same and not doing better.
I can understand your point of view. But I feel that its true that Fairy Tail had a better start because FT’s beginning was much slower paced and it was trying to establish itself as a series. But the only thing Eden Zero has over FT is the fact that the goal established in the start is being achieved, but there is a massive flaw with it and that is the pacing.

As you all may have noticed that in the story, Hiro Mashima took some concepts from Seven Deadly Sins for the goal at hand, which is to find the Four best warriors of the Demon King which reminisces finding the Seven Sins. Now here is the promblem. It took Nakaba over hundred chapters to introduce and find all the Seven Deadly Sins, yet Hiro Mashima is reaching the goal to quickly, and the story is not even in its 50th chapter.😔
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

One thing in the story that I’m really hoping for, but I don’t expect is that Shiki being a much more interesting and Better character than Haru and Natsu. Because one thing I’m sick and tired of Hiro Mashima, is the fact that his Main Characters are too simplistic.

I guess the reason I feel this way is because I’m used to reading really good and complex characters like Yūsuke or Guts or Kenshin.

King Moe

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Only thing different is sci-fi fantasy so you can see bunch of pop culture references like vr games and youtubers. That doesn't make it better or worse. Searching for the giant space mother and recruiting girls for fanservice. Oracion Seis villain reveal because we haven't seen it two times before. What's interesting or better about EZ? Definitely not action or characters, it's more bland than Fairy Tail without the versatility of magic.

Why are they searching for mother again? Maybe the reason for their adventure was the good part about the story, I forgot.

Yes, you mean the plot. I see it now.
Not really seeing that at all man, sounds more like your being picky about it and hardly that it is to it with the series to boot. Your too focus on the early stuff than later stuff from how you worded it. I get opinions, but not feeling much with yours as seem heavily biased as your still putting it to stance with FT which is still on-going and doing stuff. If we are comparing early FT with early EZ, so far EZ is proving to be better especially on handling on characters more in both action and characters.

I can understand your point of view. But I feel that its true that Fairy Tail had a better start because FT’s beginning was much slower paced and it was trying to establish itself as a series. But the only thing Eden Zero has over FT is the fact that the goal established in the start is being achieved, but there is a massive flaw with it and that is the pacing.

As you all may have noticed that in the story, Hiro Mashima took some concepts from Seven Deadly Sins for the goal at hand, which is to find the Four best warriors of the Demon King which reminisces finding the Seven Sins. Now here is the promblem. It took Nakaba over hundred chapters to introduce and find all the Seven Deadly Sins, yet Hiro Mashima is reaching the goal to quickly, and the story is not even in its 50th chapter.😔

One thing in the story that I’m really hoping for, but I don’t expect is that Shiki being a much more interesting and Better character than Haru and Natsu. Because one thing I’m sick and tired of Hiro Mashima, is the fact that his Main Characters are too simplistic.

I guess the reason I feel this way is because I’m used to reading really good and complex characters like Yūsuke or Guts or Kenshin.
Not really. Comparing them off, I would say early EZ is doing better on it compare to FT especially we got to know factor that FT was never planned on being long-term so it make sense why it went into good stuff more than EZ which is more planned as stated in interviews about him. EZ got FT over in many categories so far. I am not really complaining on the pacing as it's still not everything in EZ and doesn't ruin it especially latest spoiler shows they haven't found Valkyrie just yet, so it's not going fast that it rushing, but in good pace.

Where you get the idea he was inspired by SDS when making this and that it is rushing? He stated he has more plan, so doubt we are hitting too fast when for all we know could be an twist of something bigger later on.

We still early, so you can't expect massive development of character change onto Shiki at this point. That's the problem as your comparing the ending of those characters with their series to an series still ongoing, so you can't say Shiki is too 'simple' when we have yet to hit hard on his development and so far he steadying reaching there, but not too much it feels like an rush of development.

Pretty sure Yusuke and Kenshin still took chapters before they have an very flesh-out development especially the former with being an young teenager more. Guts is something else specially you can't compare a Seinen character with Shounen character as they go by different developments in story and not same pace. Your expecting too much doing that with those two different categories.

EmberSpirit

Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Not really seeing that at all man, sounds more like your being picky about it and hardly that it is to it with the series to boot. Your too focus on the early stuff than later stuff from how you worded it. I get opinions, but not feeling much with yours as seem heavily biased as your still putting it to stance with FT which is still on-going and doing stuff. If we are comparing early FT with early EZ, so far EZ is proving to be better especially on handling on characters more in both action and characters.

Not really. Comparing them off, I would say early EZ is doing better on it compare to FT especially we got to know factor that FT was never planned on being long-term so it make sense why it went into good stuff more than EZ which is more planned as stated in interviews about him. EZ got FT over in many categories so far. I am not really complaining on the pacing as it's still not everything in EZ and doesn't ruin it especially latest spoiler shows they haven't found Valkyrie just yet, so it's not going fast that it rushing, but in good pace.

Where you get the idea he was inspired by SDS when making this and that it is rushing? He stated he has more plan, so doubt we are hitting too fast when for all we know could be an twist of something bigger later on.

We still early, so you can't expect massive development of character change onto Shiki at this point. That's the problem as your comparing the ending of those characters with their series to an series still ongoing, so you can't say Shiki is too 'simple' when we have yet to hit hard on his development and so far he steadying reaching there, but not too much it feels like an rush of development.

Pretty sure Yusuke and Kenshin still took chapters before they have an very flesh-out development especially the former with being an young teenager more. Guts is something else specially you can't compare a Seinen character with Shounen character as they go by different developments in story and not same pace. Your expecting too much doing that with those two different categories.

No, it is not better at handling characters at all. It gives no time to develop them unlike FT. You get a new character and throw them into fanservice the next chapter. It undermines them. This series makes it so I don't care about what happens to any of the characters, because they have no depth. Fairy Tail gave time to build them before jumping around.
Just look at the latest chapter, it's as lackluster as an action sequence could get. Doesn't even bother with the details of the fight. And look at the corresponding Fairy Tail chapter, which introduces Phantom Lord, if you want. Defnitely shows a better story progression than it, that's for sure. And considering it's the Phantom Lord arc, I highly doubt the conclusion of EZ's arc will be anywhere near Makarov casting the Fairy Law.

Last edited:

King Moe

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
No, it is not better at handling characters at all. It gives no time to develop them unlike FT. You get a new character and throw them into fanservice the next chapter. It undermines them. This series makes it so I don't care about what happens to any of the characters, because they have no depth. Fairy Tail gave time to build them before jumping around.
Just look at the latest chapter, it's as lackluster as an action sequence could get. Doesn't even bother with the details of the fight. And look at the corresponding Fairy Tail chapter, which introduces Phantom Lord, if you want. Defnitely shows a better story progression than it, that's for sure.
What you mean? Natsu and others weren't close in development as it was mission after mission with no goal. Also Lucy didn't help out much until later on. EZ handle the characters and their different dynamics better than FT which make sense since EZ is more plan work. Fanservice even in this has reason instead of out of no where like hot souring bath for Ether for one. The series adding more reason and consistency more FT comparing them.

Also wasn't FT originally suppose to end early? It make sense why it move to more action and arc like that. EZ building up to one before it reaches so again unfair to compare both when stated by Mashima he wrote them in different style in planning and story.

EmberSpirit

Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
What you mean? Natsu and others weren't close in development as it was mission after mission with no goal. Also Lucy didn't help out much until later on. EZ handle the characters and their different dynamics better than FT which make sense since EZ is more plan work. Fanservice even in this has reason instead of out of no where like hot souring bath for Ether for one. The series adding more reason and consistency more FT comparing them.

Also wasn't FT originally suppose to end early? It make sense why it move to more action and arc like that. EZ building up to one before it reaches so again unfair to compare both when stated by Mashima he wrote them in different style in planning and story.
I don't even know if you are talking about the same Fairy Tail so I'll have to check those early chapters again. Lucy had steady development through the entire series. Early arcs were in her perspective and interactions with the guild for the most part, and had some development with her family and spirits if I remember correctly. Galuna Island arc established Gray as a character for the rest of Fairy Tail. Phantom Lord goes back to Lucy and develops the guild and situation of characters like Mirajane and Elfman, even adding characters like Gajeel. Natsu and Shiki isn't that different as far as development goes. Natsu definitely had better reason for any curiosity for Igneel than Shiki does for mother. It wasn't in a rush, and that's the good thing about it. Eden's Zero isn't giving enough time. They might have their arcs later, but so far not much.

I don't think FT was supposed to end that early. Definitely not with Zeref and Igneel being hinted at the start of the story. Also there was a lot of other villains like Ultear being shown. So had to have 150 chapters or more for anything not rushed.

Last edited:

Son Detective Asurei

Reaction score
Country
United States

You’re right about most of this, but here is the problem.

Fairy Tail was a series that was over 500 chapters, and Natsu had no character development whatsoever. Listen, I understand what you’re saying when it comes to Yusuke, but here is the thing. I’ve seen YYH in both manga and anime. And Yusuke in the manga gets character development from the first ten to seventeen chapters which were not adapted in the anime.

Shiki has barely any character development. You can’t say the events from chapter 1 because that doesn’t change his perspective on robots or the universe in general. But he does have potential for development if Hiro Mashima puts the effort to developing his character and have him mature through training.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

I don't even know if you are talking about the same Fairy Tail so I'll have to check those early chapters again. Lucy had steady development through the entire series. Early arcs were in her perspective and interactions with the guild for the most part, and had some development with her family and spirits if I remember correctly. Galuna Island arc established Gray as a character for the rest of Fairy Tail. Phantom Lord goes back to Lucy and develops the guild and situation of characters like Mirajane and Elfman, even adding characters like Gajeel. Natsu and Shiki isn't that different as far as development goes. Natsu definitely had better reason for any curiosity for Igneel than Shiki does for mother. It wasn't in a rush, and that's the good thing about it. Eden's Zero isn't giving enough time. They might have their arcs later, but so far it'

I don't think FT was supposed to end that early. Definitely not with Zeref and Igneel being hinted at the start of the story. Also there was a lot of other villains like Ultear being shown. So had to have 150 chapters or more for anything not rushed.
He admitted in a interview that he wanted to end the series at the end of Tower of Heaven, but he continued it because the fandom wanted more.

EmberSpirit

Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
He admitted in a interview that he wanted to end the series at the end of Tower of Heaven, but he continued it because the fandom wanted more.
That would be an abrupt end then. Because it still had rest of the wizard saints, dragon disappearance and Zeref unresolved by then.

Son Detective Asurei

Reaction score
Country
United States

Also I didn’t say it was rushed, but it was feeling too fast paced.

By the way, what do you all think his first major arc, over 40 chapters, will be? Tournament, Rescue, War, or Exploration?

That would be an abrupt end then. Because it still had rest of the wizard saints, dragon disappearance and Zeref unresolved by then.
Actually Zeref was only mentioned in the beginning. He was truly and fully introduced in the story during the Tenrou Island Arc.

EmberSpirit

Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Also I didn’t say it was rushed, but it was feeling too fast paced.

By the way, what do you all think his first major arc, over 40 chapters, will be? Tournament, Rescue, War, or Exploration?

Actually Zeref was only mentioned in the beginning. He was truly and fully introduced in the story during the Tenrou Island Arc.
It was obvious there was some kind of plan for a villain with his "creations" and a cult wanting to "revive" him. I was disappointed with his full introduction though.

Son Detective Asurei

Reaction score
Country
United States
It was obvious there was some kind of plan for a villain with his "creations" and a cult wanting to "revive" him. I was disappointed with his full introduction though.
Hmm, yeah I guess if he was introduced much earlier it would’ve been better.

EmberSpirit

Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Staying on the topic of Eden's Zero potential. It all depends on how the world is built for me. I can look past the fanservice and copied characters if it focuses on the vast possibilites of a space sci-fi setting. I am not expecting too much stuff so just going outside the usual formula with small set of factions and characters should be fine. What's the point of a space setting if world building isn't up to it.

Son Detective Asurei

Reaction score
Country
United States
Staying on the topic of Eden's Zero potential. It all depends on how the world is built for me. I can look past the fanservice and copied characters if it focuses on the vast possibilites of a space sci-fi setting. I am not expecting too much stuff so just going outside the usual formula with small set of factions and characters should be fine. What's the point of a space setting if world building isn't up to it.
Pretty much since its a sci fi series gives it much advantage in originality and make stand out compared to other manga today. The only series that could have been sci fi and have a massive advantage over many different series was Toriko if wasn’t rushed.

EmberSpirit

Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Pretty much since its a sci fi series gives it much advantage in originality and make stand out compared to other manga today. The only series that could have been sci fi and have a massive advantage over many different series was Toriko if wasn’t rushed.
I forgot Toriko existed. Dragon Ball also had its sci-fi arcs. This series should take it a bit slower and focus more on exploration. Feeling like it's playing all its cards already.

King Moe

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't even know if you are talking about the same Fairy Tail so I'll have to check those early chapters again. Lucy had steady development through the entire series. Early arcs were in her perspective and interactions with the guild for the most part, and had some development with her family and spirits if I remember correctly. Galuna Island arc established Gray as a character for the rest of Fairy Tail. Phantom Lord goes back to Lucy and develops the guild and situation of characters like Mirajane and Elfman, even adding characters like Gajeel. Natsu and Shiki isn't that different as far as development goes. Natsu definitely had better reason for any curiosity for Igneel than Shiki does for mother. It wasn't in a rush, and that's the good thing about it. Eden's Zero isn't giving enough time. They might have their arcs later, but so far not much.

Not from what I was seeing especially in battle development as Rebecca got into handling herself more and getting to her character dynamic compare to Lucy in progress when I hear comparisons of both characters.

Not necessarily as they were already deeply develop from the early start and we had no deep feeling of how others felt for each other since they were already there minus a few that Mashima had thoughts on more. EZ is gathering and getting to know the characters a lot more than already gather together in the end. While those arcs did touch upon them. We will learn about characters more as the series goes and develop, that's the idea. It's in a better position compare to FT on character that kinda either rushed or didn't delve deep enough on story and characters especially down the line for the series.

From what stated in interviews, it sounded like it was especially since Mashima admitted to us that he kinda 'wing it' on everything later on, so he clearly never planned it being longer than needed unlike EZ which is more planned work. So Idk why few think he wanted to do more long-term from the start when clearly he wasn't prepared for it unlike with EZ which explains why the pacing and arcs are different between early on. You can't really compare them that deep if he was planning to end the former early compare to EZ which has more planned process to it.

You’re right about most of this, but here is the problem.

Fairy Tail was a series that was over 500 chapters, and Natsu had no character development whatsoever. Listen, I understand what you’re saying when it comes to Yusuke, but here is the thing. I’ve seen YYH in both manga and anime. And Yusuke in the manga gets character development from the first ten to seventeen chapters which were not adapted in the anime.

Shiki has barely any character development. You can’t say the events from chapter 1 because that doesn’t change his perspective on robots or the universe in general. But he does have potential for development if Hiro Mashima puts the effort to developing his character and have him mature through training.
Not that deep enough his personality change 180 though as that was for later on with Yusuke as he continue to mature about. While he did got development, his personality wasn't drastically different upon that. You still need to give it time especially process of different series can't always be same dimension especially their environment.

He actually does as he is more self-aware on things and learning stuff as he goes along compare to his start. Though that doesn't mean his personality should take an 180 degree as your comparing him to guys like Kenshin and Guts who have more dark past which make sense on why they have something with their personality, but not Shiki or at least nothing we know of his past yet. Which is why time is needed instead of thinking he should get an grand development at this early point when EZ is planned to be longer than this especially he has yet to be hit with something to hard enough to make an change like theirs. Maybe it might happen in the future, but for now there isn't deep reason he should be like them in personality in something change at this point.

Also he is still affective by everyone's 'betrayal' at Granbell as it has been brought up an few times and he still reacts in an sad manner about it, so wouldn't say it doesn't affect him as it does. Down the line it probably hit him harder if he does find an robot for pure-evil in the end which can affect on how he thinks of not just Humans, but Robots more along with every race in existence.

Valhalla

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Well RM while better written, didn't sell well and put him in depression, so of course he try on FT on expanded on popularity and sells since it did.
Depression you say :grumble this i am interested to hear more about. Explain further, cuz i have never heard that Mashima was suffering from depression while writting Rave.

After seeing the disaster that was Fairy tail
  • do you think that this new one is any better?
  • Did Mashima learn from his mistakes, the criticizm?
  • Can Eden zero become a better fiction than his previous work?
In my opinion:
  • After reaching the almost 50 chapters mark, i can only say this series has some great potentional, one that i hope Mashima doenst ruin. As it stands EZ has probably the best beginning till the chapter 30 mark , after that i think FT's Galuna arc is better than all current arcs in EZ, and the shit that was happening in Rave's Mystery of Elie arc in the 30s chapters just cant be beaten. So EZ must step its game up pretty soon, i think its time for a good'ol longer arc that would potentionally bring the hype.

• In some aspects he actually did. He went back to greater world-building, the cast feels smaller and more compact than an entire guild, the fights have some good choreography behind it (no real one-shots yet, against stronger enemies), still no sight of nakama gives me power speeches. But he does like to shove fanservice into our facaes quite a lot actually. Even FT did not have that much fanservice during the early stages and Rave had barely to none.

• It certainly has potentional to beat FT (it already has some better aspects to it), as for Rave there is a pretty big question mark hovering over that question. I dont know how he did it, but Rave got better arc after arc, there wasnt a drop in quality until the very last battle that had to be cut cuz of magazine and volume chapter number reasons, but even then it was pretty decent.
Also there seem to be a few chapters out by the time I am writing this,
  • is the series good at the moment?
  • Is it worth investing time into?
  • Are the fights filled with asspull power ups and "power of friendship" nonsense?
  • Is there a lot of bad taste and forced fanservice like Erza and Lucy getting their clothes ripped off every ten minutes getting tortured and stuff?
Coming from Someone who dropped Fairy tail after suffering through it for too long
Currently:
  • Its pretty decent at the moment
  • Yep
  • Not yet. The fights have a good dynamic and choreography.
  • It certainly has lots of unnecessary fanservice every now and then, but what can you do, the looks of the characters and fanservice did become a selling point for a good amount of people half way through FT, and Hiro will continue to deliver fanservice during the entire EZ run.
This is what i personally think at the moment :noworry

Last edited:

Son Detective Asurei

Reaction score
Country
United States
Not from what I was seeing especially in battle development as Rebecca got into handling herself more and getting to her character dynamic compare to Lucy in progress when I hear comparisons of both characters.

Not necessarily as they were already deeply develop from the early start and we had no deep feeling of how others felt for each other since they were already there minus a few that Mashima had thoughts on more. EZ is gathering and getting to know the characters a lot more than already gather together in the end. While those arcs did touch upon them. We will learn about characters more as the series goes and develop, that's the idea. It's in a better position compare to FT on character that kinda either rushed or didn't delve deep enough on story and characters especially down the line for the series.

From what stated in interviews, it sounded like it was especially since Mashima admitted to us that he kinda 'wing it' on everything later on, so he clearly never planned it being longer than needed unlike EZ which is more planned work. So Idk why few think he wanted to do more long-term from the start when clearly he wasn't prepared for it unlike with EZ which explains why the pacing and arcs are different between early on. You can't really compare them that deep if he was planning to end the former early compare to EZ which has more planned process to it.

Not that deep enough his personality change 180 though as that was for later on with Yusuke as he continue to mature about. While he did got development, his personality wasn't drastically different upon that. You still need to give it time especially process of different series can't always be same dimension especially their environment.

He actually does as he is more self-aware on things and learning stuff as he goes along compare to his start. Though that doesn't mean his personality should take an 180 degree as your comparing him to guys like Kenshin and Guts who have more dark past which make sense on why they have something with their personality, but not Shiki or at least nothing we know of his past yet. Which is why time is needed instead of thinking he should get an grand development at this early point when EZ is planned to be longer than this especially he has yet to be hit with something to hard enough to make an change like theirs. Maybe it might happen in the future, but for now there isn't deep reason he should be like them in personality in something change at this point.

Also he is still affective by everyone's 'betrayal' at Granbell as it has been brought up an few times and he still reacts in an sad manner about it, so wouldn't say it doesn't affect him as it does. Down the line it probably hit him harder if he does find an robot for pure-evil in the end which can affect on how he thinks of not just Humans, but Robots more along with every race in existence.
He may have been affected by it grandbell, but it should have taught him in a way that you shouldn’t trust everyone you meet and know, which he does not learn and gets almost betrayed a second time during the video game arc in the series, which in my opinion should have been longer.

Depression you say :grumble this i am interested to hear more about. Explain further, cuz i have never heard that Mashima was suffering from depression while writting Rave.

In my opinion:
  • After reaching the almost 50 chapters mark, i can only say this series has some great potentional, one that i hope Mashima doenst ruin. As it stands EZ has probably the best beginning till the chapter 30 mark , after that i think FT's Galuna arc is better than all current arcs in EZ, and the shit that was happening in Rave's Mystery of Elie arc in the 30s chapters just cant be beat. So EZ must step its game up pretty soon, i think its time for a good'ol longer arc that would potentionally bring the hype.

• In some aspects he actually did. He went back to greater world-building, the cast feels smaller and more compact than an entire guild, the fights have some good choreography behind it (no real one-shots yet, against stronger enemies), still no sight of nakama gives me power speeches. But he does like to shove fanservice into our facaes quite a lot actually. Even FT did not have that much fanservice during the early stages and Rave had barely to none.

• It certainly has potentional to beat FT (it already has some better aspects to it), as for Rave there is a pretty big question mark hovering over that question. I dont know how he did it, but Rave got better arc after arc, there wasnt a drop in quality until the very last battle that had to be cut cuz of magazine and volume chapter number reasons, but even then it was pretty decent.

Currently:
  • Its pretty decent at the moment
  • Yep
  • Not yet. The fights have a good dynamic and choreography.
  • It certainly has lots of unnecessary fanservice every now and then, but what can you do, the looks of the characters and fanservice did become a selling point for a good amount of people half way through FT, and Hiro will continue to deliver fanservice during the entire EZ run.
This is what i personally think at the moment :noworry
Yeah pretty much. The fanservice in Fairy Tail was what kept it afloat because if you stay up to date with the ratings in best selling manga, Fairy Tail during the Avatar, Tartarus, and the Alverz Empire Arc fell from 5th place to 19th place in just three years. Faster than how Bleach fell in ratings.

Kouichi

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Estonia
do you think that this new one is any better?
Its barely started but I must compared from the first arc of Fairytail down to the ToH Arc.

I must say... I kinda biased about ToH since it's one of my favorite arcs but I'm gonma have to say.. Yes. At the moment the new one is better (basing the amount of chapters from EZ to FT) Valkyrie's backstory really gets me. :verily

Did Mashima learn from his mistakes, the criticizm?
*looking back at the latest chapter of the sequel* Hard to say yes for now. But he's doing well in EZ.

Can Eden zero become a better fiction than his previous work?
Definitely!

is the series good at the moment?
Good? It's defo the best!

Is it worth investing time into?
Yes, it is. In fact I'd love to buy manga volumes, but I think they don't have stacks yet in our place.

Are the fights filled with asspull power ups and "power of friendship" nonsense?
None so far and I don't recall Moscoy getting treated by Sister as BS since he's a machine and Sister's a medic. :derp

Is there a lot of bad taste and forced fanservice like Erza and Lucy getting their clothes ripped off every ten minutes getting tortured and stuff
Yes there are some of, but it didnt baffled me a little bit since it serves a merit to the storylines too just like the panel of Rebecca getting tentacle'd back then in EZ's ship, but retaliate afterwards only to show she's not a damsel of distress than what the others think of.

Last edited: