- Joined
- Sep 9, 2011
- Messages
- 817
- Reaction score
- 188
- Age
- 33
- Gender
- Male
- Country
-
Del Ray Covering for Oh! Great's Writing?
So, I was checking out the official English manga adaption of Air Gear volume 21 today in a bookstore, and I found something interesting. In the back of the book, there's a section by some manga critic or editor who's name escapes me at the moment, where he explains that althought Oh!Great's art is amazing, his writing is even moreso amazing.
What.
This article literally explains how Oh!Great's sudden shift in the manga - that shift we ALL know about, where the story just takes a major turn - is supposed to be an example of great writing. They actually take examples out of the story and tell us how magnificient it is that Oh!Great can twist a story so.
Now, I dunno about you guys, but it seems like Del Ray just added that page to save sales, because they probably expected readers to be turned off by the major change from urban street myth battle story to some save-the-planet plot in the manga's tone. What do you guys think about this?
So, I was checking out the official English manga adaption of Air Gear volume 21 today in a bookstore, and I found something interesting. In the back of the book, there's a section by some manga critic or editor who's name escapes me at the moment, where he explains that althought Oh!Great's art is amazing, his writing is even moreso amazing.
What.
This article literally explains how Oh!Great's sudden shift in the manga - that shift we ALL know about, where the story just takes a major turn - is supposed to be an example of great writing. They actually take examples out of the story and tell us how magnificient it is that Oh!Great can twist a story so.
Now, I dunno about you guys, but it seems like Del Ray just added that page to save sales, because they probably expected readers to be turned off by the major change from urban street myth battle story to some save-the-planet plot in the manga's tone. What do you guys think about this?

. But Ikki vs Sora... BOOOORRRIIINNGGGG
I hope Thorn Queens will give us some good action.