Shounen Air Gear by Oh! Great

ghostexiled

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 4, 2009
Messages
3,536
Reaction score
2,857
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Air Gear 353 Discussion/ 354 Predictions

This is where you can post all the spoilers for the next chapter of Air Gear!

24 Hour Spoiler Rule:
  • Mangahelpers enforces a temporary blockade for discussion of new spoilers/chapters. This blockade ends 24 hours after raws are publicly released.
  • For series with a forum, please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release.
  • Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
  • Please wait 24 hours before posting any art based on new chapters in the art and stories section.
  • The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.
Spoiler Pics and Translations:
  • At Mangahelpers we only allow three manga pages to be posted directly as spoilers.
  • This rule is not judged based on the number of thumbnails but the number of pages pictured.
  • Please provide hyperlinks for any excess pages.
  • Please do not re-post already available spoiler pics or summaries.
  • International translations may be posted in the spoiler discussion thread. A moderator will add it with credit to the English translation in the spoiler pics and summaries thread.
  • Do not significantly edit your post after more posts have been made. Please make a new post if new spoilers are available.
For-Profit Download Links
  • If a for-profit download link is provided, we ask that a non-profit alternative is available in the same post.
  • Linking to another website with for-profit download links and no non-profit alternative also violates site rules.
  • Mangahelpers asks that members who may not be comfortable using sites that help turn a profit for pirated material have a choice.
  • Mediafire, Rapidshare, and Sendspace are all non-profit links. Providing any of these as a download link fulfills the non-profit alternative requirement.
  • *.usercash.*
    *.linkbucks.*
    *.tinyurl.*
    *.anonym.to/*
    *.xrl.us/*
    *.realfiles.net*
    *.sharecash.*
    *.shorl.com/*
    *.lix.in/*
    *.pgi-shumen.info/*
    *hotfile.com*
    *letitbit.net*
    *depositfiles.com*
    *tiny.cc*
    *uploading.com*
    *ugotfile.com*
    *depositt.blogspot.com*
    *cashfiles.blog.com*
    *snipurl.com*
    *bit.ly*
    *rayfile.com*
    *storage.to*
    *megaupload.com*
    *share-links.biz*
    *doiop.com*
    *filefactory.com*
    *missupload.com*
    *enterupload.com*
    *mangoshare.com*
Formatting:
  • We ask that proper format is followed to provide the maximum amount of information and best reading experience.
Example One:

Source: Mangahelpers
Credits: Ohana


http://img265.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539055332_03_122_77lo.jpg

Example Two:

Source: Mangahelpers
Credits: Ohana

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Quisque pretium nunc et ante condimentum eget fermentum velit posuere.
Proin sollicitudin mollis augue sed semper.
Aenean eget lectus eget risus laoreet convallis id non massa. Cras non urna vitae neque imperdiet rhoncus.
Quisque luctus felis ultricies eros mollis pulvinar.

Moderator Notice:
For future chapter providers... please do not create a new thread for its release. Post it in this Spoiler thread or PM me if it is closed so that I can open it.~ ghostexiled
 
Last edited:

rogueSleipnir

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 5, 2011
Messages
39
Reaction score
7
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: Air Gear Manga to End in 5 More Chapters in Japan

Maybe he'll just end the story in a climactic point.

Does he publish databooks?? Maybe he's planning to answers questions with those.
 

Drylick

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 17, 2011
Messages
84
Reaction score
4
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Re: Air Gear 352 Discussion/ 353 Predictions

Yeah it's Atral Mega. The Storm's Infinity Atmosphere. And it's one hell of a trick huh. Really a good one.

I think there's no need to activate both Regalias anymore. As I've said before, both of them can use huge tricks even without activating the regalias. But I still wanna see the Storm activated. And I think, given the situation, Ikki would activate the Storm to end the fight.
 

Sarex

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 16, 2008
Messages
98
Reaction score
26
Gender
Male
Country
Serbia
Re: Air Gear 352 Discussion/ 353 Predictions

I really hope they do activate their regalias by the end.

I get the feeling, Oh!Great chose that deal (not to use the regalias) as a get out of jail free card.

I hope I'm wrong, and that he does deliver an awesome 5 chapter finale.
 

LoS

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2007
Messages
3,308
Reaction score
1,368
Gender
Male
Country
Isle of Man
Re: Air Gear 352 Discussion/ 353 Predictions

I haven't commented on Air Gear in quite some time, mainly because they have just been so shitty I didn't even bother voicing my opinion, but come on it's basically the final stretch so why are characters personalities still so hot and cold Oh Great?
 

Lectro Volpi

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 8, 2009
Messages
378
Reaction score
69
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Mexico
Re: Air Gear 352 Discussion/ 353 Predictions

I haven't commented on Air Gear in quite some time, mainly because they have just been so shitty I didn't even bother voicing my opinion
The final epic battle is not so epic after all, sometimes I even forget I am following AG.

This is what happens when you choose the jerk (Sora) over the Classy (Kilik), don´t say we did not warned you!

I doubt this is the end for Rika, I know OG! can kill her off for the finale´s sake but...
 

DragonOsman2

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2011
Messages
337
Reaction score
14
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Saudi Arabia
Re: Air Gear 352 Discussion/ 353 Predictions

@Drylick: Again, I hope you understand that any and all Tricks using the Road's "element," such as "Thorn," "Sound," "Wind," "Fang," "Thunder," etc. are all part of the Infinity Atmosphere of that Road, since that term mainly refers to "how" Road uses the air. "Astral Magus" is just the signature Trick of the Hurricane Road's Infinity Atmosphere, it's wrong to assume that it's the Infinity Atmosphere of the Hurricane Road. It's got the same name as the Infinity Atmosphere itself, of course, but it's not the same as being the Infinity Atmosphere itself. It's only the signature Trick.

Of course, any "King" level Stormrider should be able to use his/her Infinity Atmosphere Tricks without the Regalia, they really only need them for the signature Tricks. The only exceptions are the Rising, Ring, and Over Roads, for obvious reasons.

Anyway, I already said this in another forum, but I'll say it here as well:
If Sora wants to break and defeat Ikki, the best choice, as much as I hate to say it, would be for him to kill Rika and Ringo, two of the most important people in Ikki's life. His love and his older sister. Part of the problem is, Sora himself loves Rika, just like Ikki loves Ringo (Ikki's feeling are most likely stronger and deeper, though). That's why Sora is crying, it's because he's having to kill his beloved (it's also why he asked Ikki if he could hear the "sound," that of his heart bursting apart). But it's still very low of him to even consider it. The freaking bastard, he'd even go as far as killing the woman he loves just to win a freaking AT battle.

Also, aside from breaking Ikki's will, Sora might also be trying to get a huge wind from the explosion of Rika's Regalia. He said "Rika, send me a wind of despair". That could mean that when the Regalia explodes, it'll burst out a powerful wind that Sora will try to use to beat Ikki. I guess that's one way to look at it. But if that's the case, Ikki could also try to use that wind against Sora, so if this is really the case, then Sora is taking a huge risk here. But that is, of course, if Ikki can pull away from the despair and prospect of losing Rika, and possibly also Ringo, in time to attempt to use that wind to beat Sora. Or to be able to do anything to take the win in time, for that matter.

And it seems like I was right: The "Null Wind" Trick, aka Astral Magus, is the signature Trick of the Hurricane Road's Infinity Atmosphere. Since this is so, then had Ikki been allowed to fully activate the Storm Regalia (which he hadn't done thus far, still, mind you), he'd have been able to use the "Astral Magus" Trick without having to use Sora's wind as his own? He would in other words only have needed the power of the Storm Regalia? I seriously do hope so. But I guess we'll never know for sure. But I'm still sure that, with the power of the fully activated Storm Regalia, Ikki wouldn't have needed to use Sora's power at all, he would have only needed the power of the fully activated Storm Regalia. He still hadn't activated his Regalia, since the rules of the battle said that the Storm and Sky Regalia aren't allowed to be activated.
 

Impossibility

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 5, 2012
Messages
4,545
Reaction score
1,195
Gender
Male
Country
Bahamas
Re: Air Gear Manga to End in 5 More Chapters in Japan

To me it seemed as though Air Gear had run its course, and although I continued to the read the manga I'd lost most of my interest. Even the current final battle has failed to excite me. I think it's likely that everyone realised that Air Gear should probably come to a close rather than attempt to drag it on. Although I'm kind of surprised about the immediate ending. I don't really see how a lot of questions are going to be answered, including the fates of so many individuals within the manga. Agito and Kazu definitely need some face time in these last five chapters.
 

Impossibility

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 5, 2012
Messages
4,545
Reaction score
1,195
Gender
Male
Country
Bahamas
Re: Air Gear 352 Discussion/ 353 Predictions

Soooo, the fight continues on. How many chapters has this battle been going on now? It seems like I've been trapped in this strange reality of continuous one-ups for months now. I honestly hope this battle ends in the next chapter and we're offered some sort of closure in the other four chapters. I don't really care if Sora, Rika, or Ikki die, I don't really care how either. Ikki could be a martyr for his team. I just hope Kazu and Agito are offered some sort of satisfying ending, considering that their character development and battles have been far superior to anyone else in the manga. I'd also like to know what happens to Sleeping Forest. Why; because they, despite their lack of pages, are also infinitely more interesting than Sora, who somehow has managed to steal the spotlight of far more deserving individuals.
 
Last edited:

Carnevil

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2009
Messages
852
Reaction score
174
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Air Gear 352 Discussion/ 353 Predictions

Who wants to bet me either Ringo or Ikki sacrifice themselves to save Rika? My bet is on Ringo doing something and right before the regalia explodes she'll say she admired Rika and with that little smile, then BOOM!!!

I love how the ultimate end battle turns into "You lose because I'm going to blow up two people you love" What OG couldn't have gone with the equally cliche'd "I poisoned you during the battle now your strength is fading."

Sora has turned out to be one of the worst end villains in the history of manga/comics.
 

Brandnewkid

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 9, 2011
Messages
817
Reaction score
188
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Air Gear 352 Discussion/ 353 Predictions

Null Wind and Astral Magus are the same thing, so . . . Why the name change?
 

Carnevil

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2009
Messages
852
Reaction score
174
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Air Gear 352 Discussion/ 353 Predictions

Null Wind and Astral Magus are the same thing, so . . . Why the name change?
Because this is Air Gear and tricks aren't legitimate unless they have some cool name (that doesn't describe them in the least) attached to them. Infinite Tremor Ensnaring Suffocation, Infinite turquoise Sonia, Numberless Grapple, Grand Fang Firebird, etc etc.
 

DragonOsman2

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2011
Messages
337
Reaction score
14
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Saudi Arabia
Re: Air Gear 352 Discussion/ 353 Predictions

Actually, their names make sense if you look at the "shadows". The Sonia Road's "Infinite Chain - Turquoise Sonia" seems to have roses with an infinite chain of thorny wines being used by a female knight in turquoise armor; the Wing Road's "Moonstruck Numberless Grappler" has multiple reapers coming to attack with grappling attacks, and Kazu and Agito's combo "Grand Fang Firebird" really did look like a giant, flaming bird. They go together well.

And "Null Wind" wasn't the Trick's official name. They were using "Storm," but I guess that wasn't really the official name of the Trick, either. It's "Astral Magus".

Ringo or Ikki, neither of them is going to die unless OG wants to turn this into a Tragic Love Story. There's nothing in this manga, so far, that makes it seem anything like a Tragic Love Story. The both of them are the main focus, theirs is the main romance. If one of them dies, the manga will need a "Tragedy" tag. It already has the "Romance" tag on it, too. Rika dying is more likely than Ringo or Ikki dying. And if Ikki and Ringo can recover fast enough (emotionally, I mean), it'll also give them some more character development.
 

Brandnewkid

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 9, 2011
Messages
817
Reaction score
188
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Air Gear 352 Discussion/ 353 Predictions

Because this is Air Gear and tricks aren't legitimate unless they have some cool name (that doesn't describe them in the least) attached to them. Infinite Tremor Ensnaring Suffocation, Infinite turquoise Sonia, Numberless Grapple, Grand Fang Firebird, etc etc.
Those names do loosely describe them though.

Infinite Tremor Ensaring Suffocation: Loosely refers to the "petrifying effect."

Infinite Turquoise Sonia: Mistranslation, "Sonia" is actually "Thornier."

Numberless Grappler: Refers to the countless number of "reapers" that grab on the wind when Ikki/Sora use the trick (wait, isn't this the name of the Regalia?)

Grand Fang Firebird: It's a phoenix created via the Fang Road and Kazu's flames.
 

Epic_Rider

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 15, 2009
Messages
1,698
Reaction score
1,832
Gender
Male
Country
Jamaica
Re: Air Gear 353 Discussion

Seems to be some interesting developments this chapter.

I don't need to read Japanese to know what was on that piece of paper. Just when I think I can't hate Sora any more...

Also, I knew there was a reason OG avoided drawing Ikki's AT clearly the whole fight, but I did not expect the last page. Looking forward to next week.
 

DragonOsman2

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2011
Messages
337
Reaction score
14
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Saudi Arabia
Re: Air Gear 352 Discussion/ 353 Predictions

Sonia is a name. A girls' name. In "Engurisu," yeah, you could say that "thornier" is pronounced as "sonia," but the name of the Thorn Queen's Road is still "Sonia Road". That's how it's always been written in the manga in the English translation. And, really, does "Turquoise Thornier" make any sense to you? It's "Turquoise Sonia".

As for the name of the Wind Regalia core, it's actually "Moonstruck Drop Bagram". According to Greek Mythology, the sky was made from moon drops, as Dr. Minami said to Sora when he gave him the newer Bagram (after combining into it those other 20 Regalia cores Sora had stolen from the Gravity Children he'd killed), hence the name of the Regalia and Infinity Atmosphere signature Trick.

Also, the only Road that has the same name as it's Regalia is the Flame Road. All of the others are written as having it are done for aesthetic purposes or something. Interchangeable. The Storm King's Road is the Hurricane Road, the Thorn Queen's Road is the Sonia Road, the Wind King's Road is the Wing Road, etc.
 
Last edited:

suarhnir

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2006
Messages
736
Reaction score
448
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Air Gear 353 Discussion

Seems to be some interesting developments this chapter.

I don't need to read Japanese to know what was on that piece of paper. Just when I think I can't hate Sora any more...

Also, I knew there was a reason OG avoided drawing Ikki's AT clearly the whole fight, but I did not expect the last page. Looking forward to next week.
oyos

well f***... ringo was wearing the regalia the entire time. and it isn't japanese, it is chinese from that teiba forum. if you see nothing but kanji, then it is chinese.

ah, but the loophole to use the storm regalia has been realized... it was ikki's rule for sora or ikki to not activate their regalias, but it turns out that neither of them were wearing the sky or storm regalia to begin with. at least we'll be able to see the storm regalia in action now. **its due to long 'plot twists' like this that i hesitate on assuming certain ideas, like ringo having a genuine thorn regalia - but it turns out true that she didn't have a genuine thorn regalia but instead the storm regalia which was disguised in kiric's design of the sub thorn regalia (or was at least in a 'thorn mode' until now).

on the sora-rika side, you would think that seeing sora rip the pregnancy results would be more of a heartbreaking moment for rika. she was still herself before the brain charger was awoken in her, yet she still behaved as though he didn't do that and had some faith in sora...
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: wme

Brandnewkid

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 9, 2011
Messages
817
Reaction score
188
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Air Gear 352 Discussion/ 353 Predictions

Sonia is a name. A girls' name. In "Engurisu," yeah, you could say that "thornier" is pronounced as "sonia," but the name of the Thorn Queen's Road is still "Sonia Road". That's how it's always been written in the manga in the English translation. And, really, does "Turquoise Thornier" make any sense to you? It's "Turquoise Sonia".
Get off your high horse. I never said Sonia isn't a name. I'm well aware that it is a name. The name of the Road in the manga series Air Gear by Ogure Ito, however, is actually "Thornier Road." It can even be "Thornia Road" if you wanna get creative. The Edited Mangas just never realized it, so the whole fandom just stuck with "Sonia." The word "Sonia" has nothing to do with the road or thorn theme. Does "Turquoise Sonia" make sense to you? Maybe it does, because you don't realize that "Sonia" is a mistranslation. Oh!Great used "Thornier" because he's not an expert at English, but to anyone with a decent sense of Japanese-to-English translation it's clear that it's supposed to be "Thornier." The Thornier Road is the Road of Thorns; it comes from the Japanese phrase Ibara no Michi, which means "A road of thorns," referring to a path of struggles and pain, much like the road in question.

You can use whatever you want, but I'm letting you know that "Sonia" is a mistranslation. The Edited Mangas actually have quite a few mistranslations from the original Japanese version (quite a few lines of dialogue and jokes are messed up or omitted entirely), but I wouldn't want to criticize their work, as I'm grateful for the scans of the early half of the series.

Also, it seems I was wrong about Numberless Grappler. I thought the "Grappler" referred to the "reapers" shown when Ikki does the Trick. However, I forgot that in the Japanese version the Trick has an alternate Japanese name: Namonaki Kyōsō Kakutōshi-domo - Nameless Fighters' Frenzy. It actually does refer to grapplers, that is, in the martial arts sense.
 
Last edited:
Top