Shounen Air Gear by Oh! Great

dopeycheese

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 11, 2012
Messages
183
Reaction score
52
Gender
Male
Country
Uchiha Clan
Re: Air Gear 357 Spoiler Thread

glad the ending turned out this way, wasnt cliched(or was it?)
im sure O!G would hav wanted to answer all your questions but maybe those segments jz dont make good storytelling, or wasnt significant enough to the story.
So its all ended, see you guys in the other manga threads!

btw while reading the Edited Manga of 355, in the fifth page of dr.minami dialogue i misread "mother rune futhark" as "mother f****** rune" LAWL
 
Last edited:

S-H-I-G-U-R-E

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 28, 2010
Messages
1,014
Reaction score
380
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: Air Gear 357 Spoiler Thread

................ wtf?! Weren't Ikki and Kururu supposed to be "fated lovers" or something?! WTF happened?! I don't like how the manga turned 100 chapter from the end. And I didn't like the end as well.
 

suarhnir

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2006
Messages
736
Reaction score
448
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Air Gear 357 Spoiler Thread

oyos

well we didn't even get to see the 'date' ikki was supposed to have with simca either. in the end, it's still ambiguous as to who or what ikki really is but i am thinking that he may actually be at least a half brother to rika. rika's mom did have a rather 'close' relationship with minami so it could be that she did actually have ikki with him. that doesn't explain that bad parenting for both of them to just leave their kids alone like that.

i am still disturbed by the final koga spread and seeing orca in buccha's pants like that... wtf.
 

Lectro Volpi

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 8, 2009
Messages
378
Reaction score
69
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Mexico
Re: Air Gear 357 Spoiler Thread

I forgot I was following Air Gear again.

It ended, better than expected and with a long chapter.

Mikan, Ume and Nina were the last ones to be saved so Gabishi, Om and Onibasu were saved too right? I am really sad that they gave just those tiny panels to the members of Sleeping Forest. Gabishi's words to Emily and his road will remain a mystery. I hope for a Kang Zeng Bang for this kind of things.... more Nina please.

We didn't saw Benkei too.
 
Last edited:

Tame

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 26, 2011
Messages
684
Reaction score
140
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Air Gear 357 Spoiler Thread

I forgot I was following Air Gear again.

It ended, better than expected and with a long chapter.

Mikan, Ume and Nina where the last ones to be saved so Gabishi, Om and Onibasu where saved too right? I am really sad that they gave just those tiny panels to the members of Sleeping Forest. Gabishi's words to Emily and his road will remain a mystery. I hope for a Kang Zeng Bang for this kind of things.... more Nina please.

We didn't saw Benkei too.
Which words were those? I forget...

Yeah, on the whole the ending was pretty good in my opinion, at least in terms of the story. However, I agree with some of the rest of you: we didn't get to see enough of some characters in the last chapter. Benkei, Yoshitsune (I'm not a big fan of the whole now-you're-dead-so-you're-in-a-vritual-world thing but if it's going to be there then I'd have liked more of Yoshi), the other members of Sleeping Forest. Actually, scratch that, I'd like to have seen more of pretty much everybody - even Kazu, Agito/Akito, Buccha and Onigiri didn't get enough screen time IMO. I could live with less of the girl band stuff...

But I loved the last pages, especially the double spread of Kogasamaru (+Orca. Personally I find him living Buccha's "pouch" hilarious, but I'm weird. Although it odd when you compare that to how Orca was when we first met him).
 

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 8, 2009
Messages
8,389
Reaction score
12,177
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Air Gear 357 Spoiler Thread

Damn, I was hoping in vain that it would be revealed that Kilik was the baby daddy, oh well. The ending was alright I guess, everything went back to normal. Like everyone else said, I really wished everyone had a better conclusion instead of snippets of what happened. I still feel kind of unfufilled, but maybe i just need to let it sink in.
 

OtakuModeEngage

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2012
Messages
393
Reaction score
231
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Air Gear 357 Spoiler Thread

So did Ikki and Ringo finally end up together at the end? I wasn't sure, the last couple of chapters were so confusing.

---------- Post added at 10:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 AM ----------

I've been supporting their love since the beginning of the series, so its a bit disappointing if all this development lead to nothing, I mean, she even became his tuner so that she could be closest to his body.
 

suarhnir

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2006
Messages
736
Reaction score
448
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Air Gear 357 Spoiler Thread

oyos

technically, given how we now know that the storm regalia was 'made' for ringo, it would have been ikki tuning ringo.

the color open should more or less be the final standing of ikki x ringo pairing but who knows...

i think overall, my favorite panel was black burn telling nue that he finally got a job (and that he was a neet until then) XD
 

Lectro Volpi

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 8, 2009
Messages
378
Reaction score
69
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Mexico

Alexis

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 26, 2006
Messages
3,762
Reaction score
1,029
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Re: Air Gear 357 Spoiler Thread

in the end, it's still ambiguous as to who or what ikki really is
Where in the manga was it implied that there was something special about Ikki in that sense?
 

Tame

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 26, 2011
Messages
684
Reaction score
140
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Air Gear 357 Spoiler Thread

Where in the manga was it implied that there was something special about Ikki in that sense?
The last chapter mentions it, I think in the coversation between Rika and (presumably) her mother.
 

suarhnir

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2006
Messages
736
Reaction score
448
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Air Gear 357 Spoiler Thread

Where in the manga was it implied that there was something special about Ikki in that sense?
Oyos

There have been fan speculation as to whether ikki was a grav kid or brain charger or something. I personally didn't want him to be "special" but the fans were hoping for some light to be shed on this matter and in the end, there was none.
 

Tame

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 26, 2011
Messages
684
Reaction score
140
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Air Gear 357 Spoiler Thread

Oyos

There have been fan speculation as to whether ikki was a grav kid or brain charger or something. I personally didn't want him to be "special" but the fans were hoping for some light to be shed on this matter and in the end, there was none.
I don't mind that that was left ambiguous, but since his relationship to Dr. Minami was also left unexplained (I think; I may have forgotten), I was left thinking that he must be some kind of Gravity Child or Brain Charger or whatnot, but that's just me - there might be a right answer. Someone else here said that it feels like there should be a kind of KangZengBang thing with Air Gear - I'm feeling the same lol.
 

DragonOsman2

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2011
Messages
337
Reaction score
14
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Saudi Arabia
Re: Air Gear 355 - 357 Discussions

I agree with the Kang Zeng Bang thing, too.

As for what Ikki is, I'm thinking some sort of combination between a Brain Charger and Gravity Child, similar to what Gazelle was but better. Rika asking her mom what Ikki is at least cements for me the idea that he wasn't really just a human. Or else Rika wouldn't have asked, "You know, right? What is Ikki?". So, yeah, I'm pretty sure this at least confirms that he isn't just a human.

@Suarhnir: About the Tuning, didn't Dr. Minami or someone else say that Ikki's main Infinity Atmosphere Trick was used mainly to give massive "Storm Energy" to Ringo so she'd be able to use the Storm Regalia? If she needed that, then I find it hard to believe that the Regalia was Tuned to her. I'm thinking it was Tuned to Ikki, and she could use it because she's a Gravity Child. And she did also have trouble with it, even despite the Storm Energy Ikki gave her, which gives more proof that the Regalia wasn't Tuned to Ringo. So Ikki is still the Storm King, as well as the Sky King (I liked that he was also the one who used the 9th line to activate and use the Sky Regalia). The main reason Ringo was wearing the Storm Regalia was to throw off Sora. Ikki's plan was to surprise him by showing that Ringo was wearing the Storm Regalia instead of Ikki himself being the one wearing it.

Also, as you yourself quoted from the supplementary info found in the Tankouban version of Volume 35 (or was it 34? I forget), Ikki's Link Tuner, officially, is still Sumeragi Kururu. The only reason Ikki had to choose Ringo, or at least some other than Kururu, was that Kururu herself was occupied with the job of substituting for the Chronos Statue and creating the Storm Regalia, meaning she couldn't have done the Tuning. Ringo was there only as a temporary substitute for Kururu.

But yeah, as far as parings go, I'm still happy--I just hope we had gotten to see Ikki and Simca's "date". Other than that, yeah, Ikki and Ringo did hook up, the cover page of the Final Chapter shows that (as someone else on here said). And that makes me happy.
 
Last edited:

Olho07

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 28, 2008
Messages
147
Reaction score
31
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: Air Gear 355 - 357 Discussions

I agree with the Kang Zeng Bang thing, too.

As for what Ikki is, I'm thinking some sort of combination between a Brain Charger and Gravity Child, similar to what Gazelle was but better. Rika asking her mom what Ikki is at least cements for me the idea that he wasn't really just a human. Or else Rika wouldn't have asked, "You know, right? What is Ikki?". So, yeah, I'm pretty sure this at least confirms that he isn't just a human.
Still, I'll close my eyes to this scene and dream that Ikki is an ordinary human.
Most mangas place the protagonist as someone special. At least once, I'd like to see a normal human overcoming these super beings
 

suarhnir

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2006
Messages
736
Reaction score
448
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Air Gear 355 - 357 Discussions

Oyos

Just because rika said "what is ikki?" doesn't mean he is some gravkid or brain charger. Rika's mom tells her that they (as the women supporting their respective guys)should look after them (minami and sora). This implies a deeper relationship then working together, if that kiss she gave minami in the past meant anything. At the least, I think ikki is the biological son of minami and rika's mom, meaning to rika that ikki really was her brother. Though whether ikki may have been tweaked with isnt out of the question because that didnt stop them from making rika a brain charger
 

Brandnewkid

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 9, 2011
Messages
817
Reaction score
188
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Air Gear 355 - 357 Discussions

For a long time, Rika wondered if Ikki was a normal person because he seemed to be a "child of the wind." Then there's all the amazing things he pulls off. But Ikki himself never questions who he is. He knows who he is. He's an idiot that grew up with three fine girls, getting into mischeif every day. That's who Rika knows Ikki as too. So, Rika's mom told her that the Ikki she knows is the Ikki who is.
 

DragonOsman2

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2011
Messages
337
Reaction score
14
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Saudi Arabia
Re: Air Gear 355 - 357 Discussions

Yeah, I know, but I'm thinking of going with the option "he's Dr. Minami's biological son, but was tweaked with". He has the Hawk's Eye, which is said to be something the Gravity Children have, and they also talk about him probably having the Heart's Wing, which is a Brain Charger characteristic. If he has both, I really doubt he can be a normal human.
 

Rikudou King

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2009
Messages
11,640
Reaction score
6,369
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Air Gear 355 - 357 Discussions

Worldwide blackouts and gravity nullification, what a way to end this. And loved the Shinonome Nukko Girls and Ikki usage of the paper planes. Anyway, I have to say I enjoyed the ending. "Open the Sky" was great. Wasn't exactly cliche, which was cool, and despite there sill being questions left, it ended on a good note.
 

Ragez

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 18, 2012
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Saudi Arabia
Re: Air Gear 355 - 357 Discussions

I just realized, Ikki was at a disadvantage for most of the series: Rika never took off the weighted belt.
 
Top