Shounen Air Gear by Oh! Great

En Yang Ji

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2008
Messages
2,162
Reaction score
560
Gender
Hidden
Country
Riverrun
Re: Air Gear: Hangout

I don't think it's really 4 levels because Agito and Akito together, have a battle level that's a little higher than Ikki's. I think Lind is the only power-up that makes him a lot stronger than the rest of Koga.
 
Last edited:

kaizoku king

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 7, 2009
Messages
188
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Dominica
what chapter did these things happen.

air gear is a really complicated manga to me and i cannot remeber all the things that happen so im asking you fans for help.

1.which chapter did ikki ride on agito fang.
2.i kno i must be a idiot for forgetting this:facepalm but which chapter did the aeon and spitfire vs the bad brothers officially start.
3.it had this chapter where the team met the younger ummmm children of their school one of them has a long hair going straight up.
4.the scene where ikki saw the old ladies in the bath.

thx :D
 

suarhnir

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2006
Messages
736
Reaction score
448
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: what chapter did these things happen.

oyos

1. ch 74 (pg 12-13), right after akira and agito's fang showdown

2. ch 158, this is back and forth between kiric's 'testing' of ikki, but story arc wise its just after the flashback stuff that lead up to the sf break up (and battle)

3. ch 82, a bit after the little old man gives the key to koga's base.

4. no idea what you are referring to, unless you mean that old lady that went all 'boob-tentacle' on ikki during the agito vs. orca fight...
 

Alexis

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 26, 2006
Messages
3,762
Reaction score
1,029
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Re: Air Gear: Hangout

I just actually bought the first volume today. It's great, the art is beautifull. And it funny considering that the art is even better now. Hesitated on the decision for a while (considered Rurouni Kenshin or Eyeshield 21 instead) but I'm happy with it. I ha almost forgotten how refreshing the beginning is, and the few following volumes are even better.
I recently got the first Volume as well, but I already had most of it from monthly manga magazines.

An Air Gear section was actually one of the things I missed when I first joined manga helpers because back then it was a bit hard to find new Edited Mangas each week, and I had a lot of questions about Kings and Regalia, etc.

I got into it after watching the anime series, which unfortunately didn't continue after the first season. And that's a shame because I think the events of the manga started getting really interesting around where the anime left off. And the soundtrack for the anime was great. I have both Soundtracks. I love the different Chain variations. <3

I think Air Gear has gotten a bit strange and confusing lately, similar to Tenjou Tenge, but I still enjoy reading it. And hopefully Ringo won't have to fight Sora, because it sounded like a typical "girl confesses and dies right after" scenario.
 
Last edited:

kaizoku king

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 7, 2009
Messages
188
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Dominica
Re: what chapter did these things happen.

oyos

1. ch 74 (pg 12-13), right after akira and agito's fang showdown

2. ch 158, this is back and forth between kiric's 'testing' of ikki, but story arc wise its just after the flashback stuff that lead up to the sf break up (and battle)

3. ch 82, a bit after the little old man gives the key to koga's base.

4. no idea what you are referring to, unless you mean that old lady that went all 'boob-tentacle' on ikki during the agito vs. orca fight...
thanx im reffering to when he saw rika nee in the bath place with the bunch of old ladies.
 

king_crimson-

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2006
Messages
529
Reaction score
18
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: what chapter did these things happen.

chapter 41
 

Kazu-Sama

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2009
Messages
720
Reaction score
130
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: what chapter did these things happen.

not much more to add to this, but a shameless ploy to make it seem like I've been helpful :-)
 

sabret00the

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2006
Messages
1,736
Reaction score
216
Age
46
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Air Gear: Hangout

Hey guys, I'm back after being in the hospital for the past nine days with a burst appendix. Saw the chapter and was quite surprised to see Kazu do a trick that requires such an amount of stamina after being told off by Spitfire for using said tricks so early before.
 

CannedJam

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2009
Messages
241
Reaction score
28
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: Air Gear: Hangout

Hey guys, I'm back after being in the hospital for the past nine days with a burst appendix. Saw the chapter and was quite surprised to see Kazu do a trick that requires such an amount of stamina after being told off by Spitfire for using said tricks so early before.
Welcome back! :P I should like start a welcoming committee or something, XD.

Well, is was told off because of using "said tricks" well maybe hes improved and has more stamina for them. I know this chapter made it look like he fucked himself over, but I believe he has more tricks up his sleeve.
 

sabret00the

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2006
Messages
1,736
Reaction score
216
Age
46
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Air Gear: Hangout

Welcome back! :P I should like start a welcoming committee or something, XD.

Well, is was told off because of using "said tricks" well maybe hes improved and has more stamina for them. I know this chapter made it look like he fucked himself over, but I believe he has more tricks up his sleeve.
Oh for sure, whatever information Sano finally arrives with, will undoubtedly give them all a second wind.
 

suarhnir

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2006
Messages
736
Reaction score
448
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Air Gear: Hangout

oyos

i would laugh if aeon gets there and the battle is already over...
 

psycheamore

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 28, 2009
Messages
94
Reaction score
2
Gender
Female
Country
Bangladesh
Re: Air Gear: Hangout

I think Ringo will have to battle Sora. And Lind doesn't seem like much of a power-up. I think O!G's decision to bring out Lind in the first place was kinda good.


I can't seem to read 253. I can't read Japanese but what I mean is that I can't download it or read it on the web. Anyone have a link??
 
Last edited:

CannedJam

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2009
Messages
241
Reaction score
28
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: Air Gear: Hangout

Oh for sure, whatever information Sano finally arrives with, will undoubtedly give them all a second wind.
Lets hope so. You've gotta admit, comic relief or not, Koga losing Onigiri was somewhat of a fatal blow. They really need that second wind.
 

sabret00the

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2006
Messages
1,736
Reaction score
216
Age
46
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Air Gear: Hangout

I can't seem to read 253. I can't read Japanese but what I mean is that I can't download it or read it on the web. Anyone have a link??
You want a link to the RAW or to the Edited Manga, as the Edited Manga hasn't come out yet.
 

Pirulito

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 28, 2007
Messages
3,346
Reaction score
726
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: Air Gear: Hangout

So, I just read Air Gear 249(yeah, I'm a little late) and Kazu said "She's(Rika) my sister's best friend".

Kazu's sister has already appeared at some point and I don't remember? It isn't the first time someone talk about her...
 

Kazu-Sama

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2009
Messages
720
Reaction score
130
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Air Gear: Hangout

You hear (read?) her voice when Kazu's going out to train early on. I don't remember seeing her, though
 

CannedJam

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2009
Messages
241
Reaction score
28
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: Air Gear: Hangout

You hear (read?) her voice when Kazu's going out to train early on. I don't remember seeing her, though
And aside from that shes mentioned about once or twice.
 

eyesotope

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 4, 2008
Messages
691
Reaction score
65
Gender
Male
Country
Jordan
Re: Air Gear: Hangout

Hey guys, I'm back after being in the hospital for the past nine days with a burst appendix.
oh man! burst appendix?! I hope you're all well n' OK and it's all behind you now :)

I think Air Gear has gotten a bit strange and confusing lately, similar to Tenjou Tenge, but I still enjoy reading it.
Oh!G some times takes his plots through some very weird spins, but his art is beyond awesome, there were many moments when I was reading and couldn't make any sense of what's happening right away, but I still enjoyed it a lot because of Oh!G's art..

Kazu's sister has already appeared at some point and I don't remember? It isn't the first time someone talk about her...
Kazu's sister never appeared in person iirc but as CannedJam said, she was mentioned a few times, I remember when Ikki decided to move out from the Noyamano sister's house to Kazu's house and... http://www.onemanga.com/Air_Gear/143/10/
 

Kazu-Sama

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2009
Messages
720
Reaction score
130
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Air Gear: Hangout

If Air Gear is confusing, read through certain bits again. I re-read all of the Slepnir Fight, and the Brain Charger bit. Makes much more sense...
 
Top