Shounen Air Gear by Oh! Great

Norenche

Intl Translator
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 16, 2009
Messages
34
Reaction score
4
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Re: Air Gear: Hangout

Your username: Norenche
Your Location: Barcelona, Spain
Favourite Character: Ikki
Favourite Team: Old Sleeping Forest
Favourite Road: Flame Road and Wind Road (Ikki with the Wind Regalia was far too awesome)
Favourite Moment: Ikki when Kururu finally puts the Wind Regalia on his AT and stops in mid-air and statrs flying with it.
Favourite Chapter: The ones with Ikki with the Wind Regalia
 

CannedJam

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2009
Messages
241
Reaction score
28
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: Air Gear: Hangout

Favourite Chapter: 214, though my favourite arc is Kazu's reawakening (the occult arc that everyone hates)
I love that arc...not because Kazu is my favorite, but because it shows some of the best character development throughtout the whole series....and I'll be honest, It was amazing to see Kazu go at Ikki like that lol

I don't understand why people hate it?:(

Now..I hope I got this quote thing right for once
 

sabret00the

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2006
Messages
1,736
Reaction score
216
Age
46
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Air Gear: Hangout

I love that arc...not because Kazu is my favorite, but because it shows some of the best character development throughtout the whole series....and I'll be honest, It was amazing to see Kazu go at Ikki like that lol

I don't understand why people hate it?:(

Now..I hope I got this quote thing right for once
People hate it because they felt that Kazu joining a cult was too far fetched and too far from the story as we knew it at the time. A lot of the complaints that I've read are that people felt it just didn't fit. Though I felt it was highly necessary. That arc is Kazu's regalia.
 

Lillimarie

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 24, 2009
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Air Gear Hangout Thread

I thought it'd be a good idea for everyone to do a mini-Air Gear profile. We have a lot of new Air Gear fans and we're bound to get even more, so let's just fill out a small profile to help us get to know each other a bit better.

Your username:
Your Location:
Favourite Character:
Favourite Team:
Favourite Road:
Favourite Trick:
Favourite Moment/GOAT BAMF Moment:
Favourite Chapter:
Favourite Avatar (some people call em shadows, Kiric just had his mountain thing done):
Favourite Volume Cover:
Your username: Lillimarie xD Just call me Lilli
Your Location: North Carolina USA
Favourite Character: Ringo
Favourite Team: Sleeping Forest
Favourite Road: Sonia Road
Favourite Trick: ? Thorn Regalia :D ?
Favourite Moment: The Ringo x Ikki Fight
Favourite Chapter: ^
Favourite Avatar:?
Favourite Volume Cover:?
 

psycheamore

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 28, 2009
Messages
94
Reaction score
2
Gender
Female
Country
Bangladesh
Re: Air Gear: Hangout

Hello! I'm new here. I have been reading Air Gear since 2007 and I luv it like crazy! Oh!Great rules :)

Your username: psycheamore, but you can call me Amy :D
Your Location: Dhaka
Favourite Character:Ringo/Yoshitsune/Kilik
Favourite Team:Kogarasumaru
Favourite Road:Over Road
Favourite Trick:Infinite Stratum: Glabito Suffocate
Favourite Moment: Dunno
Favourite Chapter:Um, not sure...
Favourite Avatar:Orca's one
Favourite Volume Cover:Haven't seen em all :(


Question for anyone around: has Kogarasumaru merged with Sleeping Forest. Are they allies or something?
 
Last edited:

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,735
Reaction score
17,766
Country
Torumekian Empire
Re: Air Gear: Hangout

Yay! Air Gear subforum! Awesome, now we need one for HSD Kenichi, and then all is fine for the time being.


Your username: Ustegius
Your Location: Finland
Favourite Character: Ikki/Sora/Ringo/Buccha/Kazu, way too many :D
Favourite Team: Kogarasumaru
Favourite Road: Storm or Flame
Favourite Trick: Hmm, I must say I enjoy the simple not superpowerish ones, like wallscaling etc. the early stuff. Pile Tornado is cool though.
Favourite Moment/GOAT BAMF Moment: Hmm, so many.
Favourite Chapter: Not a spedific one
Favourite Avatar (some people call em shadows, Kiric just had his mountain thing done): ?
Favourite Volume Cover: Haevn't seen them all, but one with Ringo, can't remeber the number.
 

CannedJam

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2009
Messages
241
Reaction score
28
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: Air Gear: Hangout

People hate it because they felt that Kazu joining a cult was too far fetched and too far from the story as we knew it at the time. A lot of the complaints that I've read are that people felt it just didn't fit. Though I felt it was highly necessary. That arc is Kazu's regalia.
Weird, I think any type of character development is pretty much close to home. Well at first it was sort of weird, but then Ikki got involved in the arc and it suddenly become more clear. Its very necessary
 

makosan

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 24, 2009
Messages
13
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: Air Gear: Hangout

Your username:makosan
Your Location:Philippines
Favourite Character:Ringo, Yoshitsune
Favourite Team:Trident
Favourite Road:Thorn Road
Favourite Trick:Infinite Chain
Favourite Moment/GOAT BAMF Moment:Ringo vs Ikki
Favourite Chapter:132-140
Favourite Volume Cover:20
 

eyesotope

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 4, 2008
Messages
691
Reaction score
65
Gender
Male
Country
Jordan
Re: Air Gear: Hangout

Hello! I'm new here. I have been reading Air Gear since 2007 and I luv it like crazy! Oh!Great rules :)
hello! and welcome to MangaHelpers :)

Favourite Volume Cover:Haven't seen em all :(
you can find covers from vol-01 to 18 at the picture gallery Air Gear volume covers gallery
and Pirulitokun posted the rest on a separate thread on this forum here
I got them a while back from the volume covers thread at the Otaku Cafe forum, but it'll be difficult to locate the posts/pages where they are :sweat

Question for anyone around: has Kogarasumaru merged with Sleeping Forest. Are they allies or something?
officially the two teams are still rivals, but the recent events sees them forming a (possibly temporary) alliance..
 
Last edited:

psycheamore

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 28, 2009
Messages
94
Reaction score
2
Gender
Female
Country
Bangladesh
Re: Air Gear: Hangout

Thanks eyesotope :) Much appreciated... I've been looking for the volume 24/25 cover coz it's supposed to have many of the characters in it...

I've been thinking those two would collaborate... I have a feeling Ringo's going to get killed... It's pretty much one of my biggest fears... But at one point I thought Ringo vs. Ikki would be the final because the final takes place under 0 gravity and Ringo's the only one who can withstand it, if I remember correctly... However that would be pretty disappointing for a final in a shounen manga.

Anyone think Air Gear will end after the Gram Scale Tourney??
 
Last edited:

eyesotope

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 4, 2008
Messages
691
Reaction score
65
Gender
Male
Country
Jordan
Re: Air Gear: Hangout

I think that O!G will show us Ringo battling in the zero-gravity tower, that's why I don't think she'll die anytime soon if ever :amuse
 

psycheamore

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 28, 2009
Messages
94
Reaction score
2
Gender
Female
Country
Bangladesh
Re: Air Gear: Hangout

Heh, that's been my only consolation...


What are your opinions on Ikki's training with Sora? Will it help him battle in zero gravity?

And, will his new regalia help him?
 
Last edited:

eyesotope

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 4, 2008
Messages
691
Reaction score
65
Gender
Male
Country
Jordan
Re: Air Gear: Hangout

I wonder what a storm will do in zero-gravity.. but what I want to see most is Ikki forming his own road until it becomes different enough from the wind road..
so far what he's been doing are mostly what Sora taught him when he was a "wind king" contender, but I want to see him invent his own stuff for the new road he's chosen
 

psycheamore

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 28, 2009
Messages
94
Reaction score
2
Gender
Female
Country
Bangladesh
Re: Air Gear: Hangout

storm road... i guess it should be a mixture of the wind and over roads... right? the ramjet regalia's gonna be merged with core of the bagram. so i don't think his new road's gonna be that unique. but it will be sorta special... after all storm is just a version of wind... i wonder what the introduction of the ramjet core will do...


i just read up on the ramjet core. it will help ikki truly make a storm. coz it makes the wind spin with super high speed!
 
Last edited:

sabret00the

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2006
Messages
1,736
Reaction score
216
Age
46
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Air Gear: Hangout

I think we're all eager to see if the Storm Regalia will be just another Wing Regalia or whether it'll be something original. However there is a lot of scope there. I keep on imagining Ikki storing up wind in his regalia and releasing it at will.
 

psycheamore

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 28, 2009
Messages
94
Reaction score
2
Gender
Female
Country
Bangladesh
Re: Air Gear: Hangout

I guess it'll be special coz oh!great will glorify the moment. i expect ikki making gigantic twisters...
 

Maledicente

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 2, 2008
Messages
1,150
Reaction score
189
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: Air Gear: Hangout

Storm is something like overpowered wind in nature. And just like that it's uncontrollable and destroys everything on its way. It's a road that fits a villain if you ask me.
 

makosan

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 24, 2009
Messages
13
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: Air Gear: Hangout

Storm is something like overpowered wind in nature. And just like that it's uncontrollable and destroys everything on its way. It's a road that fits a villain if you ask me.
True that the term Storm is a little meanacing. But hey to beat a 'wind' one has to be more powerful than that.

About the the AG ending after Gram Scale, I dont think so, with the competition getting near to finish, some topics haven't tackled yet about the important characters then with new, out of nowhere revelations heating up at the moment. I guess it will be cool if this is just an arc (GST Arc perhaps?)

AG's world is too big to just end in this tourney right?
 

Pirulito

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 28, 2007
Messages
3,346
Reaction score
726
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: Air Gear: Hangout

Thanks eyesotope :) Much appreciated... I've been looking for the volume 24/25 cover coz it's supposed to have many of the characters in it...
Volume 24 cover-> http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1285363&postcount=1584

I didn't link it to Air Gear Volume Cover thread 'cause it isn't HQ version at all. ^^ My bad.

psycheamore said:
Anyone think Air Gear will end after the Gram Scale Tourney??
About the the AG ending after Gram Scale, I dont think so, with the competition getting near to finish, some topics haven't tackled yet about the important characters then with new, out of nowhere revelations heating up at the moment. I guess it will be cool if this is just an arc (GST Arc perhaps?)

AG's world is too big to just end in this tourney right?
I believe all question will be answered during the Gram Scale arc. I think no need to extend more
 
Last edited:

CannedJam

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2009
Messages
241
Reaction score
28
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: Air Gear: Hangout

I have a feeling there will be a wrap up arc afterwards, which will be very short, and then it'll end.
 
Top