Hangout Akatsuki no Yona Hangout Thread

How do you prefer the Spoiler/Chapter thread set-up?

  • Different threads for each spoiler/chapter (current set up)

    Votes: 4 57.1%
  • 2 constant threads (1 for spoiler, 1 for chapter) to allow for continued discussion

    Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Other (suggest in thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    7

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Lol these are nothing more than dream ships for tactical purposes Soo-Woon would definitely rather marry with more powerful royal houses in the Kai Empire or if he wanted to make good use of powerhouse dragons with Yona (and he clearly stated he didnt want to have their power), consideering his actions he wont be selling himself short in any marriage with Lily or Tao, but of course for their respective houses it would be great if they were just married off with Soo-woon, lesser nobles marrying the king lol (and I know Xing is like a small country so Tao and Kouren should technically be royals but clearly hold very much less power as royals with the constant lesser noble threat. Seriously Gobi has got some big balls to try and scheme that when Soo-woon has a ally like Kye-sook really big ones, lets hope they dont get cut off soon enough...:teehee
Pretty much xD It's the only decent play Gobi can make imo, but like you said it's not happening. Plus Soo-Won is too smart to get played.

As for a queen, Soo-Won has on a few occasions had this brought up to him. It's probably the only part he's neglected in his time as king (which is a part of Soo-Won's character too).
 

Linali

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2015
Messages
1,097
Reaction score
7,292
Gender
Female
Country
Poland
Chapter's out!
I'm glad, that Shin-Ah has only upper half of the body paralyzed, he's getting stronger! :spaz

Kouren shows high chances of being nakamized eventually. I'm glad to see her and Tao talking and relying on each other, I believe they can find consensus and face Soo-Won together. Maybe if marrying one of the sister is not possible, one of them may be hostage guest in Hiryuu Castle for some time. I hope author will show us the negotiations meeting. Up until now Soo-Won was always coming as a winner and could demand whatever he wanted, here's a bit different. He has upper hand, but this still can turn into bloody war.
It was nice to see Kouren carrying about Yotaka and Mizari. Even if she's being fueled by hatred, she's good leader, who cares about her subordinates.

Gobi and his visions :XD This guy should come down to earth. Seeing karma got him will be a plasure to watch. At least IF it will got him, unlike Tsubaru, who was forgotten by author in the heat of the battle (but I remember you, bi*ch :toilet).

Yotaka gained few point from me after this chapter. His loyalty towards Kouren is unwavering, but he can admit his mistakes. And still standing after being backstabbed - when it comes to toughness, Five Stars can compete even with Hak.

Tae-Woo was MVP of the chapter for me. Poor guy, he doesn't feel good as leader I think. Well, he's still young and was promoted not so long ago and imo, this arc may be great opportunity for his character development. He entered the scene like a boss tho, I wonder, what is he going to achieve. Does he want to show Kouka's (or at least Wind Tribe's) friendly intentions, or just couldn't stand watching, how wounded Yotaka is outnumbered and hopeless? Or both? Anyway, he finally managed to hit Han-Dae! For the first time iirc! I should mark this date in my calendar :dance
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
I laughed hard at Algira's first panel this chapter.


I agree with pretty much everything you said, Linali. There were some heavy parts in this chapter for several characters, a lot happened in those 30 pages.

And yea share the same feelings towards Tae-Woo too. He's young and needs experience as a leader. That's not the same as battle prowess, which he clearly possesses. To make the decision for the future of his tribe - this type of pressure is something he's not had to handle on his own. Essentially he'll step out of Hak's shadow.
 

Linali

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2015
Messages
1,097
Reaction score
7,292
Gender
Female
Country
Poland
Last edited:

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Those were great, thanks :) I particularly like the base pics for the cover.

I take it a lot of ladies answered Hak :heh

Soo-Won is my favourite character so I would have voted him.

Who are your favourite Yona character(s)?
 

Linali

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2015
Messages
1,097
Reaction score
7,292
Gender
Female
Country
Poland
Those were great, thanks :) I particularly like the base pics for the cover.
I love them too, although author could put more effort into Hak's pic's background, it's kinda pale :amuse
Who are your favourite Yona character(s)?
Jae-ha and Han-dae, but I like Hak, all dragons and Soo-won too. As Jea-ha already has 9 votes, I choose Han-dae, so he can have 2 :blush I'm glad, that Tae-jun appeared on the list, he's not my fav, but he's so funny, that he deserves it imo :XD Thanks to him Fire tribe arc is my favourite.

Now how about your least favourite? Mizari and Tsubaru for me (justice will got you both :-_-). I don't like Kye-sook too, Soo-won's sidekick right hand man - I feel like he has a stick in the ass. Juu-doh irritates me sometimes, but his interactions with Geun-tae are so cool, I can forgive him everything :D
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
I like Hak and Yona as well. Really the mains are all decent in this series. My favourite dragon is Zeno :)

Of the newer characters I like Algira the most.

Now how about your least favourite?
I didn't even need to read past this to know Mizari was going to be mentioned xD

It's hard to go past the 2 you mentioned. In my mind Tsubaru died off panel (one of Hak's bombs got her).
 

Linali

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2015
Messages
1,097
Reaction score
7,292
Gender
Female
Country
Poland
I like Hak and Yona as well. Really the mains are all decent in this series. My favourite dragon is Zeno :)

Of the newer characters I like Algira the most.
I'm also surprised to find shoujo, where main heroine doesn't piss me off. Yona went through great character development and it's not finished yet, I'm looking forward to see her growth. Btw, Yona x Hak or Yona x Soo-won? :3c

Zeno and Algira are somehow alike, I love them both too :zomg
I didn't even need to read past this to know Mizari was going to be mentioned xD
You've got me there, Randi :awe
It's hard to go past the 2 you mentioned. In my mind Tsubaru died off panel (one of Hak's bombs got her).
Let me taste this vision :kreygasm
 

A.ulq

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 5, 2016
Messages
323
Reaction score
659
Country
Uchiha Clan
Who are your favourite Yona character(s)?
I pretty much like every character in the series but I would definitely say Hak and Su-won are my favourites. Hak's character is pretty much self-explanatory and his slow character development is irie atm. And as for Su-won, I find his character to be intriguing. His uncanny charisma and secretive nature is really compelling but I became more fascinated with his character when he interacted with the dragons, especially with Zeno. I think Zeno knows something and it's probably related to that prophecy. I think that Su-won is either the shield or the king in the prophecy.

Since the four dragons have been gathered, I wonder when the shield and sword will show up (probably after Hak and Su-won reconcile). I believe that Hak is the sword and Su-won and Yona are most likely to be the shield. Same can be said for the king, Yona and Su-won are both suitable for that position. But, I prefer Su-won to be the king though because his actions saved Kouka from falling into a shithole and he is more of kings candidate than yona. As for his motives for doing it, well that's an enigma rn:XD but it's seems like each time there is a different motive for his actions. Furthermore, he has the potential to re-unite with Yona and Hak. And as for Yona, she's more suited to be the shield rather than the king considering her character.



Lastly, could the darkness part be referring to the upcoming war with Xing? (knowing Gobi, he probably has powerful connections and Su-won caught a scent of it or he probably knows some dark secrets from the past than he is letting on:3c)

So, what do you guys make of the prophecy?

Btw, Yona x Hak or Yona x Soo-won? :3c
Didn't ch 137 confirm Yona x Hak?:kappa
 

Linali

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2015
Messages
1,097
Reaction score
7,292
Gender
Female
Country
Poland
So, what do you guys make of the prophecy?
Actually I've never wondered about the prophecy too much, but I like your theory, it's very detailed, good job :zomg Although, Soo-won said, that he doesn't need/want the power of four dragons, but power of humans. Also he said, that he doesn't want to be a king, but someone has to (link). And as Yona is reincarnation of king Hiryuu, I thought, that "king" from the prophecy is her... Now I'm not so sure :p But I love the idea of Hak and Yona being sword and shield of Soo-won.
Soo-won's meeting with Zeno intrigued me. Zeno bumped at him and I doubt it was an accident. He's the most mysterious of all dragons.

Xing arc will end soon, so we should move forward. There's still many things from the past to be explained. What I want to know the most is: who the hell choosed Il over Yoo-hon as next king and why??? This is beyond me. I hope author will move prophecy plot and retrospections in next arc, because I have an impression, that she has forgotten about them.
Lastly, could the darkness part be referring to the upcoming war with Xing? (knowing Gobi, he probably has powerful connections and Su-won caught a scent of it or he probably knows some dark secrets from the past than he is letting on:3c)
Isn't darkness refering to Kouka's situation overall? Both internal and diplomatic affairs? And if it refers to some bloody war, I'd rather look at Kai Empire, they might be bigger threat than Xing.
I don't want to know Gobi's dark secrets at all :darn
Didn't ch 137 confirm Yona x Hak?:kappa
Shippers gonna ship. Besides, I like an idea of Yona marring Soo-won for political purpose. She and Hak will be like Lancelot and Guinevre :awe
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Btw, Yona x Hak or Yona x Soo-won? :3c
Don't wreck my Lily x Won ship 'kay :blush:handgun

Hak and Yona are pretty much set now (imo). The romance itself hasn't been developed quite like the rest of the story, wouldn't say it's bad or anything though (I like that it doesn't dominate).

I'm also surprised to find shoujo, where main heroine doesn't piss me off. Yona went through great character development and it's not finished yet, I'm looking forward to see her growth.
I agree. She could easily be annoying. She's scared in many situations and finds the will power to not just overcome that, but appear strong, like a leader should.

So, what do you guys make of the prophecy?
How you explained Hak and Soo-Won makes most sense for the 'sword and shield' line in the prophecy.

I've always been perplexed by who the king is in regards to the prophecy. If it's the reincarnation of King Hiryuu, then this is a combination of Soo-Won and Yona imo. Ki-ja couldn't move in Soo-Won's presence when he had his claw activated for example. So either Soo-Won or Yona could be king, or both of them. In that case Hak could the sword and shield, or the combined firepower of Kouka. This answer should be explained still. @Linali I don't think the author has forgotten, just hasn't touched on this much recently.

Lastly, could the darkness part be referring to the upcoming war with Xing?
I'm thinking more along the lines as Linali with this. The darkness was the situation of Kouka as the series started, which triggered the rest of the prophecy.

I see Xing as a similar threat as Sei (both southern nations on the peninsula), while the much bigger Kai empire will be the major enemy at some point. I can't clearly remember the situation in Kai, just that Northern Kai was subject to poverty; so people relocated to South Kai. So if I have to guess I'd say South Kai would become the greatest threat.
 

Linali

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2015
Messages
1,097
Reaction score
7,292
Gender
Female
Country
Poland
@Linali I don't think the author has forgotten, just hasn't touched on this much recently.
I just wish for more definite clues, yet last time the prophecy was mentioned was probably chapter 46, when Ik-soo said, that we have to wait longer for sword and shield's appearance. And events from the past weren't touched yet at all :emocat
I see Xing as a similar threat as Sei (both southern nations on the peninsula), while the much bigger Kai empire will be the major enemy at some point. I can't clearly remember the situation in Kai, just that Northern Kai was subject to poverty; so people relocated to South Kai. So if I have to guess I'd say South Kai would become the greatest threat.
 

Aonori

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 13, 2015
Messages
3,437
Reaction score
1,207
Gender
Hidden
Country
Portugal
I pretty much like every character in the series but I would definitely say Hak and Su-won are my favourites. Hak's character is pretty much self-explanatory and his slow character development is irie atm. And as for Su-won, I find his character to be intriguing. His uncanny charisma and secretive nature is really compelling but I became more fascinated with his character when he interacted with the dragons, especially with Zeno. I think Zeno knows something and it's probably related to that prophecy. I think that Su-won is either the shield or the king in the prophecy.

Since the four dragons have been gathered, I wonder when the shield and sword will show up (probably after Hak and Su-won reconcile). I believe that Hak is the sword and Su-won and Yona are most likely to be the shield. Same can be said for the king, Yona and Su-won are both suitable for that position. But, I prefer Su-won to be the king though because his actions saved Kouka from falling into a shithole and he is more of kings candidate than yona. As for his motives for doing it, well that's an enigma rn:XD but it's seems like each time there is a different motive for his actions. Furthermore, he has the potential to re-unite with Yona and Hak. And as for Yona, she's more suited to be the shield rather than the king considering her character.



Lastly, could the darkness part be referring to the upcoming war with Xing? (knowing Gobi, he probably has powerful connections and Su-won caught a scent of it or he probably knows some dark secrets from the past than he is letting on:3c)

So, what do you guys make of the prophecy?


Didn't ch 137 confirm Yona x Hak?:kappa
It would be funnier to see a threesome between su-woon hak and yona...:teehee:cheez

I personally think Su-woon is the "Sword of the Prophecy Yona and Su-woon recent dealings make me even more certain of this.
 

Linali

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2015
Messages
1,097
Reaction score
7,292
Gender
Female
Country
Poland
Wow, this ending :blink Who did it? Looks like Shin-ah's doing, but is he able to stop arrows with his illusion? And it looks like dragon came out of Yona. Pretty hyped for the chapter :spaz
Gobi's digging his own grave... Good :snidely
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
From Kusanagi-sensei's Twitter:
Kaya and Zeno
Kaya and Zeno + Zeno and Hak (scroll down to see 2nd pic)https://twitter.com/KusanagiMizuho/status/903035369716817920
1st pic
Kaya: Heeeey, Zeno, you don't have to carry me.
2nd pic
Zeno: Mister, you have my respect, seriously.
Also, second part of Sei arc drama CD was added to 19th issue of Hana to Yume; CD cover is the same as latest volume cover.
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
You could say Gobi was left gobismacked


Sounds like Shin-Ah at the end. I was wondering if this was a group effort with the dragon claw looking like Ki-ja's.

@A.ulq you might be right about the darkness being the war with Xing, well not war exactly but the feelings in people that Zeno senses.
 

Linali

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2015
Messages
1,097
Reaction score
7,292
Gender
Female
Country
Poland
Chapter's out

First of all - I love a title and I know to whom it reffers.

General Tae-woo played his role perfectly - he was calm from the beginning to the end. His reasoning for joining the party was kinda odd tho, "you're friend of my friend's friend, so I'll help you" - yeah, that's the reason why people usually help strangers. Or enemies, to be more precise. And him being pissed off for being called "kid" - poor guy :XD Yotaka could me less stubborn tho, his situation was hopeless, and if he really want to be useful for Kouren in the future, he needs to be alive first.

For now things seem to be in Gobi's favor. Kouren and her followers are acting too rough and nervous in this delicate situation. She should try to explain things to her people instead of stringing the bow. How simple soldiers can know, that Mizari was imprisoned on her order for his insubordination and "Kouka monsters" were hostages, when Yona was negotiating with Soo-won for peaceful solution of the conflict? Not smart from Xing princess.

And finally the moment I was waiting for - what was going on with this dragon? Seems, that 4 Dragons unlock a new ability. I hope it didn't cost them too much tho, they're wounded and tired (except for Zeno ofc). It looked like it was materialization of their strong will only, but maybe they'll be able to do it from now on whenever they want. The view was awesome :hip

Next chapter I wish to see Hak entering his berserker mode like he did during Nadai arc with Soo-won. Because I have no doubts, that he's freaking pissed right now. I don't want him to kill them, just look at them - it's imo enough for Gobi and his side kicks to be shitting their pants, it will be pleasure to watch :zomg
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Jesus I can't wait for Gobi's demise. It'll feel good.

Yotaka was hilarious. It was cool how Tae-Woo and Hen-Dae made Gobi looked like a chump... I agree with your points Linali.

The dragon was badass. I got the impression that Shin-Ah used his power to make that dragon out of all 4 of them, or did all the dragons do this? Just imagine when they're full powered and closer to Hiryuu.

Hak and Yona will talk after all of this :wtf
 
Top