Match Akutsu vs Shiraishi

Pick who you think wins.


  • Total voters
    12

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,102
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
He didn't want to kick Sanada, the latter asked him to do so (because Sanada wanted to redeem himself).

Also, nothing says that the stats are Shiraishi's without the gaunlet, so as far as I know Akutsu and Shiraishi have 20 (until Konomi says otw).

Akutsu's weak mental strength makes him hit attacks in which he aims at the players body with his power. When Shiraishi increases his swing speed he will be able to see through Akutsu.
...that happenned in the first arc in PoT. He didn't do that at all in the last match.
 

floman

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2013
Messages
257
Reaction score
24
Gender
Hidden
Country
India
He didn't want to kick Sanada, the latter asked him to do so (because Sanada wanted to redeem himself).

Also, nothing says that the stats are Shiraishi's without the gaunlet, so as far as I know Akutsu and Shiraishi have 20 (until Konomi says otw).



...that happenned in the first arc in PoT. He didn't do that at all in the last match.
He acts the same as he did in the first arc of POT. We barely saw Aktsu hit any balls in this match so I would argue since there is nothing suggesting he has or has not changed, one must think that he hasn't changed (especially since outside of the court his persona is still violent).

Sanada asked him to slap him Aktsu kicked him. Akutsu was obviously trying to throw books at Ohmagari. His favorite phrase is don't order me around. He is the same person as in the first arc of POT.

I argued this before, but it wasn't really discussed. Shiraishi has perfectly balanced stats before he takes off his gauntlet. Since only certain components of his game are affected by the removal of the gauntlet, it would suggest that the change in stats would cause him to no longer have perfectly balanced stats (ergo he wouldn't have a 20 if the stats were without him wearing his gauntlet). He must have improved all of his stats through rigorous training from 3.5s to 4.0s.
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Sanada asked him to slap him Aktsu kicked him. Akutsu was obviously trying to throw books at Ohmagari. His favorite phrase is don't order me around. He is the same person as in the first arc of POT.
Akutsu kicked Sanada because Sanada asked to be punished, but he didn't slap him to make it clear to Sanada that Sanada's not the person in charge in that doubles. If Sanada hadn't asked, Akutsu wouldn't have done anything. As for the Ohmagari thing, that's certainly true, but it didn't happen within the context of a match, so there's room for doubt in my mind. Sengoku commented that Akutsu's mentality in matches has changed, so I don't think Shiraishi could trick him into doing something stupid.

I also think that without the gauntlet, Shiraishi's stats are above 20, however I believe that Akutsu's flexibility is superior to Shiraishi's bible.
 

floman

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2013
Messages
257
Reaction score
24
Gender
Hidden
Country
India
Akutsu kicked Sanada because Sanada asked to be punished, but he didn't slap him to make it clear to Sanada that Sanada's not the person in charge in that doubles. If Sanada hadn't asked, Akutsu wouldn't have done anything. As for the Ohmagari thing, that's certainly true, but it didn't happen within the context of a match, so there's room for doubt in my mind. Sengoku commented that Akutsu's mentality in matches has changed, so I don't think Shiraishi could trick him into doing something stupid.

I also think that without the gauntlet, Shiraishi's stats are above 20, however I believe that Akutsu's flexibility is superior to Shiraishi's bible.

Does this count? Akutsu is hitting at Ryoga after being provoked and it is with tennis balls.

Also I agree Akutsu's flexibility > Shiraishi's bible assuming equal stats. I think taking off the gauntlet pushes Shiraishi over Aktusu.
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Last edited:

floman

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2013
Messages
257
Reaction score
24
Gender
Hidden
Country
India
Even still doesn't that show that he has some anger management problems that I think Shiraishi could exploit this.

I think one thing that we must be disagreeing on is how the removal of the gauntlet will affect Shiraishi's stats. In my opinion if Shiraishi's stats will increase by at least 2 thus giving him a big advantage over Akutsu.
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Even still doesn't that show that he has some anger management problems that I think Shiraishi could exploit this.
Perhaps. It also depends on what you mean by exploit. I don't see Akutsu getting psychologically broken by being provoked a bit.

I think one thing that we must be disagreeing on is how the removal of the gauntlet will affect Shiraishi's stats. In my opinion if Shiraishi's stats will increase by at least 2 thus giving him a big advantage over Akutsu.
I think it's +3 personally, +1 Speed and +2 Stamina.
 

floman

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2013
Messages
257
Reaction score
24
Gender
Hidden
Country
India
I think it's +3 personally, +1 Speed and +2 Stamina.
I always thought swing speed meant power, sorry I didn't see you had said this before too.

That would mean he would be as fast as the fastest middle schooler. He would also have the most stamina of any middle schooler. I think that this combined with bible tennis would allow him to overcome Akutsu's flexibility. The only place in which Akutsu would exceed shiraishi is power which I think he could manage. Stats definitely matter.
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I always thought swing speed meant power, sorry I didn't see you had said this before too.

That would mean he would be as fast as the fastest middle schooler. He would also have the most stamina of any middle schooler. I think that this combined with bible tennis would allow him to overcome Akutsu's flexibility. The only place in which Akutsu would exceed shiraishi is power which I think he could manage. Stats definitely matter.
No, remember that it's still arm speed and not leg speed. Shiraishi wouldn't be as fast as Kenya in terms of running by taking off the weight.
 

floman

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2013
Messages
257
Reaction score
24
Gender
Hidden
Country
India
So if the speed stat encompasses both swing speed and running speed, then would it also account for Akutsu's swing speed as a result of his flexibility?
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
So if the speed stat encompasses both swing speed and running speed, then would it also account for Akutsu's swing speed as a result of his flexibility?
No idea, we'd have to see his profile to know.
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,102
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Last edited by a moderator:

floman

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2013
Messages
257
Reaction score
24
Gender
Hidden
Country
India
So, you're saying that (because you found a recent page where Akutsu gets mad) Akutsu will try to hit Shiraishi in every single point of the match, and that's why Shiraishi will win? :XD
haha no I'm just saying that Shiraishi could get inside of Akutsu's head and force Akutsu to play to Shirashi's strong points. Without the calming presence of Banji, Akutsu could become uncontrollable when he gets mad.
 
Top