All-Purpose Contest Discussion Thread 2007

Uozumi

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2006
Messages
331
Reaction score
2
Age
41
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: All-Purpose Contest Discussion Thread!

When I asked about the Manga/Pages categories, I was told it was for fan comics (doujinshi). Like a strip would be a gag comic and a page is a regular panneled comic.
 

Silhouette

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2006
Messages
1,222
Reaction score
48
Gender
Male
Country
New Zealand
Re: All-Purpose Contest Discussion Thread!

Uozumi said:
I've never gotten ImageShack to work.
Make sure you go to imageshack.us not imageshack.com
You shouldn't have any problem with the .us one
 

Uozumi

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2006
Messages
331
Reaction score
2
Age
41
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: All-Purpose Contest Discussion Thread!

I've done that one and it still won't work for me. I've used IE, Firefox, and YahooDSL browsers on it and none of them got it to show the image after uploading.
 

angelgoo17

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Feb 2, 2007
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Re: All-Purpose Contest Discussion Thread!

um, maybe you aren't doing it right?

i have pretty crappy connection right now but it always works for me. tinypic is another good site, it's pretty reliable and it's usually faster than imageshack. i personally find photobucket too busy looking and cluttered.

make sure your file is small enough to be uploaded or imageshack takes FOREVER trying to upload it. then click on the very very bottom link of all the links listed, it's "direct link to image" and then you can use one of the img html tags (if you want it to be viewed fullsize). or click on one of the "hotlink for forums" and you can just copy and paste it into your msg. they already have all the tags for the hotlink thumbnail so don't worry about adding any.

if that doesn't work...then i don't know. ^^
 

Uozumi

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2006
Messages
331
Reaction score
2
Age
41
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: All-Purpose Contest Discussion Thread!

I think I'll just stick with LJ. Also there I can categorize them so I know which ones are being shown and which aren't.
 

atmaweapon

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 28, 2006
Messages
19
Reaction score
1
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Manga Coloring of the Week #8 (Amateur)

Silhouette said:
Ikakku says.....BANKAI


Nice soft shading on Ikkaku's muscle tone. Looks like he's been doing some extra tanning. ;) Although his bankai is supposed to have focus, I might suggest some lighter highlights so that he's not completely drowned out, especially with as dark a tone as you gave him. Otherwise, nicely done imo.
 

Uozumi

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2006
Messages
331
Reaction score
2
Age
41
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: All-Purpose Contest Discussion Thread!

The_Efekt said:
First timer. Hopefully I'll get better as the weeks come. Bleach Chapter 262 page 19. Is it really Kaien?
Yes, that's really Kaien. I like the change you bring to this with the traditional medium rather than digital.
 

Silhouette

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2006
Messages
1,222
Reaction score
48
Gender
Male
Country
New Zealand
Re: All-Purpose Contest Discussion Thread!

atmaweapon said:
Nice soft shading on Ikkaku's muscle tone. Looks like he's been doing some extra tanning. ;) Although his bankai is supposed to have focus, I might suggest some lighter highlights so that he's not completely drowned out, especially with as dark a tone as you gave him. Otherwise, nicely done imo.
Thanks for the compliment and suggestion atm :)
Ikakku doesn't get coloured that much so let him be the focus of the pic :p
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,275
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: All-Purpose Contest Discussion Thread!

The metal looks very nice on that one, Silhouette :)
 

xetak6

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 22, 2007
Messages
22
Reaction score
0
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All-Purpose Contest Discussion Thread!

yeah Silhouette the metal looks great.
 

Silhouette

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2006
Messages
1,222
Reaction score
48
Gender
Male
Country
New Zealand
Re: All-Purpose Contest Discussion Thread!

I'm glad you like it GK and xetak6 and I appreciate the compliment :)

The competition is very tough in the amateur contest...too many great entries even by talented first timer.
 

The_Efekt

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Feb 11, 2007
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Country
United States
Re: All-Purpose Contest Discussion Thread!

@Uozumi

Thanks for the comment. It's much appreciated.
 

kadodo

Intl Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2006
Messages
2,225
Reaction score
40
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Haiti
Re: Manga Coloring of the Week #8 (Amateur)

Very good entries guys. You guys are getting better
 

Silhouette

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2006
Messages
1,222
Reaction score
48
Gender
Male
Country
New Zealand
Re: All-Purpose Contest Discussion Thread!

I really like harrmd's work, he pics the right colours/shades and uses the blurr effect so well, the final result is always a page that is just pleasant to look at
 

The_Efekt

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Feb 11, 2007
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Country
United States
Re: All-Purpose Contest Discussion Thread!

After checking out the final entries in the voting process I noticed that my picture is actually somedbody else's picture. Is there a mix up?
 

Predator

Scientist of Anthropology
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 5, 2006
Messages
3,303
Reaction score
29
Gender
Hidden
Country
Isle of Man
Re: All-Purpose Contest Discussion Thread!

The_Efekt said:
After checking out the final entries in the voting process I noticed that my picture is actually somedbody else's picture. Is there a mix up?
There is actually ...... I checked and that's just a mistake with linkk writing. I'll fix it.

EDIT: Done .... :amuse
 

Roko_Epsilon

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 20, 2007
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: All-Purpose Contest Discussion Thread!

lol I feel so silly for pulling a last-minute entry like I did. >_>;

xetak6 said:
For anyone that doesn't know, or at least to my knowledge, Deviantart is deleting manga scans/colored. It says that its copyright infringement. so, well someone should know...
It's been doing that, thing is it doesn't catch MOST of it. DA's horrible at enforcing its own rules sometimes. I haven't been caught yet, at least. If they do catch me, I'll just repost on LJ.
 

hyro

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 8, 2007
Messages
31
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: All-Purpose Contest Discussion Thread!

Your entry looks so awesome Roko, I'm going to vote for you!!
 

kadodo

Intl Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2006
Messages
2,225
Reaction score
40
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Haiti
Re: Manga Coloring of the Week #8-9 (Advanced)

NIce Entry hyro. It's an odd coloring and that's why I like it. It took me awhile to realize who it was.

Post moved. Please keep all discussions about entries in this thread and not in the submission threads. Thanks. ~ WL
 

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: All-Purpose Contest Discussion Thread!

Ahahhahaha. XD I am sooo owned. Those B/W fanarts are awesome. :nuts
 
Top