All-Purpose Contest Discussion Thread 2007

shukee

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 30, 2005
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Re: All-Purpose Contest Discussion Thread!

Roko_Epsilon, I definitely enjoyed your Sasori very much...the use of earthy colors i thought really brought out what Sasori was really about....and i can see that it's very detailed and you got it just spot-on. brilliant entry for the amature level.
 

hyro

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 8, 2007
Messages
31
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: All-Purpose Contest Discussion Thread!

I can't enter the Amateur MCC anymore and my recent entry for the contest has been removed, now I can only enter the advanced MCC because I've been considered as an advanced colourist, I don't have to go through the 3 winnings in AmaMMC. Should I be happy for that? I should but, it still sounds a bit unfair to other members.
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,275
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: All-Purpose Contest Discussion Thread!

You're not the first one, hyro; we asked both Sarada and angelgoo7 to do the same thing. After Week 6, the contest organizers here made a decision that we should be able to judge whether a certain art piece or artist should belong in one or the other category, just to avoid unfair competition in the Amateur category.

A while ago angelgoo7 entered the Amateur contest originally, but her work was so obviously Advanced that we moved it to Adv. contest. And it did win, so we felt like we did the right thing in doing so.

You are an obviously talented artist and colorist already, hyro, and your Shikamaru piece looked a bit Advanced as well. You shouldn't have been surprised, heh. Take it as a compliment.

If there are any opinions about how we should change the contests, though, post away. We'll listen.
 

Tsucchi

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2006
Messages
103
Reaction score
2
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: Manga Coloring of the Week #8-9 (Advanced)

subarashi....

Post moved. Please keep all discussions about entries in this thread and not in the submission threads. Thanks. ~ WL
 

Silhouette

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2006
Messages
1,222
Reaction score
48
Gender
Male
Country
New Zealand
Re: All-Purpose Contest Discussion Thread!

harrmd said:
Here's my submission for this week, it's from volume 3 of the Eureka Seven manga. Enjoy.



I like it a lot, it looks marvelous
 

Predator

Scientist of Anthropology
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 5, 2006
Messages
3,303
Reaction score
29
Gender
Hidden
Country
Isle of Man
Re: All-Purpose Contest Discussion Thread!

Silhouette said:
I like it a lot, it looks marvelous
I must agree ..... I looked at it for some time in admiration to the colorwork. :amuse
 

chvis002

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 27, 2006
Messages
305
Reaction score
12
Gender
Hidden
Country
Sweden
Re: All-Purpose Contest Discussion Thread!

Vhea said:
hi!
Another old pic... =_=
Anyways xD

This is without a doubt one of the best colorings I've seen. If not the best
 

Uozumi

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2006
Messages
331
Reaction score
2
Age
41
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: All-Purpose Contest Discussion Thread!

I agree with Chvis. Did you make a custom brush to make the shading blend in so well, Vhea?
 

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: All-Purpose Contest Discussion Thread!

Vhea, that is BRILLIANT! :o
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,275
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: All-Purpose Contest Discussion Thread!

That's a nice submission in Amateur, Uozumi ^^ You're getting there!
 

Silhouette

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2006
Messages
1,222
Reaction score
48
Gender
Male
Country
New Zealand
Re: All-Purpose Contest Discussion Thread!

I want to enter next week's contest with a Rukia pic and I would appreciate it if anyone told me a chapter number where I can find one. Thanks :amuse
 

Predator

Scientist of Anthropology
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 5, 2006
Messages
3,303
Reaction score
29
Gender
Hidden
Country
Isle of Man
Re: All-Purpose Contest Discussion Thread!

Silhouette said:
I want to enter next week's contest with a Rukia pic and I would appreciate it if anyone told me a chapter number where I can find one. Thanks :amuse
I must say that the last Bleach chapters have some pretty decent Rukia pics, if you want. That is, with little bubbles, more art.
Like this weeks chapter has her scared, angry, releasing her zanpakutou .... whatever you like.
Or was it that you want a cover? .... In that case ... I'll look into it, but I can't guarantee anything. :tem
 

Uozumi

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2006
Messages
331
Reaction score
2
Age
41
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: All-Purpose Contest Discussion Thread!

Gold Knight said:
That's a nice submission in Amateur, Uozumi ^^ You're getting there!
Thank you very much, GK. I'm glad ^_^
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,275
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: All-Purpose Contest Discussion Thread!

Silhouette said:
I want to enter next week's contest with a Rukia pic and I would appreciate it if anyone told me a chapter number where I can find one. Thanks :amuse
There are a lot of Rukia covers out there, though she was featured more often early on than now. I wouldn't be surprised, though, to see a Rukia cover coming up. She's one of the few main characters left in the series that hasn't had a feature cover with her name painted in the background, and I think it's coming up now.
 

Silhouette

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2006
Messages
1,222
Reaction score
48
Gender
Male
Country
New Zealand
Re: All-Purpose Contest Discussion Thread!

Thanks Predator & GK :amuse. I wanted a big panel of Rukia but I guess will try to colour one of her pics in the current chapter and wait for more in the future...hopefully
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,275
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: All-Purpose Contest Discussion Thread!

Try Chapters 201-202... to date still the best chapters for Rukia fans. Lots of good Rukia panels to color.
 

Silhouette

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2006
Messages
1,222
Reaction score
48
Gender
Male
Country
New Zealand
Re: All-Purpose Contest Discussion Thread!

Gold Knight said:
Try Chapters 201-202... to date still the best chapters for Rukia fans. Lots of good Rukia panels to color.
It is...Thanks a lot GK.
They are the chapters that contain a pic of Rukia freezing off the aranccar, I've already done that so I will do something different
Too bad the there isn't an HQ scan of the current chapter 264
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,275
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: All-Purpose Contest Discussion Thread!

^^

Woo... lots of submissions already for this week's Amateur contest. Very nice work guys.
 

luv_luv_4_life

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 19, 2006
Messages
53
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: All-Purpose Contest Discussion Thread!

WOW!! I didn't even know that the art contest started for march in mid-feb. Welps...nice job guys...really nice so far.

Just one RANDOM question. March doesn't have a theme?...haha..just wondering...But then i guess its hard to do a theme based on lepercon since not every one knows....of it...or of "White day" haha
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,275
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: All-Purpose Contest Discussion Thread!

No theme for March, no ^^;

I was thinking something like 'Green Month' for the fanart colorings, but eh... not everybody knows of St. Patrick's Day, no.
 
Top