All-Purpose Contest Discussion Thread 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

RealMonkey

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 13, 2008
Messages
152
Reaction score
59
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Oh that is so sad. I thought i would win the contest without fighting ^^
But it is okay. thanks kaylee
 

abcdefghijkL0L

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2007
Messages
473
Reaction score
34
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Hey kaylee, could you unhide the votes once the voting is over?
 

kaylee

mousou mashiin
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 20, 2007
Messages
4,039
Reaction score
813
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Yes, they're unhidden automatically when the polls close. :)
 

abcdefghijkL0L

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2007
Messages
473
Reaction score
34
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Ah, I see. Thanks. :P


Congratz, Ryu, Franky!
 
Last edited:

McFranky

Artist
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2007
Messages
220
Reaction score
199
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
awesome, a double win xD or better a win by draw in advanced, but the hell :P Congrats abcdefghijkLOL for being top in both polls as well ;)
 

abcdefghijkL0L

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2007
Messages
473
Reaction score
34
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Thanks, Franky. :p Better watch out next time, I'm going all-out! (I'm out of older stuff to submit lol)
 

RealMonkey

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 13, 2008
Messages
152
Reaction score
59
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Damn. I hate naruto and bleach xD But aint i technically 2nd place?

Congrats to our badass artists McFranky and abcdefghijkLOL.

Super gemacht mcfranky. Fands nur bei mir schade. Hätte doch wohl echt mal den ersten verdient ey. ^^
 
Last edited:

Mugiwara_no_Jack

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2006
Messages
909
Reaction score
323
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I don't understand why I didn't get even a single vote ...

But nonetheless congrats to all winners!
 

kaylee

mousou mashiin
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 20, 2007
Messages
4,039
Reaction score
813
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Mugiwara, that wasn't a bad start at all. I liked your choice of colors. The only thing is that the shading was a bit simple, especially in the hair and face. Adding a bit of extra detail there would've really improved it, I think. But I know nothing about coloring, so don't trust my judgment. :amuse

Anyway, congrats to the winners, and thanks to all who participated! :D And that makes 3 wins for wesolek in the amateur category (if I counted correctly), so you'll have to move up to advanced next time. :D

I'll have November's submissions threads up shortly.

Ah, speaking of which, what do you guys think about being required to post your entries (as thumbnails) in the submissions threads in addition to uploading to photoplog? Right now, as you know, submissions are only in photoplog, and they're moved to an "archive" gallery once the contest is over. But it might be nice to keep a record of the contest submissions in the thread itself too.

What do you guys think? (sorry for changing the rules all the time. :sweat)
 
Last edited:

abcdefghijkL0L

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2007
Messages
473
Reaction score
34
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I wouldn't mind if we had to do that. I actually think it's a pretty cool idea. :lmao

Damn. I hate naruto and bleach xD But aint i technically 2nd place?
Yeah, technically you are, but that's just the way it get posted here.


Okay... I think I'll fix up this old coloring a little bit before submitting for Amateur (yes I haven't won 3 times yet lol).

I don't know what I should submit for advanced, anyone want to help give opinions? :P I'll probably fix them up before submitting.
Air Gear
Bleach
C.A.T.
D.Gray-man super old! i did this one way back in february!
 
Last edited:

RealMonkey

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 13, 2008
Messages
152
Reaction score
59
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I wouldn't mind if we had to do that. I

I don't know what I should submit for advanced, anyone want to help give opinions? :P I'll probably fix them up before submitting.
Air Gear
Bleach
C.A.T.
D.Gray-man super old! i did this one way back in february!
I would say Bleach as first choice and then air gear. With the ichigo pic you would win i think. It is pretty awesome ^^

@ Kaylee: It would be fine with me ^__^
 

RyuSensei

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 6, 2008
Messages
2,683
Reaction score
312
Gender
Male
Country
France
Meh. I can't believe I got first even with someone again.
Ichigo's pic isn't amateurish ._.
 

abcdefghijkL0L

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2007
Messages
473
Reaction score
34
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Well, first is first. : D

You mean my Ichigo pic? I wasn't planning to submit it into amateur if that's what you thought.
 

RyuSensei

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 6, 2008
Messages
2,683
Reaction score
312
Gender
Male
Country
France
Oh, misread your post, sowwie.
 

abcdefghijkL0L

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2007
Messages
473
Reaction score
34
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
It's all good. :p
 

RealMonkey

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 13, 2008
Messages
152
Reaction score
59
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
eh these are some weird entries in the b&w contest. The one is kinda a ripoff naruto cover and the other one looks more like a manga page uploaded to the contest...http://www.mangacross.com/images/crown-clown.jpg please delete the second one -.-'
 
Last edited:

DanddoSeri

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 3, 2007
Messages
24
Reaction score
1
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Could we made our own contest?
 

Uozumi

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2006
Messages
331
Reaction score
2
Age
41
Gender
Female
Country
United States
So since we're in beta mode, are the contests on hold? Or will the new data to the Image Gallery hold over during transition?


Also I have another question. Is it okay to enter both Amateur and Advanced contests? I thought that we were only supposed to enter one. It doesnt' seem fair to the Amateurs if the Advanced people are entering work in the Amateur contest too, even if it's old work.
 
Last edited:

abcdefghijkL0L

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2007
Messages
473
Reaction score
34
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Well, I've always done that and there hasn't been a problem so far, and technically I'm still allowed to participate since I haven't won three times yet.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top