All-Purpose Contest Discussion Thread 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaylee

mousou mashiin
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 20, 2007
Messages
4,039
Reaction score
813
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Contests are still on. I'll put up the polls in a few hours. And yeah, all of the data is still there. The forums & image galleries weren't affected by the shift at all.

As for the question of amateur/advanced, it's up to the artist's discretion at this point. After 3 amateur wins, he/she will be forced to post in advanced only, but until then, if they judge their work to be amateur, they can post it there as well. Any blatantly obvious advanced works will be moved to that category though.


Polls open~ :tem
 
Last edited:

eats

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 17, 2006
Messages
17
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
whoa..... its all ..... naruto @_@

-Its been a year since I last joined this art contest, Im going to try and join this competition next month to stir things up :)
hope to see great submissions then.
 

abcdefghijkL0L

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2007
Messages
473
Reaction score
34
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
whoa..... its all ..... naruto @_@

-Its been a year since I last joined this art contest, Im going to try and join this competition next month to stir things up :)
hope to see great submissions then.
I know, right? :eyeroll Oh well, can't do anything about what people want to submit. :/

Looking forward to it. ;)
 
Last edited:

RyuSensei

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 6, 2008
Messages
2,683
Reaction score
312
Gender
Male
Country
France
True that, and that's why you usually gotta submit Naruto stuff if you wanna have a chance.
 

Uozumi

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2006
Messages
331
Reaction score
2
Age
41
Gender
Female
Country
United States
To be honest, I submit a Naruto coloring every so often because I do like the series and something catches my eye. I kinda feel like a moron picking a month where everyone else submitted Naruto also.
 

abcdefghijkL0L

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2007
Messages
473
Reaction score
34
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Lol, I didn't submit Naruto for the coloring contests. >_>
 

RyuSensei

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 6, 2008
Messages
2,683
Reaction score
312
Gender
Male
Country
France
You're good, I didn't put you on our level lol.
Btw, I'll have a colored fanart posted soon <_<.
 

abcdefghijkL0L

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2007
Messages
473
Reaction score
34
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I think you'd win... the one I submitted isn't that great. >_>


(keep up the chain of >_> <_<! :lmao)
 

RyuSensei

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 6, 2008
Messages
2,683
Reaction score
312
Gender
Male
Country
France
Well, mine won't be that good either no worries, just a fanart of Margaret I found, don't even know who the artist is but it inspired me so well, started coloring it. <_<


Results plwease? >_>
 
Last edited:

kaylee

mousou mashiin
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 20, 2007
Messages
4,039
Reaction score
813
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Results plwease? >_>
Yeah, my bad. Been busy, sorry. But... the poll results are public, you know. You should be able to look at the actual threads for the results. (super-low turnout this time, btw... less than 8 votes per poll >.>)

I'll post new threads shortly though.
 

RyuSensei

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 6, 2008
Messages
2,683
Reaction score
312
Gender
Male
Country
France
eh. Sorry didn't know they would be public. :x
 

abcdefghijkL0L

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2007
Messages
473
Reaction score
34
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
It's not on the shoutbox anymore so less people see it because the forum's buried all the way down here. Maybe there could be a separate subforum to house the art and sig contests?


Gratz on the victory, man. Not too satisfied with the tie... <_<
 

RyuSensei

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 6, 2008
Messages
2,683
Reaction score
312
Gender
Male
Country
France
Actually the best would probably be having NJT do a news about the contests and stuff and voting, but well, that's up to him.

Thanks, yea I saw that, too bad, I also tied 2nd in the advanced.
 

abcdefghijkL0L

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2007
Messages
473
Reaction score
34
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Yeah, that way maybe there'd be variety in the submissions too.

We need more voters lol.
 

RyuSensei

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 6, 2008
Messages
2,683
Reaction score
312
Gender
Male
Country
France
Rofl dude, just checked out the advanced artworks again, I can't believe your Ichigo didn't win against that .. beh, can't even find a name.
 

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
14,313
Reaction score
1,730
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
Ryu, that's not nice :notrust

Actually the best would probably be having NJT do a news about the contests and stuff and voting, but well, that's up to him.
The focus is currently on the Manga Editor and translator related issues which have priority. All mods are really busy behind the scenes with the new system and since the contests don't run too well at the moment anyways, we kinda let it slip a little. I'm sorry.

We'll have a fresh start in 2009 with the contests, probably with restructured artist section and maybe even with automatic maintenance through the system, so you won't have to wait on late mods anymore. But that takes some time and as said, Manga Editors/translators come currently first till the beta runs smoothly and all wished features got implemented. I would also love to see a quarterly amateur manga contest but that's simply too much to ask for right now.

Still, if you have ideas and suggestions for the contests - tell us. It won't be done any time soon but we always have an open ear and will take it into account when we go back to the active contest revamp planning :amuse
 

RyuSensei

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 6, 2008
Messages
2,683
Reaction score
312
Gender
Male
Country
France
It's not that I'm not being nice, it's just that a piece which would take me like, what, 2 hours since it's using the most basic shading technique shouldn't be able to win or tie with abc's Ichigo, it is by far his best piece imo, the shading is godly and the whole pic itself is good.
 

abcdefghijkL0L

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2007
Messages
473
Reaction score
34
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Thanks for the kind words, bro.


Blyeah, I don't think I'll have time to enter this month's contest. Currently my AP classes are bogging me down to no end and I'm barely getting any sleep (like 4 hours on school days). I'll try, but no guarantees I guess. If I'm submitting anything it'll most likely be the Double Arts one I started months ago since the base colors are already done.
 

kaylee

mousou mashiin
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 20, 2007
Messages
4,039
Reaction score
813
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Polls are open for the contests now... sorry about the lateness. :sweat

I'll leave them open for a few extra days to compensate.
 

Uozumi

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2006
Messages
331
Reaction score
2
Age
41
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Do you know when the next contest will occur? I'm trying to figure out how to fit manga coloring into my schedule.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top