All-Purpose Contest Discussion Thread 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baka Taichou

MH Tsundere Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 20, 2007
Messages
2,770
Reaction score
5,687
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
New Year , New beginnings.
​

First off , the old thread can be found HERE

You can comment here on any body's entry.It has been decided to do so here, since it's a bit rude to comment the entries prematurely within the submissions threads them selfs.So discussions on any of the entries should be held here.
Discuss anything regarding the contest entries or contests them selfs and enjoy your selfs .
 
Last edited:

Uozumi

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2006
Messages
331
Reaction score
2
Age
41
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: All-Purpose Contest Discussion Thread!

I've got a question. Why was the Amateur Category expanded? Also, if it has been extended a week, why is the topic still locked?
 

Baka Taichou

MH Tsundere Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 20, 2007
Messages
2,770
Reaction score
5,687
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
Re: All-Purpose Contest Discussion Thread!

sorry about that I didn't notice it was locked
it was extended because stiluz and I thought it should be since there wasn't any chapter this week.
 

Uozumi

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2006
Messages
331
Reaction score
2
Age
41
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: All-Purpose Contest Discussion Thread!

Oh. Alright.

Thanks for answering XD I will make note to post my xxxHOLiC coloring for this week next week then.
 

Baka Taichou

MH Tsundere Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 20, 2007
Messages
2,770
Reaction score
5,687
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
Re: All-Purpose Contest Discussion Thread!

:) no problem ^^
sorry for making you wait now.


HakoHero you can't edit your post because the feature is disabled in the contests section. To prevent people from changing their works.That's why it's required to use photoblog as well.
As you reposted your entry using photoblog I've deleted your first post.


DaKroG your entry looks awesome :)I just love how you made the water ! did you use brushed for the bubbles?

on a side note : boy do I like the auto-merge option I wish all forums had it ...would make life easier X3 (well that makes this site unique)
 
Last edited:

gasei-sama

Banned
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 12, 2008
Messages
8
Reaction score
1
Gender
Female
Country
Italy
I love Dakrog's entry and QianQian's , they're both great ! too bad the pool ended and I didn't get to vote for my foav. dunno if I would be able to choose anyway.
 

DaKroG

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 29, 2007
Messages
136
Reaction score
75
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
France
Thanks for your comments and to those who voted me !
2008 starts well !

@Sakura-aniki : yup, i did use a brush, i took a basic one and i modified the brush setting to make that effect (i did also use the finger tool). I think i used 4/5 different colors for the bubbles (from pale green to white)
 

Sunny.

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 22, 2007
Messages
94
Reaction score
11
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I have a question: When ends the voting for Amateur Colorings #2?!
 

Baka Taichou

MH Tsundere Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 20, 2007
Messages
2,770
Reaction score
5,687
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
cool :) thanks for the tip Dakrog
Sunny , the pool ended already , we just need to make the new pool for week 3 before we remove this one
 

McFranky

Artist
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2007
Messages
220
Reaction score
199
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
yeah...the new poll is open and I wonder who won oO

Please tell us, I'm (and TS AND the others^^) waiting for the result since the poll was closed oO
 

lordHokage

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 19, 2007
Messages
4,697
Reaction score
421
Gender
Female
Country
Bahamas
Congratulations to all the nominees for the Advanced Category. You all are winners in my book. :D

:confetti :kkthumbs :occa :confetti​
 

Baka Taichou

MH Tsundere Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 20, 2007
Messages
2,770
Reaction score
5,687
Gender
Female
Country
Romania

McFranky

Artist
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2007
Messages
220
Reaction score
199
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Yay at least second one =D Thanks to everyone who voted for me!!

Congrats HakoHero, I knew you would win^^​

The 3rd amateur contest is just great, so many op-artists. Finally^^ More Op-Art than Naruto-Art :D
 

lordHokage

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 19, 2007
Messages
4,697
Reaction score
421
Gender
Female
Country
Bahamas
What I meant to say, Congratulations to all the nominees for the Amateur Category and not the Advanced Category, but you all are winners in my book too. :D


:confetti :kkthumbs :occa :wtf :confetti​
 

Baka Taichou

MH Tsundere Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 20, 2007
Messages
2,770
Reaction score
5,687
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
yeaaa though I thought it was too much XD well it's better than getting 10xxxxx entries of the same page of the same manga I'd enjoy more bleach and DGM fan art TT_TT
btw
Congratulations to all the winners!
HakoHero Very nice cell-shading!
DaKroG and QianQian I loved your two entries the most! I'm looking forward to see what other works you're preparing!
Of course the other entryes both for amateur and advanced were great! I'm glad you guys take the time to participate in contests! I enjoy seeing your works!
 

lordHokage

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 19, 2007
Messages
4,697
Reaction score
421
Gender
Female
Country
Bahamas
:confetti :confetti :confetti​


Congratulations to all the winners. Keep up the great work. :kkthumbs
 

McFranky

Artist
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2007
Messages
220
Reaction score
199
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
new week...new winners oO
And I'm one of them =D This means i won two contests so far...one more to go and I won't win again xD The advanced works are just...wow...

But great work gasei-sama ;) Cool to see a tie with bleach and one piece...no naruto coloring...GREAT!!!^^
 

Uozumi

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2006
Messages
331
Reaction score
2
Age
41
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Are the threads going to be unlocked now that the votes have been announced?
 

gasei-sama

Banned
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 12, 2008
Messages
8
Reaction score
1
Gender
Female
Country
Italy
I agree McFranky ... I'm fed up with all that naruto popularity and for what...it's not even original....so badly inspired after DB...(even if he was a fan...he should try to be original...)
so yea happy there was no naruto this week winning :D
I currently won once yay!
I would have participated in week 3 too but I was stuck on a pein cover TT_TT with the background. (colored pein cuz I like his design :) )
I'll definitely be in this week though !
 

Baka Taichou

MH Tsundere Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 20, 2007
Messages
2,770
Reaction score
5,687
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
yes they are uozumi , though I don't know what that would help... since no one comments on those threads , and the discussions should be here anyway...


riice that coloring you made of rukia and byakuya page is awesome! I absolutely love the hair!!!!
The other entries are great too ^-^ just that that one is my fav this time :)
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top