All-Purpose Contest Discussion Thread 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mugiwara_no_Jack

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2006
Messages
909
Reaction score
323
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Yeah I am disappointed myself ... I submitted colorings which got more votes and were a lot worser than this one ... :(
 

verdygo

Artist
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 30, 2006
Messages
202
Reaction score
17
Gender
Female
Country
United States
AWESOME! I finally won after weeks upon weeks of entering. I think I actually started entering these contest around the 4th of the original. D: Thanks! :)
 

TheGenius

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 11, 2007
Messages
1,457
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Yeah I am disappointed myself ... I submitted colorings which got more votes and were a lot worser than this one ... :(
I completely understand what you mean!

Satisfy yourself with the fact that we like what you do, not what the whole Naruto fans likes!

I'll color a Naruto and see what happens:amuse
 

verdygo

Artist
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 30, 2006
Messages
202
Reaction score
17
Gender
Female
Country
United States
^I voted for you. :)

True, Naruto might win because fans are biased but I've seen some colorings win from series I've never heard of. Really, it comes down to the quality in most cases.
 

KALiZU

Artist
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 11, 2006
Messages
452
Reaction score
163
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Yeah, popularity's got something to do with the votings. But we can't really complain since the voters are manga fans, an thus, being biased can't be avoided. To avoid this, the judges should be art guys who know nothing of manga. Lol. But that would ruin the fun! xD

abcdefghijkL0L said:
I was hoping HiruKo's would win. To me, it has a better choice of colors and shadows than the first place one.
How flattering. :D
 

Mugiwara_no_Jack

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2006
Messages
909
Reaction score
323
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I completely understand what you mean!

Satisfy yourself with the fact that we like what you do, not what the whole Naruto fans likes!

I'll color a Naruto and see what happens:amuse
That's great ;)
At least some like it ^^

^I voted for you. :)

True, Naruto might win because fans are biased but I've seen some colorings win from series I've never heard of. Really, it comes down to the quality in most cases.
Thanks! One Fan isn't that bad to start with :)
 

abcdefghijkL0L

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2007
Messages
473
Reaction score
34
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
So for the advanced contest, if nobody else submits anything by the deadline, its going to get extended again? :oh
 

TheGenius

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 11, 2007
Messages
1,457
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
They should maybe put it in hiatus state until finals are over. I know mine are done on the 26th.
 

Stiluz

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 28, 2005
Messages
513
Reaction score
150
Gender
Hidden
Country
Japan
We'll see, but I agree that finals and papers get's in the way of coloring, obviously, don't have time to do much myself. There's been a slight delay due to technical problems for Sakura, and me drowning in schoolwork due to finals etc soon. Poll and winner announcement should come soon.
 

abcdefghijkL0L

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2007
Messages
473
Reaction score
34
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Yeah...I've been pretty busy too with school. I've got SAT IIs, AP exams, and Honors tryouts looming in the horizon.
 

Baka Taichou

MH Tsundere Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 20, 2007
Messages
2,770
Reaction score
5,687
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
[highlight]Advanced contest[/highlight]
Will not be extended again. We have 4 entries which is more than enough.
The poll has been made. Go vote!

[highlight]Amateur contest[/highlight]
Has been extended to another week since there are too little entries.Week #16-17 will last until 28th of April.
So new submissions date is 14th April - 28th April.
[highlight]Note[/highlight]
All inquiries regarding the Art Contests should be written here.
Please refrain from posting comments in the actual submissions/voting threads since mostly only the people subscribed there(which by my guess aren't too many) will be notified.This thread is meant for discussions / questions so everything goes here unless it's personal which is obviously supposed to be sent as a note ^^.
​
 
Last edited:

abcdefghijkL0L

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2007
Messages
473
Reaction score
34
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Yeah, popularity's got something to do with the votings. But we can't really complain since the voters are manga fans, an thus, being biased can't be avoided. To avoid this, the judges should be art guys who know nothing of manga. Lol. But that would ruin the fun! xD
Lol, battle of the popular mangas this time. 3 vs 1.
 

Baka Taichou

MH Tsundere Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 20, 2007
Messages
2,770
Reaction score
5,687
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
I love DaKroG's entry! It's absolutely gorgeous though I liked Mel's entry as well and the other 2 are good too , but I voted for DaKroG. I wish there were more entries in the advanced contests.... DD and amaretti and willitblend and the others don't even bother participating no more .___.
 

abcdefghijkL0L

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2007
Messages
473
Reaction score
34
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
It would be pretty much a giveaway if they entered. :zaru
 

TheGenius

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 11, 2007
Messages
1,457
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
We'll see if Bleach can overcome Naruto, like ABC said, popularity skews the voting towards the NarsNars.
 

abcdefghijkL0L

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2007
Messages
473
Reaction score
34
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
There aren't enough people that vote though! D: We should advertise the contest thread in our sigs or something.
 

TheGenius

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 11, 2007
Messages
1,457
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
I like what you did abcdefhikLOL, but Dakrog stole my heart.

Nice work, it's superb.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top