All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2008-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

nanaDmari

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2010
Messages
2,115
Reaction score
1,176
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

:jawdrop I actually won it! :jawdrop​
hueheheh why the surprise? It was really good signature n_n
congratulations \o\~

Concerning the same render contest, I think that is enough popular support to warrant approval! :D

So, I guess what we need now is for people to start picking out renders that they would like. I am thinking that everyone can start off brainstorming now. Perhaps in about three weeks or so, I shall create a thread where each of you will post your ultimate suggestion for a render to be used, after which I shall create a poll where people will vote on which render to be selected for the contest.

Does that sound like a good plan? If not, feel free to suggest a different course of action. If so, then let the brainstorming begin! :cheerbunny
oh god... I don't have one single thing that could be used... but I'll do some research XD
 

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

and did anyone else see that Berserk movie news?? XD
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Beserk? What's that? :worrybunny

Btw, does it have an anime for it? People keep telling me to check out the manga....
 

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Berserk is an action-oriented seinen manga with a good deal of graphic violence and sexual content.

If you wish to learn more about the movie and/or discuss the movie, this would be the best thread in which to do so. While you're there, feel free to explore the rest of the Berserk section and get a feel for the manga. ;)

On another note, I had another idea for a Theme, though Im unsure how to word it~
~Gender Bender? Gender Crossover? XD ~ before anyone misunderstands, Im talking about those neat renders that you see once in a while where a popular male character is drawn to be a female or Female -> Male~ - XD
Anyways, Just a random thought when I found a Female version of Ace from OP
That sounds like a wonderful suggestion that is going on my list. :hbunny
 

darkdana666

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 28, 2007
Messages
238
Reaction score
183
Gender
Female
Country
Serbia
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

On another note, I had another idea for a Theme, though Im unsure how to word it~
~Gender Bender? Gender Crossover? XD ~ before anyone misunderstands, Im talking about those neat renders that you see once in a while where a popular male character is drawn to be a female or Female -> Male~ - XD
Anyways, Just a random thought when I found a Female version of Ace from OP
Awesome idea! Love it! I think I have a very sexy pic of female Byakuya from bleach....
 

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

Yes yes~ Ive found a few of these throughout my gathering, and Im sure you could find a ton of them if you actually searched for them~
and I just got curious of how many themes Tsukisama actually has on that list~
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

I love both ideas. \o/

So does everyone submit/provide one render for the voting process or something?
 

DeBaron8

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2010
Messages
551
Reaction score
571
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

I like both ideas too, I looked through my collection and didn't see anything too promising though. I'd say that Coffee will probably have some good renders in his collection. Let us know where the thread for discussing this will be so I can direct further ideas there. :)

I wasn't sure about the Gender crossover idea at first, but now I think it would be very interesting. I also think that just Crossover as a theme could also work and would be more general. There is a lot of great crossover artwork of people from one manga dressing up as characters from another, etc. I kinda remember a sweet one with Konan and Nagato (or Yahiko - can't remember) dressed up as Espada 3 and 4 from Bleach. That was pretty cool.

Also, if anyone is interested I posted a new coloring here.
 

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

Or Crossover as in different series in the same work, I have some nice DBZ/OP and Bleach/Naruto etc etc~


"It Blue Up" =




which is better?
 
Last edited:

DeBaron8

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2010
Messages
551
Reaction score
571
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

Or Crossover as in different series in the same work, I have some nice DBZ/OP and Bleach/Naruto etc etc~
Yeah, I thought of that too, I think all three takes on Crossover could be fun themes.

About the "It Blue Up" sigs, I can't see a whole lot of difference between them unless I look at them closely, so I wouldn't weigh my opinion too highly, but I think I like the 2nd one more. I like the diagonal lines over the edges of the render in it, but I think that the edges on the 1st version may look better. However, I don't really like the edges on either. Not sure why or what else could work, mabye something between the two versions. But I'm not really very sure about this.
 

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

but I think that the edges on the 1st version may look better. However, I don't really like the edges on either.
- By Edges you mean the edges of the render? or the edges as in the border???

- Thanks for the feedback, Ive been trying that out a few times to see if I can make it look good or not with the scanlines, it seems to add some depth and blend if you do it right~
 

DeBaron8

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2010
Messages
551
Reaction score
571
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

@Coffee- I meant on the border of the sig on either side of the render. And I do like the scanlines, especially those around the render.
 

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

So, you dont like the blue area of the border?
Thats something else I was trying to get feedback for, as in one of my past sigs I did something similiar and it seemed to make the border pop out and looked cool, but I guess it only works good with certain color schemes~

oh and before I forget to say this again =
@Shinsatsu -
- Nice sig, nice and swirly, you seem to enjoy that effect, dont you?
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

Hey everyone!

So I finally submitted my "good" themed signature. This one was very tricky and I played around with so many images and shapes lol. I implemented the design features of two wallpapers to make the "base" background design of my sig which actually worked out pretty well. I'm going to be experimenting with this kind of "technique" if you like in future contests; it's still a work in progress though.

If you haven't heard yet; Marvel Comics has teamed up with the folks who made Tron Legacy in the run up to the movie release and designed several beautiful covers that feature some of the most popular marvel characters. I came across this a couple of weeks ago but never intended to use one of the pictures as a base for my sig lol. After working on this sig, I've decided to use a couple more of those special Tron Legacy x Marvel covers to make a few more sigs. Once they're done, I'll post them up because I really enjoyed working on this one. :amuse

I'm really impressed with the quality of all the submissions in this round. They're awesome! Good luck to everyone!!! Until next time lol...

See ya around MH~ :Gaipose
 

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

Interesting looking Iron Man~
 

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

Submission for the good contest is complete, and this turned out to be a very good contest with eight marvelous submissions! All of them look quite good, but which is the best? You decide. Vote for your favorite within one week's time to crown the winner!

The new contest is up, and the theme is future. With the start of a new year, this seems like the perfect theme to begin the year! Anything related to the future will do, such as future aspirations, futuristic settings, and future versions of people. The future is full of so many possibilities to explore! Good luck and welcome to 2011! :tem

and I just got curious of how many themes Tsukisama actually has on that list~
I hadn't ever counted before, but since you asked, I counted and apparently there are 74 unused themes currently on my list, including the "crossover" idea that DeBaron8 mentioned. :hbunny

I love both ideas. \o/

So does everyone submit/provide one render for the voting process or something?
In the end, yes, people will only be able to provide one render upon which to be voted. For right now though, you can bring up as many as you want as you decide which is your best suggestion.

I like both ideas too, I looked through my collection and didn't see anything too promising though. I'd say that Coffee will probably have some good renders in his collection. Let us know where the thread for discussing this will be so I can direct further ideas there. :)
To clear up any confusion on this, here is the current agenda on this same render contest:

  1. Brainstorming phase: Everyone can think about which renders they like. You can use this thread to discuss what renders you are thinking of suggesting and get feedback from others. This phase will probably last for the next three weeks.
  2. Nomination phase: I shall create a thread in which each person can post one render. This phase will last a week to allow those who want to make a suggestion time to make a final decision.
  3. Voting phase: A poll will be added to the nomination thread, and everyone will have one week to cast a vote for his or her favorite of the nominated renders.

If there are any questions or comments about this schedule, please feel free to share them. :)

I wasn't sure about the Gender crossover idea at first, but now I think it would be very interesting. I also think that just Crossover as a theme could also work and would be more general. There is a lot of great crossover artwork of people from one manga dressing up as characters from another, etc. I kinda remember a sweet one with Konan and Nagato (or Yahiko - can't remember) dressed up as Espada 3 and 4 from Bleach. That was pretty cool.
I think both themes are good, and, as I mentioned earlier, both are now on my list of possible themes. "Gender bender" seems distinct enough that it won't overlap with "crossover." :vbunny
 
Last edited:

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

I like the new theme :tem
I think I have a great render for this Future theme,which will work quite good with my idea :D

As for the gender bender theme... I'm not a fan of gender bender stuff, but I think there's quite a few renders out there to work with.
 

nanaDmari

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2010
Messages
2,115
Reaction score
1,176
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

yeah, I like the future theme too... the first thing that came to mind was Back to the future, because of the 25th anniversary of the film last year (and I, as quite a fan, watched the three films in october, 26th XD)
but I have other ideas as well...

and is Jin going for another Tron related signature? because it fits the theme... it would be interesting, seeing how the same universe can fit different themes...

and the good theme ended up being great, with really good submissions, everyone :]
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

The first thing that came to mind was Psyren :tem But I'll try out the render I have now first and then decide what to do after.

Gotta be a huge fan to watch all three movies one after the other :XD
The last time I did that was with the complete uncut set of Lord of The Rings Trilogy :D Over 9 hours~ or something like that.
 

Shinsatsu

MH's Most Fashionable Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
2,817
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

The first thing that came to mind was Psyren :tem But I'll try out the render I have now first and then decide what to do after.

Gotta be a huge fan to watch all three movies one after the other :XD
The last time I did that was with the complete uncut set of Lord of The Rings Trilogy :D Over 9 hours~ or something like that.
lol, Psyren was my initial idea too xD But I'm not sure about that.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top