All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2008-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

:s I have only 1 idea thus far for this blood theme... but it isn't looking good at all.
Can't find a image I was hoping to find. Since I got back my net today, I think I'll search some more.

Great progress by everyone so far :o I'm a little jealous :XD
 

nanaDmari

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2010
Messages
2,115
Reaction score
1,176
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Glad you like the sig thus far.:) I'm struggling with the blood though. :darn

The third game is coming out Nov. 16th. It's not AC3, but AC: Brotherhood. So kinda like 2.5, where you play as Ezio again and it takes place mostly in Rome. It also has multiplayer and you can play as other charcters or call them in to help Ezio. Not sure if I will like this new feature or not, but I still look forward to the game. As a medieval historian, this is pretty much the best game ever for me!!!
To make blood feel natural is difficult, but I have faith in you :]
Cool... but god knows when it will come to Brasil (and how much it will cost ¬ ¬)
I love Ezio and his soap-opera italian XD
(As I choose english to play... it's just like the soap operas here with italian immigrants...)
And the game's story is really good, of course...

The first thing that came to my mind was Dexter... but I had other ideas for sigs... oh, god... how much I wanted to do one for this theme T~T
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Well, I only came up with 1 other idea.


Gonna try and put in some good looking effects and see what the outcome is.I think I will go with this black and white thingy :s

It's the same style as the 'Sin City' and 'The Spirit' movies.
 

Shinsatsu

MH's Most Fashionable Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
2,817
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Well, I only came up with 1 other idea.


Gonna try and put in some good looking effects and see what the outcome is.I think I will go with this black and white thingy :s

It's the same style as the 'Sin City' and 'The Spirit' movies.
Hmm, all I can say is that the render doesn't help at all...
I won't use it if I were you... you will need a huge amount of effects to make it look ok, but that will just take over the signature.
If you put a big effort in covering up a messed up render, you won't be able to get the job you wanted done in the first place. (happened to me alot :S)
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

@Shin - yeah i had a clear view of it on my psp and it looks horrible... guess i'll try to find better renders.

Really need a new monitor <_>
 

DeBaron8

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2010
Messages
551
Reaction score
571
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

guess i'll try to find better renders.
Kakashi - I think that sounds like a good idea. I can't even tell what the render is about and I have a decent monitor (If you can get ASUS monitors where you live, I would recommend them, ASUS make decent monitors now. I luv mine, it's about a year old now.) I really like the idea of doing sigs in the style of Sin City and the Spirit. That style has a very bold and artistic appeal. Look forward to seeing your entry.:)
 

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Having major computer issues~ I might end up missing this one~
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Found a few renders I liked.
This is another attempt:
 

DeBaron8

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2010
Messages
551
Reaction score
571
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Here's the new and probably near final version of my sig. Kinda gave up on the blood, just couldn't get it the way I wanted. Any comments or advice would be most appreciated.:)



@ Kakashi - I like the new attempt much better.:D The render is very nice and clear. The lighting and blood effects are very cool. The only thing that I dislike is how abrupt the white centre part turns into the black edges. Mabye try doing something different on the edges or make the transition more gradual, because IMO it doesn't quite look right.

@ Coffee - I feel bad for you, computer problems suck.:( We will miss your entry if it doesn't get fixed. Hopefully it will get fixed soon.
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

@DeBaron - Your sig looks really good! The 2 styles you used for the text don't really look good together imo... it looks a little odd. I think I see what you meant about the blood... to me it isn't blending in properly? Looks a bit unrealistic too.

I see what you mean with the white in my sig... it's not gonna stay like that though. I will post an updated version in a while. Thanks for the feed back :D


Another version:

 
Last edited:

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

glad to see faralla submit a sig after so long :D
Beautiful submission :love
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Tsukisama, is there any particular reason why you don't have an avatar or signature!? You like the "naked" look? I guess it helps when your name is in bold though. :D
 

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

I guess you didn't read Berserk :P
If I'm correct, I think that your opinion about gory images my change once you read them :D

Just a guess :maracas
You are correct that I do not read Berserk, but my opinion of gory images probably would not change. (I am assuming that Berserk contains a lot of gore, and that is probably one reason I won't be reading that series. :amuse)

Tsukisama, is there any particular reason why you don't have an avatar or signature!? You like the "naked" look? I guess it helps when your name is in bold though. :D
I like being mysterious. :sbunny
Plus, one time a user thought I was a bot, and so I decided to never put an avatar (unless it was amazing). :XD
 

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Youre not a bot??
 

Gecko Moria

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 6, 2008
Messages
1,074
Reaction score
288
Gender
Male
Country
New Zealand
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Youre not a bot??
Bots wouldn't use all the bunny smilies that Tsuki does :vbunny:?bunny:cheerbunny:worrybunny:whoabunny:sweatbunny:smugbunny:kissbunny:sbunny:hbunny:lovebunny:gigglebunny Did I miss any?

We should have a bunny theme here next time. Also, excellent signature in the "Wings" SOTW ~Coffee~. Polished and a vibrant approach to the theme.
 
Last edited:

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Bots wouldn't use all the bunny smilies that Tsuki does :vbunny:?bunny:cheerbunny:worrybunny:whoabunny:sweatbunny:smugbunny:kissbunny:sbunny:hbunny:lovebunny:gigglebunny Did I miss any?

We should have a bunny theme here next time.
You got all the bunnies, and I think I'll save the bunny theme for my birthday. :lovebunny
 

Roflkopt3r

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2010
Messages
2,476
Reaction score
1,663
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

()__()
(o_O)
(>_<) <-- I'ld clearly win bunny theme

I wrote a pm to vinty, not sure how gory the entry will be in the end yet :amuse
Takes all my time on photoshop though, I still didn't continue on my hellsing blood version yet :(
 

Shinsatsu

MH's Most Fashionable Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
2,817
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Bots can't write PMs as respectful and well mannered as Tsukisama's. I never get tired of reading them :)

I'm still lost. I can't decide which anime/movie should I use. I thought of Death Note but Light kills people with heart attacks... which means no blood :S

@ Kakashi: don't forget the focus point. When you make a signature, you have to decice the location of the center of power in your signature :)
@ Roflkopter: With that, you won the bunny competition! :D
 

Roflkopt3r

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2010
Messages
2,476
Reaction score
1,663
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Something which intrigues me are those body insights of Shigurui anime... Making something like that with blood... might be next to impossible to do nicely, but I can imagine great things coming out of that idea :oh
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top