All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2008-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

I saw your last one too!^^ Rly cute! You got my vote^^ Was that Valkirie Profile?
Thanks :D Yup! Fell in love with this game when I played it earlier this year.The art style is really amazing! :hurr
 

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010


:confetti
The winner of the wings theme sig contest has been decided, and the winner is hatsuharupeace! Congratulations on a most angelic victory! There were many amazing entries, and everyone should feel proud, but the one victor is you, Hatsu! :tem
:confetti

Please be sure to express your congratulations to hatsuharupeace for his win. :hbunny​

I look forward to the coming blood signatures. Remember you only have one week more to submit! Also, happy Halloween! :vbunny
 

hatsuharupeace

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 9, 2007
Messages
6,761
Reaction score
907
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

:oh
...
:oh:oh:oh
...
:oh
im le surprised.


but gratz to everyone else, veryy nice work
 
Last edited:

Roflkopt3r

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2010
Messages
2,476
Reaction score
1,663
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Congratz Hatsu :confetti
It didn't even surprise me that much, it's a very effective one and looks beatiful :wtf
What confuses me is that I got any votes and that DeBaron got none :huh
 

Shinsatsu

MH's Most Fashionable Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
2,817
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

:oh
...
:oh:oh:oh
...
:oh
im le surprised.
<hr noshade size="1">
but gratz to everyone else, veryy nice work
Congratz Hatsu ! ! ! :) Apparently you have alot of fans, don't be surprised :D
 

DeBaron8

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2010
Messages
551
Reaction score
571
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Congratz on the win Hatsu! :confetti It was a very nice sig. I like your style, your sigs are very cute and light.

Although, I'm a little sad for Coffee (sorry Bugzee). I thought his sig could be a real contender for the fall signature contest. IMHO, it is one of my favorite sigs of all time.

What confuses me is that I got any votes and that DeBaron got none :huh
IMO, it was not too surprising, my sig was pretty darn ugly. I love green and Zoro, and nevertheless the more I looked at it the more I hated it. Plus, you should be more confident! Your sigs are very good.
 

Roflkopt3r

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2010
Messages
2,476
Reaction score
1,663
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

IMO, it was not too surprising, my sig was pretty darn ugly. I love green and Zoro, and nevertheless the more I looked at it the more I hated it. Plus, you should be more confident! Your sigs are very good.
Well, I am confident for the current topic but definitly not for the last sig as it resulted from a barely half finished colourisation plus almost no editing afterwards and no real concept. Thanks, however :)
For your banner: The basic coloursation had quite some flaws, but none of them were still there in that editing for the signature. It was one of my personal favorites, but maybe it appeared too "restraining" to be noticed for the voters so to say :huh I loved that style though.


Currently still colouring for a Hellsing sig though the bloodlust concept somewhat grew to my heart, maybe I'll just try to improve that a little :D
 
Last edited:

DeBaron8

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2010
Messages
551
Reaction score
571
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

@Roflkopt3r - Your Hellsing coloring looks awesome!!! Look forward to seeing the sig.
 

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

'Grats Hatsu, lost by one again, and I think I always have 4-6 votes, I must have a set number of people who vote for me XD so apparently I need to make better ones to attract voters or something..... its wierd that ones that I feel I've but a lot of work into, dont get votes, but the ones I feel I skimped on win, lol...

Anyways, I think Im beginning to get my computer issues straightened out, though I still blue screen once in a while for some reason or another that Im still working on....

I made some iffy banners that Ill go turn in now~ while I cry about the wings theme~
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

No votes for Debaron! :o

Shin lost and Coffee must be really :mad right now. Bwhahahaha, I'll try and get something done for the Blood theme this week. Unlucky guys, you can all help me win next week. :hug
 

Roflkopt3r

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2010
Messages
2,476
Reaction score
1,663
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Ohmygodohmygodohmygod I found like the coolest panel ever to turn into a signature, just by painting the blood rest and leaving the rest like it is :wtf
Berserk of course :amuse
http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/1473/chargep.jpg
Bottom panel - Sufficient amount of blood (xD), practically a horizontal banner format already, super action.
It just has the huge practical issue that it's very detailled and it's almost impossible to see Gutts once it's downsized to 170px height with enough space at top and bottom. I might try to overcome that issue some way :D
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

I'm a little late but,Congrats Hatsu! Beautiful submission indeed. :)

Though I must admit, I thought Coffee would win :s
 

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

No votes for Debaron! :o

Shin lost and Coffee must be really :mad right now. Bwhahahaha, I'll try and get something done for the Blood theme this week. Unlucky guys, you can all help me win next week. :hug

Im :mad almost everytime XD I guess im just overly competitive
 

hatsuharupeace

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 9, 2007
Messages
6,761
Reaction score
907
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

tbh, i thought shin would have won it, he had a fabolous sense of composition to his, i really liked it, but yours, coffee, was pretty good as well. :D but i think i abused lighting too much haha
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Wanted to add more text to this sig, but I have no idea where it would go. The text that's already there doesn't fit well either :s


Any advice and criticism is welcomed.

It's 4 a.m, so I'm gonna take a few hours nap.
 

Shinsatsu

MH's Most Fashionable Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
2,817
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Kakashi! that signature is really good. Just work on the center of the sig because it has more contrast than it should have (especially his right hand).
P.S: you have improved your text manipulation. Keep up!

Kopt3r, that pannel is so goddamn awesome and hard to color. Do not resize it until you finish coloring it. If you manage to pull it off, you will definetly have my vote.
 

darkdana666

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 28, 2007
Messages
238
Reaction score
183
Gender
Female
Country
Serbia
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Congratulations hatsuharupeace!!! :confetti
 

Roflkopt3r

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2010
Messages
2,476
Reaction score
1,663
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

and hard to color. Do not resize it until you finish coloring it. If you manage to pull it off, you will definetly have my vote.
Well, trying to colour it decently would definitly take me more than a week at my pace :D
However, I created a first concept of what to do with Seras:
 

DeBaron8

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2010
Messages
551
Reaction score
571
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

@Kakashi - The latest version of your sig looks awesome! I really like it!:tem The only thing that I find a bit off is the white edges around the gate render. They stand out too much and have some jaggy edges. I think it would look better if you blurred them a bit, partially cropped them out, or changed the contrast. Not sure which might work, and my advice probably isn't very sound today, since I was also up until after 4am. :p I'd also try to help with the text, but I never know what looks good. :darn

@Roflkopt3r -The Hellsing sig looks great!:) The coloring is so well done and the blood effect looks very good.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top