All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2008-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leen

MH's Peacemaker
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
2,870
Reaction score
60
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

I remembered the old supersticker, so i did this signature, i hope you like it~~
I really like yours !!!!!
It's really nice. I love the folding effect and how you choose the color scheme. I haven't done any signature in eons. Should definitely try do more if time permits. haha. Have been busy with poster design (mostly) for the past 2 years or so. Good job. I like it.
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

Hah, kakashi919, that's a cool sig.! :D Nice idea.
thanks means a lot :D even though it's not exactly what i imagined but i think i got the idea right lol
 

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

Congratulations, WhatWhatinthebutt, for winning the baby theme! :confetti

I am glad to see that there are more participants in the current contest than last one. I guess cars are more interesting than babies. :tem
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

Congratulations, WhatWhatinthebutt, for winning the baby theme! :confetti

I am glad to see that there are more participants in the current contest than last one. I guess cars are more interesting than babies. :tem
well yeh cars are more interesting.. but i find babies creepy :tem
 

Adorien

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 9, 2008
Messages
4,137
Reaction score
7,525
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Bulgaria
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

Congrats, WhatWhat! :amuse

And horaaaay for MH! :party The special contest sounds really interesting.
 

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

So, there has only been 5 entries in the current contest. Although initially I thought that this contest was more popular than the baby contest, I don't suppose it is actually if they both end with 5 contestants making entries. Was this theme to hard too? :worrybunny
 

WhatWhatinthebutt

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2009
Messages
106
Reaction score
30
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

So, there has only been 5 entries in the current contest. Although initially I thought that this contest was more popular than the baby contest, I don't suppose it is actually if they both end with 5 contestants making entries. Was this theme to hard too? :worrybunny
Been so boggled down with school that I've been unable to actually make something... I had this idea in mind but it would take too much time(that rhymed.. :spaz)....
 

Akasunanosasori

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2007
Messages
451
Reaction score
53
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

u guys should allow horizontal sigs and with no offence sigs are not crop of others works...if u know what I mean.
 

Adorien

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 9, 2008
Messages
4,137
Reaction score
7,525
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Bulgaria
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

Been so boggled down with school that I've been unable to actually make something... I had this idea in mind but it would take too much time(that rhymed.. :spaz)....
I'm pretty much the same. Without the idea part. :p Usually ideas come to me while making something. Anyways, how much time is left? I might be able to make a sig these days...
 

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

u guys should allow horizontal sigs and with no offence sigs are not crop of others works...if u know what I mean.
I'm not exactly sure what you mean. If you wouldn't mind, could you explain your statement a bit more.

I'm pretty much the same. Without the idea part. :p Usually ideas come to me while making something. Anyways, how much time is left? I might be able to make a sig these days...
Well, actually the contest ends today. (I'm not going to do another extension like on the last one. I think five, while being a rather low number, is a respectable number of entries for a contest.)

I will create the voting and submission threads now. The next contest theme is "monster" inspired by Halloween. I hope you enjoy it. :tem
 

Sasori

Intl Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2007
Messages
284
Reaction score
268
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

Monster and Halloween !!! Nice theme :D
I'm thinking a signature with a lot of sexy monster (like Moka and Kurumu from "Rosario to Vampire") LOL
 

Akasunanosasori

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2007
Messages
451
Reaction score
53
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

I mean if u just take the work of someone and resize it and call it ur sig then it become a copyright violation! u need to create ur own efx and add ur touch to the sig so u can say it's yours.
If ur just going to resize some images then u need to credit the owner.
 

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

Monster and Halloween !!! Nice theme :D
I'm thinking a signature with a lot of sexy monster (like Moka and Kurumu from "Rosario to Vampire") LOL
I'm glad you like the theme! :occa I figured you would manage to find some way to make this ecchi. :amuse I look forward to what you create, since I don't follow "Rosario to Vampire." (I've heard of it, and I think I have seen some pictures of it, but I can't quite place it in my memory currently.)

I mean if u just take the work of someone and resize it and call it ur sig then it become a copyright violation! u need to create ur own efx and add ur touch to the sig so u can say it's yours.
If ur just going to resize some images then u need to credit the owner.
That is true. That definitely would be plagiarism and is definitely not condoned. It is hard to police such things like that by myself, but if you find anyone doing that, please let me know. (If they are already in a contest whose submission period has closed, then I will make a note of it and add the credits to the owner for those that don't have them.)
 

WhatWhatinthebutt

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2009
Messages
106
Reaction score
30
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

I'm glad you like the theme! :occa I figured you would manage to find some way to make this ecchi. :amuse I look forward to what you create, since I don't follow "Rosario to Vampire." (I've heard of it, and I think I have seen some pictures of it, but I can't quite place it in my memory currently.)



That is true. That definitely would be plagiarism and is definitely not condoned. It is hard to police such things like that by myself, but if you find anyone doing that, please let me know. (If they are already in a contest whose submission period has closed, then I will make a note of it and add the credits to the owner for those that don't have them.)
You can easily tell when a pic has been cropped..... but since there is no distinctive definition of a sig I personally don't see a problem with it....
 

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

You can easily tell when a pic has been cropped..... but since there is no distinctive definition of a sig I personally don't see a problem with it....
Well, I thought that Aka was referring to using an artist's image (i.e., some piece created by someone else) and just cropping or resizing it. It would be very difficult to know that such a thing has occurred unless one has seen the original artist's work for comparison.
 

Akasunanosasori

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2007
Messages
451
Reaction score
53
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

any anime image is in it self an artistic work !
 

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

any anime image is in it self an artistic work !
True, but I was referring to when there is no credit given. Providing a link to the original source where the person is named is giving credit to the original artist. The only difference is that you don't have to click the link to see the name.

The rules listed in the first post of each submission thread are legally sufficient to avoid copyright infringement and intellectual property theft, but if any original artist ever feels that his or her work has been wrongfully misused, the artist need only contact me or any other member of the MH staff for the image to be removed. That seems quite fair.

So, in conclusion, if you use some image, please credit where you got the image that somehow credits/names the creator or uploader of your source file.


The current sig contest has been up since Saturday, and there are still no entries! :worrybunny

Is this theme too hard or not enjoyable? :scry
 
Last edited:

Sasori

Intl Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2007
Messages
284
Reaction score
268
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

Welcome back Farfalla ^^
I've seen that you joined the 2009 MH Birthday Header Contest, good luck ;)

@Tsukisama,
i found the "cars" contest interesting as usual, I have no problem to find an ecchi girl for every contest LOL
 

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

Hello, Farfalla!!! It is nice to have you back. :hug Your submissions in the header contest look lovely.

@Tsukisama,
i found the "cars" contest interesting as usual, I have no problem to find an ecchi girl for every contest LOL
Well, I am glad you enjoyed the car contest, but the current one is on monsters. Hopefully, you will have something special for that too (undoubtedly ecchi :amuse). :tem


So far, there is just one submission by TeAm#7FoReVer. (Nice choice, T#7F! I was expecting someone to do a Kyuubi Naruto submission. :kyuubi)

T#7F comments that the this was a really hard theme. I was thinking that it might be an easy one given how ambiguous it is. A monster doesn't have to be the stereotypical monster; it could also be someone who is a monster in terms of personality (like a really evil person) too. So, you could go for the scary monster type, the evil villain type, or a nice Halloween costume type. There are so many options! :hbunny
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top