Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009
Now, let's look at the current signatures, shall we?
The first submission is Farfalla's. (She's back!

) Keeping in her usual submission style, the signature is ethereal and elegant with a pensive written statement accompanying the piece. As always, I'm curious whence you got the text and what special significance it is meant to have.
The art has an idyllic scenery with a verdant field of flowers and certain serenity, and the golden light of the sun works to great effect here. (It makes me long for spring to come soon and for cold autumn to be over soon.

) I don't recongize the girl or the species of her pet (gerbil, maybe?

). I really like the whisps in the foreground, and it sort of looks like there is a pink doily mattern in the upper left corner below the text blended in, which works amazingly well. Overall, this is a very great submission and a wonderful reentry into the contests after your break.
The next entry is by Sasori, another golden member (an allusion to their orange usernames

). The theme for this submission seems to be Konohagakure and Naruto from
Naruto. That scene with Naruto looks somehow familiar (although I can't remember him ever in a cool pose with a senbon needle in his mouth). Is it from an anime/manga scene? Naruto totally works here, especially with his golden (yellow) hair, the bottom of which just barely makes it into the submission.
What really does it for me is the background. I love the golden leaves in the background and the autumnal imagery. It really complements the real-life scenery and interestingly juxtaposes with Farfalla's more vernal submission. (You two didn't scheme this, did you?


) You also make use of a common theme associated with autumn: nostalgia. Naruto looking back on the golden days of Konoha while watching the falling of the golden autumn leaves is great. (Plus, on a smaller note, you are also working the
konoha =
leaf angle too, which adds even more to the subtext.) I imagine this is an older Naruto looking back over the many adventures and noble shinobi he has encountered over the years, as I find it hard to imagine the current Naruto like this just yet. Good job!
The third submission so far is by TeAm#7FoReVer (to whom I shall henceforth refer to as T7F for succintness if that is okay

). T7F went in a totally different direction than the previous two submission with theme. (I love how you guys manage such variation on a theme like this. It always makes me look forward to seeing your submissions!

) T7F decided to focus more on the elegance and opulence that has been associated with gold in pretty much cultures around the world.
In the image, we see a very affluent, sophisticated interior of some obvious grandiose mansion or hotel. This is a place for wealthy people of leisure. (The architecture looks awesome, and I never would have guessed it was actually a cathedral without clicking on the link in the credits!

) In the foreground, bathed in a golden glow and sparkles stand a beautiful couple, gazing lovingly at one another. The message of the signature is that love is what is truly gold, and the message is supported, as the love of the couple is what truly outshines the elegant splendor of the background scenery. Simply beautiful!
I am really excited over these the first three submissions. I do hope that others are inspired by the three great works so far and decide to participate themselves.
Also, I know I just stated a lot about these submissions, but I (and the artists themselves too, I'm sure) would love to see more comments about the submissions. Also, if the artists might want to share some comments on their works and the creative process behind their creation, that would also be encouraged.
Ah!!! While I was writing that big post, we got another submission!!!
Well, submit my sign in the GOLD contest.
Someone can check if the title of the work is ok? Or i make a mistake. xD
I need a lexical english help. xD
Your title looks fine. Thanks for the submission, Andrews!
When I create signatures, I try to come up with ideas on what some of the submissions might be, and since I am a Saint Seiya fan, I was looking forward to someone doing a Gold Saint submission!
It looks awesome, and the gold saints definitely deserve all the love they can get. (They always have such tragic pasts and fates, no?

) I'm trying to place which saint this is. If I were to venture to guess, I would say that this isn't one of the actual gold saints but is Seiya when his cloth evolves. Am I right?
I especially think it is Seiya, because the saint in this picture is doing what seems to be his signature Pegasus Ryuuseiken. (Plus, the
tiara head band looks a lot like the Pegasus one.) If he isn't Seiya, then my second guess would Tenma, the Pegasus saint from the Lost Canvas.
Overall, this is a super submission; I can feel his cosmos coming straight through the picture!!!
