Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010
[Accidently posted this is submissions when I clicked the wrong tab in my browser.. Sorry!!!!]
well I have some questions about the credits for these contests..
Ok, So if I had downloaded a huge pack of lets say C4D's a long time ago, and use some of those in the work. How do I go about crediting that?
Then I was curious, if you get renders/stock from a place that only members of that said place can view, do I still post a direct link to that render/stock, or just link the home page?
Thank you for your help~
Sorry for not responding sooner, ~Coffee~. What Yabe said is correct. If membership is required to see the website, then a link to the home page is sufficient; just try to credit the original provider of the image in some fashion (preferrably by mentioning the name of the original provider in a situation like this, but if you don't, there is really no way that I could check if I don't have membership to the site myself

).
(I got your PM on the matter, but since you asked here as well, I decided it would be simplest to respond here. I just wanted you to know that I read it though.

)
i'm wrong, or all subscriptions must be in accordance with the rule?
was already noticing some "rule breakers" in previous competitions.
mainly on the question of size, which according to the rules, must be at most 550x170 px...
ah! And the size in bytes (more than 300kbs in gifs, etc.)
Yeah, the rules apply to everyone and each submission, but I suppose that I am really lenient and soft on such matters. I don't like to delete submissions that don't follow the rules, and as long as the rules aren't violated in a major fashion, I usually let it slide. Also, depending on what rule is being broken (and how severely it is broken), I might let it slide the one time but contact the user if it becomes habitual.
When it comes to the size of submissions, just try to keep the submissions within a reasonable proximity to the the size specifications in the rules. There are some rules that I do strictly enforce, and in those situations, I usually try to contact the user via PM to get it fixed.
Also, I am not omniscient and may miss or misread something. If you ever notice one of the rules being broken, feel free to PM me about it and I will contact that user (but if it is something like a submission being 350KB instead of the max 300KB, then it is not as much of a big deal, while 600KB would be something big).