All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2008-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Well, you don't need to wait any longer. :amuse Voting for the underwater sig contest can now be done. There are 6 submissions, but only 1 can be the winner. Cast your vote and decide!

The new theme has been chosen, and the theme this time is strength. Your submission is based upon your concept of strength, and it can be whatever type of strength you decide to use, i.e., physical strength, emotional strength, etc. Good luck to all who have the creative strength to enter! :XD
What if there happens to be a tie? XD
 

Shinsatsu

MH's Most Fashionable Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
2,817
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

So, I made this signature but I wasn't sure wether to upload it now or wait a little more :)

What do you think?
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Submitted a sig for the strength theme. I think i made a mistake and uploaded it twice, sorry...
 

Shinsatsu

MH's Most Fashionable Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
2,817
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

nice lkakashi ;) keep up the good work ^^
Thanks to the last episode, I got myself a new signature :D ... Hmm I'll be making a new one for the contest, the one I posted here is not impressive I dont like it now :S (I have this desease called "I always start hating a signature after a day or two from it's creation date" lol).
 

DeBaron8

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2010
Messages
551
Reaction score
571
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

@ Shin Akuma - Really like your new the Pain sig - it was a good episode.

@Kakashi - Nice sig for the Strength theme - Really like the concept. Naruto has the strongest willpower and determination.

I've taken a break from working on my strength sig - I really struggle with effects to get sigs looking more 3 Demensional. I think I need some C4Ds.
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

I was supposed to put the whole saying by jiraiya but i kinda messed up lol. "What makes a ninja strong isn't all the jutsus a ninja has mastered... but the guts to never give up!"

@Sin Akuma lol Did the rinnegan give you that new idea? XD I was actually thinking of doing one with Pain and his team work... "There is strength in numbers"
 

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Tsukisama~ is it alright for me to enter the Amateur Coloring Contest as well?
 

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

I'm sorry for my absence this past week. There are quite a few questions for me, it seems. :tem

@Tsukisama - If I use a picture that I colored in a sig contest entry, can I still use the original for the Summer Art Contest?
Yes, you may. :kkthumbs

What if there happens to be a tie? XD
In the event of a tie, there are multiple winners, but ties are very unlikely and have rarely ever occurred. (Check the Sig Contest Hall of Fame to see those few ties. ;))

Tsukisama~ is it alright for me to enter the Amateur Coloring Contest as well?
Of course it is. :D



:confetti
The results of the underwater sig contest are in, and the winner is Farfalla with her lovely mermaid submission! It was a very close contest with veteran ~Coffee~ and newcomer nanaDmari close behind her, but she pulled a victory out of the water! :tem Congratulations, Farfalla, on your win, and I would love to know what the text says in English! :hbunny
:confetti

Be sure to wish Farfalla congratulations on her victory! :)
​

As for the current contest, with a week already gone by, there is only one submission. :worrybunny

Thanks for your submission, kakashi919! It looks like it should be a strong contender in the contest. ;) I just hope it gets some company soon.
 
Last edited:

Shinsatsu

MH's Most Fashionable Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
2,817
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Congratz Farfalla :)
I wonder how you guys find my submission ;P see you later!
 

nanaDmari

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2010
Messages
2,115
Reaction score
1,176
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

yey, Far, congratulations XD

now there are two submissions, but I hope to get mine ready soon...
strength was a good theme... somehow I find it quite difficult @___@
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Ty all!^^

Coffee, I'll try to submit some colouring work to the amateur contest too XD!

And I'll try to make my Str sig soon too ;-; Got a job *0* So I'll be with short time XD

Tsukisama, this text came from a song^^ It's a brazilian band one, called "O Rappa". It means: "so we can see what's left from heaven"
 

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Congrats Farfalla~

Though I have to admit its sorta frustrating to keep losing by 1 vote~ T_T
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Congrats LaLa!!! :clap

Awesome sig, a well deserved victory. That tutorial really worked well with your underwater idea. ^^ I recommend to my fellow contestants to explore and experiment with your sigs as much as possible. There are so many awesome tutorials online for several different programs including Photoshop, GIMP, etc. It's really interesting and cool what you can find/learn from some of those tutorial clips imho. Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing what you guys come up with for the strength theme. Good luck to everyone!

Don't be like that....come on. I'm sure you'll win again very soon Coffee~ :cheerbunny
 

DeBaron8

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2010
Messages
551
Reaction score
571
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Congrats on the win Farfalla

@ Tsukisama - I couldn't get my pix to upload into the photoblog for the Summer coloring contest. It said uploads were disabled. Or could there be a size limit? please help.

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this question, wasn't sure where to post this.
 

Shinsatsu

MH's Most Fashionable Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
2,817
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Though I have to admit its sorta frustrating to keep losing by 1 vote~ T_T
lol :) I know how you feel.
--------------------------
I made this one too ... I didnt know what to write so I decided to upload the Bison sig :S
 

vintagemistakes

Vintage Reboot
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
4,777
Reaction score
2,840
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Congrats on the win Farfalla

@ Tsukisama - I couldn't get my pix to upload into the photoblog for the Summer coloring contest. It said uploads were disabled. Or could there be a size limit? please help.

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this question, wasn't sure where to post this.
Sorry about that. For some reason the uploads for two of the categories were disabled :sweat It should be fixed now.

If you have any other problems or questions, please use this thread or PM Tsuki or I. Thanks.
 

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Congrats on the win Farfalla

@ Tsukisama - I couldn't get my pix to upload into the photoblog for the Summer coloring contest. It said uploads were disabled. Or could there be a size limit? please help.

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this question, wasn't sure where to post this.
Sorry about that. For some reason the uploads for two of the categories were disabled :sweat It should be fixed now.

If you have any other problems or questions, please use this thread or PM Tsuki or I. Thanks.
Thanks, Vinty. Like he said, if you have questions related to the Summer Art Contests, your questions would be best posted in the Summer Art Contest thread where not only we two but any other entrants who may have similar questions are likely to view.

Also, Vinty was being a bit modest. If you have any problems specifically with uploading to the galleries for the summer art contests, he is the guy to call. I would try to help you with such a problem, but he really is the one who handles the galleries for the summer art contests and I would ultimately just go running to him for help anyway. :XD
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

congrats farfalla :D
too bad cofee, was hoping you would get two in a row
 

Shinsatsu

MH's Most Fashionable Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
2,817
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Nice entries everyone. I hope this continues this way until we see 20 entries per week !
Voters then should spend a long time browsing the signatures to decide which one to vote for :)

Don't mind me, I'm just trying to create a conversation here lol.
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

I agree with you, Shin. Awesome Shiryuu sig dude. There's a few One Piece-related submissions in this contest. I wasn't expecting this. I really like nanaD's strength sig idea. lol

I'm currently finishing off my sig atm, it'll hopefully be up in a few hours. :XD
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top