All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2008-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

I think I did a little too much with this attempt... but this is what I've been working on

 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

So awesome! :o

This theme is going to be very challenging indeed. :D
 

nanaDmari

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2010
Messages
2,115
Reaction score
1,176
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

valkyrie profile, isn't it? *-*
I love the art of that game...

heheh gundam "wing" XD
I can't give a feedback on that because I never watched any gundam... but I had a similar thought... when I saw the theme it imediatelly came to my mind "X-wing" :D

I was absent, but voting... had soooo much things to do in university... if I have some time I'll try doing something for this theme... good luck, people \o\~
 

DeBaron8

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2010
Messages
551
Reaction score
571
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Still on vacation...s l o w.... i n t e r n e t

@Shin - I agree with Kakashi's points about your Gundam sig. I wouldn't say I totally dislike the yellow, but I think there is a bit too much of it, and maybe part of the text could blend in a bit more or there could be some other subtle effects around the render to compliment/balance out the yellow. I'm also am not a fan of Gundam, so I can't say if it fits the character. I really like the grunge type blend between the black background and the render.

@Roflkopt3r - I think Toshiro is a good idea. When I followed Bleach, he was one of my more favorite characters, and I think he's generally quite popular, plus a great representative of the wings theme. Although, I can imagine coloring ice is diffcult, but I think you have the talent to do it. You got my vote in the summer art contest. :)

@ Kakashi - That wing effect looks beautiful, on the 2nd version I really like the right side, but think the original see through wings are overshadowed by that eye shaped white spot on the left side. 2nd Render is much better. Btw, the lighting effect on the wings is truly amazing, one of the best things I've seen. Great work! :D

@Bugzee - :confetti Congrats on the win for best Summer Signature!!! That one was a classic.

@Faux-kun - Welcome to the contest, glad to see another participant. :)

As for the wings theme. If I make a wings theme sig I'm thinking of doing something from Blood +. But, I really have to write a chapter of my thesis when I get home, so my participation here may wane in the next month or two. :(
 

Roflkopt3r

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2010
Messages
2,476
Reaction score
1,663
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

@Roflkopt3r - I think Toshiro is a good idea. When I followed Bleach, he was one of my more favorite characters, and I think he's generally quite popular, plus a great representative of the wings theme. Although, I can imagine coloring ice is diffcult, but I think you have the talent to do it. You got my vote in the summer art contest. :)
Well, thanks alot :D
I think frozen wings can look amazing if I can figure out a way to get a cool icy look but I didn't really... how to put it, lacking words here. German expression would be "mit etwas warm werden" (getting warm with something - starting to like something). I somewhat lack a vision of how a final result could look like which is unusual for me, since I usually have some unreachable unrealistic final idea which I attempt to fulfill as far as it's possible :amuse
Also the topic "Wings" sounds lightweight and gentle to me while ice wings are somewhat heavy, yet another reason why Toshiro isn't really the first thing coming to my mind to this topic.

However, you're right when saying that he's a great character as he's one of my favorites as well, and the idea might have potential. I'm still undecided about what I'll do in the end :amuse
 

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

The gundam sig looks pretty good, but theres something odd about it, maybe you should try laying in a nice gradient map or something along those lines over the top of it~
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Arggghh!! This is kinda frustrating... Can't decide what to do. Wouldn't see the face in the feathers properly unless it's a white background and I really like that effect, but i don't want a plain white background.Hope I figure something out soon :(

A different approach:
 

Roflkopt3r

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2010
Messages
2,476
Reaction score
1,663
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

I liked the first version a bit better, Kakashi. Simply because the lucid blue looked extremely suitable to a Wings-topic as it made it look like a bright sky and very airy.
 

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

I like both versions, kakashi919. If I had to choose one though, I would say I like the second one better. There seems to be a good contrast there with the different colors, whereas there does not seem to be much definition in the background of the first with the blue and white sort of blending together. (I'm not sure if the first one is a finished version, as it differs quite a bit from the second one, but if it is unfinished, it would definitely be worth doing a finished version, as the color scheme gives off a more airy feel like Roflkopt3r said.)

@ Tsukisama: In a manga oriented forum, I think that manga related signature have a higher chance of winning. I didn't say that abstract signatures never win :S I only meant that you need to put an extra effort in making them if you want them to compete with the manga signatures :)
Ah, okay. I misunderstood you. I agree. :nod

@ Tsukisama, you seem to be extremely active after a short break/disappearance..
- Last night I was looking at random renders and some themes popped into my head =
Secrets

Crossovers

Groups

BIG

Cat

Cold

Tech

Stripes

Swords

Weapons
Thanks for noticing me and for the suggestions. I will add them to my list. :kkthumbs
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

@Roflkot3r
Yeah I liked that one better because of the blue and it's easier to see the faces on the feather. Like you said, the left side needs more work.

@Tsukisama
This last version is a finished version, but the others aren't. As you said, the clolors look good together, but I want the feathers to be the main focus on the sig. I'm having a hard time getting a good background for the feathers to really stand out.

Thanks for the feedback! It's really helpful :D


I think I will go with this one :confused:

 
Last edited:

Shinsatsu

MH's Most Fashionable Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
2,817
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

I put alot of effort in this signature:



It could be my final version and thus, my entry for the wings theme.
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Does the submission have to be in jpeg/jpg format? The png quality looks really low when uploaded here.


Guh I see why.... it was my bad meh.
 
Last edited:

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

@Kakashi, awwww too bad, I liked the one with more colors
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Too bad indeed. Asked Tsukisama if i can reupload what i submitted because the quality was set too low by mistake when i saved it. Hopefully i will be allowed to.
 

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Yeah. You can reupload the submission. If you ever need to do that, just reupload it, resubmit in the submission thread, and I (or another moderator) will correct the submission post. :)
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Shin did it again!!! Congratz! :amuse
 

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Eh! Bugzee beat me to it. :XD My computer has been malfunctioning since midweek, and I am using my phone for this. :sweatbunny ... Anyway...

:confetti
The winning reflection theme signature has been decided by 19 voters, and the winner is once again Shinsatsu!! The death reflection had the winning look, and its artist deserves our congratulations! Well done, Shin! :whoabunny

:confetti​

Be sure to give Shinsatsu your congratulatory reflections. :tem
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Congrats Shin! Again! lol I think it was obvious you were gonna win this one.

@Tsukisama
Ah okay, but it seems that it will look the same no matter what in the submission thread.
 

Shinsatsu

MH's Most Fashionable Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
2,817
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Thanks people :) I did my best :D

Sadly, I have alot of problems lately so I'm not posting in mangahelpers like I used to be... I just hope I can keep submitting entries for the future contests ^^
 

darkdana666

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 28, 2007
Messages
238
Reaction score
183
Gender
Female
Country
Serbia
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Hehehe! Not that I have a change against some awesome sig makers around here, but I entered the contest.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top