All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2008-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

@Kakashi, the thing Shin said about too much space, that just depends on the tastes of whoever is looking at it~
 

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Thank you all for the comments. I am so glad that you like the contest the way it is just as much as I do. The contest will stay the way it is!
[move]:confetti:kissbunny:confetti[/move]

Also, here is my idea for the government theme. I kinda went with the idea of a government enforcer and government orders. I wanted to ask if this sig seems theme appropriate, and see what you guys think. I know I shouldn't try to make sigs with so many renders because I'm not skilled enough to pull them all together, but I gave it my best shot since I've always wanted to make a Itachi sig and I thought this was a good opportunity to do so.

This is definitely theme-appropriate, and I like it very much, especially now that the text is more legible. Of the first one though, I liked how the characters (Itachi and the elders) were more in shadow. It added more of a dramatic effect, but both versions are good. :)
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

I have two ideas for a corruption sig...started on this one :

 

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

I have two ideas for a corruption sig...started on this one :

That is a nice picture, and it is really close to the theme of this contest. I think that, with some appropriate text, you could make the image a signature about government corruption and not just corruption. :) (The point is that you need to underscore the government aspect. ;))


:confetti
The winner of the blood sig contest has been decided by your votes, and the one with the best and bloodiest is Farfalla!

Your elf was was beautiful and blood. Truly a beauty too sharp to be trifled! :tem (Seriously though, the signature is gorgeous from the blood red-haired elf to the background that blends so well with it. Was that background from some image of a sunset, or did you do that yourself? :))

Anyway, congratulations! :hbunny
:confetti

Please be sure to wish Farfalla your congratulatory sentiments as well! :)​

We still have one week for the government sig contest, and with no submissions yet, should I be worried? :worrybunny
 
Last edited:

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Congrats Farfalla! :D

Truly beautiful sig.

@Tsukisama - It's a little difficult to get the right sig for this Government theme. But I don't think you should worry about submissions.
 

Roflkopt3r

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2010
Messages
2,476
Reaction score
1,663
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Congraz Farfalla! :confetti
That sig looks really neat and high quality, a deserved victory :)

Damn, still don't have a concept for the gouvernment theme, only one or two ideas :amuse
 

Iceiphoenix

Hunter x Queen
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 2, 2010
Messages
2,353
Reaction score
2,443
Gender
Female
Country
Australia
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Congrats Farfalla! :confetti I love your sig :D
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Congrats Far~ :turtle
 

Shinsatsu

MH's Most Fashionable Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
2,817
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Congratulations Farfalla. ^^
 

DeBaron8

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2010
Messages
551
Reaction score
571
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

:confetti Congrats on the win Farfalla!!! :confetti​
I really like your sig. It is both pretty and bloody at the same time. :D

@Tsukisama- I'm not sure about everyone else, but I will definitely submit a sig for the governemnt theme. :)
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Question time with Tsukisama xD - So the theme is government. I'm just wondering whether we can focus on the military aspect of a government?

Oh yeah and are we strictly only allowed to submit ONE signature piece per contest?
 

DeBaron8

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2010
Messages
551
Reaction score
571
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

There, I submitted my government sig. Hopefully this will make Tsukisama feel better, and encourage others to follow suit. :D
 

nanaDmari

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2010
Messages
2,115
Reaction score
1,176
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Congratulations, Far! (Who knows when she will see this @_@)

I need one night to make my sig for this theme... I'll try making it soon...
and it seems that governments don't have a bright side people can explore for this XD
 

Roflkopt3r

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2010
Messages
2,476
Reaction score
1,663
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Congratulations, Far! (Who knows when she will see this @_@)

I need one night to make my sig for this theme... I'll try making it soon...
and it seems that governments don't have a bright side people can explore for this XD
Not in case of real existing governments, that's for certain :D

I was thinking about doing something Warcraft-related... Arthas or his father (Prince and King)... but almost everything related to that topic comes from high quality movies and looks best without any editing so I've no idea if I could do anything with that, I don't want to submit something that's only been cropped to a suitable size :notrust
 

Gecko Moria

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 6, 2008
Messages
1,074
Reaction score
288
Gender
Male
Country
New Zealand
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Congratulations Farfalla!

The truly outstanding element of that signature was the beautiful background. Delightfully vibrant but at the same time capturing the essence of the blood theme.
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

"capturing the essence of the blood theme." :o
 

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Feedback? (ignore the crappy-ness of the text for now)
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

:jawdrop



I hate you. :scry
 

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

I know im doing something right, if people exclaim their hate for me! XD
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

That's a super awesome-looking sig, Coffee. :D

How the hell did you manage to get such a clean picture/render? :blink and did you create the background from scratch or did you use an image to help you?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top