All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2008-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

The ideas you use in conjunction with your super clear renders are always awesome and *.*! I honestly think you could've done a lot better for the light-theme sig though. Take it up a notch!
- Well first of all, I just meant the fact that it looks like the umbrella is broken or something was what bothered me~ And yesh, I could have done better, I was also being Lazy (just not quite as lazy as everyone else) -

Where's your buddy, Yaoi-yo, Coffee? o.O
- Unno, he is a weirdo -


@DeBaron - It must be the Card~


Some Good Sig Tries -



Title = When Good Goes Bad 1


Title = When Good Goes Bad 2




 
Last edited:

DeBaron8

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2010
Messages
551
Reaction score
571
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

@ Coffee - I really like the second one! :D Great composition and lighting! IMO the only thing I'd change is the sharpness of the render's face. I think it may look better if it was a bit more crisp, or perhaps have slightly more contrast or darkness on the side away from the light source. Good to see you have lots of ideas, I'm totally lost on what to do for this theme.
 

Shinsatsu

MH's Most Fashionable Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
2,817
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

@Shin - I like the idea of your submission, but I think it would have been better with a dark background.
xD
Can't be done. The render is all black and I tried very hard to make it visible in a darl environment but I failed miserably ... That's why I said I hate the signature :P
But Bugzee liked the color combination so I'm not unsatisfied.
 

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Ok - Hows this one =


Or does it look better like with a little more light around the sword? =



Previous Version to Compare =
 
Last edited:

DeBaron8

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2010
Messages
551
Reaction score
571
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

@Coffee - Yeah, IMO the new version looks much better and I like the extra light on the sword too. Btw, I liked the title as well. :) The reverse would also be interesting: "When Bad turns Good" Doesn't sound quite as nice, but there would be some interesting ideas for a sig.
 

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

mmmm, it makes me think of a Vegeta sig~
Other than that, I cant think of a Bad gone Good off the top of my head, Id have to think for a minute~ XD
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Cool test sigs Coffee. I like the second one the most because of the lighting on the sword.

I hope I get back my sister's laptop in time to take part in this one.
 

DeBaron8

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2010
Messages
551
Reaction score
571
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

@Coffee - Thats really funny, because the first thing my sister said was that I should do a Vegeta sig. I always ask for her advice when I have no ideas. I was kinda thinking of doing a Sesshomaru sig, but I haven't found the right render yet.
 

darkdana666

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 28, 2007
Messages
238
Reaction score
183
Gender
Female
Country
Serbia
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Seems like darkdana666 is gone!
Not gone, just really busy! :sweat But I lurk around here from time to time... :amuse
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Got back the laptop :confetti

So I would be able to take part in the current theme :D

Already have ideas :)
 

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Im looking forward to a noice Vegeta Sig~
 

DeBaron8

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2010
Messages
551
Reaction score
571
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

@Coffee - I hope it's not me who you are expecting to make it. :P But I'd love to see one too, he's my favorite DBZ character. I'm not sure I like my sig thus far, I did a Sesshomaru one, I'll post it sometime soon to get your opinions. I'm at a LAN party right now, so it may not be until tomorrow. Mabye I'll try a Vegeta one later just for fun.
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

I think I'll try a "Everyone has good in them" sig. Or something along those lines... Had a few ideas that I wanna try, but I think that's the kind I will go with in the end.Good luck to everyone :D
 

DeBaron8

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2010
Messages
551
Reaction score
571
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

@Kakashi - I like you idea, it's more interesting than just making a sig about someone who is obviously good. I kinda went with a similar notion when I made this:

"Good at Heart"


As always I don't really like the text, but I wasn't sure what else to do with it. Any feedback would be appreciated. :)
 

Shinsatsu

MH's Most Fashionable Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
2,817
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Amazing background DeBaron. The lighting is well done and the position of the render is perfect. There is only a problem with the render's quality. But I think that you didn't find a better one.
P.S: look around in the internet for some sig tutorials especially the ones with good text on them. Ignore the first steps of the tutorials and try the text part ! it will help you alot in case you're not satisfied with your current text skills.

Keep it up ^^


Being unable to edit you grammar and spelling mistakes is frustrating :S
 
Last edited:

DeBaron8

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2010
Messages
551
Reaction score
571
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Thanks a lot for the feedback Shin! Yeah, I had to use a screenshot from the anime as a render. I should have colored the page from the manga if I wanted better quality, but it just takes so much time, and I am lazy.
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

It looked like people were gonna do sigs concentrating on a character being good or turning good.So I thought I would focus on good moral or something similar. Sorry I cant really explain it lol.

About your sig, Shin already summed it all up,but I think the text would look better if it was smaller. Probably a different font would help too.

I will try to start working on my own tonight...I'm a bit busy with painting the house :XD
 

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

@Kakashi - I like you idea, it's more interesting than just making a sig about someone who is obviously good. I kinda went with a similar notion when I made this:

"Good at Heart"


As always I don't really like the text, but I wasn't sure what else to do with it. Any feedback would be appreciated. :)
- That was MY idea, lol!!!~

anyways Ill see if I can find a nice sesshy render for ya~
 

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

The voting phase for the 2010 Autumn Signature Contest, in addition to all of the other autumn art contests, has begun. Due to this being the holiday season, the voting period has been extended to two weeks. So, you have until January 4th to vote for your favorite of the fall! :whoabunny

Thank you for all of the lovely feedback on my comments, everyone! :hug I am glad you all like them, as I really enjoy writing them and shall continue to do so. :tem

and @ Tsukisama, your comments are always good to hear (for the people who win) but Im curious. You said that you used to comment for each entry but I dont remember that, so it must have been before I showed up correct?
Yes, it has been a bit of a while since I last wrote comments on each entry. I know that most people don't bother searching through the old posts in this thread (although I would highly suggest it, as I just recently went back through this thread and had some really fond memories :amuse), but if you did, I think that the last time I did that was a little over a year ago in autumn 2009.

If I remember correctly, you started participating in the contests not too long afterward. :)

I initially made that Marco sig to submit for the fire-themed contest but unfortunately I missed the deadline so I had no choice but to store it on my comp hoping for a chance to reuse it either for a future sig contest or just give it to someone to use as a sig or something. Luckily for me, the light-themed contest paved the way for me to take advantage of my uber-smexy and zomg-epic-like Marco sig. :p

Seriously though...I was working hard on a Daft Punk x Tron Legacy sig which you can see below:

​

I just didn't have enough time to finish it before the deadline tbh. Neither did I feel comfortable or happy with it at the time for me to just submit it in anyway. So for now it's "on hold" xD.
I thought I remembered that Marco signature! :XD You could have just held on to it until April for the next past theme anniversary special, but phoenixes have some mythical association to light and thus your signature was still appropriate.

I like the Tron signature. I am sure that there will be a theme for which that one will be applicable at some future point. (One of the themes on my list of possible themes is "digital," and your signature would fit really well with that theme.) :hbunny

Unlucky dude. At least you're NOT THAT lazy and you're still able to submit and post around here. :p I wish you the best of luck for your up and coming exams, Shin! :)
Yes, best of luck on your exams, Shinsatsu! :cheerbunny
I imagine that this is probably a pretty busy exam period for most of you; so, thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedules to participate here. As I mentioned about a week ago, I also had exams and just recently finished my exams as well! :occa


@Kakashi - I like you idea, it's more interesting than just making a sig about someone who is obviously good. I kinda went with a similar notion when I made this:

"Good at Heart"


As always I don't really like the text, but I wasn't sure what else to do with it. Any feedback would be appreciated. :)
I like it thus far. :nod Perhaps you might try to make Sesshoumaru and Rin stand out a bit more though. Sesshoumaru's kind heart is the focal piece of the signature, and so you don't want him to fade into the background.

The image of the two you use is very good. If you were looking for another image to use to fill up more space in the background, you might consider including Tenseiga. That sword is sort of the vehicle for Sesshoumaru's moral transformation.

(I just finished watching the end of InuYasha: the Final Act last weekend, by the way. I loved that manga and seeing the end of the anime series made me rather nostalgic about it. :amuse)
 
Last edited:

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

I imagine that this is probably a pretty busy exam period for most of you; so, thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedules to participate here. As I mentioned about a week ago, I also had exams and just recently finished my exams as well!
Mine finished a week or so ago, bwhahahahahah

Also a question about the new rules for the Artists of MH, Tsukisama.
- I looked through the new list and there didnt seem to be anything that would affect me, but I was curious about the new Gallery Section... are we supposed to move everything from our Gallery threads into the actual image gallery?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top