All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2008-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Jeeeeze, Everyone keeps getting so silent, not only here, but in ALL of the forums that I go to.... lol - I was gonna post some more Sigs, but if nobody is alive....


LOL
 
Last edited:

Shinsatsu

MH's Most Fashionable Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
2,817
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

During the breaks that I took while studying (and it's a goddamn long time), I made a coloring attempt to this berserk pannel...
I hope that you like what you see :D
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

^
V.cool coloring Shin. You used a tablet? Or mouse? I just started trying to do colorings, but since I don't have a tablet, it's really really hard lol.

These were some smudging sigs I tried >_>



 

Shinsatsu

MH's Most Fashionable Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
2,817
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

@ kakashi:
I don't have a tablet :( I used the good old mouse -___-
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

That's really good since you're using a mouse. I want to get a tablet, but they're really expensive here. I colored a Yondaime render yesterday, but it didn't look too great :(


-_-;@ no editing....
The render in my current sig is what I'm talking about. Though the middle part lost it's correct color :XD
 
Last edited:

nanaDmari

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2010
Messages
2,115
Reaction score
1,176
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

@Nana - The style of art you use is really different from everyone else....I know it's original, but I think it's great to use that style other than anime/manga renders.
thanks
I also do my signatures thinking of something I would like to use... I know this is a manga community but our life is not only that right? n_n

@ kakashi:
I don't have a tablet :( I used the good old mouse -___-
._.
good coloring indeed... even more if you only used the mouse... I don't have the patience to color something without my tablet... I only did that one time, because I had to finish it during one Image Treatment class... I probably won't do it again...
and I made it really simple:
 

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

I always like your entries as well nanaDmari - they are always so unique~
 

Yaotzin

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 3, 2010
Messages
35
Reaction score
27
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

What else am I supposed to do after I put the pic in the entry thread? I forget.
 

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

"Theme" - "Optional custom title" by "artist"

(Large size thumbnail)

"credits, other comments"



1. Go HERE.
2. Choose "Sig Contest Submissions" as the Category.
3. Click the "Choose File" button to select your submission entry and then click "submit".
4. After upload is complete, you'll be redirected to your uploaded image; copy the thumbnail code listed (gallery preview) and post that code in this thread using the proper posting format.
There ya go~
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

I submitted a sig for the good theme. It's not great, but I doubt I would get a good idea by the deadline,so....

I went with a sad theme for the good theme :XD
 

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Congratulations Bugzee, you've beaten me again~ by a staggering amount, I might add.. (Though it is quite disheartening that one of my awesome sigs cant even win a seasonal)
Anyways ~ Congratulations again, it was an epic work crammed full of color, very eye catching!~
 

Shinsatsu

MH's Most Fashionable Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
2,817
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Yes it was obviously the winning piece because it stood out so much from the rest of the entries.
Congratulations Bugzee, and good luck to the rest of us in the next competitions :D
 

DeBaron8

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2010
Messages
551
Reaction score
571
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Congrats on the Seasonal competition win Bugzee!!! That was the most colorful sig I've ever seen. Very pretty.

@Kakashi - I love your entry for the good theme! It's really different from your usual style and the effects look amazing! The collage in the middle is great and so is the text! :D
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Congrats winning the seasonal contest Bugz!! :confetti

@DeBaron - Thanks :tem I didn't know I had a particular style though :XD I think the render was a mistake, to be honest, but I couldn't find any more "family" photos that I liked. I wanted to have more but, I just couldn't find more that I like.
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

:jawdrop I actually won it! :jawdrop​

Seriously...I was 99% confident that I would lose the autumn contest. That's why I had the intention of submitting something for another contest but I sadly didn't have the time to complete the piece. Coffee definitely had one super awesome signature and I honestly believed you would win it by a mile! What the hell's wrong with you? You were suppose to ask your friends to vote for your submission...not mine. :D

Congratulations Bugzee, you've beaten me again~ by a staggering amount, I might add.. (Though it is quite disheartening that one of my awesome sigs cant even win a seasonal)
Anyways ~ Congratulations again, it was an epic work crammed full of color, very eye catching!~
Thank you very much, Coffee~ :hi5

Please don't be mad at me. I have zero control over this (apart from my own sig creations). I honestly accepted defeat in this seasonal contest before I even won the fashion themed contest. :darn

I knew that the fashion themed sig was my last hope...and that's why I had spent a great deal of time in the early hours of the morning coming up with the basic design/idea of the overall look of the sig. Thanks for the compliments, I still think you're one of the top sig makers (and Artists) on MH and I can't see that changing in the near future. ;)

Yes it was obviously the winning piece because it stood out so much from the rest of the entries.
Congratulations Bugzee, and good luck to the rest of us in the next competitions :D
Obvious to you? :o

Congrats on the Seasonal competition win Bugzee!!! That was the most colorful sig I've ever seen. Very pretty.
Congrats winning the seasonal contest Bugz!! :confetti
Thank you Shin, DeBaron8 and kash! :beer HAHAHA! Good luck to us all! I have a feeling Coffee is going to come back in style~ :p

Thanks goes to all of you guys who participate on a regular basis in these sig contest(s). I wouldn't be motivated in creating such pieces if it weren't for the awesome support, energy and friendliness that exists in this beloved section of MH. :wub
 

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

~Please dont misunderstand my comment Bugzee~ I was saying that I felt sad that my Requiem no Tameni sig was so liked initially but then was blown away later XD

- All this irritation is only fueling my photoshop improvement~

anyways, Im gonna try and fix up one of those test sigs that Ive shared to turn it in (hopefully in time) for the Good Theme....(The reason Im bringing this up, is that my Laptop is having some major problems {the sp2 was uninstalled, yet it wont allow me to reinstall it saying 'SP2 is already installed'} and a ton of programs/services will no longer work and or reset all the time) This leaves me with a pagefile that is set too low and forces my Photoshop to crash when I attempt to open it.

While I do have my desktop with Photoshop CS2 on it, it IS CS2 and the monitor, as has come up before in here, has odd settings and looks completely different than it should. So while im attempting to fix my laptop before the due date for the theme, I might have to settle for finishing the sig in CS2 on my desktop instead.
 

Shinsatsu

MH's Most Fashionable Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
2,817
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

At least you're trying to make something.
I have no idea what to make ...
 

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

go with eating something that tastes good~ lol, that was one of my options~
 

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Congratulations, Bugzee, for winning the 2010 Autumn Signature Contest! :confetti
In case anyone had forgotten, Bugzee also won the 2010 Summer Signature Contest, making this his second season in a row of victory! :whoabunny Job very well done! Before last summer, dHEKU won the past four seasonal signature contests in a row to become the first Signature Contest Winner of the Year, and Bugzee is off to a magnificent run so far. :tem

In regards to my last post, it certainly was not my intention to make any one person feel singled out or that I am upset with any of you. It was more in response to a trend of posts I would see whenever someone wins one of these contests and others playing down the win. I do think that nanaDmari raises a very insightful point about people likely voting based on which signature they would use for themselves. Whatever the reason someone votes for signatures in the contest, I would simply ask that we maintain a spirit of good-natured sportsmanship and comraderie, which is generally what is the case in this contest. :tem

Anyway, it is nice to see a few more submissions in the current contest. This is definitely a good way to start the new year! :XD They look better than good: great! There is a few more days for anyone else who would like to submit.


Concerning the same render contest, I think that is enough popular support to warrant approval! :D

So, I guess what we need now is for people to start picking out renders that they would like. I am thinking that everyone can start off brainstorming now. Perhaps in about three weeks or so, I shall create a thread where each of you will post your ultimate suggestion for a render to be used, after which I shall create a poll where people will vote on which render to be selected for the contest.

Does that sound like a good plan? If not, feel free to suggest a different course of action. If so, then let the brainstorming begin! :cheerbunny
 
Last edited:

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

That sounds terrific Tsukisama! I am very excited about that theme~~~~
As soon as I get my freshly wiped Laptop all upgraded with all my programs reinstalled and my backed up files replaced t(T_T)t - Ill be looking through and picking out the ones I feel would be awesome and that I would like to see what everyone does with~

On another note, I had another idea for a Theme, though Im unsure how to word it~
~Gender Bender? Gender Crossover? XD ~ before anyone misunderstands, Im talking about those neat renders that you see once in a while where a popular male character is drawn to be a female or Female -> Male~ - XD
Anyways, Just a random thought when I found a Female version of Ace from OP
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top