All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2008-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

Farfalla has already submitted her sig! :o Nice idea lol~

It's ashame she ignores this thread and doesn't even pop by to say hello! :(

So how's everybody else coping with this new theme? xDDD Any ideas?


@ DeBaron8 - That sig sure is shaping up to be an excellent submission for this theme. :blink
 
Last edited:

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

Dont be mean, Jin T~T

It's just that I have to be in my other comp to log in xD Next time I logged in two comps in the same day, I got a IP warn ;-; See? If I get another one, it's your fault xP

Miss you, guys^^ As always!
And I need Tsuki-sama to clear some doubts I have! xD
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

Two submissions already? :oh I think that's a record :XD

@Shin - I remember trying to make a sig with that ninja assasin pic for the blood theme. Cool submission :tem

@Farfalla - Good to see you submit a sig again :D Hope you can come back soon :tem
 

Shinsatsu

MH's Most Fashionable Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
2,817
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

I had some free time, so I made my entry early this time. Last time I thought I'd have some free time before the deadline but I was wrong.
I hope you like the signature :) I put alot of effort in making it look like that... Fusing techniques can drive you insane.
 

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

This was my first try for the Shadow theme
"What Lurks In The Shadows"





Its not complete but what are your thoughts?
 
Last edited:

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

Hmmm.. I dunno... the background doesn't really fit imo. I don't really like the text :darn

I got a cool idea :XD
 

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

hence the reason I said it wasnt finished, lol

I originally didnt have an area background, maybe it looks better that way
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

haha yeah. Would have been cool if you could make a animated gif with that render :XD
 

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

I could do that, like it popping out at you??
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

Yeah,exactly! Ah...the Dino Crisis memories are coming back :tem


This is my first attempt. It's unfinished, but this is just to show the idea I'm working on.

 
Last edited:

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

These were the first few renders that Ive set aside for the shadow theme -







 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

Dont be mean, Jin T~T

It's just that I have to be in my other comp to log in xD Next time I logged in two comps in the same day, I got a IP warn ;-; See? If I get another one, it's your fault xP

Miss you, guys^^ As always!
And I need Tsuki-sama to clear some doubts I have! xD
Whaaat? I wasn't being mean. T^T You were! :p

It's good to see you again around here~ ^^ I hope you sort everything out with those "doubts/issues" you have. xD Far~ you have to participate during the special render contest that's going to start very soon! Please don't miss it! I'm confident that it's going to be one of the best rounds of the year! xD The more participants, the better it will be!!! :nuts

I had some free time, so I made my entry early this time. Last time I thought I'd have some free time before the deadline but I was wrong.
I hope you like the signature :) I put alot of effort in making it look like that... Fusing techniques can drive you insane.
Great sig submission, Shin! I love the stock image and how you've completely manipulated it into something even more flashy! *.*

I need to start my sigs earlier from now on. So far I haven't got a solid idea on how I'm going to approach this shadow theme. I'll hopefully start messing around with some ideas this evening. :amuse

This was my first try for the Shadow theme
"What Lurks In The Shadows"

<hr noshade size="1">
Its not complete but what are your thoughts?
I like the second one the most! Awesome idea. Kashy is kinda right about that background image of Big Ben...however...even though it may not have a direct connection to that render; it looks great! :D I would consider changing the text font/style and size. Maybe, add something around the render like torn metal, shattered glass or something else along those lines? :headscratch

I got a cool idea :XD
What is it? :ninja

haha yeah. Would have been cool if you could make a animated gif with that render :XD
OMG! That would look amazing! :zomg
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

Hey xD Tell me more about this render contest?^^ I wasn't aware of it xD
OMG, my... "cutting" hability sucks xD but sure I'm in^^

And, yes, my doubts are solved now xD!
 

Shinsatsu

MH's Most Fashionable Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
2,817
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

Hey xD Tell me more about this render contest?^^ I wasn't aware of it xD
OMG, my... "cutting" hability sucks xD but sure I'm in^^

And, yes, my doubts are solved now xD!
Everyone choses some renders... We vote, and the winner is the render that's going to be used in the next contest.
The point is that everyone will be using the same render.
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

@Jin - Well it was an idea with spiderman in venom's web. Web of Shadows, but I think I'm gonna try a different sig.

Oh... forgot about the same render theme. :oh
I'll check to see what renders I have there~
 

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

@Bugzee
- I was originally planning to have the torn metal around the render. I just threw a city background in randomly, XD


Ive made another one from one of my other renders - thoughts?

 

Shinsatsu

MH's Most Fashionable Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
2,817
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

@~Coffee~:
- Nice work + Great color combo.
- The bottom part of the render is well done.
- The orange effect part needs some more blending with the background.
- The left part of the sig is bad... I'm sure you can make it better.
Make some changes and there you have a perfect sig xD
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

Thx, Shin^^

One more question: do I have to make the render, or can I link someone else's render I find on the web with credits?
 

DeBaron8

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2010
Messages
551
Reaction score
571
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

@Farfalla - From what I can tell everyone thus far has posted HQ renders made by other people.
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

Thx, Shin^^

One more question: do I have to make the render, or can I link someone else's render I find on the web with credits?
Hey Far~

Thanks to Shin; he pretty much explained everyhting about the render contest. I think it's best though that you read these two posts posts by Tsuki: here and here; so you're aware of everything you need to know about the up and coming render contest. You can submit your own render if you want. I don't think that would be a problem.

@Farfalla - From what I can tell everyone thus far has posted HQ renders made by other people.
That's what I was about to say as well lol.


everything* :nerve
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top