All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2008-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leen

MH's Peacemaker
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
2,870
Reaction score
60
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Basically, you can discuss about the contest here. You can comment on any sigs from anyone. Keep this place clean and civil. For submission, please go to the submission thread instead.

Thankies! :)
 
Last edited:

Windmillblade

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 15, 2007
Messages
625
Reaction score
9
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2008

like my sig? mixed diferent photos to one.
 

Leen

MH's Peacemaker
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
2,870
Reaction score
60
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2008

^
Well, if you want to participate, you should submit it in the submission thread. :XD

It is pretty good though.
 

abcdefghijkL0L

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2007
Messages
473
Reaction score
34
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2008

Do I have to put my name on it? =/ I'm just going to upload a copy that I posted of it at a different forum. You can check at my DA gallery if you want to make sure that I made it.

Actually, nevermind. I forgot I uploaded it into my signature. :lmao
 

admirenkiwi

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 6, 2006
Messages
463
Reaction score
5
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2008

ahhh i wont complain, my first time in photoshop = my first sig. very nooby :amuse
o wellz :)
i'll just admire the pic :wtf
 

hatsuharupeace

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 9, 2007
Messages
6,761
Reaction score
907
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: [Submissions] Sig of the Week #1-2

Nice siggie Magier, don't forgot to list where you found the stock though.
 

abcdefghijkL0L

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2007
Messages
473
Reaction score
34
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2008

Awesomu, I won my first contest at MH! :D
 

Leen

MH's Peacemaker
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
2,870
Reaction score
60
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2008

^
Congrats. Keep joining in the future contests. XD
 

RyuSensei

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 6, 2008
Messages
2,683
Reaction score
312
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2008

What's "Artist" theme about :> ?
 

Leen

MH's Peacemaker
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
2,870
Reaction score
60
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2008

It can be anything within that word artist. I mean, you can get a Mariah Carey stock, or anything within that range.

Artist can be singers, painters, actors, .... etc. :D It shouldn't be too hard, I guess. :XD


yo people.
Robot should be REALLY easy to make. You can have realistic robot sigs, anime robots, anything with robot. XD Expand your creativity. Themes will get more interesting every week. Good luck.
 
Last edited:

abcdefghijkL0L

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2007
Messages
473
Reaction score
34
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2008

Ah man...I forgot to do one for artist. I had something in mind but I forgot to do it. D:

An idea popped up when I read robot. :P I think I'll work on it after my SATs are over on the 6th.
 
Last edited:

Leen

MH's Peacemaker
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
2,870
Reaction score
60
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2008

Sure thing. I shall wait for your sig.

Good luck on your SAT. I took it 2 years ago. hahaha.
 

abcdefghijkL0L

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2007
Messages
473
Reaction score
34
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2008

Ahhhhhh, 2 more days left! D: I wish there were more hours in the day!


Hey hiruma, just a little tip, you might want to lessen the white glow since its making the render hard to see.
 

Leen

MH's Peacemaker
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
2,870
Reaction score
60
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2008

^
Making a sig does not take a lot of time. What's crazy is the render. Getting a good stock can be quite hard if you don't have easy means (like planetrenders). Plus, the thought of having to clean them. yuck.... The first few sigs I made were horrible. I couldn't even put in decent fonts into the sigs. I've improved slightly since then.
 

abcdefghijkL0L

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2007
Messages
473
Reaction score
34
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2008

Oh...I meant that for until the SATs are here. It usually takes me about an hour or two to make a signature. For stock I just look around on deviantart or google it. I'm still pretty bad with font lol.

How do you render? I usually just use the pen tool or Quick Mask to do it.
 
Last edited:

Leen

MH's Peacemaker
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
2,870
Reaction score
60
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2008

I don't use those handy tricks. I don't have any skills in pen. Because I self learned everything, I can only use the lasso tool and magic wand as for now. And the eraser. So it is really hard for me to render something. :grin I seriously need to learn how to use pen though. =/
 

Leen

MH's Peacemaker
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
2,870
Reaction score
60
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2008

Nice link. I shall try the pen soon. I am in my final week for first year in uni. I gotta study for now. Photoshop can come later. I'll have to learn how to use illustrator too.
 

abcdefghijkL0L

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2007
Messages
473
Reaction score
34
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2008

Ah...Illustrator. I can't use that at all, I absolutely have no idea how to work it. :lmao


Whoops...I finished it this afternoon but forgot to submit it until now. Is that okay?


Oh wait, never mind, I thought today was the 10th for some reason.


Whee, first sig in months. :lmao
 
Last edited:

darkdana666

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 28, 2007
Messages
238
Reaction score
183
Gender
Female
Country
Serbia
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2008

Guys~~~ My first time posting a contest submission. Can you tell me if I set everything alright?? ^_^'''
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top